<dead>Monoprice HDMI cables 6ft $1.99

Wow. Ordered. I keep missing deals on cheap HDMI cables, so thanks!

I like Monoprice. A while back I needed a fairly specialized cable. They didn't have it, but helped me find a place where I could order it. THAT'S customer service that I can support with my $$$.

Is that Marketplace the one where they get a whole bunch of cables, ranging from the $5 off-the-internet to the $CollegeFund Monster Cable-- then give it to the station's engineer who proves a signal comes through them all with no loss? Then they go to some tool at Futureshop who goes "Well, I can't speak for your engineer's results, but our methods tend to conclude a noticable difference in the richness of the picture quality"?

Ah, $500 ethernet cables, and wooden speaker knobs, and cable elevetors.

[quote name='psyck0']What would I need this for?[/quote]

Hooking up an XBox or PS3 (or any other modern video device) to a HD tv and getting a 1080p signal.

I've been looking for cables for a while now for my 360 and these look great.

I just have one question though, I've heard some really bad stories about buying no name HDMI cables, does anyone experiences with this brand?
Also, just to be sure, these will work with 360 right? (I though for 360 it was female & male needed?)

[quote name='Grease_Bits']I've been looking for cables for a while now for my 360 and these look great.

I just have one question though, I've heard some really bad stories about buying no name HDMI cables, does anyone experiences with this brand?
Also, just to be sure, these will work with 360 right? (I though for 360 it was female & male needed?)[/quote]

Digital signal is a digital signal is a digital signal. Grab a cup of cooca and watch the CBC video in the princesses' link above. It's worth it.

(Interesting fact: HDMI Monster cables, for a while, were significantly WORSE than the no-name alternative. HDMI cables don't have any screws to hold them into place. The monster overly-bulky "super" plugs would weigh so much that they'd pull themselves loose!)

It'll work for the 360. The 360 has a female plug, and your tv will have a female plug. The HDMI cable is male-to-male. The orgy will work.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Digital signal is a digital signal is a digital signal. Grab a cup of cooca and watch the CBC video in the princesses' link above. It's worth it.

(Interesting fact: HDMI Monster cables, for a while, were significantly WORSE than the no-name alternative. HDMI cables don't have any screws to hold them into place. The monster overly-bulky "super" plugs would weigh so much that they'd pull themselves loose!)

It'll work for the 360. The 360 has a female plug, and your tv will have a female plug. The HDMI cable is male-to-male. The orgy will work.[/QUOTE]

Sold, bought 2. Thanks for the info and thanks OP.

I worked at Visions and they really hammer home the whole "packing the deal" concept. In fact, that's where the employee themselves makes more money. I didn't make much that summer because I simply couldn't lie to customers about how a ridiculous 120$+ cable was the "better buy" over the cheap ones.

I've read (sorry lost the link) some work done by an engineer on this topic and the findings are the same. Just get the cheap ones. FS/BB and the rest of the lot should really be hammered by the Competition Act if you ask me, it's very very deceptive selling.
Yup, our most expensive cable literally disintegrated into the back of a TV, leaving the connector piece in the TV while the rest of the cable came out with nothing but fibre optic ends dangling where the tip used to be. TV would have definitely had to be sent in.

I almost forgot; all my cables at home are Monoprice and I'm going on a year with zero flaws.

Are HDMI cables only good if your tv does 1080p? My tv is only 720p and my 360 looks pretty fantastic with component cables, will HDMI be an increase in quality?

[quote name='elevature']Are HDMI cables only good if your tv does 1080p? My tv is only 720p and my 360 looks pretty fantastic with component cables, will HDMI be an increase in quality?[/quote]

Pretty much. With what you have, the only thing HDMI would add would be the ability of the movie industry to treat you like a criminal and break your stuff. It's called HDCP.

There's no point in getting an HDMI cable. You're getting the best you can get with your current rig.

I love monoprice. I bought a pile of cables from them last month that would have cost me 8 times more at the Source and they are all very hefty, good quality cables.

[quote name='elevature']Are HDMI cables only good if your tv does 1080p? My tv is only 720p and my 360 looks pretty fantastic with component cables, will HDMI be an increase in quality?[/quote]

Actually, component cables are capable of 1080p, maybe the sound wont be that great, but the picture will be pretty nice.

About those overpriced monster cables, on data transmition the bandwith does matter, mybe if they test the cheap cables with those monster cables on a really high load (not that dvd quality that they did on the video) some difference would be noticed, the truth is that for now theres no need of them, maybe in the future.

Anywho, monstercables are stupidly expensive, even the ones with lower bandwith, i have normal "cheap" cables on my ps3 and xbox hooked to my 60 inches plasma and he picture couldnt be better, i tried with monster too, and i didint notice any difference lol....havent tried a 1080p movie tho...

I'll be getting hdmi cables to get rid of that stupid component cable for the 360, it's like an goddamn octopus. it'll also get rid of the optical sound cable, which is nice. I have nightmares about tangled cables.

To all CAGs: spring for a optical digital cable for sound, it's like $30 (don't worry guys they go on sale :roll:) and if you have a surround sound system (what am I saying? :D) it makes it real gravy.

And most HDMI cables do super fine on anything below 6ft anyway, Monsters if anything are for super-pro setups. Something a CAG could not afford or spring to get (or justify anyway). EDIT: whoops zelda beat me to it.

I actually just placed my first order with Monoprice last night! I had been waiting for the Xbox 360 VGA cable to come back in stock. So when they finally did, I picked up a HDMI cable and a couple of other misc. items while I was at it. Thanks for drawing attention to this deal, OP!

[quote name='kathos']To all CAGs: spring for a optical digital cable for sound, it's like $30 (don't worry guys they go on sale :roll:) and if you have a surround sound system (what am I saying? :D) it makes it real gravy.
[/quote]

why would you use optical if you can use hdmi? the only reason why I had to use the optical cable was because the older 360s don't have hdmi out.

Off topic; But got myself an extra HDMI cable (6ft) for 9$ with taxes in a Pharamacy ( I think it was Uniprix)

Much better than those 30$ I've been paying for the last one

im getting a HDTV soon, and ive been using SDTV so far on my ps3. apprently i need this HDMI ? i looked over the prices and they go over 59.99?! i looked
at the ps3 offical one? is there a better price then this? :0 like, does this 1.99 HDMI work same as the ps3 offical one?

They're all the same Bencher. Monoprice is always a good call, but the Phillips Warehouse has HDMI cables for $4.99, which ends up being cheaper than Monoprice after you figure in shipping and currency conversion.

[quote name='kathos']To all CAGs: spring for a optical digital cable for sound, it's like $30 (don't worry guys they go on sale :roll:) and if you have a surround sound system (what am I saying? :D) it makes it real gravy.

And most HDMI cables do super fine on anything below 6ft anyway, Monsters if anything are for super-pro setups. Something a CAG could not afford or spring to get (or justify anyway). EDIT: whoops zelda beat me to it.[/quote]The optical cable is only like $4 at Monoprice. Only get it if your receiver doesn't take HDMI. Optical cable cannot do uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 sound while HDMI can. Optical can only do uncompressed 2.0 or Dobly Digital and DTS for 5.1.

bread's done
Back