[DEAD] GS/EB trade 3 games bonus 10%, 4-20%, 5-30% (w/ edgecard ~ 40%)

trade 3 games: bonus 10%
trade 4 games: bonus 20%
trade 5 games: bonus 30%

its on the 'trade in values' webpage of eb/gs. doesnt have an expiration date yet so this might be a mistake.

anyone confirm this in store?

I was looking to take advantage of this bonus today but it seems the entire Northeastern Oklahoma region is not honoring this deal, and are instead offering some weak free music download card with 3 game trade ins.

Bummed out a little as I was hoping to get rid of a few games.

[quote name='kofijamal']I did this Wednesday to get the DS/Brain Age 2 Bundle.

360:
GRAW 17.00

I hope this helps. This place has been great for me, anything to help![/quote]

Sure does. Thanks!

I assume that's GRAW 2?

Here are some trade in prices from today all are before extra's

Final Fantasy III DS $15.
Harvest Moon DS $6.
SSX Blur WII $10.
Bounty Hounds PSP $7.
Street Homecourt PS3 $10.
College Hoops 2k7 PS3 $6.
Genji PS3 $9.

I traded in 131 (PS2) games. I got $497.43 when combined with the previous balance on my Edgecard - I was able to get a Xbox 360 Elite, 3 used 360 games and 1 used PS3 game and I still have money on my card.

Yesterday I traded in:
Simpsons Hit and Run (GC)-$8
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas(PS2)-$10
Ninja Gaiden Black-$8
Halo-$10
NBA2K7(360)-$7
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2-$7
Fuzion Frenzy 2-$10

With the bonuses I got $84 in credit.

[quote name='christof']I was looking to take advantage of this bonus today but it seems the entire Northeastern Oklahoma region is not honoring this deal, and are instead offering some weak free music download card with 3 game trade ins.

Bummed out a little as I was hoping to get rid of a few games.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me in the Kansas City area stores. I told the guy that the deal was "awful" and I would have no part of it. I had 11 games to trade in too. I ended up using them on a halo 3 preorder so I could at least get 20% extra and not have the bag of games to trade in sitting around the house.

I know this doesnt have anything to do with this deal but does anyone know how much an Xbox consoles trade in value is nowadays?

I would have paid $25 shipped for sylpheed, easily! Please, people, if youre going to trade in newer stuff, at least give some warning on here..

I traded in a lot of crap. All of this is before bonus. Got Halo 3 LE paid off and part of Phoenix Wright 3. The cashier wasn't a manager so he couldn't override the double bonus, but the edge card did stack for 40% bonus.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X PSP - 6
Lumines PSP - 11
Star Wars KOTOR Xbox - 2.50
Ace Combat 5 PS2 - 7
Katamari Damacy PS2 - 12
Downhill Domination PS2 -3
No One Lives Forever PS2 - .50
Unreal Championship Xbox - 1.50 (It was actually UC2 I gave them, I see now that it was entered incorrectly on receipt)
The Thing Xbox - 1
Harvest Moon DS - 6 (this one dropped a lot.. of course my EB probably has about 15 copies in stock now since the DS/PSP deal.. Still going to keep bringing them in as long as Best Buy keeps getting them.. ;)
Legend of Zelda; Four Swords GBA - 6
Konami Collectors Arcade Advanced - .75

Most were pretty shitty values, but they also were games I hadn't touched in a while. Got a little over $80 total. Pretty happy with that.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Were they good? Or total shit?

I have some good/total shit games...tons...maybe Id make moreoff a garage sell at 4 bucks a pop?[/quote]
Check the wiki. Trade in anything that's above $4, sell anything that's below at a garage sale. It might take you a little while to check, but it'd be worth it.

Updated the wiki with jer7583, fullmetalfan720, and mgmp's info. Thanks guys!

[quote name='blandstalker']Sure does. Thanks!

I assume that's GRAW 2?[/QUOTE]

You know, she (a new GA hiredjust before I left the store, thank God) might have rung me up as GRAW2 instead of GRAW1 .

Guitar Hero Rock the 80s-PS2 $25.00
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme-PS2 $12.00
Dance Dance Revoultion Ultramix 3 -Xbox $8.00
Dance Dance Revolution Ultraverse-XBOX 360- $9.00
Zone of Enders The Second Runner- $8.00

Picked up a used Bioshock and Steel Battalion(with controller).

Here are some values from today, all base prices, before bonuses.

Xbox:

The Thing - $1
Ninja Gaiden (NOT Black)- $2.50
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $1

PS2:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $6
Fullmetal Alchemist - $8

GC:

Animal Crossing - $8
TMNT - $7

DS-

Trace Memory - $3

[quote name='cchen326']Does anyone know the most updated price for God of War 2?[/QUOTE]

$15 before the bonus credit....just traded it in today

SCORE!

I got a clerk to stack the 30% bonus with the 20% preorder bonus and the 10% Edge boost. I went to a GS I don't normally go to (because I knew the others wouldn't do it) and asked first. He said "sure". Of course it wouldn't work after he tried it 3 different ways, but he was determined ;). So I casually suggested that in the past they have had to manually adjust for the preorder bonus. So, eventually, with my help (with the math and all ;)) he figured out what to do and I turned 1 decent game, 1 bad but fairly new game, one flipped game from Best Buy, and 2 throwaway PS2 filler games into a Mario Galaxy preorder with $28 extra left over!

:360:
Forza 2 - $25
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $10

:xbox:
Just Cause - $7

:ps2:
Blowout - $0.75
Rogue Ops - $0.50

It actually comes out to more than 60% since they stack everything. For example, 30% is first, then the 20% (manually) on top of that, then the Edge on top of it all (though that doesn't seem to have stacked on the 30%, just on the 20% - I guess they fixed that one minor loophole). So, all in all, my percentage increase was actually 80% (though I helped, honestly, with the math he kind of went off and did his own thing at the end and may have bumped it more than he should have).

He did say he was probably "going to get a call about this one", which I felt a little bad about. I did fully pay for the Mario Galaxy preorder so hopefully that will help him a bit. But he was very cool about the whole thing, so I'll definitely be going back to that location and ignoring the hardass EB in the same mall. This is also the second Mario Galaxy I have preordered but I'll make sure to pick up this copy so as to help his numbers and cancel or (most likely) switch the other.

To think, I almost didn't want to waste Forza on this deal (didn't think the $35 I'd get normally would be worth it). I also lost a bit on the two PS2 games despite the boost (80% of 50 cents doesn't add much!), but what the hell else was I going to do with those :lol:. All in all, it was well worth it.

well, I wish I had it that easy. THe guys working there were so annoying and the guy wouldnt stop talking about random stuff I didnt want to know.. I was there for about 45 minutes because he just kept talking and wouldnt scan anything. They tried to stack it, and hes like cool I got it to work, but when I got in the car I realized he couldnt do math and I only got the 40%. At that point I just wanted to go home and I didnt think they could change it at that point anyways... well heres the prices I got before any bonus.

Call of Duty 2 (360) - 5.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC) - 7.00
Luigi's Mansion (GC) - 5.00
Cel Damage (GC) - 1.50
Simpsons Hit and Run (PS2) - 7.00
Halo (Xbox) - 10.00
God of War (PS2) - 9.00
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (360) - 11.00
Rachet & Clank: Going Commando (PS2) - 4.00
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 (PS2) - 2.00
Medal of Honor European Assault (PS2) - 5.00
Freedom Fighters (PS2) - 3.00
Super Mario Advance (GBA) - 6.00
Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA) - 6.00
Fire Emblem (GBA) - 7.00
Legend of Zelda: Master Quest (GC) - 12.00
The Darkness (360) - 20.00

I actually only had the original rachet and clank in a going commando case and didnt mention it and he didnt notice so more power to me lol
But yea total I got to pay off my already reserved Halo 3 Limited Edition ($61)and still have $105 left

Not too bad but I wish the guy wasnt so bad at math and so annoying so that I could have gotten even more! haha

^^^ Now, it sounds like he didn't know what he was doing but I bet this is common. They offer to give you the extra 20% for preordering one of those select titles and then it doesn't actually work in the system, but either they think it did because they scanned the code or they just make up that it did. Then they end up giving you the normal trade bonus (30% + 10% for Edge) AND get a preorder out of it. I think that's pretty sneaky (of the clerk if they did it on purpose or of GS if they did this intentionally to make it confusing so people would think they get both - clerks and customers alike!). I know there's no way I'd preorder without some incentive so I'd be pretty pissed if I dropped a preorder and didn't get the extra 20%. Of course, the simple way to remdy that is to cancel it. But that is somewhat of a hassle.

Updated wiki with BrolyB593, io, pelf21, mkernan, and pinoy530's info.

Thanks to all of you, except io who's too lazy to put in his own info ;)

Here are some selected trade in prices from Gamestop. All titles are PS2 and this was done on Saturday, September 1st. First price is the regualr trade in value, the second price after the bonus.

Hot Shots Golf Fore - $5 / $7
Jak X Combat Racing - $5 / $7
007 Everything or Nothing - $4 / $5.60
Jak 3 - $5 / $7
Radiata Stories - $6 / $8.40
Resident Evil 4 - $10 / $14
Shrek Superslam - $7 / $9.80
MX vs ATV Unleashed - $7 / $9.80
Pac-Man World 3 - $7 / $9.80
Sonic Mega Collection Plus - $5 / $7
X-Men Legends 2 - $4 / $5.60
Time Splitters: Future Perfect - $4 / $5.60
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe - $6 / $8.40
Tekken 5 - $10 / $14
Taito Legends 2 - $4 / $5.60
SSX 3 - $5 / $7

I'll post more in a little while.

[quote name='blandstalker']Updated wiki with BrolyB593, io, pelf21, mkernan, and pinoy530's info.

Thanks to all of you, except io who's too lazy to put in his own info ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was going to thank you for doing all this in my absence - but forget that ;). I would have updated my prices today, I swear! I just figured 50 and 75 cents (I believe the only new things) were nothing to make an urgent update for ;).

So Halo (1) really pulls 10 bucks trade before bonuses at GS?

It seems as if one could take Halos from BB and flip them at GS. With the bonus on that if you trade in 5 games (not hard with the flipping potential on some front row games) it would be 30% bonus, and then a 20% preorder bonus. $10 turns into $15. Not a bad deal if you need a boost.

[quote name='dmorr']So Halo (1) really pulls 10 bucks trade before bonuses at GS? [/quote]

For now, while Halo Fever is high. There are multiple accounts in this thread of Halo getting $10. I'm going to trade mine in later today.

I'd expect the Halo prices to go down soon; if I had to guess, interest in Halo 1 and 2 will drop after Halo 3 is released, although it's possible that Halo 3 will continue to drive Halo 1 and 2 sales for a little while.

GS has already 'adjusted' some prices while this deal has been going on, some going up and some going down.

Updated wiki with toadylurk's info. Thanks, toadylurks!

Mario Kart Double dash is going for $20 BEFORE the bonus. I got $28 for it which is a little higher than ebay prices after all the fees.

[quote name='io']^^^ Now, it sounds like he didn't know what he was doing but I bet this is common. They offer to give you the extra 20% for preordering one of those select titles and then it doesn't actually work in the system, but either they think it did because they scanned the code or they just make up that it did. Then they end up giving you the normal trade bonus (30% + 10% for Edge) AND get a preorder out of it. I think that's pretty sneaky (of the clerk if they did it on purpose or of GS if they did this intentionally to make it confusing so people would think they get both - clerks and customers alike!). I know there's no way I'd preorder without some incentive so I'd be pretty pissed if I dropped a preorder and didn't get the extra 20%. Of course, the simple way to remdy that is to cancel it. But that is somewhat of a hassle.[/quote]

This happened to me twice over the weekend at two different stores, I followed the script,

1) hand games
2) tell sales guy I wanted to do a preorder
3) hand Edge Card (repeatedly say, so I get the extra 20% right)
4) final receipt shows the +5 promotion + edge

I went to the second store specifically to see if the first clerk had screwed me, but the outcome was the same, so I think it's the system that is making the final decision, and not the clerk.

Just got back from GameStop. Didn't get the preorder bonus, but did get the 30% + 10% Edge bonus (bonus prices in parentheses):

Mario Kart DS: $15.00 ($21.00)
Final Fantasy III: $15.00 ($21.00)
Pokemon Diamond: $18.00 ($25.20)
Sonic Adventure DX: $3.00 ($4.20)
Guitar Hero 2 Encore: Rocks the 80s: $25.00 ($35.00)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: $3.00 ($4.20)

Total Credit: $110.60

Used most of it to preorder Guitar Hero III, and used the remainder for Super Smash Bros Brawl preorder. I was pleased.:bouncy:

[quote name='stoned99']

I went to the second store specifically to see if the first clerk had screwed me, but the outcome was the same, so I think it's the system that is making the final decision, and not the clerk.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it is definitely the system. But my point is that they will tell you you can get this 20% bonus for preordering as well. Most clerks won't tell you (or simply don't know) that you can't get both promos without some serious intervention on their part (they have to do a manual override). I'm not arguing that they SHOULD do this as it says in the fine print they don't stack. However, if they are pushing the 20% bonus as something you get also (because they want a preorder) it is pretty sneaky when you don't actually get it, and yet they get their preorder. Again, I'm not sure they are even doing this intentionally - they just don't know any better most of the time.

So from what I am reading, I might be wasting my time trading in these games?

I just sold my modded XBox for 130$ and I am hoping for 100$ so I can at least save 230$ off a 360 Premium. Can anyone assist?

These prices are from the WIKI so I don't know how accurate they are. Kind of discouraging :(

From Russia With Love (Xbox) - $2.00
GTA: San Andreas (Xbox) $8
GTA3 (Xbox) $1

Doom 3 (Xbox) $2
007 Everything or Nothing (Xbox) - $1
Blitz: The League (Xbox) - $5
Castle Wolfenstein (Xbox) - $1
Doom 3 CE (Xbox) - $5
Golden Eye: Rogue Agent (Xbox) - $1
Madden 2006 (Xbox) - $2.50
Rocky Legends (Xbox) - $2.50
WWE Raw 2 (Xbox) - $5

I want to thank -everyone- for posting the recent trade in prices.

Pretty much anything being posted that goes for ~$10 or more I am 'stacking' to make my trip in the morning. I had no idea some of the older Xbox and GBA games still get a decent return. I was thinking about trading in my Bioshock but it doesn't look like I will need to. My son will having a 'Mario' Christmas without me going broke... thanks again.

[quote name='General_Klinger']So from what I am reading, I might be wasting my time trading in these games?

I just sold my modded XBox for 130$ and I am hoping for 100$ so I can at least save 230$ off a 360 Premium. Can anyone assist?

These prices are from the WIKI so I don't know how accurate they are. Kind of discouraging :(

From Russia With Love (Xbox) - $2.00
GTA3 (Xbox) $1

Doom 3 (Xbox) $2
007 Everything or Nothing (Xbox) - $1
Castle Wolfenstein (Xbox) - $1
Doom 3 CE (Xbox) - $5
Golden Eye: Rogue Agent (Xbox) - $1
Madden 2006 (Xbox) - $2.50
WWE Raw 2 (Xbox) - $5[/quote]

Take a look at the dates in the wiki. If they are between 7/7 and now, then they're pretty accurate. If they're older, the prices may have gone up or down, but you probably won't see any great jumps. If it's an older sports title, just forget about it. Your Madden 2006 is probably now a quarter.

If you trade the following:

Doom 3 CE (Xbox) - $5
WWE Raw 2 (Xbox) - $5

you'd get $25.50 + 10.45 (bonus, assuming you have an Edge) = 35.95. The rest won't add to your bottom line that much. This also assumes that those wiki prices are recent -- you'll have to check that.

You might think about Craigslist. I'm thinking about putting some games together -- the ones that are worthless at GS/EB and CAGs are not interested in -- and selling them as a bundle there.
If you make it look like a value, someone might bite.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I want to thank -everyone- for posting the recent trade in prices.[/quote]

So do I. When this deal started, I wasn't sure I could manage anything decent out of it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! Yesterday, I traded in:

GC Mario Golf $6
GC Mario Superstar Baseball $14
DS Final Fantasy III $15
PS2 DDR Extreme $12
PS2 God of War $9
XBOX Halo $10
XBOX Just Cause $7
DVD Angel Season 1 $9

With bonus (no bonus for DVD, just Edge), I got $112.10.

This put my total credit at $509, which I used to buy a PS3. :roll:

Since I had over $500 in credit, I didn't have to pay tax :D

Updated wiki with my, SporkWielder's and cchen326's info. Thanks guys!

I knew that you didn't have to pay tax on credit transactions.. At mine he charged $4 tax for paying off the halo 3 pre-order in full. Although maybe that won't be charged when you get the game.

It doesn't. Keep the tin case and the artbook - just give them the disc, basically.

[quote name='Staraang21']anyone know if Gears of War Collector's trades in for more than the regular version?[/quote]

Traded in the following today: (Before 10% bonus)

Rainbow Six Vegas (X360): $25.00
Trauma Center (NDS): $9.00
Tekken 5 (PS2): $10.00

Used the credit to pay for more than half the cost of Stranglehold (X360). I was surprised Tekken 5 trades in for as much as it does.

[quote name='NC-17']It doesn't. Keep the tin case and the artbook - just give them the disc, basically.[/QUOTE]

thanks, that's pretty much what i was considering doing if there was no difference.

I just got done trading in some games and here are the values for the Wiki:

Date Traded: 09.06.07

Gamecube

Lego Star Wars - 5.00
Soul Calibur 2 - 2.50
F-Zero GX - 2.50
WarioWare, Inc. - 6.00
Animal Crossing - 7.00
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - 10.00
Geist - 1.50
Resident Evil 4 - 6.00

Xbox 360

The Darkness - 20.00

Nintendo Wii

Elebits - 9.00

Gameboy SP System - 20.00

[quote name='asianxcore']
Tekken 5 (PS2): $10.00

Used the credit to pay for more than half the cost of Stranglehold (X360). I was surprised Tekken 5 trades in for as much as it does.[/quote]

It went up last week, I believe.

Updated wiki. Thanks asianxcore and tsth!

Traded in the following today (9/6/07)

FFXII 12.00 (16.80)
Halo 10.00 (14.00)
Gears of War 25.00 (35.00)
RE4 PS2 10.00 (14.00)
C&C 3 Xbox 360 17.00 (23.80)
GRAW2 Xbox 360 17.00 (23.80)

I didn't trade it in but I found out Disgaea's value is now 15.00 before promo.

Well, I made a second trip to Gamestop today with a friend after telling him about my GS experience. He went in to get Bioshock and preorder Halo 3. He WAS able to get the employees to give him the 30% + 10% Edge + 20% Halo 3 preorder, so he was quite happy. It took them awhile to figure out the semantics since the system wouldn't take it, but they were more than happy to help him. Here's his haul:

God of War II: $15.00
Pokemon Pearl: $18.00
Def Jam Icon: $9.00 (Big drop from the wiki, but that's to be expected)
Forza Motor Sport: $20.00
Kingdom Hearts 2: $10.00

After all bonuses, he got $108.96 in credit. $59.99 went to Bioshock, and the remaining $48.97 went toward Halo 3. He finished paying for Halo 3, and is now a happy camper. Hope those values help!

Traded 9-6-07

Resistance-18 -> 25.20
Motorstorm-12 ->16.80
Eragon- 4 ->5.60
Madden 08 (360)-30 ->42.00
Fable-3 ->4.20

Total-93.80

Preordered and paid for PGR4 only got 40%, tried to get the extra 10%, but the computer wouldn't let it.

Call anybody do me a favor and check on these games for me, I called 4 stores around me and they all said that they can no longer give trade-in values over the phone.

All for the 360:
All Pro Football 2k8
NCAA 08
NHL 07
NHL 2K7

bread's done
Back