(Dead in-store) NCAA Football 07 (360) = $33.35 credit at FYE; $23 on wherehouse.com

garfep

CAGiversary!
Feedback
169 (100%)
I might catch some crap for posting this in Deals I suppose, but this is a fantastic way for some people to get a great deal on NCAA Football '08, so I figured I'd post it here anyway.

For whatever reason, FYE still hasn't dropped the trade-in value of NCAA Football '07 for the 360. It's still worth $23 in cash as listed on wherehouse.com. Stores give an extra 25% if you take store credit, bringing the price up to $28.75, but given the current 20% bonus offer that ends on the 18th, you can get an extra 20%, bringing the total to $33.35 in store credit.

This will likely drop way, way down by the time NCAA Football '08 comes out on Tuesday, but it's a fantastic way to get a good deal while it lasts. '08 will be $59.99 at FYE on release day, so if you trade in '07 towards it, '08 would only be $26.64 before tax.

It's also worth noting that NCAA Football '07 is now only $14.99 used at Gamestop ($13.49 after edge), so it also might be worth picking it up there to grab a quick extra $20 off of '08 by trading it in at FYE.

EDIT - looks like this is dead in-store; still shows up as $23 credit on wherehouse.com if you want to get your orders in. It'll probably be dead altogether by the morning, or at least by Tuesday when '08 is out.

My FYE no longer sells games, but that didn't stop me from trading into wherehouse.com. A quick $70 never hurts for the quick inconvience of buying/shipping 8 copies of NCAA Football 07. :)

[quote name='bassec']My FYE no longer sells games, but that didn't stop me from trading into wherehouse.com. A quick $70 never hurts for the quick inconvience of buying/shipping 8 copies of NCAA Football 07. :)[/QUOTE]

I ran into one today that was the same way, had to hold off until I came home to sell my haul today... wish I had known about this today, could have used the extra game or 2 to trade... if it is still good before this promo ends Ill have to take advantage

[quote name='bassec']My FYE no longer sells games, but that didn't stop me from trading into wherehouse.com. A quick $70 never hurts for the quick inconvience of buying/shipping 8 copies of NCAA Football 07. :)[/QUOTE]

They might not accept them even if the cart allowed it. They only accept 1 copy of a game per person and have banned people who they caught sending them multiples (not sure if it matters if it's on the same order or not)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They might not accept them even if the cart allowed it. They only accept 1 copy of a game per person and have banned people who they caught sending them multiples (not sure if it matters if it's on the same order or not)[/QUOTE]

I sent in multiple years ago on a preorder of Halo 2 and nothing happemed to me because of it, but thay might have tightened restrictions since... and I only traded 2 or a couple games (these were leftovers from my splurge during the infamous $2 overstock sale a few years back...)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They might not accept them even if the cart allowed it. They only accept 1 copy of a game per person and have banned people who they caught sending them multiples (not sure if it matters if it's on the same order or not)[/quote]

I checked out with 8 copies total in one order. Dunno.

sucks we dont have FYE in Canada. I got NCAA '07 used at Rogers video for 9.99CAD, anyone want to trade me something for it so you can trade it in? I dont want much for it? Just a cheap 360 game Im interested in.

[quote name='Tywon']My FYE doesn't sell games anymore either, but do you think they'll still accept a game trade in?[/QUOTE]

uh...no

[quote name='zman73']uh...no[/quote]
Actually, it depends on the employee taking the trade/the individual store's policy. The FYE in Old Saybrook, CT hasn't had games or anything in years, but they're still using the same system as every other FYE, so games ring up just fine for credit and I trade stuff in there regularly. They just end up shipping them out to another store.

Hoping to get just the $23 of Wherehouse, as FYE near me doesn't do games it seems *well, dunno about trading games, but they don't sell anymore). Also, the CC clearanced DDR Universe going for little over $21 there for guys who can instore trade.

Hi guys.

Say if I used this method (and I'm VERY interested in it), I have a quick question on how store credit works.

Would Store Credit be working forever and ever? Because I'd probably trade it in today or tommorrow and thus actually use my store credit in a week or so. Would there be like a time frame or can I get it any time I want?

I'm pretty sure store credit lasts forever, unless they go out of business.

How does FYE store your credit? On a gift card or receipt?

FYE is Austin, TX only paying $1.20 store credit after bonuses.

Guess Ill have to go the wherehouse.com route

[quote name='fhetw']FYE is Austin, TX only paying $1.20 store credit after bonuses.

Guess Ill have to go the wherehouse.com route[/QUOTE]

Maybe they have changed it in the system already. It may be too late now. YMMV, now to the title until confirmed otherwise.

Added YMMV to the title, but I know this was definitely still working here at least as of an hour ago, as two friends called me to thank me for telling them after they each traded it in for the $33.xx.

Yup, definitely dead in store as of this afternoon. I'd hurry up and get your wherehouse.com orders in asap, because this will likely be dead by tomorrow morning, but they'll honor whatever price was in your cart at checkout.

i submitted to sell mine online at wherhouse.com, they sent me an email thats confirmed i will get the 25.00 credit, plus i am sending them king kong and talledega nihgts, all in all 36.00 in credit once they receive them, not a bad deal if you ask me.

Anyone who purchased it used from GS, remember that you have 7 days to return the game and get your money back! Do not trade it in to FYE!

bread's done
Back