(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

[quote name='token2k6']gwaa, I just placed my order on like Friday after much debate and don't have a shipping notification yet. Hope I don't get the shaft, my wife is already bugging me as to when we are getting this..she was astounded I wasn't bringing it home in-hand on Tuesday.[/QUOTE] Don't worry. You might not still get it on Tuesday. Mine was shipped but expecting to receive it by 10/1-10/4... Walmart only using UPS innovation mail(USPS)... not exactly, UPS ground. I just hate USPS! I always ended up picking up at their office.

Since it was a gift card and not some kind of credit or sale, the full price showing on the ship notification didn't surprise me...I think most places I've shopped with using a gift card do the same thing. I was charged the correct amount.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Woke up myself to the shipping notification in my e-mail box. Does anyone know typically where Walmart.com packages are shipped from?[/QUOTE] From UPS then transfer to USPS...

[quote name='mcdaking84']so the coupon was applied even if the total price is $26?[/QUOTE]

yup. i think if you go look at the total. it should tell you how much you paid AFTER the ecard, because mine was $14 ( i bought a different movie) and i applied $10 and it still gave me $14 but at the bottom is said $5 (the actual difference i have to pay)

[quote name='rhenzhen']Does anybody tried to track their package? I tried mine and it's not showing up. What a useless, tracking number.[/QUOTE]

UPS Mail Innovations is pretty crappy.

[quote name='rhenzhen']Does anybody tried to track their package? I tried mine and it's not showing up. What a useless, tracking number.[/QUOTE]

I just tried to do so too, but the UPS Mail Innovations site says no information is available. I find it funny that Wal-Mart's shipping confirmation email includes a tracking barcode, like I can do anything with it.

UPS Mail Innovations works by shipping the package from the shipper via UPS to a city close to your delivery address. At that point, it's handed off to the USPS to deliver it to your delivery address. The tracking number is a USPS Delivery Confirmation number.

It usually takes a couple of days from the shipment date for it to become visible in the UPS MI tracking system. Once it's handed off to the USPS, you can use the USPS website to track it and check for delivery information.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Tracking finally updated this morning showing the progress of the shipment. Looks like I won't have it here until next week but aw well.[/QUOTE]UPS MI is even slower than normal media mail, because it goes UPS Ground from the UPS sorting hub, when they have enough shipments to go to a large-scale USPS sorting hub. From the USPS hub, it goes media mail to the local PO and then delivered.

It takes quite a while to get a package via UPS MI or FedEx SmartPost, though it allows companies to save money on it because UPS just delivers it to a large-scale USPS hub and not the complete path to the recipient. That, and it saves money for anyone with a UPS or FedEx account.

Just a note, anything shipped UPS MI is not covered under there insurance. If a claim was to be had I wouldn't know how long it would take or if your just screwed.

Just received my Ironman 2!!! Came with slip cover and everything can't wait to pop it into the Ps3 and experience this movie in HD!!!:applause:

[quote name='skiizim']Just a note, anything shipped UPS MI is not covered under there insurance. If a claim was to be had I wouldn't know how long it would take or if your just screwed.[/QUOTE]You'd have to talk with Walmart (in this case) if you had an item damaged in shipment and they would have to take it up with UPS or USPS. They'd just send out another copy and set up a call tag to get the damaged item back.

Walmart shipment and USPS sucks! useless tracking no. It's been two days since USPS got the merchandise and still no record... I really regret i used the WM eGiftCard to this movie. I should have used it to different movie. Amazon.com and BB dropped their price to 19.99. Hayyy!

I'm really hoping that was a bad transfer over me needing a new tv because my eyes are already used to the quality of the one I have...

[quote name='shrike4242']You'd have to talk with Walmart (in this case) if you had an item damaged in shipment and they would have to take it up with UPS or USPS. They'd just send out another copy and set up a call tag to get the damaged item back.[/QUOTE]

Or you can take it to your local Walmart and exchange it there.

Mine showed up yesterday. Pretty decent delivery time given it shipped out Monday. I still won't ever do business again with Walmart.com after this fiasco but I'm glad in the end they honored their mess up.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or you can take it to your local Walmart and exchange it there.

Mine showed up yesterday. Pretty decent delivery time given it shipped out Monday. I still won't ever do business again with Walmart.com after this fiasco but I'm glad in the end they honored their mess up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not pro-Walmart, but...

Really? From a pricing mistake that they honored - and not only did they honor it, but they let you choose how you wanted to spend the $12 (or whatever) gift card that would make up the difference? You'll never do business with them again?

Throw me a list of businesses you WILL do business with, and let's all take a vote on whether we think they'd respond the same way.

Jeez, Wal-Mart is run by chimps. After getting my credit card and account info nicked, I tell them to close the account. The card in inactivated by my bank and no longer in existence. The pending charges from Wal-Mart for both my Iron Man 2 Blu Ray order and the fraudulent charges disappear from my account. I decide to pick up Iron Man at Best Buy using the $25 GC I got out of them from the Demon Soul's Coupon fiasco and considered the whole ordeal put to bed.

So, what do I find in my mail on Friday? An Iron Man 2 Blu Ray from Walmart.com?! So, after all is said and done, I wound up with a free movie! Just going to take the other one back to Best Buy and get something else.

^^ crazy story bro! Everything that happened to you sounded horrible! I guess I'm glad it all worked out somehow. I'm still waiting for my copy w/ NO tracking info and have been tempted to buy it almost 3 times already. May even RedBox it tonight..

but are the Wal-Mart and BB versions identical? hope there is no problem returning a sealed copy..there are so many copies and versions of this thing, every store I go into, my head spins..

[quote name='token2k6']^^ crazy story bro! Everything that happened to you sounded horrible! I guess I'm glad it all worked out somehow. I'm still waiting for my copy w/ NO tracking info and have been tempted to buy it almost 3 times already. May even RedBox it tonight..

but are the Wal-Mart and BB versions identical? hope there is no problem returning a sealed copy..there are so many copies and versions of this thing, every store I go into, my head spins..[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, there's a single disc DVD, double disc DVD, single disc blu, and triple disc blu. Those should all be everywhere (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc).
Target should have the ironpack blu, as well as a "War Machine Head" version of Iron Man 1, but besides that, I think everyone is pretty similar (Walmart has been doing versions of DVDs that come with downloadable MP3s, so they might have done one of those, but even so, I think everyone has the four initial versions I mentioned for sale - and subsequently, return).

I personally ordered the $15 Walmart 3-disc blu-ray (which we all know was cancelled, then honored by Walmart by giving you a $12 gift card to make up the difference). I then went to Target and they gave me the 3-disc Ironpack blu-ray ($37.99) which I made them price match to Best Buy's $24.99 3-disc blu-ray.
When I got my Walmart one in the mail, I figured I'd return it at Walmart for my $15 and the $12 gift card, but they just gave me $27 back in cash.
Total spent?

Around $13 for the 3-disc Ironpack.

And what number did I get? 58008. That's right, "Boobs" upside down.
Amazing

P.S.
That was not the actual number I got.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Really? From a pricing mistake that they honored - and not only did they honor it, but they let you choose how you wanted to spend the $12 (or whatever) gift card that would make up the difference? You'll never do business with them again?[/quote]

They honored it but it was still way too much work involved to get a damn $15 movie. Especially when Walmart lied about why the orders were canceled. Not to mention many other issues such as several people having their credit card numbers stolen from the site since god forbid Walmart.com to have a checkout system that will let you use Paypal with that gift card.

So like I said - this is my first, last, and only time I will do business with Walmart.com. This has left a really bad taste in my mouth which is not what any business wants.

[quote name='Demolition Man']They honored it but it was still way too much work involved to get a damn $15 movie. Especially when Walmart lied about why the orders were canceled. Not to mention many other issues such as several people having their credit card numbers stolen from the site since god forbid Walmart.com to have a checkout system that will let you use Paypal with that gift card.

So like I said - this is my first, last, and only time I will do business with Walmart.com. This has left a really bad taste in my mouth which is not what any business wants.[/QUOTE]

There's no reason to think that guy's credit card problem was related to Walmart.xom. Obviously nobody else had the same problem.

Placing 2 orders may seem like a ton of work to you (mouse... so hard to use.... typing.... ouch, my finger muscles!), but things worked out in everyone's favor. No one was grievously harmed in any way.

[quote name='eastx']There's no reason to think that guy's credit card problem was related to Walmart.xom. Obviously nobody else had the same problem.[/QUOTE]

But that's incorrect. Myself and at least one other CAG had this happen to them. Not to mention about 10,000 other folks.

And it was definitely related to Wal-Mart.com. This was the first time I had used that particular card at Wal-Mart.com. The fraudulent charges of $598, was at Wal-Mart.com. My user name and password were changed so I couldn't log in at, say it with me everybody... Wal-Mart.com.

I'm with Demolition Man. That was my last order to Wal-Mart's website. A large corporation like that should have better website security. I don't care if the next pricing mistake also states that a hot chick will deliver the package and then fellate me before she leaves. It's just not worth it (and my wife might get a little pissed :D )

[quote name='adamthered']I'm with Demolition Man. That was my last order to Wal-Mart's website. A large corporation like that should have better website security. I don't care if the next pricing mistake also states that a hot chick will deliver the package and then fellate me before she leaves. It's just not worth it (and my wife might get a little pissed :D )[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm not bothered at all about having to re-order the Blu-Ray. I'm however bothered by the lack of security on Walmart.com which on that alone tells me never to do business with their website ever again. Not to mention again too much work involved to get a damn $15 movie. Its not the reordering part.... its the stress with getting Walmart to admit they lied to us about why our orders were canceled. Yes Walmart eventually honored the $15 price which I'll give them credit for but it took a day plus of calling them along with bad publicity on sties such as The Consumerist to get them to finally honor it.

In the end I've chosen to not give Walmart.com my business after this. If some of you folks decide even after all this to keep giving them your business then go ahead. I simply don't trust them after this. So why give a business you don't trust your hard earned money?

I just received my copy today. Does anyone know if I take this into Walmart can I have them price match it to Best Buy's $19.99 deal? I thought I saw somewhere that people had done this and essentially got the movie for $10 but couldn't find any posts.

bread's done
Back