*Dead* Logitech G5 Laser Mouse $27 SHIPPED After MiR

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
:pc:G5

Rebate

Note: When the G9 was up for rebate (eventually coming down to $20 after rebate), many of the eligible retailers had a see-saw battle for lowest price. You may want to sit on this for a few days to see if you can't get the best deal.
[quote name='Rhett']Just an update to anyone who has waited to buy... small movement. Newegg is now the same price as Amazon, this only matters because they offer free 3 day shipping, whereas my amazon's free shipping wasn't going to ship for a week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076

It's no $10 drop but it's certainly better cheapass shipping =P[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice on waiting I think. I got bit by buying early on the G9, and the price dropped another $7 (which I eventually got them to refund, but it was a hassle). I'd give it a few days to see where the price settles at, unless it just hits a level you can't pass up on.

This is my favorite mouse. I am using one right now to browse the site. :D
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='SportInjectionR']I highly recommend this mouse, it is max ill. I have been using it for approx. a year now and it is definitely the best mouse I have ever owned.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I picked up a G9 off the rebate sale just as a backup mouse, but now I think I'll pick up a second G5 just because it's that good. Make sure you pick up a Steelpad to use with this mouse. You'll never use anything else again.

I'm currently using a G7, from an amazon sale a looong time ago (got it for $16 after all rebates), and it's in dire need of replacing (didn't get it replaced through warranty...meh) ... why is the G5 better than the G7? G5 has two side buttons instead of one, and it has a weight cartridge.

I thought the G5 was a predecessor, not the next evolution, is it supposed to be better?

Edit: I notice this is wired (awesome!)

think I may just order without waiting :D tired of changing batteries twice a day.

My MX518 mouse started getting flaky last week after only owning it about a year. I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks OP.

Ugh, I just bought one of these 3 weeks ago. Shoulda waited.

The G5 is an awesome mouse though. I tried out the MX518 first but I didn't like the smooth finish on it because I've got sweaty hands and some mice end up feeling like grabbing a wet bar of soap after a while. The G5 has a great feel though and I love how you can adjust the weight. Plus it works perfect on my Mac despite the fact that it isn't supported by Logitech with any software for OSX. How does it work? Must be magic!

I own this mouse and it is the best mouse I ever owned.

Although if you are buying this mouse install the software and then do a google search for the uber mod for the setpoint software. It adds a bunch of features that you can use to program mouse buttons that are awesome.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Although if you are buying this mouse install the software and then do a google search for the uber mod for the setpoint software. It adds a bunch of features that you can use to program mouse buttons that are awesome.[/QUOTE]
This. Setpoint is one of the worst drivers ever written.

[quote name='norkusa']Plus it works perfect on my Mac despite the fact that it isn't supported by Logitech with any software for OSX. How does it work? Must be magic![/QUOTE]

Does the thumb button work?

I have a G9 and had to use Steermouse (great software, btw) to get all my buttons working on OS X.

I have a G5, too. Got it primarily because I wanted a heavy mouse and the weight cartridge turned me onto it. (I maxed out the weight cartridge, btw, and it's still a tad light for my tastes) It's quite good although I never use the DPI adjustment or side bars. The important stuff (reliability, accuracy, button and scroll feedback, quality) are all top-notch though and I'm glad I got it. Definitely worth the extra few bucks over another optical, and wired is just plain better than wireless for gaming.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Is this better than the MX revolution[/QUOTE]
Yes. I have the VX Revolution (the MX's little brother, same features) and although it is convenient to have wireless in some places, most of the time I just pull out my corded (blue) G5. Also I have been using the G5 since the first one (orange colored) came out and still have it and use it for my desktop computer. Great Mice all around.

I just got my MX and I'm not as ecstatic about it as some people are. I replaced my mx700 with the MX Rev, and I think I'll be happier with G5 body. While I'd prefer wireless, it shouldnt be a problem, no more charging.

My Mx Revolution seems to keep my monitor awake. (does that make sense) , either way I hate that feature. my monitor has a blue light when on, with mx700 it used to go orange and save energy, mx Rev only allows screen to go blank but light stays blue so energy is still being drained.

[quote name='Rhett']I'm currently using a G7, from an amazon sale a looong time ago (got it for $16 after all rebates), and it's in dire need of replacing (didn't get it replaced through warranty...meh) ... why is the G5 better than the G7? G5 has two side buttons instead of one, and it has a weight cartridge.

I thought the G5 was a predecessor, not the next evolution, is it supposed to be better?

Edit: I notice this is wired (awesome!)

think I may just order without waiting :D tired of changing batteries twice a day.[/QUOTE]

Most people just prefer the G5 I think. I don't think there are any particular reasons as they are almost exactly the same. My G5 only has one side button (a back button), so I think 2 side buttons is only on the newer models. Just stay away from the G9.

I'll wait for it and hope it get's lower. I have an older model with only one thumb button and that doesn't work anymore so I need a new one. :D

[quote name='PrototypeM']I'll wait for it and hope it get's lower. I have an older model with only one thumb button and that doesn't work anymore so I need a new one. :D[/QUOTE]
The rebate only runs through this week, so it's starting to look doubtful since there's been no movement on any front. :\

I bit, don't want to risk not getting a leet mouse for less than half of MSRP (atleast on amazon)

It's kinda ugly though...wish you could remove the blue "cover" and buttons, maybe buy new ones... My G7 is silver and jade green, it's sleek. This looks like a kid designed it...

Oh well, it's a good mouse :D

[quote name='Rhett']Just an update to anyone who has waited to buy... small movement. Newegg is now the same price as Amazon, this only matters because they offer free 3 day shipping, whereas my amazon's free shipping wasn't going to ship for a week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076

It's no $10 drop but it's certainly better cheapass shipping =P[/QUOTE]

+1 for you man. i have $40 credit at amazon and was only paying $2 in the end but using new egg and CASHBACK, and MIR , this beats amazon. cancelled amazon order and reordered with Newegg.

almost forgot to mention that amazon was taking a week to ship mine and now newegg will ship faster and i will get my item sooner.

Good Deal Rhett!

[quote name='NegativeZero']+1 for you man. i have $40 credit at amazon and was only paying $2 in the end but using new egg and CASHBACK, and MIR , this beats amazon. cancelled amazon order and reordered with Newegg.

almost forgot to mention that amazon was taking a week to ship mine and now newegg will ship faster and i will get my item sooner.

Good Deal Rhett![/QUOTE]

Cash back? from what? If I need to cancel my order a second time, I will! :p

Edit: Only cash back I can find is 2.5% from Bing, which doesn't really warrant it for me. Oh well, atleast we get our mice much, much sooner.

[quote name='Rhett']Cash back? from what? If I need to cancel my order a second time, I will! :p

Edit: Only cash back I can find is 2.5% from Bing, which doesn't really warrant it for me. Oh well, atleast we get our mice much, much sooner.[/QUOTE]

yes the cash back from Bing, was only about a $1.00 but for we Cheap Asses, that's an extra dollar for a used/new Cheap Ass game.

But getting out mice much faster is a definitely a plus.

[quote name='NegativeZero']yes the cash back from Bing, was only about a $1.00 but for we Cheap Asses, that's an extra dollar for a used/new Cheap Ass game.

But getting out mice much faster is a definitely a plus.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha, but yeah...faster....

Ordered mine at 11:30AM this morning (22nd) and it's already shipped. Take that, Amazon!

Got it today, and using...

The entire mouse, especially the sides (the black part, where your thumb would be) is gritty, like a soft rubber/plastic. It's kinda weird, and the main part of the mouse that's black and blue is also textured, but soft. I imagine it'd just take a little getting used to.

Currently using 3 4.5g weights, seems pretty comparative to my G7 with the battery in.

I recommend it if anyone needs a new mouse, especially gamers.

Nice got mine today too and hooked it up first thing , I'm liking it. I lost the open new window center scroll wheel click thing with the MX REV and now I have it back with the G5.

Threw in 2 1.7g's and a 4.5g to start, I'm sure I'll end up adjusting but so far so good.

[quote name='AgentMOO']Great mouse but once you go wireless you don't go back ;)[/QUOTE]

Nah, you can go back but every once in a while you'll end up tugging the mouse away from the pc with no luck.

[quote name='Jodou']:pc:G5

Rebate

Note: When the G9 was up for rebate (eventually coming down to $20 after rebate), many of the eligible retailers had a see-saw battle for lowest price. You may want to sit on this for a few days to see if you can't get the best deal.[/QUOTE]
i just want to say thank you much for posting im glad i waited this out and did get this mouse the last time it went on sale

[quote name='Redemption33']i just want to say thank you much for posting im glad i waited this out and did get this mouse the last time it went on sale[/QUOTE]
NP, mate.

A mod can move this to GY, since it's expired now.

bread's done
Back