[dead] Gohastings 30% off used games - Extended to Today!

[quote name='JoshTX']Is this deal dead? I entered the promotion code, it said that it accepted it but my balance is the same, it doesn't reflect the discount. I'm not going to make that final click to order the product unless I know for sure they are taking the 30% off.[/QUOTE]

I thought it only worked on used games.

[quote name='JoshTX']Is this deal dead? I entered the promotion code, it said that it accepted it but my balance is the same, it doesn't reflect the discount. I'm not going to make that final click to order the product unless I know for sure they are taking the 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Just checked, it still works. Are you ordering M for mature games? If so check the "yes im 17 or older" box at the bottom of the page that was the problem for me i think.

It was a "T" rated game but I think I noticed where I screwed up. I checked the box for "previously viewed" instead of "used" so I'm going to go back and fix it and then see if it works.

Update: It worked. I guess previously viewed items don't count, although technically speaking they are "used".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bengalboy']Anyone else having trouble getting a used game page to not load? I keep getting a system error screen.[/QUOTE]

You just have to use the QuickView link when you hover over the game instead of clicking the link.

I usually do this when the page link is erroring out/// allows you to still add the game to your cart.

Looks like deal is dead.... Made sure to put my order in before 10PM PST.. i think their site expires codes by Midnight CST which I've noticed.

I think that all the negatives is the customer service, and that is not good at all. I think I'd be able to trust my mafia better than these guys from what I have heard about GH.

IT LIVES, now the code is : UCDVG30 for Friday and Saturday.

Code: MM123 buy 2 get third for 1 buck still seems to be valid as well, don't stack. Both only good on used as noted.

Shipping notice times are weird. I'd usually get them a day after, but suddenly they're randomly sending them overnight or very early in the morning.

Already had two or three games canceled. Not that important, since it only makes my orders even better. This is why I always shop here. (I think i've wasted at least 1-2k on them alone.) Also, any order mistakes i've ever encountered have been fixed without a hitch. Maybe i'm just very, very lucky.

[quote name='Interfeci']Shipping notice times are weird. I'd usually get them a day after, but suddenly they're randomly sending them overnight or very early in the morning.

Already had two or three games canceled. Not that important, since it only makes my orders even better. This is why I always shop here. (I think i've wasted at least 1-2k on them alone.) Also, any order mistakes i've ever encountered have been fixed without a hitch. Maybe i'm just very, very lucky.[/QUOTE]

How long would you say that it usually takes them to ship games out?

[quote name='oosolost']How long would you say that it usually takes them to ship games out?[/QUOTE]

Shipping notice is anywhere between 1-7 days. I've never had anything not canceled take more than a week for a notice. Afterwards, since it's all first class, two days for delivery.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']I added two copies of the game along with another game and even before promo-codes it told me that the quantity wasn't available. So I deleted one of the games and I was able to order one copy. Now it's out of stock so it had to be because they only had one left and someone ordered.

It was Monopoly Streets. Maybe it's better that they didn't have it, but at 30% off their price was pretty good. I knew my friend would buy one of them and we could play on LIVE. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I dont know how much you would have got it for with this deal, but I scored a new copy of streets off ebay for $23 the other day. There are a bunch of people selling them for cheap on ebay. I think its from all the people that won the game for free from the McDonals Monopoly game, and now they're getting rid of them since they probably dont own a console.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I think it's only for select titles this time.[/QUOTE]

It is, there are only 39 titles which qualify.

I tried getting DR2 with the code, but it didn't take the discount off.

I received an e-mail that states goHastings pre-Black Friday promos extend until tomorrow.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Black Friday OFFERS" continue this Fri-Sat ONLY 11/19- 11/20!
NEW ONLINE SAVINGS include:

Last weekend for Mix & Match Buy 2 get 3rd $1 on Used DVDs, Games, Bks & CDs.
Code: MM123

Or take 30% Off select Video Games & Used CDs with Promo Code!
Code: UCDVG30

2 Screen portable DVD Player Only $79.99.
Blu-ray get an additional 20% off select Used & Previously Viewed titles.
Unique gifts for Guys On Sale.
2 for $15 incredible book gift kits!
[/FONT]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont know how much you would have got it for with this deal, but I scored a new copy of streets off ebay for $23 the other day. There are a bunch of people selling them for cheap on ebay. I think its from all the people that won the game for free from the McDonals Monopoly game, and now they're getting rid of them since they probably dont own a console.[/QUOTE]
For 360? Nice deal! Since it's a pretty new game I expect used copies to be just about as good, but I'd pay $23 for new.

How is the game? Have you played on Live?

Thanks

so far its prett cool. The whole 3-D view is interesting. It does add length to the game though. I have not played online yet, from what I have read, its one of those games where if the host quits, its game over for everyone. Then you dont get any of your exp (or whatever its called)

Got a 360 black ops through gohastings as part of the buy 2 get 1 for a $1 deal a week ago. So I got Castlevania: LOS(PS3), COD: Black Ops(360), and Rock band 3(360) all used for a total of $104 or $34 each. Already received both Castlevania and Black Ops and both have no marks on the discs whatsover and both had the actual case and manuals inside. You might just have to wait if COD:BO is out of stock or not.

Why is Monopoly Streets in stock right now?

I ordered B2G1 yesterday and Monopoly Streets (My $1 game) was cancelled while the rest of them shipped. I would've expected Monopoly Streets to say OUT OF STOCK right now... I wish they didn't cancel it and would've just sent the game out a day later.

Total bullshit, right now I can't recommend this website to anyone. Completely terrible, 30% was off then it's on then it's off again...give me fucking break. I was stuck ordering B2G1 and wouldn't of got screwed if 30% off was still active.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Why is Monopoly Streets in stock right now?

I ordered B2G1 yesterday and Monopoly Streets (My $1 game) was cancelled while the rest of them shipped. I would've expected Monopoly Streets to say OUT OF STOCK right now... I wish they didn't cancel it and would've just sent the game out a day later.

Total bullshit, right now I can't recommend this website to anyone. Completely terrible, 30% was off then it's on then it's off again...give me fucking break. I was stuck ordering B2G1 and wouldn't of got screwed if 30% off was still active.[/QUOTE]

I like GoHastings because they have tons of newer games and whatnot but that's their biggest fault: their inventory system sucks. I've had that happen to me multiple times (made an order, they canceled b/c item was OOS, but then it was still showing up as in stock when I check the item page.

Total bullshit, right now I can't recommend this website to anyone. Completely terrible, 30% was off then it's on then it's off again...give me fucking break. I was stuck ordering B2G1 and wouldn't of got screwed if 30% off was still active.[/QUOTE]

First off - breathe. Call Hastings during the week and just politely let them know your dollar game got cancelled and theyll take care of you (they sent me a gift card). As for the game going in and out of stock, the same thing happened with nba 2k11. Just use the 30 percent off code available today and hope for the best. Worse case you don't get it again.

I got Assassin Creed Brotherhood, Black Ops and Sims 3 for PS3 for $115 shipped or $38 each...good deal I think.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']First off - breathe. Call Hastings during the week and just politely let them know your dollar game got cancelled and theyll take care of you (they sent me a gift card). As for the game going in and out of stock, the same thing happened with nba 2k11. Just use the 30 percent off code available today and hope for the best. Worse case you don't get it again.[/QUOTE]
I took advantage of the deal because I was given the impression it was expiring. I do not have the money to spare for games but it was going to be an investment that would help me during the holidays. Not everyone just has $62 to let a company borrow for a week, then I'm still waiting about 10 days to 2 weeks after my original order to get everything sorted out.

I made the decision towards getting the games because it would benefit me in the long run; instead, I'm being completely ripped off for $30. I paid $62 for 2 games now rather than 3.

I don't want a gift card if that's what they're offering. I want them to learn to run a business properly and refund me CASH for the order. I can't afford to wait and hope they come good.

On top of all that, I ordered 3 games (B2G1) for $62.12. They cancelled the $1 game and still charged me $62.12! If you shop there you know that shipping also goes up per game..

That is really incredible.
I'm going to calm down but it's important that this issue is addressed.

I ordered Castlevania Lords of Shadow for $26.60 after the discount, and EA MMA for $24.95 after the discount. Today I received the Castlevania game in the mail but they sent me an unopened Limited Edition version instead of a used regular edition.

And I was worried about the condition I would get these in. Good stuff.

[quote name='musha666']I ordered Castlevania Lords of Shadow for $26.60 after the discount, and EA MMA for $24.95 after the discount. Today I received the Castlevania game in the mail but they sent me an unopened Limited Edition version instead of a used regular edition.

And I was worried about the condition I would get these in. Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Man, that's awesome

[quote name='musha666']I ordered Castlevania Lords of Shadow for $26.60 after the discount, and EA MMA for $24.95 after the discount. Today I received the Castlevania game in the mail but they sent me an unopened Limited Edition version instead of a used regular edition.

And I was worried about the condition I would get these in. Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

WOW, envious...

Well, I just got an e-mail from GH, and was preparing to make a thread about it, but I can't get the coupon code to work. It apparently only works if you're signed in to your GH account and received the e-mail, so if you have one/got it, the code is "EXC20BKF." It's supposed to give 20% off your entire order up to $100. Anyone have any luck with it?

So, I sent them an e-mail on 11/19 at around 10:30 PM and was told I'd receive a response within 48 hours, but I've received no response regarding the e-mail I sent them to cancel the order. Today I received shipment confirmation on the two games at around 4:30pm.

I'm going to call them now...

Update: As I've said before, not only did they cancel my $1 game but I was still charged the same price for 2 games as I was for B2G1 for $1.

$62.12, I would've thought $1 would come off and even extra shipping charged.

I talked to some guy on the telephone just now. He told me I have to wait until I receive the items and then they'll send me a return shipping label. I told him "Well, I already know I want it returned so can't you send it out now?" He replied "Nope, you have to wait" So, not only will I have to wait for the shipping label but it will take me pretty close to Christmas to finally get this all sorted out. Allow 2-3 weeks to receive the games and have the refund issued + time waiting for the games right now and waiting for a return shipping label.

The guy said "Well, usually what we do when this happens is issue a gift card to you in the amount of the cancelled game." Wait...why would I want to do that? They never even took the $1 off and I paid the price of shipping 3 games. Am I going to get free shipping on the next game?

Try again gohastings...absolutely absurd!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Update: As I've said before, not only did they cancel my $1 game but I was still charged the same price for 2 games as I was for B2G1 for $1.

$62.12, I would've thought $1 would come off and even extra shipping charged.

I talked to some guy on the telephone just now. He told me I have to wait until I receive the items and then they'll send me a return shipping label. I told him "Well, I already know I want it returned so can't you send it out now?" He replied "Nope, you have to wait" So, not only will I have to wait for the shipping label but it will take me pretty close to Christmas to finally get this all sorted out. Allow 2-3 weeks to receive the games and have the refund issued + time waiting for the games right now and waiting for a return shipping label.

The guy said "Well, usually what we do when this happens is issue a gift card to you in the amount of the cancelled game." Wait...why would I want to do that? They never even took the $1 off and I paid the price of shipping 3 games. Am I going to get free shipping on the next game?

Try again gohastings...absolutely absurd![/QUOTE]

That is incredibly unlucky. My $1 was also canceled, and i've already received gift cards for these kinds of problems.

So I just called, got a lovely lady on the phone. I let her know that my dollar game was canceled, and that I purchased it during a promotion. She let me know that i'd get the price of the game credited back to me. I then asked the question 'You mean store credit, or back on my card?' She told me it was going back to my card.

Score. I then let them know about some games that didn't work, and they'll be sending me new ones. If those don't work, I assume we'll be going through cycles until they do, or until I get a refund.

They're going to refund the $1 game to your card? Hmmmm.. I wish I could've been so lucky. Right now I'm just pissed and need to wait for these games to get here, which will probably be Friday if I'm lucky. Then I'll hope to call gohastings before they close so they can send me a return shipping label. By that point the label won't be here until next wednesday. Then about 2-3 weeks from Dec. 1st. Really is bullshit.

Got my copy of Black Ops (360) in the mail. Disc is perfectly fine, the packaging they used was really tight and the box is kinda dinged up. Didn't help that they put a rfid tag on the back that warps the plastic when its removed.

So all in all I'm content; disc came in like new condition, decent price, arrived quickly, box could have been in better shape.

I received my two games. One was Afro Samurai (Xbox 360) excellent condition. However, The Last Remnant (Xbox 360) was had plastic case ripped in the front and the back. Possibly I just do not understand why anyone cannot take are of RPGs. I actually thought people who played RPGs were at least mature enough to take care of their games.

Got my God Of War III today. First game I've bought from gohastings that has numbers written on the disc. =/

I had it when it was first released. I might as well have kept it. I wanted it again since it was 21.28 total.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']They're going to refund the $1 game to your card? Hmmmm.. I wish I could've been so lucky. Right now I'm just pissed and need to wait for these games to get here, which will probably be Friday if I'm lucky. Then I'll hope to call gohastings before they close so they can send me a return shipping label. By that point the label won't be here until next wednesday. Then about 2-3 weeks from Dec. 1st. Really is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

One thing i've always learned is that as a male, you should hope for female CS, and vice versa. Most of the time you get the better option if that's the case.

They didn't send me a return shipping label either, which is odd. Usually they send it to you the same day you call them. This way you'll receive your stuff at the same time they get theirs, making the process faster.

Edit: Actually, I have the generic return label right here. Let me know if you want it.

[quote name='Dranakin']Received the rest of my order, still waiting for the DJ Hero bundle to arrive...[/QUOTE]

heads up on that--when i ordered it from them took like 10 days to arrive-
-guessing cuz it was such a big package

Got my copy of Dead Rising 2: Zombrex edition. Box was in bad shape and the card with the theme code was missing (as I expected). The rest was mint.

[quote name='Interfeci']One thing i've always learned is that as a male, you should hope for female CS, and vice versa. Most of the time you get the better option if that's the case.

They didn't send me a return shipping label either, which is odd. Usually they send it to you the same day you call them. This way you'll receive your stuff at the same time they get theirs, making the process faster.

Edit: Actually, I have the generic return label right here. Let me know if you want it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the offer but I want to make sure nothing else goes wrong with this screwy company. Maybe I'll call back tomorrow and see who I can get on the phone. Really sucks and I have no intent to accept the gift card instead of a refund. I really hope they don't get dirty and charge me for the shipping.

[quote name='youenvy']heads up on that--when i ordered it from them took like 10 days to arrive-
-guessing cuz it was such a big package

bread's done
Back