(DEAD) Labor Day BOGO Bluray Sale @ DeepDiscount

Tekkonkinkreet is $19.45.

I wish this was for all blu-rays. I'd be all over Chocolate, Ong Bak, IP Man, and Red Cliff. I ordered Ninja and Genghis Khan for $13.49 shipped...now looking for something to pair with Kung Fu Hustle.

[quote name='freshzen']tekkonkinkreet is $19.45.

I wish this was for all blu-rays. I'd be all over chocolate, ong bak, ip man, and red cliff. I ordered ninja and genghis khan for $13.49 shipped...now looking for something to pair with kung fu hustle.[/quote]

cj7

The prices by themselves are high, like the Warner Digibooks being $10 above what you can get elsewhere, but buying two of them would be saving $5 a piece over those cheaper prices elsewhere.

The titles listed seem awfully random. It's not a specific studio or genre, you have classics, current mainstream flicks, straight-to-DVD stuff and everything in between. They overstocked on these titles, perhaps?

poltergeist & boogie nights for 21.88. 18.99 & 19.49 respectively on amazon. too bad boogie nights is currently out of stock and poltergeist doesn't release until next week. can't really complain if i'm getting them for $10.94 each, though.

In for Get Smart & Kung Fu Hustle (upgrade my DVD) = $7.49 each shipped, thanks OP!

Some of the prices are odd though. Paul Blart: Mall Cop for $32 wtf?

[quote name='trunks982']cj7[/QUOTE]

Its $30 >_<

I'm leaning towards Neverending Story.

edit: I'm actually tempted to buy Cloudy 3D + Amadeus now, I figure I could get Amadeus for under $10 by reselling Cloudy 3D on eBay.

Just ordered Dogma + Kung Fu Hustle, and then Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Professional. I...may go back for more.

Nice...thanks OP! Normally, I avoid DD since I live in IL and have to pay sales tax, but this one was too good to pass up. I scored the original Clash of the Titans & Jason and the Argonauts for like $21.

[quote name='cb4774']Nice...thanks OP! Normally, I avoid DD since I live in IL and have to pay sales tax, but this one was too good to pass up. I scored the original Clash of the Titans & Jason and the Argonauts for like $21.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sucks on the sales tax here in IL. I finally found out that we had a DD store here around Downers Grove/Lisle area(or some such area), and when I went there, it was closed down. Any ideas if it moved? My friend went there a few times and said the prices never came close to matching up with the website either. Weird. It was one of the few B&M stores where you could get HDMI cables for under $10 that I knew of too.

There are some very good prices to be had in there, especially the Sony Pictures Classics movies. They're usually at least $26 on Amazon and many of them are $28 in this sale, making them $14 each and saving you $12 a movie. Yes, many of the prices are inflated but you can still find some great deals.

[quote name='One4Deuce']There are some very good prices to be had in there, especially the Sony Pictures Classics movies. They're usually at least $26 on Amazon and many of them are $28 in this sale, making them $14 each and saving you $12 a movie. Yes, many of the prices are inflated but you can still find some great deals.[/QUOTE]

agreed - and now my wallet is dead

The code is reusable, which is good so that you can get a free $25 title with the purchase of a $25 title, as opposed to buying two $25 titles and getting your $15 titles for free.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']The code is reusable, which is good so that you can get a free $25 title with the purchase of a $25 title, as opposed to buying two $25 titles and getting your $15 titles for free.[/QUOTE]

thanks for pointing this out! they almost got me on that.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']The code is reusable, which is good so that you can get a free $25 title with the purchase of a $25 title, as opposed to buying two $25 titles and getting your $15 titles for free.[/QUOTE]
I made a mistake on my first order, I placed an order for 4 movies when I should have done two separate orders, it wasn't a huge difference in price but a couple bucks could have been saved nonetheless.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I made a mistake on my first order, I placed an order for 4 movies when I should have done two separate orders, it wasn't a huge difference in price but a couple bucks could have been saved nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

you should give customer service a call, given you have the time to spare

i did the same thing and just got off the phone with them - they were really great about it and fixed it

There's some good stuff there, as well as some good prices. However, I don't think there's anything THAT great of a deal there to jump on.

It seems like most of the movies aren't even in stock anymore. I wonder how long it'll take them to ship an order since they're pretty slow to begin with.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It seems like most of the movies aren't even in stock anymore. I wonder how long it'll take them to ship an order since they're pretty slow to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for them to ship my Orphanage and Neverending Story from the last BOGO Warner sale(which are both in this sale as well)

I added all the WB blurays that are part of the sale to my cart and only Golden Compass is in stock. I wish there was an easier way to tell.

order 1: Boogie Nights & Leon: The Professional [total 21.88, fantastic price for these 2]
order 2: Groundhog Day & Messenger: Story of Joan of Arc [14.55 for both, i wouldve paid 10$ each!]

overall this is a great sale for me, 4 movies i really wanted to own on BD for $10 or less. i am thrilled i checked CAG on my day off ;)

i dont really care they are in stock, i am patient and this is a great price! whether it comes next week or in 3, i will watch them asap all the same!

[quote name='freshzen']Ninja shipped right away for me...I hope it doesn't suck.[/QUOTE]

it's actually pretty entertaining for a low budget action flick! def. worth the cheap price on this sale.

[quote name='Flea']How long can I expect to wait for all 4 of my out of stock movies to ship?[/QUOTE]
I can't tell you for sure, this is my second time placing an order on deep discount. The first time was a few weeks ago, waited like 2 weeks for Chuck Season 2 to come into stock, ended up canceling the order a week ago and looking at their site now it still says that item is out of stock, seems like 3 weeks is more then enough time to get an item back in stock.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ I placed an order on Aug. 14 from DD and still haven't gotten it. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yup that was the date I ordered Chuck Season 2, canceled it like 2 weeks later, item still not in stock.

I picked up CJ7 along with Paprika. I've been waiting forever for CJ7 to drop in price, but it doesn't seem like it will happen. So getting a good movie for free along with it was enough for me to pull the trigger. I just hope I don't have to wait forever for Paprika to come back in stock.

[quote name='Flea']How long can I expect to wait for all 4 of my out of stock movies to ship?[/QUOTE]

2-4 weeks

depends on demand and the item. may be too long for some. but if youre like me, and have enough shit to watch & do anyhow, you dont mind waiting on a great price

[quote name='postulio']2-4 weeks

depends on demand and the item. may be too long for some. but if youre like me, and have enough shit to watch & do anyhow, you dont mind waiting on a great price[/QUOTE]

This is kinda how I feel. I bought Boogie Nights and Snakes on a Plane about 2 and a half weeks ago now, and they still haven't shipped, but I've got enough on my plate and I've seen both movies that I don't mind the wait since it was about $22 total for both.

DD does have good prices, though their shipping on backordered items tends to suck. I've waited out items on backorder for 6-8 weeks in some cases, mainly because the price was that good.

Yeah, I rather like DD's long shipping times for stuff that's just gonna go into my backlog. I mean, if you find a better price, you can cancel the order right? Kind of like a low price gurantee, but for any store or sale you run into in your life.

i ended up placing 5 orders i think. i don't mind the wait for the most part, although i would like boogie nights asap! with football season starting, my movie viewing time is going to be severely cut down, so as long as they get here by february! =p

I tried to hold out, but wound up placing two orders, for a total of 4 movies. My movie and video game backlog is like a prostate medicine commercial; I have a growing problem...

[quote name='msu89dawgs']My movie and video game backlog is like a prostate medicine commercial; I have a growing problem...[/QUOTE]

graphic

Good lord. I just got e-mail confirmation that one title of the six I ordered (seven titles if you count Chuck from last month) is ready to go, which means I'll be lucky to see it in about 2-3 weeks. Still haven't heard anything about two other titles that their website says are still in stock. Who knows how many months I'll have to wait for the out-of-stock titles.

Is deep discount known to sale repackaged items? Paprika and Resident Evil Degeneration came in today. Paprika has a Y fold seal, while RE: Degeneration looks like it was shrink-wrapped.

[quote name='mitnosi']Is deep discount known to sale repackaged items? Paprika and Resident Evil Degeneration came in today. Paprika has a Y fold seal, while RE: Degeneration looks like it was shrink-wrapped.[/QUOTE]

some movies are like that. including dvds and games.

bread's done
Back