(DEAD) goHastings 20% off entire order (up to $100) w/ promo code

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
Received an email from goHastings for 20% off entire order up to $100 with promo code EXC20BKF. The link to the page with the details is here. Offer is valid on 11/22. It also states it can only be used once per person or valid email address. You have to be logged into your account on their site, and have email notifications on for the discount to work. Thanks to technics1200 and merchie89 for clearing this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used it for medal of honor heroes 2 for the wii...it was a cheap game so this basically just covered shipping cost, but still, only 12 bucks shipped is a good price for one of the wii's few good FPS

Since the email was sent directly to customers with Hastings accounts, DON'T FORGET YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN FOR THE DISCOUNT TO WORK. That's all. People had issues with this the last 2 months they had this type of code until we realized that you have to have logged in first.

I personally recommend either getting a pre-ordered game for 20% off, or pre-ordering the used copy of Grand Turismo 5 PS3 ($53.99 * .8 = $43.20).

[quote name='technics1200']Since the email was sent directly to customers with Hastings accounts, DON'T FORGET YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN FOR THE DISCOUNT TO WORK. That's all. People had issues with this the last 2 months they had this type of code until we realized that you have to have logged in first.

I personally recommend either getting a pre-ordered game for 20% off, or pre-ordering the used copy of Grand Turismo 5 PS3 ($53.99 * .8 = $43.20).[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm dumb. Thanks.

[quote name='technics1200']Since the email was sent directly to customers with Hastings accounts, DON'T FORGET YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN FOR THE DISCOUNT TO WORK. That's all. People had issues with this the last 2 months they had this type of code until we realized that you have to have logged in first.

I personally recommend either getting a pre-ordered game for 20% off, or pre-ordering the used copy of Grand Turismo 5 PS3 ($53.99 * .8 = $43.20).[/QUOTE]

I'm signed in and I'm STILL not getting the discount. :/

any one ever have items not arrive from gohastings-and how do you deal with it

im trying to deal with 5 games that never showed up--but first they told me to wait 14 days to file a complain-now that the 14 days are up they gave me the usps number to call and ask them--which is pretty much a worthless usps automated machine.

The tracking numbers go hastings provided say the games were delivered--so im thinking they were either delivered at the wrong house or stolen-

so far im not seeing much hope in getting any real help.

Actually they have up to 21 days to get it to you. I've asked them about this, and they told me to sit tight because it still should be on it's way. It was a Eye of Judgement Bundle that was in a larger box than the usual yellow mailer, and USPS took their time delivering it because it was large. It go there on the 21st day! I would give them some more leeway (though I know 3 weeks sounds ludicrous).

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm signed in and I'm STILL not getting the discount. :/[/QUOTE]

If you have a rated M game, make sure you have the checkbox for the over 17/18 years of age message ticked. If that's not the case, try a different browser.

[quote name='youenvy']any one ever have items not arrive from gohastings-and how do you deal with it

im trying to deal with 5 games that never showed up--but first they told me to wait 14 days to file a complain-now that the 14 days are up they gave me the usps number to call and ask them--which is pretty much a worthless usps automated machine.

The tracking numbers go hastings provided say the games were delivered--so im thinking they were either delivered at the wrong house or stolen-

so far im not seeing much hope in getting any real help.[/QUOTE]

Try dialing 0 when you call the USPS number to get to an operator. Afterwards, see if they'll tell you where the package was sent to (ie. ask for the exact address). If that's not your place then you can send goHastings an e-mail, telling them that USPS indeed confirmed that it was sent to an address different from what you specified during your order.

If the address is correct, you best contact neighbors or your household to see if the package was misplaced. If not, try filing a lost package claim with goHastings and USPS, which may take a pretty lengthy amount of time.

[quote name='technics1200']Actually they have up to 21 days to get it to you. I've asked them about this, and they told me to sit tight because it still should be on it's way. It was a Eye of Judgement Bundle that was in a larger box than the usual yellow mailer, and USPS took their time delivering it because it was large. It go there on the 21st day! I would give them some more leeway (though I know 3 weeks sounds ludicrous).[/QUOTE]

He said that the tracking numbers claim that the packages have been delivered, so that shouldn't be the case -especially with USPS, where the status updates are usually updated days (exaggeration) after they deliver.

The other gohastings deal is dead so I'll share my bad experience in here..

Update: As I've said before, not only did they cancel my $1 game but I was still charged the same price for 2 games as I was for B2G1 for $1.

$62.12, I would've thought $1 would come off and even extra shipping charged.

I talked to some guy on the telephone just now. He told me I have to wait until I receive the items and then they'll send me a return shipping label. I told him "Well, I already know I want it returned so can't you send it out now?" He replied "Nope, you have to wait" So, not only will I have to wait for the shipping label but it will take me pretty close to Christmas to finally get this all sorted out. Allow 2-3 weeks to receive the games and have the refund issued + time waiting for the games right now and waiting for a return shipping label.

The guy said "Well, usually what we do when this happens is issue a gift card to you in the amount of the cancelled game." Wait...why would I want to do that? They never even took the $1 off and I paid the price of shipping 3 games. Am I going to get free shipping on the next game?

With gohastings, they seem to think that they are always right and the customer is wrong. The customer gets shafted by this garbage that they pull, and now I'm out of $62 until Christmas.

Not happy at all

Try again gohastings...absolutely absurd!

Got the same email earlier. And actually, I put two items in my cart that totaled $100 (including $10 shipping cost), entered the promo code, and then removed one of the items and I was still able to get the 20% discount on just the one item. ;)

Saw this a few hours ago in my inbox, of course the first thing I did was see if they had GT5 CE for preorder but it looks like they're not taking orders for it anymore... damn.

[quote name='sokari']If you have a rated M game, make sure you have the checkbox for the over 17/18 years of age message ticked. If that's not the case, try a different browser.[/QUOTE]

I've tried it with a variety of different games in different formats, and it's not worked for me on Chrome or Opera. I don't know what the deal is.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']The other gohastings deal is dead so I'll share my bad experience in here..

Update: As I've said before, not only did they cancel my $1 game but I was still charged the same price for 2 games as I was for B2G1 for $1.

$62.12, I would've thought $1 would come off and even extra shipping charged.

I talked to some guy on the telephone just now. He told me I have to wait until I receive the items and then they'll send me a return shipping label. I told him "Well, I already know I want it returned so can't you send it out now?" He replied "Nope, you have to wait" So, not only will I have to wait for the shipping label but it will take me pretty close to Christmas to finally get this all sorted out. Allow 2-3 weeks to receive the games and have the refund issued + time waiting for the games right now and waiting for a return shipping label.

The guy said "Well, usually what we do when this happens is issue a gift card to you in the amount of the cancelled game." Wait...why would I want to do that? They never even took the $1 off and I paid the price of shipping 3 games. Am I going to get free shipping on the next game?

With gohastings, they seem to think that they are always right and the customer is wrong. The customer gets shafted by this garbage that they pull, and now I'm out of $62 until Christmas.

Not happy at all

Try again gohastings...absolutely absurd![/QUOTE]

That sucks. Every single time I've had to return something they e-mailed the return label.

Been on the good end of canceled games (for the most part) during a B2G1 for $1's as well. Have had many orders turn into a B1G1 for $1.

Dunno what to say... probably around eight times I've had to call them up and each time they've been more than helpful.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I've tried it with a variety of different games in different formats, and it's not worked for me on Chrome or Opera. I don't know what the deal is.[/QUOTE]
The e-mail does state it's a private sale, I think for people who opt-in to their e-mails. It's still a weak promo, IMO.

[quote name='nekromantix']That sucks. Every single time I've had to return something they e-mailed the return label.

Been on the good end of canceled games (for the most part) during a B2G1 for $1's as well. Have had many orders turn into a B1G1 for $1.

Dunno what to say... probably around eight times I've had to call them up and each time they've been more than helpful.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response.. it really does STINK!!

^^ Dunno what to tell you JDH, I just got all 4 items today that I ordered from the 30% off sale last week, all in perfect shape, the only odd thing was they shipped two games in one package, so I hope I wasn't charge full shipping cost for that one.

I don't know if you're argumentative when you call them to complain, but if so you might want to change gears on that.

Sorry for your luck, but other than two issues I've recounted ages ago, I'll still buy from them, matter of fact I'm still debating picking up the game, I didn't pick up last week....

[quote name='youenvy']any one ever have items not arrive from gohastings-and how do you deal with it

so far im not seeing much hope in getting any real help.[/QUOTE]

I really do wish you luck they do these things say one thing to do and you wait they tell you to do another. By the time they stop helping and tell you to contact the carrier they shipped it from it is about to late to file for a claim with the bank like i did with them shipping me odst instead of halo reach legendary.

I suggest file a claim with the bank for one reason. The person getting a shipment can never file a claim only the shipper. The companies that tend to not care or goofed on a order they tend to make you go the route you are going with now. You have to go through the company that ships it calling a carrier will not help you besides getting tracking info. It is also a pain in the but to get a carrier to actually give you those rarely asked tracking info things to see where it shipped to. They tell you to call where you ordered it from and have them file a claim. If you get a helping person at the carrier they will tell you mostly basic info and maybe a little more. BUT even if you get proof by them they shipped to another address the shipper HAS to contact the carrier to file a claim. Gohastings is full of liars and they goof up to often for my tastes.

If the tracking shows delivered and they are telling you what you said they are not going to help you. The package was either delivered on the porch and stolen or delivered to the wrong one or lost maybe even. I suggest getting the tracking # IF gohastings will even give it to you and then keep calling usps and pray to god they will help. The usps is a joke when a package is lost. UPS you can get enough info about it and fedex but the usps bah i would not even bother. If you did not get an item and has been over 2 weeks and it is shipping from usa to usa just file a claim with the bank. If the item comes for god knows what reason then return them.

Do not wait any longer then 21 days cause banks give you a certain time period to be able to file a claim. These companies tend to delay you until you can not file one.

Sorry did this reply in a hurry but i had enough bad dealings with gohastings and some bad online places to know what happens and what they do. Just file a claim.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Got the same email earlier. And actually, I put two items in my cart that totaled $100 (including $10 shipping cost), entered the promo code, and then removed one of the items and I was still able to get the 20% discount on just the one item. ;)[/QUOTE]
It is not neceesary to have $100 worth of games in your cart to work the code. This is not 20% off of $100 or more. The code will work for up to $100 of total discount. Read the terms and conditions on the advertised code cerefuly!?!?

[quote name='bengalboy']Anybody else getting the coupon code EXC20BKF being expired? Isn't it good until the 24th?[/QUOTE]

It was only for the 22nd.

bread's done
Back