[DEAD] Madden NFL 2012 (360) $9.99 Newegg Daily Deal

Thanks for the heads up. As nice as M13's new physics engine is, they took so much stuff out of the game, feature-wise, I'll go ahead and grab this for my Franchise Mode fix.

[quote name='randogu']Thanks for the heads up. As nice as M13's new physics engine is, they took so much stuff out of the game, feature-wise, I'll go ahead and grab this for my Franchise Mode fix.[/QUOTE]

Franchise mode is still there. It's the coach option in career mode.

[quote name='randogu']Thanks for the heads up. As nice as M13's new physics engine is, they took so much stuff out of the game, feature-wise, I'll go ahead and grab this for my Franchise Mode fix.[/QUOTE]

While I still think Madden is a joke, franchise mode is better in 13 than 12.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']No it's not. They completely ruined trades and free agency.[/QUOTE]

How? I haven't seen any problems.

[quote name='Bmvc1']How? I haven't seen any problems.[/QUOTE]
Trades are now weighed based on how players fit a team's scheme, which sounds good, but it ends up being terrible. There's a YouTube video online of a guy offering Aaron Rodgers to the Bucs for Josh Freeman. Bucs said no. He also offered Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and a 1st to the Colts for Coby Fleener and a 3rd. Colts said no. I offered 3 1st round picks for Aaron Hernandez. Pats said no.

Free agency is a complete mess. There is no way to reject a contract once a guy accepts it. If I'm trying to sign a TE and Graham and Gronk are free agents, I'd offer them both a contract trying to get one of them. Since you have to advance week by week, they could both sign and you'd be screwed with 2 big money TEs.

Free agency also ends without notice. I got to the last week of free agency and had offers out to about 4 players. I advanced a week to see if they would sign and free agency was magically over. Not only did those players sign elsewhere, but since free agency ended, I wasn't even able to try to sign a backup plan. My next opportunity to add a free agent came during preseason.

Also, no fantasy draft.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Trades are now weighed based on how players fit a team's scheme, which sounds good, but it ends up being terrible. There's a YouTube video online of a guy offering Aaron Rodgers to the Bucs for Josh Freeman. Bucs said no. He also offered Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and a 1st to the Colts for Coby Fleener and a 3rd. Colts said no. I offered 3 1st round picks for Aaron Hernandez. Pats said no.

Free agency is a complete mess. There is no way to reject a contract once a guy accepts it. If I'm trying to sign a TE and Graham and Gronk are free agents, I'd offer them both a contract trying to get one of them. Since you have to advance week by week, they could both sign and you'd be screwed with 2 big money TEs.

Free agency also ends without notice. I got to the last week of free agency and had offers out to about 4 players. I advanced a week to see if they would sign and free agency was magically over. Not only did those players sign elsewhere, but since free agency ended, I wasn't even able to try to sign a backup plan. My next opportunity to add a free agent came during preseason.

Also, no fantasy draft.[/QUOTE]

That does suck, hopefully they can patch it.

Did they ever patch the problem in 12 where the free agency pool filled with fake players due to the expanded rosters?

[quote name='Bmvc1']That does suck, hopefully they can patch it.

Did they ever patch the problem in 12 where the free agency pool filled with fake players due to the expanded rosters?[/QUOTE]
Not sure. I barely played Madden last year because I was sick of the same old gameplay.

It sucks that they screwed up franchise mode this year because this was my favorite Madden in terms of gameplay. I already traded it in because I don't play online.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Trades are now weighed based on how players fit a team's scheme, which sounds good, but it ends up being terrible. There's a YouTube video online of a guy offering Aaron Rodgers to the Bucs for Josh Freeman. Bucs said no. He also offered Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and a 1st to the Colts for Coby Fleener and a 3rd. Colts said no. I offered 3 1st round picks for Aaron Hernandez. Pats said no.

Wow that's awful.

damn, probably would have jumped on this too. Not a fan of how they've treated franchise mode since 05 (which I still own) but wouldnt mind new rosters.

Franchise mode is the best part of madden to me, next to MUT. fuck EA for changing it. Guess Ill pick up 13 for $10 around this time next year, unless 14 goes back to how franchise mode should be.

bread's done
Back