*DEAD* Guardians of Middle Earth PS3 - $7.77 at Amazon

Pretty good deal just for the season pass

Edit: Does anyone know if I could use the code for the game even though I have "bought" the game using ps+?

This is a pretty good game that is, unfortunately, plagued by some serious online issues: long matchmaking queues, unbalanced teams, frequent disconnects, severe latency, DLC corruption, etc.

Consider checking out what players are saying on the GoME forums before buying this.

I got the game for free on PS+, but for $7.77 to get to "own" it plus the season pass...I bit. Price matched it for store pick-up to Best Buy.

[quote name='shivan128']Is there any offline version or purely MOBA?[/QUOTE]

You can play this game with bots...not sure about same system multiplayer.

Yes, but the season pass is the DLC. The retail copies come with the main game and season pass voucher. Not sure if it's one code that gives both, or two codes. I should get mine on Sunday.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes, but the season pass is the DLC. The retail copies come with the main game and season pass voucher. Not sure if it's one code that gives both, or two codes. I should get mine on Sunday.[/QUOTE]ok thanks. I'll price match at best buy.

I would assume that the season pass is a code and the game is on a disc. The season pass is just the typical reward to buy new / disincentive to buy used. Why are people thinking there are 2 codes?

[quote name='apterous']I would assume that the season pass is a code and the game is on a disc. The season pass is just the typical reward to buy new / disincentive to buy used. Why are people thinking there are 2 codes?[/QUOTE]

There is no disc...and you are thinking about an online pass, not the same thing as a season pass.

I play a ton of this game. This is a good deal. The season pass alone is $15. I've been hoping it would be half off sometime and here it is. As for the game - yes you can play skirmishes against the CPU but I guarantee you will outgrow that fast and WANT to play against other people. There is still sometimes some lag/disconnect issues but it is way better than when the game came out and there are always people playing. Sometimes you get some CPU guys in a match (always 5 vs 5) but I think it is generally fun and at most I have to wait a couple minutes for a match - usually less. Doesn't hurt that I'm a big LOTR fan so if you have that going this is a no brainer.

Even the month it was free on PS+ I had a really hard time finding a full match and I disliked the metagaming aspect of it. It's mostly on par with the free games of this genre and I guess it's okay if you want a simple dota-like game and don't have a 'okay' pc.

For fans of the game it's a pretty good deal for the dlc characters.

I am probably missing it, but do we know for sure it comes with the Season Pass. I see in the description this:

"Included in the Season Pass are 8 new playable Guardians including heroes from the Tolkien universe such as Bilbo and Bert the Troll and 6 additional Guardians as they are released!"

However, depending on how one reads that, it could just be discussing what the season pass for the game includes. It does not outright state that the season pass is included in this. I know it likely will and I am probably being nitpicky, but I was wondering if it clearly stated it anywhere else?

[quote name='Yanksfan']I am probably missing it, but do we know for sure it comes with the Season Pass. I see in the description this:

"Included in the Season Pass are 8 new playable Guardians including heroes from the Tolkien universe such as Bilbo and Bert the Troll and 6 additional Guardians as they are released!"

However, depending on how one reads that, it could just be discussing what the season pass for the game includes. It does not outright state that the season pass is included in this. I know it likely will and I am probably being nitpicky, but I was wondering if it clearly stated it anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

If we base it solely on math, on PSN the base game is $15 and the Season Pass is $15. This game MSRP is $30. It would make no sense to sell just the base game at retail for twice the price. At $30 it is the exact price of the game+pass.

[quote name='Pudding']This is a pretty good game that is, unfortunately, plagued by some serious online issues: long matchmaking queues, unbalanced teams, frequent disconnects, severe latency, DLC corruption, etc.

Consider checking out what players are saying on the GoME forums before buying this.[/QUOTE]

^This x10. Game is a hot technical mess right now still bogged down with some major launch old issues that haven't been fixed. Hell... because of the corrupt DLC bug a large chunk of the player base can't even play it. I would be in the same boat if I didn't unplug my ethernet cord before start up. Proceed with extreme caution.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If we base it solely on math, on PSN the base game is $15 and the Season Pass is $15. This game MSRP is $30. It would make no sense to sell just the base game at retail for twice the price. At $30 it is the exact price of the game+pass.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that makes sense. Did not notice the previous price.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']^This x10. Game is a hot technical mess right now still bogged down with some major launch old issues that haven't been fixed. Hell... because of the corrupt DLC bug a large chunk of the player base can't even play it. I would be in the same boat if I didn't unplug my ethernet cord before start up. Proceed with extreme caution.[/QUOTE]

So you need to start this title offline the first time you play it, to not corrupt the dlc?

[quote name='BackInBlack']So you need to start this title offline the first time you play it, to not corrupt the dlc?[/QUOTE]

Every time you play online w/ DLC you're gambling with the odds that one of the three profile saves the game generates won't be corrupted so sadly that won't fly. You will have to get yourself up to date by downloading the latest patch and compatibility pack in order to play with DLC characters anyway.

Once you catch the bug your most reliable option is to start the game offline up to the point of selecting a storage device then sign in to avoid the cockblocking corrupted save check altogether. Another more time consuming workaround is to manually delete all DLC/Season Pass and/or packs then start removing/deleting saves until you manage to find a clean one to use. Oh, and then redownload your DLC again. Well... that's assuming all three aren't corrupted to begin with and even then you're simply biding time until that one or the new saves become affected as well.

The DLC Corruption bug is only one of many major issues affecting an otherwise solid game.

bread's done
Back