Dead Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 Collectors Edition Online at Gamestop + $10 off code

Very nice catch, especially with the promo code. I cancelled my previous Gamestop order and went with Amazon, but I would have actually saved around $1 with this even with tax and shipping.

I wonder if these are returns or cancellations from those who were scared that it is not as limited as they thought?

I actually went into Gamestop store today (MI) since all the stores shown low supplies and was told today is when they release any pre-orders not picked up or cancelled orders to the public. I am hoping these are just left overs from cancelled orders and this is a limited edition. It seems the PS3 version is still available and easy to obtain from Amazon, Kmart, and some Gamestops.

[quote name='kylerg']Tax and shipping kills. But at least you get a copy.[/QUOTE]

It's normally $79.99 - with code, tax, and upgrade to ground shipping, I got it for $81 and change. Umm...pretty good if you ask me.

bought one, thanks OP. code offset shipping and tax for me

On a related note: does this CE come shrink wrapped? Or just sealed by a sticker?

[quote name='gospelman']bought one, thanks OP. code offset shipping and tax for me

On a related note: does this CE come shrink wrapped? Or just sealed by a sticker?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how all retailers are doing it. Mine from Amazon came in a plastic bag which was then placed inside a box.

The game itself as well as the outer cardboard box is NOT shrinkwrapped

[quote name='gospelman']bought one, thanks OP. code offset shipping and tax for me

On a related note: does this CE come shrink wrapped? Or just sealed by a sticker?[/QUOTE]

It is sealed with clear stinkers on both sides.

[quote name='GBAstar']would be great if I wasn't blacklisted from Gamestop.com.

Thanks though OP. Good for the rest of you[/QUOTE]

I am banned as well and they won't tell me why.

I'm pretty sure my Amazon shipped copy just has 2 stickers sealing up the sides. Unless I was overzealous when I tore open the box.:bouncy:

Sticker, no shrink wrap.

The metalbox and artbook are sealed with a sticker. Mine removed some of the printing. Not pleased. Any ideas whose tree I should bark up? It's an expensive item to be damaged by opening carefully. Also, the 360 bar code sticker that is normally on top of the cases is stuck on the front of the metal box. Stupid.

[quote name='Stinker101']It is sealed with clear stinkers on both sides.[/QUOTE]

thanks to you and gbastar / ninjabenja for the replies. that's what i was thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am banned as well and they won't tell me why.[/QUOTE]

I was told it had been lifted but I was obviously misinformed.

If they decided you are "reselling" they will ban you. They don't have any criteria as to what a reseller is but they are the judge and jury.

I can't figure out if they have an automated program or if it is someones job to flag orders.

When the Sony 7.1 headsets first came out I bought three of those. As well as two of the Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition for PC. They were both in seperate orders.

Those are the only items have bought from Gamestop.com and my account was flagged.

My opinion is that if they want to limit quantities then do it as Amazon does any physically limit the number that can be added to your cart during checkout.

Besides I thought the point of a business was to move items.

Went ahead and picked up another copy since it came to $77.65 when all was said and done. Now I can compare the two I will have and open the one that looks in the best shape because I can see some chips on the case with the Best Buy copy I picked up.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']The metalbox and artbook are sealed with a sticker. Mine removed some of the printing. Not pleased. Any ideas whose tree I should bark up? It's an expensive item to be damaged by opening carefully. Also, the 360 bar code sticker that is normally on top of the cases is stuck on the front of the metal box. Stupid.[/QUOTE]
Hm happened to mine too :/ I was opening it pretty slowly as well. Also did anyone else's steelbook look like it was used? It was scratched and smudged all over.

yea that would figures right after i got BestBuy order me a copy i find out i could just go down the street and pick up a copy...... grrrrrrr..

oh well i still got a copy. and thats all that matters. now i just need to best ME2 again and i will be good to go

The slipshod quality of these "steelbooks" is because they're steel tins and not actual steelbooks. Comparing the ME2 book and the ME3 book there is considerable difference between the two.

I JUST picked up a regular edition yesterday, local GS was still holding all their CE's for pre-order customers. Decided I wasn't really interested in the LE after having to deal with ME2's steelcase nearly cracked my discs every time I wanted to take them out. And now I'm reading that ppl who got the ME3 LE are having the exact same issue, with some forced to use nail clippers on a few of the spindle-tabs to make removal easier!

That said....I'm still tempted because, ya know...bonus content...

Thanks OP! I waited too long the other day when Amazon had some copies, and waiting too long the first time CE was available...snagged this one. Much appreciated, dude.

Damn, I'm so ready to jump on this, but I don't know. I already have Mass Effect 3, still sealed, so I might just wait to see if my closest gamestop has any cancelled preorders.

I spoke to Customer service to inquire if this is new stock or pre-order cancellations. GS CS stated these are indeed limited and the stock online is a result of those pre-orders who CC were declined, address information incomplete, and cancelled orders. Once they are gone, they are gone. CS also verified mine is in the shipping process.

Thanks OP. $80.16 with tax and cheapest shipping method. Only .17 more than Amazon and Newegg were I ordered from also(still waiting for it to be shipped). Now I will just cancel one or both of those of those once I get the official confirmation that it goes through.

Anyone having problems ordering this? I tried but it keeps saying that my billing address is unable to be confirmed. I am strictly using store credit I have though. This is annoying.

Grabbed a copy to eat a decent chunk (just a shade under $80 after tax + shipping) of my accumulated GS credit. Thanks OP!

With the code and cheap shipping I'd be paying $73.48...Makes me glad I was able to successfully pre-order and pickup at my GS midnight release as the playtime so far has been infinitely worth that extra $6.

However, great deal for anybody who has missed out on the CE so far

Thank you OP!
I just order the Mass Effect 3 CE online. The shipping sucks, but the $10 off promo still makes it worth it to ensure a copy.

I also just left Gamestop store and they said that they should release the game within 48hrs if people dont pick up, but said all copies were already paid off, so they will wait until next week.

I paid $92 :(. Anyways just wanted to say GameStop actually sent me a very good copy. No dents whatsoever. Def better than what gohastings and amazon sent me.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Hm happened to mine too :/ I was opening it pretty slowly as well. Also did anyone else's steelbook look like it was used? It was scratched and smudged all over.[/QUOTE]

Front of my PS3 copy was a little scratched up. Wasn't too happy about that.

where the heck do you enter the promo code at? I'm at the screen right before confirming and haven't found a place to put it yet.

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']where the heck do you enter the promo code at? I'm at the screen right before confirming and haven't found a place to put it yet.[/QUOTE]

On the first screen in your cart you add it lower middle.

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']where the heck do you enter the promo code at? I'm at the screen right before confirming and haven't found a place to put it yet.[/QUOTE]

Its the screen that shows the price. Then it shows enter reward # and below that says add promo

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone ordered from Gamestop before?
Just wondering how this will be packaged...
Hopefully mines dont come up dented,etc[/QUOTE]

Inordered from amazon GameStop and gohastings. GameStop was by far the best condition.

bread's done
Back