[DEAD] Newegg 48-hour sale: Uncharted 3 $47.99, Battlefield 3 $47.98 and more.

Indiana Jones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Sale starts 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, Sept. 13.

NewEgg.com

:ps3: Use code EMCKAJG94 to get Uncharted 3 for $47.99.

:ps3: EMCKAJG98 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:360: EMCKAJG97 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:pc: EMCKAJG96 to get Battlefield 3 for $47.98.

:360: EMCKAJG93 to get Dance Central 2 for $37.99.

:360: EMCKAJG224 to get Kinect Sports: Season 2 for $37.99.

:360: EMCKAJG95 to get Disneyland Adventures for $37.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just preordered Battlefield 3 and Dance Central 2 through this. Give me a good price, and I don't mind waiting a couple days!

An important note about newegg.com. When you pre-order from them, MAKE SURE that your billing address is the SAME AS your shipping address. I’ve ordered from them many times, and I have my shipping address as my workplace (so I don’t miss out catching the delivery driver) and my billing address listed as my home address.

Their “verification” process can take up to 1 day to run through sometimes, especially when you have a shipping address listed different than your billing. After you place your pre-order, there is NO way to edit the pre-order besides cancelling it and re-doing it. And once you are out of the promotion period, you won’t be able to get your discount back on the new –preorder you create.

Even the customer service representatives will tell you the only way to fix the addresses on the pre-order is if they cancel it and you re-do it. Even then, they tell you that they cannot re-apply the (expired) discount or even a credit of the same amount to the new order.
Their suggestion to save on the “verification” process time is to call your card-issuing bank and have them save your shipping address on file on their “memo/comments” portion. Well, some banks to not have this option open for their regular bank tellers.

Sometimes all your bank can suggest is changing your “mailing” address on file for your card to show the “work/other” shipping address, and that they can keep your “physical” address the same. Apparently your bank can have both a “mailing” and a “physical” address on file that are different from each other.

Even doing the step above, I’ve had trouble with Newegg.com’s verification process. Remember: newegg.com is NOT Amazon. Their customer service is quite restricted in what they can and can’t do.

I know I am going on too much but this needs to be said to save a lot of people headaches:
KEEP YOUR BILLING AND SHIPPING ADDRESS THE SAME if you want your game to be shipped out in a timely manner without any verification holds/delays.

See link below for more information:

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=2

Ended up pre-ordering Kinect Sports Season 2. I actually canceled my previous pre-order with them of Dance Central 2. It was the same price. I just don't think I'll play it much (and I'm not keen on pop dance music). Now I'm mulling over whether or not I want to get BF3. I've barely played BF:BC2, so I'm not sure why I'd get the new one. Perhaps I keep hoping one of these FPS will stick for me... that and deal addiction. :)

[quote name='JanusZeal2']The only thing that bothers me about UC3 is that I half-expect them to release a GOTY version later on like they did with UC2. Then again, there wasn't really anything of value included in the GOTY extras for UC2. So... hmm.
[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense. Either you want the game on release or you don't. A lot of games these days, when their sales slow down and no one's buying the DLC, they repackage them together as a greatest hits lower priced release.

There was some numbskull who wrote a negative review of Bad Company 2 -- I think on Amazon -- because he bought the game on release and wasn't given all the free DLC that was given away in the special edition that came out quite some time later.

This is like the person who posts in every sales thread how it's a bad deal because you can get it used on Ebay for less.

[quote name='Geello']Newegg wins for me with no tax.

Wish I was in a state where Amazon didn't charge me 9.4% sales tax. =([/QUOTE]

A fellow Washingtonian!

Amazon tax feels bad. );

tempted to get U3, but since it comes out in November I figure I can wait a few extra weeks til black friday/weekend and hope theres a sale on the CE. props to newegg though, I'd pick this up if I didn't get charged tax.

thanks, pre-ordered BF3.

Tough decision, because I have credit with Amazon to use. But this is $12 cheaper, and I am certain I can find something else to use my Amazon credit for.

[quote name='Outrun9']is battlefield 1943 going to be in the disc or is it going to be a code?[/QUOTE]

probably a code. It's better that way imo

[quote name='Geello']

Wish I was in a state where Amazon didn't charge me 9.4% sales tax. =([/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club, man. But WA is the best state, so I don't wish I lived elsewhere. NY sucked.

Bah! Those are some awesome prices. Figured I'd go ahead and put Uncharted in there, since its not imperative I get that on Day 1 (though, Newegg is pretty fast with shipping..)

Hmm. Can't pre-order with Paypal? Have to put in a credit card?

[quote name='ssjmichael']probably a code. It's better that way imo[/QUOTE]

I hope is a code as I already have Battlefield 1943 that came with Bc2 Ultimate Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']Bah! Those are some awesome prices. Figured I'd go ahead and put Uncharted in there, since its not imperative I get that on Day 1 (though, Newegg is pretty fast with shipping..)

Hmm. Can't pre-order with Paypal? Have to put in a credit card?[/QUOTE]

Yeah because they don't charge right away and paypal would deduct automatically.

edit: never mind I was using my iphone and on the newegg mobile site it shows out of stock. I just got home and pre ordered uc3 from my pc.

Newegg is awesome but I would prefer if Amazon can match. If not, oh well. They have a warehouse not too far from where I live. :)

i just tried ordering but none of my orders show up in my account and no confirmation emails?

nvm...they have a separate preorder section

Got one of each. Thanks OP. I may cancel because I have amazon and gamestop credit, but it doesn't hurt just to pre order now to get the discount. And there are a bunch of games coming out so I can use that credit on some other stuff.

I believe they did do 12 dollars off for gears which is pretty good but I went for the 20 dollar amazon coupon because I'm sure I can use that so it was a little better.

I've got 48 dollar preorders on MW3, UC3, Skyrim, Rage (43 actually), and Arkham City....I've never done their shipping so if I have to wait a week, I'll take the 3 dollar hit with Amazon but Rage will be the first up. If they keep shipping on time and in a decent manner (by Friday of that week), I'll keep the preorders...

If not, they're gone

[quote name='Odinsfury']I believe they did do 12 dollars off for gears which is pretty good but I went for the 20 dollar amazon coupon because I'm sure I can use that so it was a little better.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but it's a bit of a trick. It's not $20 off of Gears, it's effectively $20 off of two games. I.e. $10 off each AND you have to buy two games to even get that. $12 off up front is the better deal. Alas it's moot at the moment, so I might go the amazon route too.

Just now cancelled my Amazon preorder of Uncharted 3.

Ordered from NewEgg for $47.99 instead of $59.99 Amazon price.

Since Amazon takes in your old games for credit they still come out on top over any other company (at least for me)

I am going to buy Gears Of War 3 and Battlefield 3. Gears of war 3 has a $20 gift card essentially making both of these titles $49.99.

Now if I trade in Call of Duty Black Ops that's another $23 credit.

If newegg accepted trade ins this would be killer, but as someone who buys and trades many games Amazon is still king

Just ordered BF3 with 23 hours left.

So do they actually charge my card right now or when they ship out Battlefield 3?

Newegg is great, but UPS on the other hand.... bleh. I've only bought computer parts from Newegg and UPS required signatures on all... any idea if the BF3 pre-order will require signature as well? Or will they just throw it over my gate?

Also for 3 day shipping, it only took me a day to get them. Two days for the case which was located in NJ.

[quote name='aaandthedoggies']Would have bit if it weren't for CA sales tax. Sad panda :/[/QUOTE]

ya i bit but the more i think the more i think im better off waiting for a price drop. it was about 55 bucks after tax.. not such a hot deal when i dont care about having the game day 1 (uncharted 3 for me)

was prettty good for those of you not in CA though

I love Amazon, but $12 is $12. I too cancelled my Amazon preorder today. I can wait the 3 days anyway, and the lost pre-order bonus doesn't kill me either.

Thank you, Newegg.

[quote name='Ronin187']Just ordered BF3 with 23 hours left.

So do they actually charge my card right now or when they ship out Battlefield 3?

Newegg is great, but UPS on the other hand.... bleh. I've only bought computer parts from Newegg and UPS required signatures on all... any idea if the BF3 pre-order will require signature as well? Or will they just throw it over my gate?

Also for 3 day shipping, it only took me a day to get them. Two days for the case which was located in NJ.[/QUOTE]

They charge when it ships.

As for signatures, UPS always just leave my stuff at the door except for expensive stuff/big purchase and even that sometimes they would just leave in my porch. This really depends on the neighborhood, if there are high reports of packages missing they would always require a signature.. which they did where I lived before because lots of kids would open up packages left outside.

Just as a note: Pre-order your games seperate! If you decide to cancel one, then you have to cancel all on that order!

I love Amazon, but Newegg has 7 of my pre-orders. I don't need it release day, although that would be awesome, but I do like saving money.
So if Amazon (listen up Tony!) matches these or betters them then back to Amazon.

[quote name='egonpax']Just as a note: Pre-order your games seperate! If you decide to cancel one, then you have to cancel all on that order!

I love Amazon, but Newegg has 7 of my pre-orders. I don't need it release day, although that would be awesome, but I do like saving money.
So if Amazon (listen up Tony!) matches these or betters them then back to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Tony doesn't have any control over physical game discounts unfortunately. We need an Amazon Retail Games rep here too

I preordered both Uncharted 3 and Battlefield PS3 through newegg too. I didn't cancel my Amazon versions yet, but I will if they don't meet or beat the offer.

[quote name='pukadon']I preordered both Uncharted 3 and Battlefield PS3 through newegg too. I didn't cancel my Amazon versions yet, but I will if they don't meet or beat the offer.[/QUOTE]

Same I have my Amazon preorder at ~$55 and Newegg at $48. I'm hoping Amazon at least matches because I have prime but if not I'll stick with newegg on this one.

[quote name='karamsoul']An important note about newegg.com. When you pre-order from them, MAKE SURE that your billing address is the SAME AS your shipping address. I’ve ordered from them many times, and I have my shipping address as my workplace (so I don’t miss out catching the delivery driver) and my billing address listed as my home address.

Their “verification” process can take up to 1 day to run through sometimes, especially when you have a shipping address listed different than your billing. After you place your pre-order, there is NO way to edit the pre-order besides cancelling it and re-doing it. And once you are out of the promotion period, you won’t be able to get your discount back on the new –preorder you create.

Even the customer service representatives will tell you the only way to fix the addresses on the pre-order is if they cancel it and you re-do it. Even then, they tell you that they cannot re-apply the (expired) discount or even a credit of the same amount to the new order.
Their suggestion to save on the “verification” process time is to call your card-issuing bank and have them save your shipping address on file on their “memo/comments” portion. Well, some banks to not have this option open for their regular bank tellers.

Sometimes all your bank can suggest is changing your “mailing” address on file for your card to show the “work/other” shipping address, and that they can keep your “physical” address the same. Apparently your bank can have both a “mailing” and a “physical” address on file that are different from each other.

Even doing the step above, I’ve had trouble with Newegg.com’s verification process. Remember: newegg.com is NOT Amazon. Their customer service is quite restricted in what they can and can’t do.

I know I am going on too much but this needs to be said to save a lot of people headaches:
KEEP YOUR BILLING AND SHIPPING ADDRESS THE SAME if you want your game to be shipped out in a timely manner without any verification holds/delays.

See link below for more information:

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=2[/QUOTE]

If my 'work' address has been ok in the past, won't it be ok again?

Just an fyi, I recieved god of war orgins from newegg today. Not bad for 3 day shipping to come the day after release. It was shipped from CA and I live in Utah. With their great prices the extra day wait is fine with me.

[quote name='pukadon']If my 'work' address has been ok in the past, won't it be ok again?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should be, if you haven't had any trouble before the first time. I've had trouble throughout, though. Now I always get it delivered to my home/billing address. :/

BF3 is going to be a huge release. I don't see it plummeting in price immediately. Nice deal from Newegg.

[quote name='kellte2']BF3 is going to be a huge release. I don't see it plummeting in price immediately. Nice deal from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

This game will go on sale for $40 when MW3 releases...just like last year for BFBC2. On top of that, it's an EA game. I'm really looking forward to it, but since Newegg is in California, tax kills the deal for me. And since Amazon is offering no bonus credit, I think I'll just wait for the inevitable sale.

Nice deal. But I'm going to wait for at least $40 for both of these. I know for a fact BF3 will hit $40 within a week of release. But good of Newegg to put out better prices.

Last time around I ended up preordering Gears, UC3 and Rage from Newegg. Now BF3, it's almost like Amazon doesn't want preorders anymore. My only gripe with Newegg is you can't edit your payment information after you place a preorder. Shipping isn't really a problem, I usually get it within 2 days of shipping. Wish Kmart had the preorder bonuses though.

bread's done
Back