(DEAD) LOTR: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Extended Edition] $39.99

Well this is the email I received back from them today about the digital copies request:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Warner Bros. Digital Copy offers. The Digital Copy offer is a limited time offer for DVD or Blu-Ray products purchased near its initial release date. The offer’s expiration date is specifically stated on (a) the outside packaging of your DVD or Blu-ray disc, (b) the insert, (c) the Digital Copy disc, and/or (d) the redemption site. Please note that sometimes one website will advertise as having a specific item, but that does not mean that another website will have the exact same item available.

In order to verify the validity of your Digital Copy offer, please respond with the following information:

•Please provide us with scanned copies of the front and back of the packaging so that we can confirm the details of your Digital Copy offer

Thank you for contacting Warner Bros. Customer Support.
-WB Digital Copy Support Team"

I took a couple photos on my phone and also included in the pics a slip of paper with my name and claims numbers on it. I'm hoping theyre not going to make me out as an idiot with a reply saying "as you can see there is no digital copy offer shown on the back of the packaging, yadda yadda yadda...", but rather them wanting these photos as proof of purchase in case they think im trying to scam them out of free codes.

[quote name='eastx']Just picked up all 3 separate Extended Edition movies at Target for $30 + tax.[/QUOTE]
Me, too! :) I won't be opening them until after the holiday craziness just in case someone else happens to offer the real set for

[quote name='jcp42877']Well this is the email I received back from them today about the digital copies request:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Warner Bros. Digital Copy offers. The Digital Copy offer is a limited time offer for DVD or Blu-Ray products purchased near its initial release date. The offer’s expiration date is specifically stated on (a) the outside packaging of your DVD or Blu-ray disc, (b) the insert, (c) the Digital Copy disc, and/or (d) the redemption site. Please note that sometimes one website will advertise as having a specific item, but that does not mean that another website will have the exact same item available.

In order to verify the validity of your Digital Copy offer, please respond with the following information:

•Please provide us with scanned copies of the front and back of the packaging so that we can confirm the details of your Digital Copy offer

Thank you for contacting Warner Bros. Customer Support.
-WB Digital Copy Support Team"

I took a couple photos on my phone and also included in the pics a slip of paper with my name and claims numbers on it. I'm hoping theyre not going to make me out as an idiot with a reply saying "as you can see there is no digital copy offer shown on the back of the packaging, yadda yadda yadda...", but rather them wanting these photos as proof of purchase in case they think im trying to scam them out of free codes.[/QUOTE]

You should have explained you wanted codes on principle, not on actual merit. :D

But yeah, I think they actually are trying to see if you're entitled to the DCs. It seems that if they were just trying to validate ownership they would have asked for a scan of the receipt.

[quote name='bobbyblane']Are the Target extended editions an older release? I've checked 2 stores now, and couldn't find them anywhere[/QUOTE]

They just came out, so it's possible all stocks don't have a full inventory of them yet.

Target 2 Disc Extended Edition will not be FOUND in Electronic Department. You only SPOT it around Clothes & Shoes Department with tons DVDs TV box set for $10 Each.

[quote name='Kazuya']You should have explained you wanted codes on principle, not on actual merit. :D

But yeah, I think they actually are trying to see if you're entitled to the DCs. It seems that if they were just trying to validate ownership they would have asked for a scan of the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Haha..well I'm trying to stay courteous on all levels. I'm still hopeful though. Anxiously awaiting that email tomorrow haha.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Wait wait wait.....whaaaaaa? I hadn't heard about this. Are you referring to the DVD's or Blu-rays? Because I've been watching for a sale on these: http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Ring...UTF8&colid=1OMRCQL0UCY2&coliid=I3D7NU0DUUQHBA[/QUOTE]

Those are basically what you get in the box set. The Target ones are two disc bare-bones releases, just the extended movie and none of the special features.

So has anyone's order from BB shipped out yet? Mine has been stuck in the preparing phase since this morning, otherwise I would've cancelled and grabbed one with Amazon today.

[quote name='Kerig']They're most likely hiding in a display in the girl's clothing section. Seriously. They're in a cardboard "Beat The Rush!" display, but NOT the one in the electronics section. My store had the LOTR sets even facing inwards towards the clothes on the bottom row so the only people who will see them without prior knowledge are teenage girls and creepers.

Also: Picked up Cabin In The Woods BD on secret sale for $8 while I was there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly where I found them too. And sweet deal on Cabin the Woods. I really shouldn't have bought it on launch day as I've only watched it once since then... But it doesn't hurt to support such a great film, I suppose.

Well I just got another reply from wbdigitalcopy's support team. They emailed me with digital codes for all 3 Extended films :D

Just wanted to say that I also got all 3 codes for the extended films. They didn't even ask me for photos of the receipt and discs even though I had them ready.

I just submitted my request, and it appears as if they have automated the entire process. I did not even receive a response, just a code in an e-mail.

Actually, I received too many code e-mails:

3 emails with different codes for the Fellowship Extended Ed.
2 emails with different codes for the Two Towers Extended Ed.
3 emails with different codes for the Return of the King Extended Ed.

So, it looks like I have some digital gifts for my relatives!

Aaaand still waiting on my set. Ordered on the 19th, shipped on the 23rd and the UPS tracking still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Oh, and just for a bit of reference, the games I ordered from them early Thursday morning will be here tomorrow. -_-

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']I just submitted my request, and it appears as if they have automated the entire process. I did not even receive a response, just a code in an e-mail.

Actually, I received too many code e-mails:

3 emails with different codes for the Fellowship Extended Ed.
2 emails with different codes for the Two Towers Extended Ed.
3 emails with different codes for the Return of the King Extended Ed.

So, it looks like I have some digital gifts for my relatives![/QUOTE]

Where/who do we email about the codes? I bought the set on Amazon last year, and didn't really have anything to put a digital copy on until August of this year (about two months after the codes expired).

[quote name='GDB']Where/who do we email about the codes? I bought the set on Amazon last year, and didn't really have anything to put a digital copy on until August of this year (about two months after the codes expired).[/QUOTE]

http://www.wbdigitalcopy.com/support/

You'll have to choose the movies individually: if they screw up and send you three emails, check the title of the email: the movie in the subject is the code it's for. So 3 emails for Fellowship are three copies, not all 3 films.

I made that mistake. >.

[quote name='Zerok']Aaaand still waiting on my set. Ordered on the 19th, shipped on the 23rd and the UPS tracking still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Oh, and just for a bit of reference, the games I ordered from them early Thursday morning will be here tomorrow. -_-[/QUOTE]
What does it say on Amazon's tracking? I had a pair of sunglasses last year, the UPS site said the same thing while Amazon said it left origin facility. It missed delivery date & they ended up having to ship me a replacement pair & gave me a credit. It never did show up to be sent back, went MIA somewhere along the line.

If it misses Amazon's shipping estimate, next day shoot them an email & they'll tell you to wait a day or two in case of shipping delay & then they should ship you a replacement if it hasn't arrived by the date they gave you. At least that's what they did with me when I had a shipment disappear.

[quote name='geeknhard']What does it say on Amazon's tracking? I had a pair of sunglasses last year, the UPS site said the same thing while Amazon said it left origin facility. It missed delivery date & they ended up having to ship me a replacement pair & gave me a credit. It never did show up to be sent back, went MIA somewhere along the line.

If it misses Amazon's shipping estimate, next day shoot them an email & they'll tell you to wait a day or two in case of shipping delay & then they should ship you a replacement if it hasn't arrived by the date they gave you. At least that's what they did with me when I had a shipment disappear.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy order, not Amazon.

I'm finally getting my trilogy from Best Buy tomorrow after ordering it on the 19th...

That being said, I'd return it in a heartbeat if the sale at Target is still going on. Wish I had known about it because I already have the extended DVD extras and would love the cheaper price and The Hobbit cash. What are the chances I could still get them there?

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I'm finally getting my trilogy from Best Buy tomorrow after ordering it on the 19th...

That being said, I'd return it in a heartbeat if the sale at Target is still going on. Wish I had known about it because I already have the extended DVD extras and would love the cheaper price and The Hobbit cash. What are the chances I could still get them there?[/QUOTE]

I believe the regular price on the discs showed up as $13 instead of $10, which was a sale price. But I haven't looked for them this week.

[quote name='Zerok']Best Buy order, not Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I'd wait 4 or 5 business days after they shipped & shoot BB an email then, would be reasonable for UPS Ground to make delivery or update tracking info in that time. They should give you a timetable on when they can do something about a possible lost shipment & resend it.

I've had the "shipping label created" for tracking info until the thing was delivered before, holiday season IIRC, but less than a handful of times in the hundreds of UPS deliveries I've had over the years & the one time was the lost package. BB should take care of it if it's doesn't show up in a reasonable time frame & the tracking info is not being updated.

[quote name='geeknhard']I'd wait 4 or 5 business days after they shipped & shoot BB an email then, would be reasonable for UPS Ground to make delivery or update tracking info in that time. They should give you a timetable on when they can do something about a possible lost shipment & resend it.

I've had the "shipping label created" for tracking info until the thing was delivered before, holiday season IIRC, but less than a handful of times in the hundreds of UPS deliveries I've had over the years & the one time was the lost package. BB should take care of it if it's doesn't show up in a reasonable time frame & the tracking info is not being updated.[/QUOTE]

It actually updated earlier today, now saying it'll be delivered tomorrow. Just gonna blame this one on UPS considering one of my packages from Amazon got delayed from today to tomorrow because apparently there was some fuckup at the warehouse.

Edit: Now the stuff that was out for delivery today will be here tomorrow because of a driver error. The fuck is going on with UPS?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jling84']Just wanted to say that I also got all 3 codes for the extended films. They didn't even ask me for photos of the receipt and discs even though I had them ready.[/QUOTE]

Does the codes only work for itunes/WMP

The awesome wizard and action film their main theme around a lost ring of lord of the rings awesome video effect, different types of powerful short and astonishing fighting action bring the amaze in the movie.

[quote name='jasonaldean']The awesome wizard and action film their main theme around a lost ring of lord of the rings awesome video effect, different types of powerful short and astonishing fighting action bring the amaze in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Lol wut?

[quote name='jasonaldean']The awesome wizard and action film their main theme around a lost ring of lord of the rings awesome video effect, different types of powerful short and astonishing fighting action bring the amaze in the movie.[/QUOTE]

YES. These movies definitely bring the amaze. :D

bread's done
Back