[DEAD] Newegg 48-hour sale: Uncharted 3 $47.99, Battlefield 3 $47.98 and more.

Indiana Jones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Sale starts 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, Sept. 13.

NewEgg.com

:ps3: Use code EMCKAJG94 to get Uncharted 3 for $47.99.

:ps3: EMCKAJG98 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:360: EMCKAJG97 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:pc: EMCKAJG96 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:360: EMCKAJG93 to get Dance Central 2 for $37.99.

:360: EMCKAJG224 to get Kinect Sports: Season 2 for $37.99.

:360: EMCKAJG95 to get Disneyland Adventures for $37.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg keeps bringing it. Wonder how they have affected Amazon preorders.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I have never pre-ordered an item from Newegg before. Do they charge when shipped or right away?[/QUOTE]

They charge when shipped but there have been people who have said that they were charged a day or 2 ahead of shipping.

not sure if i should pre-order uncharted 3.. are there any bonus's or anything?

I still havent even played 2, i was about to finally start and my PS3 died. Ive been without one for months now and probaly wont have a new one till around the new year, if then. Can you just cancel your pre-order if you change your mind with newegg?

Think it will drop in price by then or is 47 bucks a good price?

[quote name='Kenshindono']not sure if i should pre-order uncharted 3.. are there any bonus's or anything?

I still havent even played 2, i was about to finally start and my PS3 died. Ive been without one for months now and probaly wont have a new one till around the new year, if then. Can you just cancel your pre-order if you change your mind with newegg?

Think it will drop in price by then or is 47 bucks a good price?[/QUOTE]

$47 is a good price. Lowest there is currently.

You can cancel your pre-orders.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I have never pre-ordered an item from Newegg before. Do they charge when shipped or right away?[/QUOTE]

They wait..I have Ico pre ordered from them and they haven't charged me yet.

Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports Season 2 are definitely one of the games you could pre-order and wouldn't have to worry about the shipping. It's not like those are games that need release date shipping, unless you like to dance or play motion sensor sports a LOT. The price is very awesome as well. I can't wait to try them out with my Zoom.

Newegg is good about preorders. Back when LBP got delayed because people got offended by a song and Sony made the stores send all their copies back the day before release, I remember being mad because I wanted to play the game. Newegg hadn't pulled preorders from their site yet, I got on and ordered overnight shipping. Got the game the next day.

Newegg is very good about shipping. I ordered God of War Origins from them and I'll either get it today 9/13 which is the release date or tomorrow 9/14 so it's not too bad waiting another day for $10.00 off and no Newegg does not bill until it is shipped.

[quote name='mariska']$47 is a good price. Lowest there is currently.

You can cancel your pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

thnx, the issue is i dont have a working ps3 and still have the 2nd one to play in my backlog though.

If you can cancel it though i'll bite. I wish i had on the Dark souls one, but i missed it >_<

Question: do they have any pre-order bonus? I dont see one listed. I think amazon and gamestop have some DLC junk

*edit*

blea forgot that newegg has tax, so the extra 4 dollars doesn't make this that great a deal

[quote name='mariska']If they want to compete with Amazon they need release date delivery. (Yes, its that important.)[/QUOTE]

To some perhaps. Cost is factor 1 to many though of course.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']To some perhaps. Cost is factor 1 to many though of course.[/QUOTE]

Most games I could care less about day 1 enough of a backlog to keep me going.

Already snagged Batman AC, was curious where to grab Uncharted 3 and at this price can't beat it. The pre-order bonuses are just a bunch of random weapons etc so saving the money is worthy.

Now debating on Battlefield 3....

Agree tho, release day delivery would be hawt.

Buying uncharted 3 from newegg lowest price I seen for this game and no tax is a plus dont really care about playing the game day 1 or stupid dlc skins.

I've preordered many games fron Newegg. Delivery times obviously seem to be affected by the distribution center they are sent from. Some arrive very quickly, some are a little late. It's hard not to rush out and snag a game on release day but in many cases it may mean paying upwards of $25 more with tax. That's the price of a decent used game so my money's on Newegg and maybe I won't look at what my fiends are playing on release or I'll go buy another game with the money I saved.

Went ahead and pre-ordered Uncharted 3 since I missed it last time. Hope they do Ico/SotC again since I missed that deal as well.

[quote name='mariska']If they want to compete with Amazon they need release date delivery. (Yes, its that important.)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this is true for some, but for me they have taken away six pre-orders I had previously with Amazon. I'm pretty patient and can wait the few extra days for a straight discount (which I prefer to promotional credit) and no tax. In for Uncharted 3.

Newegg ships a ton faster then amazon for me, so even if Amazon matches I'd stick with newegg. Only if Amazon beats the price would I switch. Newegg is awesome.

Mulling over BF3 and Kinect Sports Season 2. I already pre-ordered Dance Central 2... I need to check if this price is better. I think it's the same. I might actually just cancel DC2. I would like to play it, but it's trick to play dance games with kids. I can't play such games at night after they are in bed. EDIT: yep, it was the same price. Previous promo. I think I'd rather have KS2, so I may cancel DC2 and order KS2.

Not sure if it's worth going with newegg. Only save 8 bucks compared to amazon and I'm not sure if ps3 or xbox360 version of BF3 is the one to get.

[quote name='kelo360']Not sure if it's worth going with newegg. Only save 8 bucks compared to amazon and I'm not sure if ps3 or xbox360 version of BF3 is the one to get.[/QUOTE]

I feel the PS3 version might be the one to get. I'm not a fanboy as I have all the systems. The PS3 version comes with a free copy of Battlefield 1943.

[quote name='ssjmichael']BF1943 is awesome btw. I've been playing it for over 2 years now and the community is still very much alive.[/QUOTE]

Is it good?

[quote name='kelo360']Not sure if it's worth going with newegg. Only save 8 bucks compared to amazon and I'm not sure if ps3 or xbox360 version of BF3 is the one to get.[/QUOTE]

How is it only $8?

[quote name='Buzzman']How is it only $8?[/QUOTE]

Tax.

Does Newegg get the preorder bonuses like Amazon, GS, etc. for BF3? The Karkland (sp?) stuff.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like everyone gets that since it's the "Limtied Edition."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='raizanillusion']Is it good?[/QUOTE]

Yes! It's so fun to play. There's a demo that gives you like 30 minutes of play time. It's more "arcadey" than the standard BF games and it has a softer more nostalgic color palette.

The person playing the game in this video sucks, but the narration gives a good description of the gameplay and mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8XNcC0X7c

Like I said, I've been playing this since it came out and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Thanks OP. Grabbed a Battlefield 3 preorder for PC. I might or might not cancel it, depends how the game turns out. I loved Bad Company 2 though.

Okay, canceled my Amazon preorder for this sale. $8 is still $8. I don't really care about release date delivery, personally. Thanks OP.

The only thing that bothers me about UC3 is that I half-expect them to release a GOTY version later on like they did with UC2. Then again, there wasn't really anything of value included in the GOTY extras for UC2. So... hmm.

Other than that, I don't expect UC3 to fall in price much for a long time. Multiplats and 360 exclusives fall like large rocks, but PS3 exclusives tend to hold their prices at least until they become "Greatest Hits" titles.

I changed my order from Amazon to NewEgg for Uncharted 3 because of this. Yes, I lose the preorder goodies. BUT.. $65.64 vs $47.99??? That's almost a $20 savings!

[quote name='Drclaw411']Newegg is good about preorders. .[/QUOTE]

NO. They BLEW IT on my Dungeon Siege 3 pre-order. They could not fulfill it 2 days after release even, and they canceled it on me. But I can't resist the almost $20 savings over Amazon for U3 so I'm trying again. :roll:

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']They've got 7 of my preorders, including this one.[/QUOTE]

same here.
waiting for them to bring back MW3 deal

Pay close attention Amazon (yeah you Tony)! This is how you do pre-orders!!!
Just Pre-ordered BF3 for the Xbox 360 and Uncharted 3

bread's done
Back