(DEAD) GoHastings 33% off Used Blus and more

dammit I've added several things to my cart, and now I'm basically trying to convince myself that I don't need some of them. I'M WORKING AGAINST MYSELF

Grabbed Captain America, Men Who Stare At Goats, and Cowboys & Aliens for ~$15.99. Couldn't pass 'em up thanks to how cheap they were (and hey, C&A's for my family - I hated the entire second half of that movie when I saw it in theaters).

I really, really wanted Rango, too, but it takes me to an error message if I try to get the Blu-ray.

...anyway, the point of this post was to say thanks for posting the deal.

I picked up some DVD sets instead of the Blu versions (wanted cheaper options for now), but anyway, I grabbed Eastdown and Down Season 2 set and the Walking Dead season one special edition set. $15 shipped for both. Not too shabby. Would have liked the Blu versions, but again, cheap...

Okay I'm done now I hope.

I got (shipping included)

Yojimbo/Sanjuro Criterion collection [Blu-ray] - $22.37
Star Wars: Clone Wars Season 3 [Blu-ray]- $15.57
Godfather Collection [Blu-ray] - $15.30
The Wire Season 3 [DVD] - $10.89

So $64.13 total for all that, not bad at all. I hope they all ship, especially the Kurosawa set which I've been meaning to upgrade my DVD to forever.

Picked up just cause 2 :360:, Rambo 2&3 blu, and silent hill on DVD for $25 shipped. Always heard good things about JC2 and who doesn't love some 80's Rambo?

Thanks for this post OP! Gohastings is killing my wallet now after those 33% off game deals. I picked up Hugo, Resident Evil Afterlife, Drive Angry, Tangled, and Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon all on 3D blu-ray for $80 total! Too bad a couple more I wanted are sold out. Hopefully these will actually ship out and arrive appropriately.

mini-order gamble (due to PV quality):

Transformers Animated Season 1 previously viewed (yech!) $5.23 shipped

I would have bought Transformers Prime S1 but that's on Netflix streaming now.

I picked up these blus:

West Side Story (Ultimate Edition 4 disc with book)
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Lost Season 2 Extended

M

Quick question for anyone who's used GoHastings before - all of the blu-rays I ordered come up as "out of stock" on my order status page. Is this normal, or am I going to end up empty-handed?

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Quick question for anyone who's used GoHastings before - all of the blu-rays I ordered come up as "out of stock" on my order status page. Is this normal, or am I going to end up empty-handed?[/QUOTE]

Yep it's normal.

Was good until they sent me an email about canceling my Walking Dead and Real Steel. Still amazed they use this ancient inventory system.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Was good until they sent me an email about canceling my Walking Dead and Real Steel. Still amazed they use this ancient inventory system.[/QUOTE]

If you ever visit a Hastings retail location, you'll be amazed at the fact that they can find anything at all, ever. Half due to customers putting anything anywhere, and half due to the weird way they have things randomly categorized.

Ordered "Used" walking dead Dvd(Regular set) for 10 and some change shipped..a little late to ask and of course I am a first time buyer but what is the chance of this having the original artwork/case ect.... and if no go then how hard is it to purchase said artwork? Sorry for any "dumb" questions but I am a bit of a collector....and maybe GoHastings was NOT the way to go.

[quote name='killa5k7']Ordered "Used" walking dead Dvd(Regular set) for 10 and some change shipped..a little late to ask and of course I am a first time buyer but what is the chance of this having the original artwork/case ect.... and if no go then how hard is it to purchase said artwork? Sorry for any "dumb" questions but I am a bit of a collector....and maybe GoHastings was NOT the way to go.[/QUOTE]

So far everything I've ordered from them had everything except for A Bug's Life, which was missing the slip and had a small tear in the plastic. Not ordering Previously Viewed increases your chances of getting the artwork, case, etc. That's just my experience though. Maybe someone else can give you more insight. As far as getting it if it's not included, I'm not sure where you could get it from unless it's a personal seller.

[quote name='Kerig']If you ever visit a Hastings retail location, you'll be amazed at the fact that they can find anything at all, ever. Half due to customers putting anything anywhere, and half due to the weird way they have things randomly categorized.[/QUOTE]

My local Hastings is probably the most diligent at keeping everything where they should be. I can't even hide movies for my own benefit of waiting for a better sale because they are constantly going through their isles.

M

I've ordered used and "previously viewed" discs from Hastings online numerous times. In my experience, the vast majority of the time discs arrive with complete original packaging. "Previously viewed" discs are ex-Hastings rentals. In my experience, every "previously viewed" disc I've ever received from Hastings has been in flawless like-new condition except "previously viewed" discs have a removable bar-code sticker on the disc hub and sometimes over the UPC of the paper cover (which is a bit harder to remove but can be done). Used discs from Hastings online are a mixed bag. I've received "used" discs in terrible, abused condition, packaging, and I've received "used" DVDs and BDs still brand new in unopened factory shrinkwrap.

So Rango, which I ordered a couple of hours after my original order (had to mess around a bit before I could find a way to make the order page for the blu-ray pop up), is the only one that's shipped so far. I really hope I at least get Ponyo, as it was much less expensive than any other price I've seen for it elsewhere.

Anyway, I had another question about the order: all of the blu-rays are marked "previously viewed" in the order status page, although I made sure to select "used" instead of the former while ordering. Again, is this normal? I figured previously viewed meant a higher chance of no cover art - and I'll be returning everything if that's the case. I like my cover art.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a helpful post. Thanks for letting me know!

used: movie traded in by customer
PV: former rental, more often in worse condiiton (missing original packaging, etc..) and may be a disc specifically created for rental only (missing special features, etc.)

so, ended up placing another order. picked up the pacific and band of brothers on blu for $22 each :) grabbed sunshine cleaning at $3 as well.

now then... anyone interested in a like-new band of brothers DVD set?

[quote name='bobbyblane']Anyone know how they differentiate between "used" and "previously viewed"?[/QUOTE]

I've never really noticed any difference when I bought either.
I think the previously viewed were previously rentals, but really have no idea.

I love gohastings and i have never have had a problem but for those of you that have purchased a blu ray disney do they come with the slipcover? Never really care for other movies but for disney my damn ocd kicks in and my collections seems incomplete with out it lol

[quote name='trailmix10']I love gohastings and i have never have had a problem but for those of you that have purchased a blu ray disney do they come with the slipcover? Never really care for other movies but for disney my damn ocd kicks in and my collections seems incomplete with out it lol[/QUOTE]

Hit or miss with stuff that includes slipcovers. I think overall for slipcovers, I'm like 11 for 15 of ones that should come with slipcovers, so just depends on your luck.

Ended up with:

Battlestar Galactica: Season 1
Narnia (Lion, Witch, Wardrobe) 4 disc set
Art of the Devil (double pack)
Vinyan
Fragile
The Rock (Criterion)
High Tension
Severance
Ils (Them)

All for ~$25 after shipping. All DVD. Not bad. I lurvez Gurhaystainz!

[quote name='Squarehard']Hit or miss with stuff that includes slipcovers. I think overall for slipcovers, I'm like 11 for 15 of ones that should come with slipcovers, so just depends on your luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
I went ahead and took my chances ordered all blus
Fox and the Hound w/2
Bambi 2
Cars 2
Lion King 11/2
Wallstreet
Total 48.75
Love original wall street hopefully cars 2 doesn't suck never seen it as well as the remainder of the Disney sequels.

[quote name='silentevil']Just picked up Star Wars Complete Saga for 48 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't think about that, otherwise I would've been hard pressed not to drop 48 bucks I don't have on it. :)

So Ponyo came in today! Nothing else has made it in so far, but for something I ordered on Friday, that's some damn fast shipping. As for the condition, here's the lowdown:

• No slipcover. Not sure if it normally has one and honestly don't care - I don't like those things.
  • Case is beat up a bit and has sticker residue, and the cover art itself has what looks like a coffee stain on the back of it (somehow it doesn't show up on the front, thank god!)
  • It actually came with both the Blu-ray and DVD copy, which surprised me (it cost me ~$14 after tax+shipping). The DVD copy was loose, however, and it looks fairly scratched up. Haven't tested it yet, but I was aiming to keep the Blu-ray, anyway.
It was listed under "used" condition, by the way, and not "previously viewed". Considering this was the one movie I wanted the most out of what I ordered, I'm fairly pleased. ;) First time using GoHastings, too.

Ponyo originally came with a slip, but not everywhere has it with them, and since it's used it's even less likely. Even if you ordered a new copy direct from Disney right now they wouldn't include one

I think kid titles are more likely to be in worse condition than other genres regardless of whether it's used or PV. I've been pretty pleased with the condition of the stuff I've gotten from Hastings over the past few years.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Glad I didn't think about that, otherwise I would've been hard pressed not to drop 48 bucks I don't have on it. :)[/QUOTE]

It was oos when I first looked at it. I kept checking on it throughout the sale and was able to snag one in the last few hours of the sale.

Incredible Hulk came in today. Practically new green case and slip cover. Also had unused digital copy that I'm downloading as I type this.

Hopefully the rest of my stuff comes tomorrow. On a side note when I went to my apartment's office to ask if I had any packages they had a shirt my mom sent me when she visited Mexico a month ago. They never called or left a note. Had no idea she even sent it.

I'm really impressed with Hastings (and USPS). I got 2 of my packages today (from TX to NY first class). They're in perfect condition. The Godfather collection came with Slipcase and everything. My Clone Wars Season 3 didn't come with a slip though.

bread's done
Back