(dead) Mario Kart DS for $23.99 from Outpost

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just got my weekly Outpost email and they have Mario Kart DS for $23.99 on pre-order...! (it shows $34.99 crossed out on both the email and site, when you add to cart it's $23.99)

The $6+ shipping and tax kind of kills the deal in California but I'm sure someone can figure out how to make this work for them. :)

(not sure if it's a price mistake or what, that's a pretty big discount)

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4461956?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

edit: looks like price is back to $34.99 as of 11/15.

Great deal, too bad I spent all money this week on Guitar Hero and Office Space collector's set.

Edit: Damn that is $100 to best buy in one week...

With shipping and tax in IL, it's about as much as the crossed-off price. I hope the Red MK Bundle will be on sale when it first comes out, but I doubt it.

whoa, they really get you on shipping, though.

They want $18 to go to Hawaii, damn. I miss the days when Outpost had free overnight shipping, even outside the continental US...

Has anyone ever pre-ordered and then ordered something else in stock as well? What I'm trying to figure out is if I pre-order the game and buy some other stuff as well if they would only charge for shipping once and if they would ship everything at once or wait until the pre-order comes in

Not a good deal online, but a good sign to those with a Fry's near them. After the TRU B2G1 sale, seems like all these November games just sprung up outta nowhere.

Hmm, I save $5.98 by buying this... How long does this deal last? Only until the end of this Saturday? It is a bit tempting to save $6.

I know this is going to be $25 in the Fry's ad sometime... so I might as well wait, price match at CC, and grab the game for about $23-24 after everything's said and done.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Has anyone ever pre-ordered and then ordered something else in stock as well? What I'm trying to figure out is if I pre-order the game and buy some other stuff as well if they would only charge for shipping once and if they would ship everything at once or wait until the pre-order comes in[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Kuon earlier this year and at the same time bought several $0.99 t-shirts. The shirts shipped before the game did but I was not charged twice for shipping.

I don't mean to turn people away from outpost.com (well, maybe I do) but they have terrible shipping service.

I remember MGS3 was also listed at an insanely cheap price (I think it was $34 for pre-order) but outpost.com ships it really late. So I recommend just going into the store on 11/15 rather than waiting for the game to come to your mailbox two weeks late.

It is not that bad a deal. I mean everyone goes ape-crazy over the $5 GGC and this would save me 6.65 over the retail price.

However if you preorder from outpost you are in for a wait. Everytime I have ordered from them, I usually get the game about 7-9 days afters it's release date.

[quote name='onikage']I pre-ordered Kuon earlier this year and at the same time bought several $0.99 t-shirts. The shirts shipped before the game did but I was not charged twice for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, in that case I'm going to order it and look for some other stuff. I have so many unplayed games I don't mind waiting a little bit after the release date to get it.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']worst deal........ after tax ans shipping it comes to the exact retail price[/QUOTE]

Way to post the same comment twice. I seriously hate you. :D

They usually take awhile to ship too, I was shocked over the 6.77 shipping price. Does anyone know if any stores will have it for $30 when it comes out?

Wow, I may never order from Outpost again. I tried to put some free shipping item in my cart, and the shipping remained the same. If you add 2 items that aren't free shipping, the shipping DOUBLES! This is crazy. Usually sites only add one or two bucks to additional items. Crazy...

Ouch. Thought I'd try my luck at the shipping calculator and it came up pricey for me too. Darn... :cry:

The deal, for me, is good since I live in a crap-hole town and you can't buy games in town here (at least new ones you can't, just old ones overpriced).
I'll take advantage of this, but I'll cancel if they don't ship next week.

I'm giving the overnight shipping option a go on this one.

I figure even with the $5 coupon at BB and no clear sale price yet, it's better for me to spend a few bucks to see if I can get it on release day than have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday for Best Buy to have it in.

[quote name='rolandvon']This will be on sale at Fry's for sure. I'll use the ad to price match at Circuit City.[/QUOTE]
Make sure, though, that they put a price and not "Low Price Guaranteed," or else you'll have to make the extra trip. Had to for my Metroid Pinball.

*shakes fist at Fry's ad* CURSE YOU!!!

It's official, I HATE Outpost.com. I went ahead and ordered the game and now they e-mailed me saying that it's out of stock and they don't know when new shipments will be coming so if I keep the order I could be wait WEEKS before they ship it. Same exact thing happened when Indigo Prophecy came out.

Problem is that the game is $37.45 (inc. tax) in stores, which is $8 more...

[quote name='vulcan300']Make sure, though, that they put a price and not "Low Price Guaranteed," or else you'll have to make the extra trip. Had to for my Metroid Pinball.

*shakes fist at Fry's ad* CURSE YOU!!![/QUOTE]

I've PMed with that before at CCity and Best buy a ton of times. I just explain how the "Low price guarantted" is pointing to the price.

Got this e-mail on Wednesday:
Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is (number).

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by
calling customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST, (International
customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us at
[email protected]. If you choose to cancel your order
we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which
you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.
"

Weird they would say it is out of stock considering it has never been in stock yet

Yoshi / Dem - don't freak out yet. That is standard procedure for outpost. The games I've pre-ordered, I've gotten the games before they notified me that they are in back "in stock".

Cool, good to know. I never pre-ordered from them before so I wasn't sure what to expect about when it would ship when I saw the e-mail

hey arent they releasing 2 versions of mario kart? 1 with just the game and the other with the game and the usb wifi connector?

i really wanna play mario kart online since i dont have a wireless router im really going to need that usb wifi connetor!

No, they are not bundling the USB Wi-Fi adapter with any copies of Mario Kart

The only way to get the adapter is through Nintendo.com's online store

Has Mario Kart DS shipped for anyone yet? My order is still on backorder, as is the website.

I'm getting close to just cancelling everything and trying to get one of the Xbox 360/$10 off $29 coupons from BB today and picking it up so I have it for the long weekend here in the US...

No. I called them twice, they said by the end of the month... I've already cancelled mine yesterday and bought one from bestbuy...

[quote name='ccval']No. I called them twice, they said by the end of the month... I've already cancelled mine yesterday and bought one from bestbuy...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. Now I have to figure out if I mind waiting a few days...

I preordered Mario Superstar Baseball from outpost.com, and it arrived in just a few days. I also preordered Advance Wars DS, and it took an extra 3+ weeks to ship, so I cancelled my order. I guess Outpost is hit-and-miss with these things.

Figures, they got them in stock.

I checked my order this morning, saw it was still backordered, went to BB a little bit ago, got the $10 off $30 coupon, bought Mario Kart, came back and my MK:DS shipped from Outpost!

The woman on the phone was nice when I called to try to cancel the order; she assured me they'd refund ALL shipping charges if I refused delivery, which I fully don't believe, but since she told me I'm just going to go ahead and do that, and let Outpost/American Express fight it out if she was full of crap.

So for those of you on the fence on cancelling, hold out, as Outpost probably shipped yours today, or will tomorrow.

Just wanted to add that it's back in stock at $29.99 w/free shipping, so it might be nice for folks who live in states that aren't taxed by Outpost or don't want to deal with the Best Buy coupon stuff (like me).

bread's done
Back