(DEAD) Madden NFL 10 $9.99 @ Micro Center B&M

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wonder if my local Best Buy would pricematch despite the fact I have no Microcenter in my state. Could be a crapshoot.[/QUOTE]

haha, try it! you could always say, 'they just opened one up on the corner of __________ and ___________' and have the game page displayed on your phone too.

Micro Center is really surprising me lately. After picking up Elite Beat Agents for $3.50 and Halo Wars LE tempting me at < $20, I might actually start going in to Micro Center every few weeks to see if anything new has dropped. My MC has about half the clearance separated and the other half randomly distributed (and stuff like Elite Beat didn't even have a clearance tag, that was just its regular price), so it's tough to find the deals.

10 copies left in MN.
Ordered a copy online using the Pick up option.

Shockingly, they also have the Data Transfer cable available as well for 19.99 (only one available). For anybody who might need one for the new Slim. Just a heads up. Not sure if it comes with the disc. I'm not sure you if need one for the transfer to a slim.

[quote name='sunnysky']10 copies left in MN.
Ordered a copy online using the Pick up option.

Shockingly, they also have the Data Transfer cable available as well for 19.99 (only one available). For anybody who might need one for the new Slim. Just a heads up. Not sure if it comes with the disc. I'm not sure you if need one for the transfer to a slim.[/QUOTE]

Any XBox that has the New XBox Experience dashboard on it does not need the cable as the transfer software is built into the dashboard now.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Ordered 1 and just picked it up. Thanks OP! The perfect yearly price for my Madden fix.[/QUOTE]

You do know that Madden 2011 comes out next month? Which by then you can probably find Madden 2010 for that price anyways.

[quote name='tears2040']You do know that Madden 2011 comes out next month? Which by then you can probably find Madden 2010 for that price anyways.[/QUOTE]

duh. I think everyone in america knows madden 11 is coming out.

But if you don't care about minor updates, madden 10 is a good price new at $10.

I think that tears2040 was trying to point out that Madden 10 will be about that price, with more frequency, when 11 comes out. Though, I'm not sure why he'd point that out as emeraldgsl has already picked up a copy.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I think that tears2040 was trying to point out that Madden 10 will be about that price, with more frequency, when 11 comes out. Though, I'm not sure why he'd point that out as emeraldgsl has already picked up a copy.[/QUOTE]

I know. But as of today, it's still a deal, yeah? I don't see sports games hit $5 until it goes 2 years old.

This thread was made for the deal. Not about when it's gonna be less because of next years iteration. Until august comes this is still the most current version of the game. No need to TC someones choice of getting in on the deal.

Madden 11 will also be the 1st madden game where you have to input the code on the manual to play online so it might not be worth it for some folks to upgrade to madden 11.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']
Madden 11 will also be the 1st madden game where you have to input the code on the manual to play online so it might not be worth it for some folks to upgrade to madden 11.[/QUOTE]

OUCH. That's a very good point.

Madden 10 is absolutely worth $10, especially because there's no way I'm getting Madden 11. But its too bad you can't order it online...maybe you could try a pricematch scam but it would most likely not work. Most gamers know that there isn't a MC anywhere in the area.

[quote name='confoosious']duh. I think everyone in america knows madden 11 is coming out.

But if you don't care about minor updates, madden 10 is a good price new at $10.[/QUOTE]

Your an idiot. Madden 2011 comes out in less than 30 days so anyone wanting to stay current would not buy this game.

[quote name='tears2040']Your an idiot. Madden 2011 comes out in less than 30 days so anyone wanting to stay current would not buy this game.[/QUOTE]

Not EVERYBODY picks up the game every year as soon as it comes out.
Many of us like to get a copy every few years or so. Personally, I will NEVER pay more than $10 for a madden game. Never have, never will.

[quote name='sunnysky']Not EVERYBODY picks up the game every year as soon as it comes out.
Many of us like to get a copy every few years or so. Personally, I will NEVER pay more than $10 for a madden game. Never have, never will.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I like the game but don't consider myself an avid fan so I rather get this with slightly outdated stats/players than pay $40+ for the 2011 copy, granted I'm sure people who follow the sport religiously will obviously want the newest and latest, but for everyone else this is an awesome deal for a "New" copy.

[quote name='tears2040']Your an idiot. Madden 2011 comes out in less than 30 days so anyone wanting to stay current would not buy this game.[/QUOTE]

You don't know how to read do you?

1) i get madden every year because i can
2) some people don't care to get the latest. I said for them it was a good deal if they didn't care to get the latest madden.

Is that level of logic beyond your little brain?

Not sure how people get upset and insult others for picking up this game since it's last year's version. I think of it this way: Why pay $60 when I can pay $10 and just update the rosters myself? If you need all the new "features" or can't figure out how to swap players then I guess you need the current version. Or you don't mind paying $60 each year which is fine. I havent payed full price for a sports game in years. To each his own. Let's leave it at that.

[quote name='emeraldgsl'] Or you don't mind paying $60 each year which is fine. I havent payed full price for a sports game in years. To each his own. Let's leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

That too. I don't understand why people also think the ones who pick up madden every year at $60 are idiots.

I wonder why people care so much about how other people spend their money.

I would also say if you want to see how the new madden will play for 11, try the ncaa 11 demo. They have changed the way the game controls (don't even really have turbo button anymore) and try the demo of last year's madden and see which you like more.

tears what are you jabbering about now?

I never pay full price for any game. I got it for $60 from Amazon with trade-in credit, and I'll get $20 off my next purchase. Which means pretty much I'll never have to pay more than $40 on a game on release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leopaw']Actually Gamestop charges $24.99 for a USED copy of Madden 10 for the 360. [/QUOTE]

yeah yeah, I meant just give it a year or so more and it'll be that price or close. Found nothing but sports titles Friday when looking for filler for the RDR, a few madden's were in there..

There are a lot of Madden players (myself included) who play it for the single player franchise mode. In that case updated rosters don't matter at all because you've probably changed the rosters beyond all recognition anyway.
I still wish this was PS3 too though :) Oh, well. I'll just wait a couple of months!

maybe someone should move this thread to the graveyard, since it appears to be dead, because it's back up to $29.99 on their website...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back