Dead Island Riptide (Vanilla $35. CE $55) BBY PM @ Amazon

I called this in this morning as soon as I read about deal at bestbuy and put a feedback to have the price change, I was contacted by email by the person I put in the price match feedback in with that they changed the price according to my reported price I found at bestbuy. It nice to get credited forty dollars to my account. Congratulations to all who saved some money :)

[quote name='golgilak']I called this in this morning as soon as I read about deal at bestbuy and put a feedback to have the price change, I was contacted by email by the person I put in the price match feedback in with that they changed the price according to my reported price I found at bestbuy. It nice to get credited forty dollars to my account. Congratulations to all who saved some money :)[/QUOTE]

It always seems like the games I want that I send PMs to Amazon they NEVER match them -____- Until now, that one time where I didn't send a PM in....After I already bought it at BBY...

Just sent them an email seeing if they would honor this price. I hate that the Rigor Mortis edition now costs $5 more than the basic version I preordered. Had I known about this, I would have waited.

[quote name='TooPoor']Amazon needs to come up with their own deals.[/QUOTE]

This- its sad that 99% of their good prices are just to match best buy or another big stores sale

It all started when they ended their "deal of the day"

I don't think they are fooling many people with this game. All the reviews I've seen/read all come to the same conclusion: it's more Dead Island, except worse. It's an expansion, not a sequel.

Dead Island is a lot of fun if you can coop with a group of Friends. I enjoyed it and brought it both on PC and 360 when it first came out to play with different sets of friends.

For the price they are asking for it I think they understand they cant just sell it at full price as its more of an expansion than a sequel.

[quote name='roundhouse']I don't think they are fooling many people with this game. All the reviews I've seen/read all come to the same conclusion: it's more Dead Island, except worse. It's an expansion, not a sequel.[/QUOTE]

They never said it was a sequel, they said it was an expansion...That's why it was priced at $50 not $60.

I am playing it now and love it, overall I ignore reviews. I know what I like, I don't need either people telling me what is good and what isn't.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They never said it was a sequel, they said it was an expansion...That's why it was priced at $50 not $60.

I am playing it now and love it, overall I ignore reviews. I know what I like, I don't need either people telling me what is good and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

Well that's fine for you, but I listen to reviews because I don't like blowing money on bad games. I got the first Dead Island for $8 on BF, liked the beginning of the game, but then thought it really started to suck after that. Traded it in before finishing it.

So yea, I will listen to reviews before spending $50 on an expansion for a game that I only mildly enjoyed at $8. If they were able to capture the fun of the resort area of the first game and actually fix the things that were wrong, then I'd possibly be picking this up. But from everything I've seen, they didn't improve the game in any way and there's even more bugs than the first game.

[quote name='Deader2818']Honestly, if they admit to it being an expansion, should be priced at $29.99. Thats the price they sale expansions for MMOs.[/QUOTE]

Those MMOs also usually cost $15 a month...which they factor into the cost. Look at StarCraft Heart of the Swarm, that was $40, not exactly $50, but the price varies.

[quote name='roundhouse']Well that's fine for you, but I listen to reviews because I don't like blowing money on bad games. I got the first Dead Island for $8 on BF, liked the beginning of the game, but then thought it really started to suck after that. Traded it in before finishing it.

So yea, I will listen to reviews before spending $50 on an expansion for a game that I only mildly enjoyed at $8. If they were able to capture the fun of the resort area of the first game and actually fix the things that were wrong, then I'd possibly be picking this up. But from everything I've seen, they didn't improve the game in any way and there's even more bugs than the first game.[/QUOTE]

I did everything in Dead Island in terms of achievements on the 360, and then bought it on PS3 for $8 on BF like you did. I am slowly playing through it on PS3 now.

I have put in about 5 maybe 6 hours on Riptide and have encountered zero bugs thus far, so I cannot comment on glitches beyond not having had a single one.

You don't have to like the same games I do, but to base what you do on what other people tell you to do seems silly to me. And if you are paying retail for a game, regardless of the quality I believe you want to be on gamestop.com and not cheapassgamer.com

The game is by no means perfect, and does have issues such as mediocre graphics, but I enjoy it a lot. I consider it Dead Rising meets Borderlands, both games I adore. To tell people to stay because some people you don't know dislike it seems stupid to me. Tell people why you dislike or like a game and move on.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I did everything in Dead Island in terms of achievements on the 360, and then bought it on PS3 for $8 on BF like you did. I am slowly playing through it on PS3 now.

I have put in about 5 maybe 6 hours on Riptide and have encountered zero bugs thus far, so I cannot comment on glitches beyond not having had a single one.

You don't have to like the same games I do, but to base what you do on what other people tell you to do seems silly to me. And if you are paying retail for a game, regardless of the quality I believe you want to be on gamestop.com and not cheapassgamer.com[/QUOTE]

I didn't give a timeframe for when I'd buy this game. I never said I'd buy it at retail day 1 price. From everything I've seen, I won't even pick this up when it hits $10.

But seeing as how it just came out and you have it, maybe you are the one that paid retail. So shouldn't you be on gamestop.com? :)

[quote name='roundhouse']Well that's fine for you, but I listen to reviews because I don't like blowing money on bad games. I got the first Dead Island for $8 on BF, liked the beginning of the game, but then thought it really started to suck after that. Traded it in before finishing it.

So yea, I will listen to reviews before spending $50 on an expansion for a game that I only mildly enjoyed at $8. If they were able to capture the fun of the resort area of the first game and actually fix the things that were wrong, then I'd possibly be picking this up. But from everything I've seen, they didn't improve the game in any way and there's even more bugs than the first game.[/QUOTE]So you bought the first one, barely gave it a chance at all, got rid of it, and now you want to flame Riptide based on what you have SEEN and HEARD?? Nice troll job :applause:

[quote name='roundhouse']I didn't give a timeframe for when I'd buy this game. I never said I'd buy it at retail day 1 price. From everything I've seen, I won't even pick this up when it hits $10.

But seeing as how it just came out and you have it, maybe you are the one that paid retail. So shouldn't you be on gamestop.com? :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks to this price at Best Buy and a mistake with the steelbook I ended up paying $10 for this, even at $35 I think this is a good deal, but I admit at $50 this is a pass for me. But any game out there is a pass for me at $50.

[quote name='roundhouse']I didn't give a timeframe for when I'd buy this game. I never said I'd buy it at retail day 1 price. From everything I've seen, I won't even pick this up when it hits $10.

But seeing as how it just came out and you have it, maybe you are the one that paid retail. So shouldn't you be on gamestop.com? :)[/QUOTE]So if you hate the game so much, why are you wasting your time posting your stupid ass comments?

[quote name='krashhole']So you bought the first one, barely gave it a chance at all, got rid of it, and now you want to flame Riptide based on what you have SEEN and HEARD?? Nice troll job :applause:[/QUOTE]

Oh I gave it plenty of chance. No reason to keep playing a game when it gets progressively worse and more repetitive.

Also lol @ you thinking people who read reviews aren't qualified to comment on a game. Am I required to TOUCH, TASTE, and SMELL it too before I can comment? Please let me know, so I know in the future to not give my uninformed trollish opinion.

[quote name='roundhouse']Oh I gave it plenty of chance. No reason to keep playing a game when it gets progressively worse and more repetitive.

Also lol @ you thinking people who read reviews aren't qualified to comment on a game. Am I required to TOUCH, TASTE, and SMELL it too before I can comment? Please let me know, so I know in the future to not give my uninformed trollish opinion.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to buy the game or enjoy the game. I have no issue with you disliking the first Dead Island or not wanting to buy Riptide, but to bash a game you've never played because of what you've read is short-sighted IMO.

If you played the game and disliked it, share the opinion, don't tell people not to buy it because you disliked it, just make your opinion known and that's it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You don't need to buy the game or enjoy the game. I have no issue with you disliking the first Dead Island or not wanting to buy Riptide, but to bash a game you've never played because of what you've read is short-sighted IMO.

If you played the game and disliked it, share the opinion, don't tell people not to buy it because you disliked it, just make your opinion known and that's it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. I Never bashed it, never told people not to buy it. I simply passed along what I've seen from reviews and scores. Apparently that was even too much, because you felt the need to dismiss my opinion as invalid. Then I got baited into this silly argument by the other guy, so yea I'm done. Everyone buy Dead Island Riptide, it's an amazing expansion game, well worth every cent. Goodbye.

Well, in reality you shouldn't comment on something you have only HEARD because then you end up in a topic like this basically talkin outta your ass.

[quote name='krashhole']Well, in reality you shouldn't comment on something you have only HEARD because then you end up in a topic like this basically talkin outta your ass.[/QUOTE]

pot, meet kettle.

[quote name='roundhouse']That's exactly what I did. I Never bashed it, never told people not to buy it. I simply passed along what I've seen from reviews and scores. Apparently that was even too much, because you felt the need to dismiss my opinion as invalid. Then I got baited into this silly argument by the other guy, so yea I'm done. Everyone buy Dead Island Riptide, it's an amazing game, well worth every cent. Goodbye.[/QUOTE]:applause::applause: Best comment you have made in this thread yet.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
I am playing it now and love it, overall I ignore reviews. I know what I like, I don't need either people telling me what is good and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying it a lot also, but I also really liked the first game.

Hit me up if you or anyone else wants to play (360) my GT is GoofyFollower

i went ahead and bit for $35 since i got the 330 point steal of the week for trading it back in to gamestop for $30 by may 19th. $5 for 3 week rental... eh ill bite.

i'm not regretting i pre-ordered this game cause i'm really enjoying it regardless of what the reviews say but i should have waited for this price drop. $20 pre-order enticed me to get it.

Something tells me this will keep dropping. MSRP of 29.99 by June and whatnot. This is a game I can wait on. Something like Metro I'm likely to buy at launch though.

[quote name='Sonne']Something tells me this will keep dropping. MSRP of 29.99 by June and whatnot. This is a game I can wait on. Something like Metro I'm likely to buy at launch though.[/QUOTE]

This is a game for people who enjoyed the first one and want more, otherwise I would say it's worth $15-20. $10 is a no brainer, but for those on the fence I would sat $15-20.

I was going to wait for $10-20 for Metro Last Light as well, but Prima Games has requested that I write a walkthrough for their website and bought the game for me...hopefully I'll do a decent job.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This is a game for people who enjoyed the first one and want more, otherwise I would say it's worth $15-20. $10 is a no brainer, but for those on the fence I would sat $15-20.

I was going to wait for $10-20 for Metro Last Light as well, but Prima Games has requested that I write a walkthrough for their website and bought the game for me...hopefully I'll do a decent job.[/QUOTE]

Wow. How do I get that job? I love videogames and I love writing. I'm envious.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow. How do I get that job? I love videogames and I love writing. I'm envious.[/QUOTE]

It isn't really a job...hopefully it'll turn into one.

Long story short, basically I finished all of BioShock Infinite (platinum) in about 5 days. They posted on FB some tips for 1999 Mode. I replied that I just finished it the night before. They asked if I'd like to write an article for their site, I was like "HELL YES" and when I was done asked if possible I'd like to write for them some more.

http://www.primagames.com/games/bio...ref=homepage_prima_carou_ComSpotPhilip_040413

They got back to me with writing a walkthrough for Metro Last Light.

I preordered Riptide back in October just to get the cool looking steelbook. I never planned to buy it day one because I never buy games day one. I'd never played the first game, but I figured I'd end up liking it. I had a lot of store credit from trade ins so I didn't mind paying $5 for the steelbook.

I finally finished playing the first game coop with my cousin. We had a lot of fun, so I found my preorder receipt from October and decided to buy riptide. I would have never got it without that $20 rewardzone certificate. I lucked out and got another $15 back.

I guess all in all it was $35+tax for the game, steelbook, and $20 rewardzone certificate? Sounds reasonable for getting the game (or expansion) day one.

I've been itching for some more Dead Island. I can't wait to carry over my Sam B character and get him from level 52 to 70. I'll probably play through it again with Purna or the new character once my cousin buys Riptide ($35 is still too high for him).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It isn't really a job...hopefully it'll turn into one.

Long story short, basically I finished all of BioShock Infinite (platinum) in about 5 days. They posted on FB some tips for 1999 Mode. I replied that I just finished it the night before. They asked if I'd like to write an article for their site, I was like "HELL YES" and when I was done asked if possible I'd like to write for them some more.

http://www.primagames.com/games/bio...ref=homepage_prima_carou_ComSpotPhilip_040413

They got back to me with writing a walkthrough for Metro Last Light.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Good luck man. I hope it turns into a job.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Awesome. Good luck man. I hope it turns into a job.[/QUOTE]

Me too. They are going to hopefully get me in touch with one of their authors so I can get advice/feedback.

I've never written a walkthrough, but I have used them, of course that means little. Just because I read a novel doesn't mean I'm the next Mark Twain. Hopefully the advice I get will help me continue writing for them and perhaps turn it into something else.

Sweet, thanks for the info OP. Mine luckily didn't ship out till the 25th, so I got a refund on the amount for my rigor mortis edition and the special edition with steelcase I got for my friend too, since it was within 7 days.

Just wanna pop in here and say Riptide is awesome. Don't know anything about the console versions but I'm loving my time with the pc version.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Just wanna pop in here and say Riptide is awesome. Don't know anything about the console versions but I'm loving my time with the pc version.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is fun, they did a real good job with matchmaking as far as finding people who are generally in the same area as far as level and storyline. Very easy to drop in and out for quick fun.

BBY is back to its regular price. But these prices are still valid for now. But they'll probably change the price later today.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Multiplayer is fun, they did a real good job with matchmaking as far as finding people who are generally in the same area as far as level and storyline. Very easy to drop in and out for quick fun.[/QUOTE]

Then they fixed the original horrible matchmaking system! YAY!

[quote name='TaylorM06']BBY is back to its regular price. But these prices are still valid for now. But they'll probably change the price later today.[/QUOTE]

So glad I got in on this yesterday! Now I wonder if it will drop below $35 before my 15 day pm is up, lol.

I wonder how fast this will be sub $20. I enjoyed dead island, there were a lot of easter eggs and cool homages to past horror movies as well as good graphics and fun gameplay. It did drop like a rock fairly quick and this is dropping even faster.

bread's done
Back