(DEAD) Newegg: Muramasa Rebirth $30, Crysis 3 $35, Dead Space 3 $30, GoW Judgment $35

[quote name='rockykai']Hmm...I think the earliest I would play Muramasa, with Rayman Origins, DKC Returns for the 3DS, Odin Sphere, maybe Shovel Knight and Anne, and maybe New Super Mario Bros. left to go...is probably in two years or so, maybe three.

I think this game would be about $20 used then, but I wouldn't mind ponying up $10 more...have to think about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about this game in relation to others like it?[/QUOTE]

The game play style is more identical to Odin Sphere as it's a side scrolling action hack and slash with some rpg elements where as the others listed are just 2D Platformers. If you liked Odin Sphere and it's art style exploring and giant bosses, this is a similar game with those elements

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeogbs19']Thanks-- Your comment is the one I hear most often. I really enjoyed 2; when I heard about 3, I was excited but then as I started to hear from people that the story felt forced and tired, I took DS3 out of my must-buy category ... I recently picked up TR instead.[/QUOTE]TR is definitely an excellent game, and I'm glad you decided to pick it up. :applause:

Don't get me wrong--at some point you should really play DS3 if only to judge for yourself how it compares to the previous two. At $20 you won't be disappointed, as the gameplay itself is still worlds better than those in many other games released today. The story is just...as you said, a bit forced and tired. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']Assuming I didn't misunderstand your post and you're suggesting PMing the $29.99 preorder price for Muramasa Rebirth at BBY, you might have a bit of...difficulty considering they don't even have a product page up for it online. :cry: Neither does Target, for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Oh.. woops lol. Was not aware of that. I'll consider getting it from newegg since I didn't realize it comes out in almost two months. Gives me time to get through my vita backlog. I'll assume there's no pre-order bonus then (if any) since I got Tomb Raider from newegg with no pre-order bonus

[quote name='Rsmobile']Muramasa was utterly mediocre beyond the graphics on Wii. Unless they have really hugely overhauled the gameplay, it scarcely merits a second look.[/QUOTE]

Not even counting the gameplay, but I swear it's been $10 in the value wall at Target since forever for Wii. I can't believe they're MSRP'ing an enhanced port for $40. Even $30 is a ripoff IMO. Sheesh.

Thanks OP got Muramasa. I dunno why people are even thinking of waiting on this. Gotta finish it in time before Dragon's Crown that comes out later.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Thanks -- have to ask about the ending -- is it one of those terrible cliffhanger endings, or is there actual closure? I need to ask; I hate sinking hours into a game (esp. given how much less disposable time I have nowadays) and then be left with a WTF at the end ...

I ask b/c I saw they created a DLC and I read about that and since I don't play DLC content (unless it comes packed on-disc), I was concerned that the stand-alone campaign story was left hanging ...[/QUOTE]

This was never meant to be a trilogy so yes it's pretty much left open ended in case there is another game to follow this. Look at what the first letter of each chapter ends up spelling after you finish the game (like in the first game did). The DLC is a continuation after the ending and has an interesting story that reincorporates Isaac's psychotic episodes, which are largely missing from the main game, so it's worth a play through.

As for the main game itself, I summarized it in one sentence when I played it at launch: It starts off more like Dead Space 2.5 and then finds its footing and feels like Dead Space for a while before going out quietly and forgettably.

[quote name='rockykai']Hmm...I think the earliest I would play Muramasa, with Rayman Origins, DKC Returns for the 3DS, Odin Sphere, maybe Shovel Knight and Anne, and maybe New Super Mario Bros. left to go...is probably in two years or so, maybe three.

I think this game would be about $20 used then, but I wouldn't mind ponying up $10 more...have to think about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about this game in relation to others like it?[/QUOTE]

The art and setting were great, but I found the combat repetitive. I wasn't interested enough in it to go through more than one of the two campaigns, and even that was a slog.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Thanks -- have to ask about the ending -- is it one of those terrible cliffhanger endings, or is there actual closure? I need to ask; I hate sinking hours into a game (esp. given how much less disposable time I have nowadays) and then be left with a WTF at the end ...

I ask b/c I saw they created a DLC and I read about that and since I don't play DLC content (unless it comes packed on-disc), I was concerned that the stand-alone campaign story was left hanging ...[/QUOTE]

It does leave a little open ended ending. The DLC is great though and adds some story as it plays after 3 ends.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I want The Last of US, I know I am getting it. I have the CE pre-ordered at Best Buy for $80. I mainly just care about the art book and the steelbook.

If I can get Best Buy to match the base game at $50, that would essentially make the game $30, where as the CE would be $60. Is it worth $30 for the book and steelbook?[/QUOTE]

I thought best buy wasn't getting it. That's good news. Now i can get the survival edition and 20 back. How much did you put down, or did you order it online?

That Muramasa is the regular version right? I still havent pre ordered it because i want the special edition but for some reason only Amazon seems to have it. Is it an Amazon exclusive or something? I really hate getting LE's from Amazon. They have been shipping them in friggin envelopes way too often lately.

Idealy i could get it from BBY or Gamestop but they do not list it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']That Muramasa is the regular version right? I still havent pre ordered it because i want the special edition but for some reason only Amazon seems to have it. Is it an Amazon exclusive or something? I really hate getting LE's from Amazon. They have been shipping them in friggin envelopes way too often lately.

Idealy i could get it from BBY or Gamestop but they do not list it.[/QUOTE]Nope, Gamestop has it: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/gam...lessing-of-amitabha-collectors-edition/109402

I very much doubt that BBY will get it, especially since they don't even list the standard version online.

i won't ever have gamestop credit and don't want to pay tax+shipping, but amazon will slap a label on the raw box and send it. what do i do...probably amazon. Aksys CEs are usually available well after launch, right?

bread's done
Back