Dead Island $49.99 (360/ps3), $39.99 pc + FS, Resistence 3 $49.99+FS Newegg.com

Wow nice, I can get dead island for $46 if I get it at Newegg. Thanks, OP. Dolica AX620 Quick Release Plate for AX620B100 (Black) use this with newcustomer10 + other code. Anyone know a better filler item?

rented dead island, so far its a great zombie game, I already enjoy it 100% more then crappy overrated left 4 dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Disagree on Dr2, can't say anything about lfd as I haven't played either of them[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed l4d for like a few hours, and realize it's like an arcade sort of game, but it just wasn't what I expected originally going in, and felt ripped off back then, after beating the 4 campaigns a few times it gets way too stale, there's just not enough to it. and l4d2 was basically the same game, glad i tried the demo first on that one and skipped it. it's not that they're bad games it's just that i feel they could do soooooo much more with them. have more guns at least that you can unlock or something. the 4 player thing is ripe for adding in some borderlands class ability sort of thing, maybe someone can actually heal or something. even as just a repetitive arcade shooter than you go thru the same 4 campaigns over and over they didnt get it right, there's xbla games with more content.

as far as dead rising, i put about 20 hours into the first game, and hated it. never beat it because i always ended up having to restart for some reason. haven't played DR2 yet but I imagine it's mostly the same by the videos i've seen.

all personal preference I suppose. going to pick up my Dead Island pre-order at GS soon, hopefully I'm not disappointed... but this looks like the zombie game I've wanted all along.

[quote name='Xenokai']rented dead island, so far its a great zombie game, I already enjoy it 100% more then crappy overrated left 4 dead.[/QUOTE]
Bashing L4D at the end of your post discredited what I thought of your opinion, because that game was fucking sweet bro lol.

If you are looking for a single player zombie game, L4d might suck, but in multiplayer was where you got your moneys worth.

[quote name='TheRobReport']
If you are looking for a single player zombie game, L4d might suck, but in multiplayer was where you got your moneys worth.[/QUOTE]

true--this is one of my favorite series-but i had to talk my friend out buying it last year as he doesn't have xbox live-and i mentioned to him that most of the fun was in the on line multi.

Dead Island is a great game! enjoyed my first 6 hours and I didn't even scratch the surface of it! Love the rpg elements and how you can join people that are in the same place as you in and out. If Borderlands and Dear Rising 2 had a baby. And that baby had a baby with fallout Hawaii ( haha ) then this would be it! game is awesome! haha. But there is some issues going on with the PC version. They are currently working on the patch so they say. give it 8/10

Dead Island is a fun game. Except if you own it on PC so be wary. The game as it is right now is in a buggy unfinished mess so who knows how much better it will get with the upcoming patch.

Not saying anything against Dead Island because I fucking love the game, the pc version is just buggy as fuck right now, lol. It might get better, but if you want the pc version, keep up with the updates.

Really wish I would have seen this before I got Dead Island at Frys this morning. Would have preferred waiting 'till next week for DI if it meant $4 cheaper. (Tax)

Oh btw, Transcend 1GB MicroSD Flash Card Model TS1GUSD works for the NEWCUSTOMER10 + code + shoprunner for Dead Island.

Grand Total: $43.74

Looks like the 360 and PC versions are sold out right now. PS3 is limit 5. I guess taking $10 off is a good way to move copies.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Really wish I would have seen this before I got Dead Island at Frys this morning. Would have preferred waiting 'till next week for DI if it meant $4 cheaper. (Tax)[/QUOTE]

You should be able to get Fry's to price match Newegg and refund you the difference. If not just order online from Newegg, when it comes it just returned the sealed copy to Fry's.

If you're in California, Newegg will charge you tax so I don't think they're any cheaper.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Dead Island is a fun game. Except if you own it on PC so be wary. The game as it is right now is in a buggy unfinished mess so who knows how much better it will get with the upcoming patch.

Not saying anything against Dead Island because I fucking love the game, the pc version is just buggy as fuck right now, lol. It might get better, but if you want the pc version, keep up with the updates.[/QUOTE]

This is not true. The STEAM VERSION ONLY was (no longer is) a literally unfinished game - they accidentally released the dev version, with noclip binded to Y and all. All RETAIL versions of this game have been and are still fine. In fact, the Steam version has been replaced with the official release as of earlier today, so even that version should be fine.

The game does still have bugs, but the way this post was worded implied the devs did a terrible job on the PC version. They didn't. They simply released the wrong build of the game on Steam only, and even that is no longer true.

[quote name='youenvy']true--this is one of my favorite series-but i had to talk my friend out buying it last year as he doesn't have xbox live-and i mentioned to him that most of the fun was in the on line multi.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it really isn't worth it unless you have some buddies to play with or don't mind playing with some random people. I remember when L4D came out I literally spent half of my free time playing versus. I even own the game for steam to play with a few of my buddies who don't own console.

Oh and I just bit on this deal, Im sure i'll be kicking myself if it price drops more but I already have one buddy bugging the shit out of me to get this game.

EDIT: Just got an email a little bit ago informing me my order for dead island on 360 got cancelled due to insufficient stock, fuck this noise, im just gonna buy it on amazon lol

I've been saving my $10 off code on Newegg for something special like this. So I'll get Dead Island for $40.....sweet! Only zombie game I'm even remotely interested in because L4D is straight up overrated and doesn't do anything interesting at all and DR was pretty fun. Thanks again OP ;)

Edit: Shit never mind...sold out :(

bread's done
Back