[dead] Gohastings 30% off used games - Extended to Today!

[quote name='Izod517']1 Starred just because you complained about stars.[/QUOTE]

cool story bro. I personally don't give a shit about what rating my threads have. I just thought it was stupid for someone to 1-star it within minutes of posting without any explanation, when all I'm doing is passing the word on to this community about a deal that was very popular just yesterday. Doesn't make much sense. So knock yourselves out and 1-star this all you want, it's probably the only way some here know how to contribute to this community.

Don't worry about him. Only douches make a comment that they gave a low rating to a thread.

I have never used this company. How are they in terms of getting the games delivered in a reasonable amount of time in a complete and playable condition? Alos how is their customer service.

Thanks for posting OP. If its a low-starred thread, don't worry, maybe its just a cloudy night.

I took advantage of this yesterday, some good deals on semi-recently released titles. Now to just see how many of them come complete and not too scratched up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guys, I think he was being sarcastic[/QUOTE]

The thread did go from 4 to 3 stars after he posted so who knows. Anyway I'd rather this thread be about the actual deal than this crap. I should have just ignored the 1-star lurkers than say anything. Next time :)

I was about to order a game last night and missed it. Glad it came back. It wasn't the greatest deal in the world,but I bought GOW III when it was released and should have kept it. I got it for 21.28 total thanks to this thread. Seems like it was 20 at gamefly before. I doubt it gets cheaper than 20. Thanks OP! I rated this thread 5 stars.

[quote name='nadohawk']I have never used this company. How are they in terms of getting the games delivered in a reasonable amount of time in a complete and playable condition? Alos how is their customer service.[/QUOTE]

The first time I ordered from them (On a Thursday) I got my games quick
(On Monday of the following week)

All four of mine came complete and playable.

Never dealt with cs so can't tell you anything about them.

My only gripe with them is shipping.

Yeah, I've placed around 10 orders with them over the last year and the games and books have been in excellent condition 99% of the time. One of my PSP games came with a cracked case, and another time they sent me Lumines I instead of II, which I didn't mind since I never played the first (it wasn't available when I ordered).

I've heard pretty good things about their CS, but also some bad now and then.

I rated it 2 stars here are my reasons.

The store 0-1 Star cause to many screwups with them in the past.

Deal 4-5 stars cause the prices are insane.

I never learned my lesson with them until recently i rather pay $10-15 more for games from a reputable store.

They had a problem processing my order and did not show any error on the page other than that...dang.

Edit: oh maybe it is that whole thing about me moving....yep that was it

[quote name='Izod517']1 Starred just because you complained about stars.[/QUOTE]

gotta admit SSj-shit was kind of funny-and im pretty sure he was just being sarcastic
but ive done shit like that on youtube just to be a dick

Post that say something like" i hate people who always ask- thumbs up if you agree ..thats stupid"
so then i quote them and post"yeah i hate those idiots...thumbs up if you
agree."

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah, I've placed around 10 orders with them over the last year and the games and books have been in excellent condition 99% of the time. One of my PSP games came with a cracked case, and another time they sent me Lumines I instead of II, which I didn't mind since I never played the first (it wasn't available when I ordered).

I've heard pretty good things about their CS, but also some bad now and then.[/QUOTE]

Well they are nice talking and tell you what you want to hear. The down side of that is more often then not they tend to say something you want to hear but it is a lie. It reminds me when i go to there store locally they act like they know everything but have no clue or lazy. I ordered around 50 or more 360 games from them in the past. I had issues about 25% of the time from getting wrong items sometimes non playable discs. I return whatever they messed up and had to pay return shipping. They sometimes do not refund you and have to hound them over and over. They tend to cancel the $1 item for that buy 2 get 1 for $1 deal just so you pay for the other stuff. They say it is out of stock and even say it it listed as out of stock on the site which you are refreshing nonstop as you talk and it is not. You then go and order it just to prove it and yup it ships out. I said something about this once and they hung up after i showed proof. I guess they do not like being called out. I normally do not do this but all the random issues from them ticked me off.

The biggest upset was i pre ordered halo reach legendary and they sent me a used odst game! I tried to return it and they got it and said since it was opened and could not prove they sent the wrong item i was out of luck. They told me i had to pay shipping to ship the odst game back to me. It only included the odst disc to. So paying $150+ for legendary for reach i got swindled. So that was my last straw and they took over 2 weeks after release to ship it with me calling nonstop asking why it never shipped. I kept getting lies.

The morale of the story is i got burned to much here and when you hit a issue like this they most likely will not fix it. They kept telling me they can not refund me cause they showed they shipped reach leg.

Do not get me wrong i got some amazing deals from them but there is a point where you just break and can not trust a person or company again after something like that and other issues.

I hear ps3 games are real harder to scratch so that is a +. They do not even clean the bugger coated cases on a few games i got. I do not know but hey each there own and figured i let people know so they can make a decision. The prices are amazing and with such deals you get lower profits so a company has lower end workers or what not and more issues arise i bet. Do not say i did not warn anyone.

Placed an order for star ocean second evolution for $10.59. Had been OOS for a while so happy to get it today, even though they increased the price. The 30% basically made it free shipping with the old price so I am happy. Here's hoping it doesn't get canceled because it is OOS again.

OP. Thanks. Operation Flashpoint shipped 6.60...willing to give it a go for that price. Might have been willing to buy more, but shipping was a bit much.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I rated it 2 stars here are my reasons.

The store 0-1 Star cause to many screwups with them in the past.

Deal 4-5 stars cause the prices are insane.

I never learned my lesson with them until recently i rather pay $10-15 more for games from a reputable store.[/QUOTE]

If you have no interest in shopping with Hastings any longer I don't understand why you would bother rating and posting in a Hastings thread.

Thanks OP. No games here, but I did buy a couple tv series.

Thanks OP,

Was finally able to pick up some PS3 games at price points I wanted:

Heavy Rain $21.76
Just Cause 2 $19.00
MAG $12.35
Batman GOTY $19.00 (I can keep mine sealed)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $10.63
Folklore $9.35

Picked up two more wii games (Dead Space Extraction and HoTD: Overkill for less than $9 each). I've probably gotten ~15 ps3 and wii games from hastings between b2g1 and 30% deals and I've never been disappointed.

I wasn't going to buy anything, but that plan never works. I ended up getting Dead Space Extraction, 007 Blood Stone, and MAG for $52 shipped. I figured since I really enjoyed QoS, that Blood Stone would be a fine gamble for about $28 (including shipping).

Edit: Put in a second order for Forza 3 for $15 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muthafodder']Thanks OP,

Was finally able to pick up some PS3 games at price points I wanted:

Heavy Rain $21.76
Just Cause 2 $19.00
MAG $12.35
Batman GOTY $19.00 (I can keep mine sealed)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $10.63
Folklore $9.35[/QUOTE]

I would have bought Heavy Rain and JC2 at those prices but I'm holding off for now. I just got a new game and there will probably be more deals on BF.

GoHastings is going thru some serious ordering issues. I placed an order for Black Ops yesterday and kept on encountering a "Error processing order" error. So I kept trying to place the order. Guess what? I now have 5 pre-authorized charges on my card for $43. I called and they said there is nothing they can do since it's pre-authorized... well guess what... my bank doesn't let me use that money until the hold is released, and now I won't be able to take advantage of the offer.

Don't think I'll be shopping from them in the future.

Has anyone played Metro 2033 for 360? Been thinking about getting it for a long time but have been waiting for a $20 price point. It would be $21 dlvd through this sale so I might bite.

[quote name='Vakir']GoHastings is going thru some serious ordering issues. I placed an order for Black Ops yesterday and kept on encountering a "Error processing order" error. So I kept trying to place the order. Guess what? I now have 5 pre-authorized charges on my card for $43. I called and they said there is nothing they can do since it's pre-authorized... well guess what... my bank doesn't let me use that money until the hold is released, and now I won't be able to take advantage of the offer.

Don't think I'll be shopping from them in the future.[/QUOTE]

I understand their website was borked, but who's fault was it that YOU placed 5 orders for the same item.....:whistle2:#

Next time try to have some patience or at least look to see your order history before you buy something five times in a row due to their glitchy website. Sigh....

Anyone know if you can use both the coupon and the Buy 2 Get 1 for $1? That would be even more amazing! :D

Either way, it's still a great deal!!

NVM, saw the details when I went to check out, still a great deal though!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cosmo2389']Anyone know if you can use both the coupon and the Buy 2 Get 1 for $1? That would be even more amazing! :D

Either way, it's still a great deal!!

NVM, saw the details when I went to check out, still a great deal though!! :D[/QUOTE]
fuck fuck fuck!!!! The one game I wanted had just one copy left and someone ordered it.

Thanks a ton for extending it though I will have to give another look. Dang, I just got back from putting the money in my account too. Should've got the last one sooner I guess.. Whoever ordered it I hate you! No just kidding, enjoy the game....

:cry:

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']fuck fuck fuck!!!! The one game I wanted had just one copy left and someone ordered it.

Thanks a ton for extending it though I will have to give another look. Dang, I just got back from putting the money in my account too. Should've got the last one sooner I guess.. Whoever ordered it I hate you! No just kidding, enjoy the game....

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Was it the Unwound Future?

How can you tell how many copies are left?

[quote name='Muthafodder']How can you tell how many copies are left?[/QUOTE]
I added two copies of the game along with another game and even before promo-codes it told me that the quantity wasn't available. So I deleted one of the games and I was able to order one copy. Now it's out of stock so it had to be because they only had one left and someone ordered.

It was Monopoly Streets. Maybe it's better that they didn't have it, but at 30% off their price was pretty good. I knew my friend would buy one of them and we could play on LIVE. :lol:

Thanks OP, I was able to get Clone Wars Season 2 DVD yesterday for $17 (only had one in stock), and forgot about Cougar Town S1 until it was too late. Got it tonight ($12).

This is a pretty damn good deal for some things. How are the used TV DVD sets? Modern Family S1 for 30% off would have been perfect if it weren't sold out already. Fortunately, I can think of some alternative titles.

[quote name='dino88']If you have no interest in shopping with Hastings any longer I don't understand why you would bother rating and posting in a Hastings thread. [/QUOTE]

It's the old adage they used to say when I worked retail "If a customer has a good experience, they'll tell a friend. If a customer has a bad experience, they'll tell *everybody*".

I could see him/her posting just cause they want to 'warn' other CAGs. I've read enough issues with GoHastings on CAG to make me pause even though the majority of transactions seem to be fine.

Is this deal dead? I entered the promotion code, it said that it accepted it but my balance is the same, it doesn't reflect the discount. I'm not going to make that final click to order the product unless I know for sure they are taking the 30% off.

bread's done
Back