[DEAD]NewEgg: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Xbox 360 $29.99 plus Free Shipping

Although I'm nostalgic, don't think I am dropping that much money on this one. Wonder how they will do the multiplayer... Let me change that if they leave the MP alone and keep I like it was I will probably pick it up.

Off the top of my mind only bond beat out halo in MP. Although I may be bias because I spent way too much time on halo, before I had to stop playing because of wife and kids, and won multiple tournaments on OSU campus. Although I now suck badly after 6+ years of no gaming.

On the newegg page head over to DETAILS and you'll see "Pre-order Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and get Master Chief Avatar Armor and the Grunt Funeral Skull (once activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed)"

So I'm guessing newegg has the dlc as well or the DLC is in the game itself. I'm going to wait for an Amazon PM or just wait for Black Friday promos
Great find OP

Dead deal - glad I already got mine

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCYTZT622, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

EDIT: May not work for me since I already used it once.

Thanks OP. Got mine in in time. I want the preorder goodies so any discount makes me feel better about not getting it for the $20 it should be priced at.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Dead deal - glad I already got mine

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCYTZT622, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

EDIT: May not work for me since I already used it once.[/QUOTE]

Correct, that's exactly why it's not working for you anymore. The deal is still active.

Thanks for the heads up, in for one although I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to play an old game I'm very familiar with near the peak of the holiday new releases.

[quote name='karyadi']It seems to say 3 days after release. Still a really good price though.[/QUOTE]

This is one of those games where I'm ok not getting on it's release day since I've played it a few times.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Although I'm nostalgic, don't think I am dropping that much money on this one. Wonder how they will do the multiplayer... Let me change that if they leave the MP alone and keep I like it was I will probably pick it up.

Off the top of my mind only bond beat out halo in MP. Although I may be bias because I spent way too much time on halo, before I had to stop playing because of wife and kids, and won multiple tournaments on OSU campus. Although I now suck badly after 6+ years of no gaming.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about online play much, but I do know they added online co-op.

I was so excited for this game until I learned about the reach multiplayer. What was the number one thing people begged for in the original halo? The addition of xbox live support and instead we get a glorified map pack for halo reach. No way I'm buying this just for an updated campaign with better graphics, I'll stick to the original. They dropped the ball big time on this one by not including the original multiplayer.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I was so excited for this game until I learned about the reach multiplayer. What was the number one thing people begged for in the original halo? The addition of xbox live support and instead we get a glorified map pack for halo reach. No way I'm buying this just for an updated campaign with better graphics, I'll stick to the original. They dropped the ball big time on this one by not including the original multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I'm certainly not buying it for the multiplayer, but 30 for a new release isn't bad (yes I know msrp is 40). Idk if I'm gonna get it now, I think I'm gonna wait and hope for an amazon credit deal, a black Friday deal or just some kind of sale during the holiday season

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I was so excited for this game until I learned about the reach multiplayer. What was the number one thing people begged for in the original halo? The addition of xbox live support and instead we get a glorified map pack for halo reach. No way I'm buying this just for an updated campaign with better graphics, I'll stick to the original. They dropped the ball big time on this one by not including the original multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why there's so much hate for the Reach-based multiplayer. Forge is customizable enough that I think you can do a fairly decent remake of Halo's feel. Bungie was using a "Classic" playlist (not sure if it's still up) in Matchmaking that basically used the specs from the original Halo, took our the armor abilities, and played on Forge remakes of classic maps. It felt pretty much like Halo, IMO.

I don't see why they didn't port the PC version of Halo or at least the multiplayer from it. All they would've needed to do was adjust it to work with Xbox Live. But I guess the issue would be that you would fracture players between Reach and Halo Anniversary. And, it seems like the Xbox version is the better version (in their view) because it does have co-op that the PC version lacked. The co-op is getting the online treatment.

$30 for an overrated remake to an overrated game almost everyone already has. Thanks OP, I'm in for 42.

[quote name='Blade']$30 for an overrated remake to an overrated game almost everyone already has. Thanks OP, I'm in for 42.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the always helpful thread crapping... :roll:

[quote name='imacgod']I'm not sure why there's so much hate for the Reach-based multiplayer. Forge is customizable enough that I think you can do a fairly decent remake of Halo's feel. Bungie was using a "Classic" playlist (not sure if it's still up) in Matchmaking that basically used the specs from the original Halo, took our the armor abilities, and played on Forge remakes of classic maps. It felt pretty much like Halo, IMO.

I don't see why they didn't port the PC version of Halo or at least the multiplayer from it. All they would've needed to do was adjust it to work with Xbox Live. But I guess the issue would be that you would fracture players between Reach and Halo Anniversary. And, it seems like the Xbox version is the better version (in their view) because it does have co-op that the PC version lacked. The co-op is getting the online treatment.[/QUOTE]
IDK what halo game you've played, but halo reach feels nothing like the original halo. Even if it did play similarly, the guns function very differently in each game. Having halo reach as basis of the multiplayer is an insult to the great game that Halo CE was. They don't even have to update the graphics, just give me the original with online support for the xbox and I'd gladly pay $60 for it. The forge remakes aren't bad, but they are far from the originals. I'll gladly play Halo 2's ivory tower over reflection in reach.

While I ordered it I expect to probably cancel it because of the multiplayer, going to wait for more announcements to see if they can redeem themselves.

[quote name='wune']How much is it supposed to be MSRP? I thought it was going to be an Arcade release :([/QUOTE]

Why would they do an Arcade release when MS can definitely sell it for whatever price they decide to set? ;)

[quote name='mis0']Why would they do an Arcade release when MS can definitely sell it for whatever price they decide to set? ;)[/QUOTE]

If they didn't mess with the MP then they definitely could have set their price.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']IDK what halo game you've played, but halo reach feels nothing like the original halo. Even if it did play similarly, the guns function very differently in each game. Having halo reach as basis of the multiplayer is an insult to the great game that Halo CE was. They don't even have to update the graphics, just give me the original with online support for the xbox and I'd gladly pay $60 for it. The forge remakes aren't bad, but they are far from the originals. I'll gladly play Halo 2's ivory tower over reflection in reach.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
Time playing Halo 2 Multiplayer- Over 1000 hours
Time Playing Halo 3 Multiplayer- OVER 2000 hours!!!!
Time Playing Halo Reach Multipleyer- 18 hours?

There must be something wrong

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Are you sure?[/QUOTE]

Yes man, they only charge when it ships.

I hate these questions the most especially when it comes to Newegg. Like seriously, you never purchased anything at Newegg before? You must be out of your mind because they have great deals at least once a week.

I preodered for the hell of it. I can always cancel so whatever. And as for the Reach hating, Reach was a great game and was 100 times better than Halo 3 imo. Can't say for part 2, never played it because I heard it was pretty much the same shit besides controlling two guns and etc. Then I got suckered in to buying part 3 and that was the biggest garbage game I've bought that year. What utter trash and once I picked up Reach, I fell in love. Great Campaign, one of the best Campaigns in a FPS imo and the online was fun as hell especially Fire Fight. It had variety and wasn't as boring as 3.

Again, not a hardcore anal dwelling fan, more of a hater for the series because it's overrated as hell but Reach was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Yes man, they only charge when it ships.

I hate these questions the most especially when it comes to Newegg. Like seriously, you never purchased anything at Newegg before?[/QUOTE]

Nope

Still on the fence with this game. I wish it was coming out sooner cause I'd be all over it, but the timing on this makes it tough to decide.

Thanks for posting this. In for one since I know I'm going to buy it eventually. Guess i'd rather preorder for 29.99 than get it for 29.99 on sale around christmas.

Only way I'll cancel my pre-order is if they come out with some sort of limited/collector's edition or someone adds a larger incentive beyond the Avatar armor and Grunt Funeral skull. I loved this game, spent HOURS just replaying single player missions and even more time in multi with my friends... For me, it's part nostalgia, part just that it was a great game, possibly the best in the Halo series. Personally, I see it as far as multi: Halo: CE >= Reach > 3 = ODST > 2, single was probably Reach > 1 > ODST > 3 > 2. I know a lot of people loved the multi in 2, but it just didn't feel right to me, a few of the maps were cool, but the weapons felt wrong...

[quote name='Blade']$30 for an overrated remake to an overrated game almost everyone already has. Thanks OP, I'm in for 42.[/QUOTE]

You want to be a reviewer, huh? I wouldn't quit your day job just yet......

I agree reach was waaaaay better than 3 singleplayer. Also I remember being very disapppointed by 3's graphics. I remember talking to someone who thought they were , quote "amazing!". I told them to go play Resistance: FoM from several years prior. They spent all that time making it, being a MS insider and it looked like that? Not to mention of the slew of 360 exclusive games that looked way better. I understand making the mp better but they already had the foundation.

I really enjoyed Reach. Singleplayer and multiplayer. I was never to big of Halo 2-3 MP but really enjoyed Reach's. Also, I am only getting this for its singleplayer. I could care less about the MP.

bread's done
Back