[Dead] Halo 2 Limited Edition $38.38

ryan838

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
shop.mtv.com has a deal where if you spend $50 or more they will take off $8.29. Plus there is a coupon code SUMMER that takes off an extra 10%. Shipping is free and there isn't tax for most states. I have used this site to buy a couple older cds for pretty cheap so if you don't want Halo 2 you might be able to find some good deals on dvds or cds.

I think this has been posted once or twice before, but thanks for the heads-up... great deal if someone uses it right.

Am I missing something? When I go to check out they are trying to charge me 3.98, is there some trick to getting free shipping?

EDIT: ah, it appears free shipping doesn't cover electronics. The OP might want to state this. If you pre-order Halo 2 from them YOU WON"T GET FREE SHIPPING.

I got free shipping when I pre-orded only it iddn't show up until I looked at the reciept. Though they charged me tax so it evened out in the end.

"I think this has been posted once or twice before, but thanks for the heads-up... great deal if someone uses it right."

The 10% part has been posted before but they just started the $8.29 off thing.

"Am I missing something? When I go to check out they are trying to charge me 3.98, is there some trick to getting free shipping? "

You should get free shipping since games are non-electronics. The electronics are cell phones, mp3 players, game systems.

"I got free shipping when I pre-orded only it iddn't show up until I looked at the reciept. Though they charged me tax so it evened out in the end. "

They do charge sales tax for California, Massachusetts and New York and states where they have a physical presence. I live in Washington state and I did not have to pay tax.

[quote name='ryan838']"I think this has been posted once or twice before, but thanks for the heads-up... great deal if someone uses it right."

The 10% part has been posted before but they just started the $8.29 off thing.

"Am I missing something? When I go to check out they are trying to charge me 3.98, is there some trick to getting free shipping? "

You should get free shipping since games are non-electronics. The electronics are cell phones, mp3 players, game systems.

"I got free shipping when I pre-orded only it iddn't show up until I looked at the reciept. Though they charged me tax so it evened out in the end. "

They do charge sales tax for California, Massachusetts and New York and states where they have a physical presence. I live in Washington state and I did not have to pay tax.[/quote]

I live in MA and they didn't charge me tax :?

Yeah you guys are right, after I order shipping shows up as free. Damn that CA sales tax though. Still 41$ is probably the cheapest I'm going to find the collector's edition for quite some time methinks.

Wonder why is the total in the e-mail confirmation still $51.86 while the viewing my account all the discounts are applied.

"Wonder why is the total in the e-mail confirmation still $51.86 while the viewing my account all the discounts are applied. "

When I bought from them before the email didnt have the discounts but I checked my bank statements and they charged me the discounted price.

Whoooooo

Crisis Zone with gun preorder 41

:D Made me drool when I saw that

Thanks for reposting this or else I wouldnt of seen it :shock:

Just ordered. Thanks to the OP! Halo 2 for Total: $38.38, what a steal! I also got an e-mail with the $51.XX dollar price but I go to my online account and it shows $38.38 so I saved the online info on a .txt file just to be sure. Also I'm looking at using this for other games, although it seems that you have to add a filler cheap item to get the total to $50.00 anyone found the cheapest thing on the site? We could pre-order almost all the hoilday titiles for around $38.XX or so dollars.

im probably going to take advantage of this deal, but before i do, could someone tell me what kind of shipping they offer? how many days is it scheduled to take for arrival?

Well just go thru accessories

Cheapest thing ive seen is 3 bucks which should be cheapest thing

Good deal

Well I'm going through my Christmas list and someone stop me before I order everything! So far I've ordered the following:

Paper Mario 2 1 $48.36 50014355
GameCube Game Cases 1 $1.68 Processing

Discount Shipping Value Value
$8.29 Off $50 Purchase $0.00 $8.29
10% Discount $0.00 $5.00
Free Budget Shipping on non-Electronic items $7.96 $0.00

Subtotal $36.75
Shipping & Handling
(Standard Shipping) $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $36.75

Pikmin 2 1 $48.36
GameCube Game Cases 1 $1.68

10% Discount $0.00 $5.00
Free Budget Shipping on non-Electronic items $7.96 $0.00

Subtotal $36.75
Shipping & Handling
(Standard Shipping) $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $36.75

Fable 1 $47.15
Jerry Seinfeld: I'm Telling You For The Last Time 1 $4.82

10% Discount $0.00 $5.20
Free Budget Shipping on non-Electronic items $5.96 $0.00

Subtotal $38.48
Shipping & Handling
(Budget) $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $38.48

Add that to the Halo 2 I ordered and if I would have purchased at the stores, with the prices being the normal $49.96 each plus the 5% sales tax I would have spent $209.84. So far I've spent $150.36, total savings $59.48!

Super deal!

I had it pre-ordered at Overstock for $42...I'm canceling and taking this deal. $4 is $4.

No tax, no shipping for me!

Buy the way...the reciept looks like it's from buy.com (at least the format looks like that)...

damn, knew there would be a deal for this especially since I already have a pre-order @ EB combined with trade-ins....meh....maybe I'll do this for Fable though....But does it include the Bonus DVD that EB or Gamestop are offering (*crosses fingers*).....

EDIT: Of course no bonus dvd for Fable. Question is does anybody know what's on it that I'm missing?

the fable bonus dvd has "making of" documentory (probably about 40min or so in length)...plus a bunch of demo games and trailers.

I initially pre-ordered Fable at GameStop and got the DVD imediatly, but ended up getting it at EB with their trade-in deal. But I kept the DVD from gamestop. I'll also get the DVD from eb when the game hits.

How long will shopping take? The budget shipping doesn't ship games. So will it take 3-10 days or 1-3 weeks? By that time, you could probably have the found the game for that much nearby at B&M. However, if it is 3-10 day shipping, I'll definitely be doing some serious shopping.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']How long will shopping take? The budget shipping doesn't ship games. So will it take 3-10 days or 1-3 weeks? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!! thanks![/quote]

I'm curious too, I'm in no real hurry, but damn 3 weeks would be unacceptable, I don't care what price it is.

So I'm assuming they (MTV) charges you upfront?

I'm right now trying to cancel my OverStock.com pre-order and they're tellimg me they can't cancel it since "it's been sent to the warehouse"...

What a load of crap.

If anyone cares about Growlanser: Generations Deluxe Pack, you could aquire it for about $60 with this combo of deals. It pre-sells at EB for $90.

MjC

I looked through MTVs policy; they only chargeyou when the order ships.(Which is a good thing; otherwise, it could be a very expensive month for some people.)
When will my credit card be charged?
Since we don't think you should pay for your order until it is actually on its way, we will not bill you until your products, including backordered or preordered items, are actually shipped.

Yup... I never pre-ordered halo 2 form overstock because they refuse to cancel it.

A few people already tried ;/

Thanks for the post regisphilbi0...that clears up the "when I'll get charged" thing. :)

I just got done with OverStock and they had to get a supervisor involved in order to kill the order. They were good about it. It's just he initial person couldn't kill it for me.

Now I have a dilemma. Pick up Halo 2 the day it comes out.. or save 18 bucks and get it a week or so later...argghhhhhhhhhh... What are other people doing? This is a very hard choice...

Also, does anyone know when the two deals end? The SUMMER Coupon and the $8.29 off...

regisphilbi0 if anything you can buy the game instores on release day, save your receipt and when your order comes in, return that un-opened game to the store of purchase for full credit.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']How long will shopping take? The budget shipping doesn't ship games. So will it take 3-10 days or 1-3 weeks? By that time, you could probably have the found the game for that much nearby at B&M. However, if it is 3-10 day shipping, I'll definitely be doing some serious shopping.[/quote]

I'm not sure about shipping time, but I doubt there will be very many sales on this game for $38 or less within 3 weeks of it's release. Look at Halo 1, it's still $29.99 3 years after release.

Anyway, thanks for the post, I had it preordered at EB for $54.99. Yikes.

nice deal however, 3 weeks I rather get it the first day it comes out I am still trying to decide weather or not ot preorder. this is a good deal is the wait worth 20 bucks. (i know the answer but i need it now)

I bought some cds from them last week and it took a little under a week for me to get them. I live in washington state and they shipped from california. The free shipping is media mail so that is why it could possibly take up to 3 weeks I guess.

I think it's worth the wait. The odds of it taking 3 weeks are pretty low. I'd say it will take about a week, and with that $20 I save, I can go buy another game to play while I wait for it.

Wow you live in Washington and it took them almost a week. I am live in Va and they are from Cali I am wondering how long will my time crisis 3 will come. By the way it is only 40 dollars for time crisis 3 can't beat that. Used one from EB game is almost 38 or 39 dollars shpped+ tax. This is the most expensive game I recently bought. I hope it will come in 1 week instead of 3 weeks. It took two weeks to receive my shoes from Skecher(Cali) so 1 week might be unlikely.

How long does it take for the comfirmation e-mail to come? I ordered mine 20 mins ago and no e-mail whatsoever except for the welcome e-mail for registration.

No way.

It has to be GH.

Look at the boxart for FFVII its not even the real cover.

I don't even think the mtv store was around when xenogears first came out.

bread's done
Back