Dead Island $19.99 @ Gamestop

greg8920

CAGiversary!
Haven't seen any one else post about it. It went on sale today. Both 360 and PS3. Been waiting for this to drop to 20 for a while now. Picked it up this morning.

Okay, couple more questions. Is there a good melee character in this game? I suck at FPS, hence the V.A.T.S question. Also, is there any content (online access, etc.) that may not be included in a used copy? Thanks.

there are 3 good melee characters - Xian (sharp weapons), hip-hop dude (blunt weapons), and some throwing knives guy....

i got really good at targeting with sharps to take out bigger foes (the brutes have a hard time doing anything w/o arms).

the physics model is really specific and precise (and therefore gory). be warned. but after you de-arm a brute, he will head butt you... haha.

The combat is a little floaty (but better than something like skyrim), and since the targeted melee works as advertised, that part lends some heft/weight to the interactions.

i never played online, but co-op is available w/o a code, iirc. there is some DLC, but i didnt play that either (just came out this year)

i've been tempted to pick this back up on sale - as i had a riot with it (i picked it up on gamefly to have a taste, and ended up playing the whole campaign...(if you got addicted to FO3 questing, this is just as bad)

This game is great. I highly recommend it. The online is very fun and anyone can join your session. I finished the first playtrough with the throwing knife dude and i started a second with pruna. I am almost 75% done with my second character. Buy it. Its a steal at this price.

I called in to my GameStop right now, don't know if it's too late but they had stock for it New, but the guy said it is $29.99. Is he right or might this game still be on sale? D:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Sale is still on, look at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Will it ring up $19.99? Before I called I checked the .com and saw $19.99 but their 'check availability' thing wasn't working so I called, then I heard the $29.99. I guess I should get ready and go!

This is one of those GS sales that only show up if the employee is in the register program. If they're just looking at inventory it won't show up as on sale.

Picked up a new copy of LOTR: War in the north last Saturday and it's still sitting on the shelf. Not sure if I should take it back and pick this up instead. I rented Dead Island when it first came out and I wasn't all that crazy about it. But I also have never played LOTR, so I don't have a clue what it's like. Suggestions?

I prefer Dead Island over LOTR. Dead Island is much longer, has a better story and way more bad ass weapons. LOTR is fun don't get me wrong, but I'd trade it in for Dead Island for sure. I'd give Dead Island another chance if I were you. The weapon mods are epic!!!

[quote name='Psychonik']I prefer Dead Island over LOTR. Dead Island is much longer, has a better story and way more bad ass weapons. LOTR is fun don't get me wrong, but I'd trade it in for Dead Island for sure. I'd give Dead Island another chance if I were you. The weapon mods are epic!!![/QUOTE]Thanks. I think I'm going to take LOTR back tomorrow and pick up Dead Island.

[quote name='frpilot']I saw lotr war in the north went back up to $29.99 yesterday when i found a new copy at a store yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I know I picked up Dead Island over a week ago and I forget to get LOTR War In the North then when I went back it was 29.99.I blew it.

Picked up a used "special edition" DI for $18.99. (plus the PUR discount). Lucky for me, the DLC was still there, unused. :bouncy:

Power to the players? ;)

I took LOTR back last night and got my $20 back and skipped out on this altogether. Didn't want it to sit here for over a week unopened.

I got about 15 hours into Dead Island before I started getting bored with it. Probably been about a month since I last played it. Might pick it back up once summer hits.

[quote name='budz']Picked up a used "special edition" DI for $18.99. (plus the PUR discount). Lucky for me, the DLC was still there, unused. :bouncy:

Power to the players? ;)[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I got a se but no code at all. Ehh, either way the se cover art is better (in my opinion).

i picked up this during b2g1 with se cover (code was used though), but i decided to return it. i was contemplating a while about returning with the se cover too since i kind of like it and it's not as common but at the same time it is plain.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back