[Dead] Metal Arms 4.99 @ Best Buy is back.

Ah you're right, it does say backorder. Usually when its out of stock it'll list that on the page, right now it says Add to Cart.

YES! Thank you. I was about to shut down my computer and head home for the day, but I thought, "I'll just refresh the CAG homepage one more time." I'd surely have missed it (again) if I had waited until I got home.

Yeah, it says it is on back order, but I'm not letting that discourage me. The fact that they brought it back from the dead is a good sign, and I have had some (not much, but some) luck with BB backorders.

Its says its on backorder and it wont arrive till 8/2 (at the latest).

Since I'm in no hurry, I decided to buy the game anyways.

Got one, it was on backorder though. Whats this game like, I just saw that it had over 8.0 on IGN so I figured I'd get it.

F'N finally. I came upstairs to change a dirty diaper and I still had the gaming deals page up. I hit refresh right before I decided to change the diaper and only 4 people had looked at the post. Finally got mine thanx to a crappy diaper. LOL

Thanks OP and whomever else found this, been waiting for this one for a while. never got around to buy it at 19.99 in store then they where gone.

also: stop mentioning backorder and how it might not come. your ruining all the happiness.

Thank you much!!!
I had to order by phone since I forgot my password and I sent for an email reminder but I never got it, but the phone thing worked so, :D

[quote name='CheapyD']I gave it a shot, but only because I know BB is losing money on it and I only have 1 Xbox game.[/quote]

LOL.

I got in on the backorder action as well.
I've been watching this one for a while and I guess we got a little hope.
Now I wonder just how many people were able to order it via a backorder and if they'll all be filled?

[quote name='jbroush99']I got in on the backorder action as well.
Now I wonder just how many people were able to order it via a backorder and if they'll all be filled?[/quote]

Its a $5 gamble. Thats nots so bad when you think about it.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='jbroush99']I got in on the backorder action as well.
Now I wonder just how many people were able to order it via a backorder and if they'll all be filled?[/quote]

Its a $5 gamble. Thats nots so bad when you think about it.[/quote]

It's not even a gamble. It's not like they're going to charge you regardless whether they have it in stock or not.

Backorder usually means that the games are on order. Perhaps coming back from bestbuy stores of from their warehouses. FINGERS CROSSED TIGHTLY.

[quote name='Rubberlegs']F'N finally. I came upstairs to change a dirty diaper and I still had the gaming deals page up. I hit refresh right before I decided to change the diaper and only 4 people had looked at the post. Finally got mine thanx to a crappy diaper. LOL[/quote]

Damn, you must really be a dedicated gamer. Have you considered setting up a system so you can sit on the toilet while playing? Put a refrigerator close by and you'd be able to go all day non-stop!

I just got an e-mail from best buy saying that the game was backordered and would be shipped by 7/23/04. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.......

They took my order and I'm inclined to think they'll make good on it.

This should be a lesson to some of the whiners. This is about the dozenth time I pursued getting a good price on this game and only now has my desire been fulfilled. They can take a month to deliver if necessary. It will still be a good game in mid-August and I've plenty others to hold me over.

[quote name='epobirs'] Have you considered setting up a system so you can sit on the toilet while playing? Put a refrigerator close by and you'd be able to go all day non-stop![/quote]

That would be great for a day or two, or until you get a massive onset of hemorroids!

Warning : I ordered this on July 3rd from BB.com and still haven't gotten it. I called them and they said to wait until the 24th to get it, and if not, they'll either ship me out another copy of it for free or they'll refund my money.

I'm sure I'll get it, but be warned.

[quote name='peteyrose']But they can't charge you until it ships right? So what's the big deal.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, Bestbuy holds the money while the game is on backorder and then if they cancel it refund the money to you. I could be wrong though, I just seem to remember people complaining about that policy when bestbuy.com had the big 4.99 sale awhile back

[quote name='peteyrose']But they can't charge you until it ships right? So what's the big deal.[/quote]

They claimed it did ship, on July 3rd, so yes they charged me. But I still haven't gotten the game. So maybe it's still on it's way, but I've ordered from them before and never had it take this long.

did you guys do the store pickup option? I just did and the BB near me have it. Looks like I'll be picking the game up once the store-pickup e-mail arrives =)

I ordered one too. Thinking of going to Circuity City tomorrow and have them PM it for me. They did tofay on PoP for me. Thanks to the OP!

And now I'm a regular. :)

[quote name='nba4life2k']I did 2 orders of 3 each so I bought 6 total. not bad for 30 bucks. I hope it doesnt get cancelled.[/quote]

If it's on backorder, don't get your hopes up. I think this is the grand finale for Metal Arms on the BB website, let 4000 people order the game and cancel all of them.

I don't know why you ordered 6 of them....what's that all about? You probably have a better chance of getting it by just ordering one.

bread's done
Back