[DEAD] Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita) $30 + Free Shipping

Guess I'll get in on this since I missed Gravity Rush. MGS 2? :/

Does the first game have no merit in the franchise anymore?

[quote name='Xerxes']Guess I'll get in on this since I missed Gravity Rush. MGS 2? :/

Does the first game have no merit in the franchise anymore?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your question. The first game is still considered important, and highly successful. I think a lot of people here consider it to be the best or second best of the series behind MGS3. If you're referring to why it's not included in this collection...it wasn't part of the PS3 or 360 packages either. I don't think any PS1 games have been included in any collections, but I could be wrong on that. They're probably easier to release on PSN than to do remakes/remasters of them. I'm sure the technical limitations of PS1 games would require a complete overhaul, as simply polishing graphics wouldn't really do much.

Unlikely that Amazon is gonna price match that. I'll have to think about it, but I'll probably bite for that price. Plus, I missed out on the LE for PS3.

I'm still going digital though, I just want the case.

How many games comes in the Collection? In the Newegg description it says it contains 3 single player games but in the picture it only shows MGS2 and MGS3. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']How many games comes in the Collection? In the Newegg description it says it contains 3 single player games but in the picture it only shows MGS2 and MGS3. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It only includes MGS2 and MGS3. It doesn't include Peace Walker like the console version does.

[quote name='Potatoeman']MGS 2, 3, and Portable Ops.[/QUOTE]

You are slightly confused, my friend. Portable Ops is the older PSP game, you are thinking of Peace Walker.

Except that Newegg's description is wrong, and Peace Walker is not contained in the Vita collection anyway. It was in the PS3/360 release, but not here.

http://www.konami.com/games/mgshdpsvita/

"Two Epic Games in One - Featuring hours of endless fun, play through two of the treasured classics in the Metal Gear Solid universe with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater "

[quote name='captaintek3304']I don't understand your question. The first game is still considered important, and highly successful. I think a lot of people here consider it to be the best or second best of the series behind MGS3. If you're referring to why it's not included in this collection...it wasn't part of the PS3 or 360 packages either. I don't think any PS1 games have been included in any collections, but I could be wrong on that. They're probably easier to release on PSN than to do remakes/remasters of them. I'm sure the technical limitations of PS1 games would require a complete overhaul, as simply polishing graphics wouldn't really do much.[/QUOTE]

Answers what I was getting at. Still sucks. Can't use the Wii version?! And I just noticed the lack of Peace Walker.

I wish Amazon would match. I have had it preordered w/ them for awhile. Amazon is at least giving a $10 promo code and sadly I live in LA and Newegg is not that far from me so I would get charged tax where I wouldn't with Amazon. Amazon has release listed as 6/12, Newegg says 6/26. Anyone know what is correct? I am hoping for 6/12 personally. I have been waiting for this one. Time to get all the dog tags in a portable style!

[quote name='captaintek3304']I don't understand your question. The first game is still considered important, and highly successful. I think a lot of people here consider it to be the best or second best of the series behind MGS3. If you're referring to why it's not included in this collection...it wasn't part of the PS3 or 360 packages either. I don't think any PS1 games have been included in any collections, but I could be wrong on that. They're probably easier to release on PSN than to do remakes/remasters of them. I'm sure the technical limitations of PS1 games would require a complete overhaul, as simply polishing graphics wouldn't really do much.[/QUOTE]

The first one has been available on PSN for Psone for at least a couple years. I picked that up about year and half ago. I believe it was only 6 or $10 and def worth it. Once Vita patches Psone ability I will be happy. Everyone complained when the console remake came and didn't include one. I am happy it didn't. I would rather them include the games not readily available and in a way it gave ps an exclusive since they weren't made for Xbox.

A trophy question (game sites are blocked), the Vita version has separate trophies from the PS3 version correct? $30 is not a bad price, but I have to reconsider since I have this collection on the PS3...

3DS only has Snake eater for $35 so it really could be worse. At least we get the Second which is the second best (Of Solid series) besides the first one IMO.

They seriously F'd fans by removing Peace Walker and charging the same as the PS3 version.

Placed a pre-order, but I don't know if I'll keep it.

[quote name='kygad']3DS only has Snake eater for $35 so it really could be worse. At least we get the Second which is the second best (Of Solid series) besides the first one IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think you're on your own on that one. MGS 2 was the biggest disappointment/aberration in the whole series.

Kojima basically said 'got you...now spend the rest of the game playing some blonde dude and listening to his annoying girlfriend.' On top of it, that nonsensical dribble towards the end was headache inducing garbage at its best...uggh, I'll never play that crap again.
You can skip from 1 to 3 and miss nothing...

[quote name='prettycrazy']They seriously F'd fans by removing Peace Walker and charging the same as the PS3 version.

Placed a pre-order, but I don't know if I'll keep it.[/QUOTE]

The PS3/360 versions were $50.

Yeah, they could (and should) have included the Gamecube Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the first game in these HD Collections. That game was already re-made, and was a pioneer of sorts for some of the features that later showed up in MGS3. An HD version of Twin Snakes would have been awesome.

[quote name='Gators300']Yeah, they could (and should) have included the Gamecube Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the first game in these HD Collections. That game was already re-made, and was a pioneer of sorts for some of the features that later showed up in MGS3. An HD version of Twin Snakes would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

Except it had so many nintendo exclusive properties referenced in it that it would have been a total pain in the ass to rework and remove those instead of the quick cash ins these hd collections are.

[quote name='KtMack23']Except it had so many nintendo exclusive properties referenced in it that it would have been a total pain in the ass to rework and remove those instead of the quick cash ins these hd collections are.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft went out of their way to take classic Prince out of that collection...yet the actual collection brought back every glitch (and more) from the original releases. The real issue is having permission, since Nintendo (Silicon Knights was owned by them) co-developed it.

Also, in addition to Ubisoft HD Collections being glitch-ridden, the Silent Hill HD Collection proved that these aren't as easy as one would assume they are to make (it was handled by an incompetent developer and delayed multiple times, still turned out awful).

^It would be cool to see an HD version of Twin Snakes on the Wii U.

Anyway, wish there was a download voucher for at least one copy of the digital version of Peace Walker to compliment this collection.

bread's done
Back