DEAD: Guild Wars Special Edition @ Gamestop.com: $30

JGouldie

CAGiversary!
*EDIT 1/21: deal is no longer available.

For those of you (like me) wanting to try it out, but not willing to spend too much, Guild Wars SE had a price drop from $69.99 to $29.99.

Use code SAVER for free shipping.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646403

Seen elsewhere for $35 and up.

Guild Wars (not Special Edition) is $40 at Gamestop and $35 at Amazon, and doesn't have the extras (art book, map, bonus CD, unlockable in-game upgrades).

Special Edition is a watered-down Collector's Edition, and was originally available only in Europe. There's probably nothing that would prevent you from playing the game normally, though.

The artbook is only half the size of the one found in Collector's Edition, and it's only soft-cover, but when Collector's Edition goes for $300 on ebay, it's a fair compromise.

Edit: The Collector's Edition of Nightfall is available for $30 at Gamestop/EB with the weekly ad.

Bah, I don't know if I want to get this.I have the goty edition and both of the other games. I barely play this game anymore too. Does, this come w/anything else other than a smaller art book?

Are you kidding? The collector's editiion goes for that much? I have it and would sell it in a heartbeat for that price.[quote name='whitereflection']Special Edition is a watered-down Collector's Edition, and was originally available only in Europe. There's probably nothing that would prevent you from playing the game normally, though.

The artbook is only half the size of the one found in Collector's Edition, and it's only soft-cover, but when Collector's Edition goes for $300 on ebay, it's a fair compromise.

Edit: The Collector's Edition of Nightfall is available for $30 at Gamestop/EB with the weekly ad.[/quote]

[quote name='Psykodelik']Bah, I don't know if I want to get this.I have the goty edition and both of the other games. I barely play this game anymore too. Does, this come w/anything else other than a smaller art book?[/QUOTE]

You get everything listed here: http://guildwars.com/support/gamecontents/contents-europe.php

To my understanding, that's everything in the Collector's Edition minus the hardcover artbook and headset.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Are you kidding? The collector's editiion goes for that much? I have it and would sell it in a heartbeat for that price.[/QUOTE]

That's for a new, sealed one. For an opened one, it goes for $80-150.

[quote name='whitereflection']Collector's Edition goes for $300 on ebay[/quote]

I pre-ordered that. And got the beta. But the full version never shipped. And my card was never charged.

I let it go because I thought the beta was kinda week, but damn. I missed out on the resell, haha.

[quote name='panzerjedi']Is this pricematchable?[/QUOTE]
Should be since it isn't used and doesn't have any restrictions (aside from having the coupon itself). Any typical place that does pricematches should take it.

I bought this waaaay back when. In my opinion, there's nothing really all that special in it. If you already have the GOTY edition, there's not much that's worth plunking down the cash for in this. The skill unlocks aren't a big deal because you get those by simply playing anyway.

Soundtrack is nice though.

bread's done
Back