[DEAD] GS/EB trade 3 games bonus 10%, 4-20%, 5-30% (w/ edgecard ~ 40%)

trade 3 games: bonus 10%
trade 4 games: bonus 20%
trade 5 games: bonus 30%

its on the 'trade in values' webpage of eb/gs. doesnt have an expiration date yet so this might be a mistake.

anyone confirm this in store?

A bit late but these prices are from Saturday 9/8/07
DS - Luminous Arc: $14.00
GBA - Mario Kart Super Circuit: $7
GBA - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga $5
GC - Resident Evil 2: $16
Xbx - Silent Hill 2: $2.50

After bonuses I got $62.30

[quote name='twen']You got ripped off on Silent Hill 2.[/quote] to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.

[quote name='gamestop dave']to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.[/quote]Wow, that's subtle.

[quote name='gamestop dave']to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='eLiNeS']This promotion ended yesterday didn't it? 9/9/07[/quote]According to an in-store flyer, it is extended till 9/30, but no one has confirmed it yet. GameStop Dave should be able to, though.

[quote name='botticus']According to an in-store flyer, it is extended till 9/30, but no one has confirmed it yet. GameStop Dave should be able to, though.[/quote]

I can confirm it now. I called gamestop before posting and they said the promotion ended yesterday but I just called a EBGames and they said until the 30th. Thanks

most stores are extending it. ask the manager. also i would recomend preorder halo 3. we mightr end the ability to preorder that game and youll be stuck while all your friends are enjoying it.!

[quote name='eLiNeS']I can confirm it now. I called gamestop before posting and they said the promotion ended yesterday but I just called a EBGames and they said until the 30th. Thanks[/quote]Excellent, thanks for verifying that.

[quote name='souNReAL']$2 for Jade Empire LE?? ouch. i woulda gave you at least 5 upfront. and i already own the game, AND I DONT EVEN LIKE IT THAT MUCH. eh.

Good job the Halo and Simpsons prices. deal evened itself out.[/quote]

JE was my brother's game. He bought it for, I think, less than $10 used seven or eight months ago because he enjoyed KoTOR 1 & 2 so much, but then he realized JE was nothing like the KoTOR series. So, I don't care. It wasn't my loss.

[quote name='gamestop dave']most stores are extending it. ask the manager. also i would recomend preorder halo 3. we mightr end the ability to preorder that game and youll be stuck while all your friends are enjoying it.![/quote]
I bet we'll be able to buy it from somewhere other than GameStop without trouble.

[quote name='gamestop dave']most stores are extending it. ask the manager. also i would recomend preorder halo 3. we mightr end the ability to preorder that game and youll be stuck while all your friends are enjoying it.![/quote]

Or you could go to another store where they get more games than the pre-orders and not have to deal with the bullshit reserving at your shitty store.

[quote name='gamestop dave']to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Wow, in my 3 years of reading this site, I've never considered putting a quote in my sig before, but I may just have to deem this sig-worthy...

[quote name='io']Wow, in my 3 years of reading this site, I've never considered putting a quote in my sig before, but I may just have to deem this sig-worthy...[/quote]

:rofl:

I only cmae to this thread because GSD posted in it, and now I have a quote from him in my sig :razz: Too bad I have to get rid of my Speedy support for now, but it shall be back. Cannot wait to see more of GSD's posts.

[quote name='gamestop dave']most stores are extending it. ask the manager. also i would recomend preorder halo 3. we mightr end the ability to preorder that game and youll be stuck while all your friends are enjoying it.![/QUOTE]

Dang, I better pre-order it then, even though I dont want to play it. I dont want to be lonely :(

[quote name='mrcheapo11']:rofl:

I only cmae to this thread because GSD posted in it, and now I have a quote from him in my sig :razz: Too bad I have to get rid of my Speedy support for now, but it shall be back. Cannot wait to see more of GSD's posts.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. I did the opposite. I saw this one first and then had to see what other gems GSD was posting. Then I found the other (now closed) Halo 3 $35 trade-in "deal" thread. Good stuff...

No offense Gamestop Dave but I get better trade in prices at Game Rush, about 30% better in most cases.

Heck even with the extra 40% you could get with this deal and an Edge card I still got better prices at GameRush with no deals whatsoever.

Surprised no one has traded one in yet but:
Brain Age 2: $10

I used the Circuit City $14.99 deal on top of the Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal when it came out, and I was going to sell the other 2 to my 2 friends for $10, and one of them backed out. At least I got the same amount (more with Edge) I was going to get anyways. (I wanted the sealed Gamecube BBA that was hanging on the shelf still with a price tag of August 2006) (I had nothing else to trade in so I didn't get any additional %)

[quote name='gamestop dave']to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.[/quote]

Get fucked plant.

[quote name='io'] I may just have to deem this sig-worthy...[/quote]

Same here, this has to be the greatest post I've ever read concerning employee plants...priceless.

I was a ASM at a Gamestop, left to teach, and it was a mixed experience. On one had my manager was really good about the customer service (why I shopped there/worked there) and for his team. On the other hand, the whole "get reservations/subs" really stole the fun from the job. Espically because we were in a shitty area. I never knew this, me being a "in and out shopper," but it was craptastic in all sense of the word.

I bounced around from store to store (I don't care what it is, games to ice cream, give me bad customer service and I will leave. NO company gets money if they don't respect me and there are GS stores that have workers who think the customers are sheep and I don't believe in that. And I was really liked at the store because I treated everyone (from hardcore JRPG nut to the people who only bought used games) with respest), and even though I left, I will still support this Gamestop. If it becomes to crap, I have a Best Buy really close to me and I don't mind getting games a day later or whatnot.

Sorry for the long post, but the idea that ALL Gamestops and employees are out to get you I find offensive. Because I know I worked with people who worked hard to bust the stereotype that GS are gamers or don't respect the customers. I won't lie, many suck. I personally don't shop at some, and that's even when I was a ASM. I still wouldn't go to these stores as long as XYZ employees where there.

[quote name='gamestop dave']most stores are extending it. ask the manager. also i would recomend preorder halo 3. we mightr end the ability to preorder that game and youll be stuck while all your friends are enjoying it.![/QUOTE]

I'd like to tell you to fuck off. I really would. But you have filled my day with joy and laughter, and I can't bring myself to do it. Please keep posting and whoring out your store. I enjoy reading your posts.

And I'm joining all the cool cats who are quoting you in their sigs. :D

4 REALZ Y0! POWER TO TEH PLAYERZ!

oh mah god. Joke account total. Really funny though. A for effort. There are probably other REAL gamestop plants with normal looking names on these forums though. It's easy to pick them out because nobody would actually defend that herpes sore of retail.

Originally Posted by gamestop dave
to some game nerd maybe. i feel he got a great deal. only gs offers deals that enrich the shoppers experience and offer 30% off. if you want $0 on trade ins and to pay $30 more for each new game instead of killer used prices go to wal mart or best buy. stay out of our store. were mostly gamers here so we know what we want. and thats gamestop.

LOL. I'll go to Game Crazy, or any other used game store that won't offer me $4 credit and turn around and sell the game for $19.99 used.

Went with a gamestop dave quote, but not the "classic" GD quote.

To drag this thread back OT, I have 5 360 games but I'm not sure whether to jump on this deal or wait for another "trade 3 for an extra $10". One of them's an 06 sports game so I'll probably pull the trigger on this deal.

I did the deal, got my extra 10% on top, my buddy had to put it in manually. I like my Gamestop because the manager knows my name and shakes my hand everytime I come in. The day he leaves is the day I stop shopping there.

Okay for the trade, value after 40%

Bioshock $42
Scarface(wii) $22.50
Phantom Brave $7
Rygar $2
Chibi Robo $6

so $79.50 total, I think I am okay with that. Especially since I didn't actually pay anything for Bioshock or Scarface as I used some of the earlier gamecrazy deals to get retarded amounts of credit for little money.

[quote name='kofijamal']
I didn't notice this until now, just looking closely at the reciept, but I gave them a memory card that the Animal Crossing game came with. It should have been a dollar or so. But I was given the value of the GAME Animal Crossing! I'll see them next week, I'll let them know what happen so they don't think something fishy went down. I was the ASM there for a few months before going into teaching, I don't want anyone getting into trouble.

I hope this helps. This place has been great for me, anything to help![/quote]

See, if that were me, I'd be like BONUS FOR ME, fuck Gamestop, even though I really wouldn't want anyone losing their job over such a mistake.

Then again, I was given the trade value for uhhhhh the second Simpsons driving game on Xbox when they scanned the UPC for the first one. It was much more. I didn't say one word.

Oh no doubt that WAS a bonus for me. It's not like I'm giving any money back or returning my lovely red and black DSL!

I haven't been up there yet, so I hope no one got into serious trouble. Truth be told, they don't have a stable store. Not my fault I moved on to something better.

Little late to the game, but trade in values for the Wiki:

Sunday 9/9

All values pre-bonus:

Xbox 360

Spider-Man 3 - $9

Nintendo DS

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - $11
Clubhouse Games - $9
Elite Beat Agents - $7
Puzzle Quest - $9

Wii

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $25
Metroid Prime 3 - $25 (not counting the $10 coupon offer)
Resident Evil 4 - $18
Spider-Man 3 - $10

Got an awesome trade-in deal on some old GBA games.

Advace Wars 2 - $5.60
Pokemon Leaf Green - $14
Scooby doo Double - $8.40
Yoshi's Island - $5.60
Final Fantasy Tactics - $8.40

Total Trade-in Value - $42
Great deal considering I got most of these for $3.33 from GC during a Classic Plastic sale.

[quote name='Daring']Got an awesome trade-in deal on some old GBA games.

Advace Wars 2 - $5.60
Pokemon Leaf Green - $14
Scooby doo Double - $8.40
Yoshi's Island - $5.60
Final Fantasy Tactics - $8.40

Total Trade-in Value - $42
Great deal considering I got most of these for $3.33 from GC during a Classic Plastic sale.[/QUOTE]

Dang I'm sure FFT, Yoshi's Island, and Advance Wars 2 are all worth more than those prices. And GBA games weren't supposed to be in the classic plastic bin lol

[quote name='SuperFox']Little late to the game, but trade in values for the Wiki:
Metroid Prime 3 - $25 (not counting the $10 coupon offer)
[/QUOTE]
Just FYI, I was shot down on getting the $10 coupon + 40% trade in bonus on Sunday. So you'll likely only get $35 or 37.50 max for Metroid 3 at GameStop.

[quote name='freshzen']Just FYI, I was shot down on getting the $10 coupon + 40% trade in bonus on Sunday. So you'll likely only get $35 or 37.50 max for Metroid 3 at GameStop.[/quote]

Agreed - I was only given the 10% on the base of $25, to get a total credit of $37.50. But I feel it was worth the $15 to have played Metroid Prime 3, so I am OK with it.

[quote name='freshzen']Dang I'm sure FFT, Yoshi's Island, and Advance Wars 2 are all worth more than those prices. And GBA games weren't supposed to be in the classic plastic bin lol[/quote]

I know, I was able to convice the dumb GC Cleark that GBA games should be part of the "Classic Plastic" b/c it was indeed a Last Gen Hardware.

Updated wiki with Daring, SuperFox, Tebunker, twen, and Tom Ato's info. Thanks everyone!

Please list values before the 40% extra. It makes it a lot easier and faster.

Here's my totals with before bonus first, then after the 40% bonus.

The Bigs (360) $18.00/$25.20
NHL 2k7 (360) $7.00/$9.80
Crackdown (360) $10.00/$14.00
Dead Rising (360) $12.00/$16.80
Overlord (360) $20.00/$28.00
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) $12.00/$16.80
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol (PS2) $5.00/$7.00
Wild Arms: Alter Code F (PS2) $5.00/$7.00
Call of Duty 3 (PS3) $9.00/$12.60
Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3) $25.00/$35.00

Total was $172.20.

I picked up Blue Dragon, and am also getting Eternal Sonata and either NHL 08 or NHL 2k8.

Went in last night, apparently the deal got extended. Heres a couple updated trade-in values, before bonus:
Hitman (360): 11
Bullet Witch: 7
360 system w/wireless controller: 150
360 hard drive: 15

Not a bad deal at all :) Here's what I got (prices in parentheses after bonus and Edge card):

:ps2: 50 Cent Bulletproof: $2.50 ($3.50)
:ps2: Fight Night Round 2: $4.00 ($5.60)
:ps2: Fight Night Round 3: $8.00 ($11.20)
:ps2: Tony Hawk's American Wasteland: $5.00 ($7.00)
:ps2: God of War: $8.00 ($11.20)

Some more for the wiki:
Beach Spikers GC - 1.5
Mario Party 5 - 15
Mario Party 4 - 14
Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters (GC) - 5
Simpsons Hit and Run GC - 8
Metroid Prime 2 - 8
Super Smash Bros - 15
Midway Arcade Tresures Vol 1 GC - 2
Tales of Symmphonia GC - 6
Super Mario Advance 4 - 12
Mario Kart Advanced - 7
Final Fantesy 1 & 2 Dawn of souls - 7
Sigma Star Saga - 1

[quote name='worshipsf']
:ps2: Fight Night Round 3: $8.00 ($11.20)
[/quote]

Bah...only got $6 for it when I traded mine in. I should have waited :bomb:

[quote name='kcwyant']Went in last night, apparently the deal got extended. Heres a couple updated trade-in values, before bonus:
360 hard drive: 15[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is just sad. Remind me never to trade in my hard drive.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Bah...only got $6 for it when I traded mine in. I should have waited :bomb:[/quote]

There's no way to know, though. Lots of titles have bounced by $1 or $2, both up and down. It might have evened out with something else you had.

Updated wiki with orangecrush, worshipsf, kcwyant, and n00bie's info. Thanks everyone!

More Trade-in values no extras:

360 Eragon - $4
360 Tiger 07 - $5
360 Obilivion - $10
360 Dead or Alive 4 - $10
GC Mario Party 6- $18
Xbox KOTR - $2.50
Xbox Ghost Recon 2 - $1.50

I was able to stack 'em and get Halo3. I got $20 left over, Hevenly Sword...maybe?

I took advantage of the deal again today, here are my base values:

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3: $25 (I did this one seprately with bonus $10 w/ coupon found in-store, stacks w/ Edge for $37.50 total)

Resident Evil 4: $18
Zelda - TP: $25

Gamecube:
TMNT: $8
Crazy Taxi: $3
One Piece Grand Adventure: $6
Mario Kart DD: $20 (geez, they're selling it for $40 used now, what a rip)

GBA:
Capcom Classics Mini Mix: $2

Redeemed some of my credit and used the 10% coupon to get a used Planet Puzzle League and Jam Sessions, which is surprisingly fun.

I ended making $219.75. What a haul! :lol:

GBA
Final Fantasy I & II - $7
Pokemon FireRed - $10
Pokemon LeafGreen - $10
Pokemon Emerald - $15

Controllers/Cables
PS2 Memory Card 8MB - $6
2x PS2 Dualshock Contoller - 2 x $6
Gamecube to GBA Cable - $0.50
PS2 Guitar Hero Controller - $12

XBOX
Halo 2 - $15

PS2
Dot.Hack G.U. 1 - $10
Guitar Hero - $15

XBOX 360
Phantasy Star Universe - $8
Rainbow 6 Vegas - $25
Viva Pinata - $7
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - $11

edit...changed pokemon prices to before the 40% haha...

bread's done
Back