Dead Island 29.99 new at gamestop, 26.99 pre-owned (PS3 and XBOX360)

Where is everyone getting this buy 2 get 1 on new games? I thought it was going to just be used games again...

[quote name='Althax']Where is everyone getting this buy 2 get 1 on new games? I thought it was going to just be used games again...[/QUOTE]

It is only on used games. The price for Dead Island used is $26.99 according to OP.

saw this in store today and debated picking it up again for awhile....think I may go back when I have some credit to burn. Wasnt a great game imo but wasnt bad either.

i haven't bought a 'new' game at gamestop in a long, long time (since the early days as a cag). do they still come without the plastic and dlc yanked out?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Know any good game combo with this and rayman origin for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Now that I see this I'm going for Dead Island, Rayman, and Rage.

thinking of picking up dead island, modnation racers, and tomb raider collection

i'm a sucker for any deal involving a free game, hope i don't regret this purchase

buy 3 copies of Dead Island at 26.99 each. averages out to 19 and change each after tax and B2G1 free. Sell 2 of them on ebay at 30 BIN's which is around 21 each after fee's etc. Bingo! there's your copy of Dead Island for < $20.

[quote name='Jeremy White']I'm waiting on this one to get down to $19.99. So close.[/QUOTE]

Well if you have other like-priced things you're looking to purchase, it will be at your buy price with the B2G1 sale.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']i haven't bought a 'new' game at gamestop in a long, long time (since the early days as a cag). do they still come without the plastic and dlc yanked out?[/QUOTE]

Yup they still do. More often than not it seems actually

@ this game. I snagged it at Target because TRU wouldn't PM them even with the add. Not sure if i'll return it or not though. I had wanted to wait for 20 bucks or lower but its taking forever to drop. I thought it would be there by now with how buggy it was. Did it ever get patched properly btw?

anyone else having problems ordering? I've been trying to get this since yesterday and it keeps saying "cant handle my request, please try again soon"

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']i haven't bought a 'new' game at gamestop in a long, long time (since the early days as a cag). do they still come without the plastic and dlc yanked out?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Haven't you heard, every new Gamestop game is sold disc only. For your added shopping pleasure, they have already thrown away all the unwanted stuff like cases, game art, instructions, & dlc codes. The just dump the disc is a bag, and away you go. It's very considerate of them, you just take it out of the bag and pop it straight into your 360. Very eco friendly if you ask me, and a big time save.

totally worth it, paid full price and didn't regret it (for once). this game is just too fun to pass for around this price.

that being said I did sell my copy off for more than I paid (it was a gamestop limited edition cover or whatever) since I beat it so fast anyways, but I wanna re-buy at this price, with rayman and either rage or deus ex since that just dropped to 26.99 used as well.

also looking into getting Dungeon Siege 3, El Shaddai and another 18.99 used title. some good drops all around

there used to be cag16 freeship etc. i havnt ordered online in forever cuz i was banned but my store is sold out... any codes to use online for freeship/16%off used games/anything?

wow that is super lame that nothing stacks, when i joined cag and went to gamestop.com alot, i remember we had freeship cag16 and they would stack with everything and 10% off, now nothing stacks... ouch.

n yeah i tried to order and still banned, oh wellz. i was hoping they had it instore, but when i went in they said they just sold it 30 mins ago... guess i will call tomorrow or so, this b2g1f goes til 28th? hopefully they get more in cuz i want a super cheap copy of dead island to play w my wife/kids(lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those considering purchasing a pre-owned copy, in store, I would opt for the "Special Edition" version if possible. This is very YMMV but I purchased two pre-owned copies and both had unredeemed "Bloodbath Arena" codes. As expected though both "Ripper Mod" codes were previously redeemed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']totally worth it, paid full price and didn't regret it (for once). this game is just too fun to pass for around this price.

that being said I did sell my copy off for more than I paid (it was a gamestop limited edition cover or whatever) since I beat it so fast anyways, but I wanna re-buy at this price, with rayman and either rage or deus ex since that just dropped to 26.99 used as well.

also looking into getting Dungeon Siege 3, El Shaddai and another 18.99 used title. some good drops all around[/QUOTE]

i agree. this game is worth every penny. one of my best games I've played all year and still playing.

i got 2 copies so my grrl and i can play together. did they fix all the bugs/save issues/glitches with the co op? we are on lan so i heard that is glitch free, but would rather play 4player if possible but didnt know if all was fixed up yet. thanx!

[quote name='deletion']i agree. this game is worth every penny. one of my best games I've played all year and still playing.[/QUOTE]

Conversely I bought this at Best Buy today, and I hate everything about it. Planning on trading it in somewhere soon.

bread's done
Back