[Dead] Nintendogs: Chihuahua (DS) $15 at Amazon (Target)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Well, check this out, I call and I ask if there's any way to bill before it ships. The guy asks why, and I say that I just wanted to make sure I got the game in case it got back ordered and they pulled it (which was a lie to cover for my real fear, that they would cancel it because it was a pricing glitch), and he asked why I'd worry about that, to which I said it had happened in the past (backorder cancellation, which never happens as far as I know), and he apologized for that "hassle" and gave me a free 5 dollar coupon. So, if they cancel it, at least I get 5 bucks off.

Sweet.[/QUOTE]

didnt everyone get something when target cancelled the LOTR game

just placed the order and had the fee waived. Thank you OP!!! I had alrady reserved this form EB but it looks like it getting rolled over to something else.

Please, people, DONT ASSUME THIS WILL STAND. Target is selling other DS games for 34.99, including the other two nintendogs version. This is obviously a glitch. We just need to hope its not caught.

anyone have an idea when sears will get it in? I think I'll try pricematching there but I'm worried that they might not get it in before amazon drops their orders/changes their prices, if they end up doing that. thanks.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store Sears will match that price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

They WILL PM this because it is through Target, and Target has B&M stores. Just hope the associate does NOT follow procedures and call it in. The biggest PM I ever got (though it was legit) was DOA Ultimate when it was 29.99 (BB) at CC for 27.xx after the 10 percent additional taken off, since it was marked 49.99 there. The girl was some asian chick who had no idea what she was doing...she took one look at a blurry print, in which you could BARELY make out the cover of the game, and then proceeded to give me the 20+ dollar discount.

Its all about who you snag.[/QUOTE]

Yep... there is some lazy employees at the Circuit City's here. I once PM'ed a month old EB ad... the employee never looked at the date, the rest of the ad, hell I don't even think she knew what company she was price matching.

I can only hope and pray this cashier works on Wednesday... I don't want the chihuahua version, but I'll just exchange it out for a different version once I buy it.

Roufuss, I was really tempted to have you get me a copy, but I don't want to spend 20 bucks or slightly more on a game I don't really have a system for...if I can get it from amazon, with free shipping, I would be willing to just have it till I have a DS.

I doubt it will go through though. Sigh.

I will complain if they cancel. I will say the guy assured me it wouldn't happen to me again (cancelled order).

We shall see.

Its interesting how much of a difference 5-7 bucks makes.

If they cancel, it's not that big a deal to me. I wasn't planning on getting this until I could get it for $20 anyway. I'd be shocked if it goes through. Wouldn't target lose a whole bunch of money on this? Chihuahua is now the top selling software on amazon.com

ordered.

I had to register here cause of the podcast and then I found this deal and wanted to know more details about it, so I figured I'd register here and all that mess.

I didn't find the deal through CAG though, but thanks to this thread, I have free shipping now (I called and got it fixed)

Other sites are onto this now. It is the number one selling game on Amazon. Game over. PM it tomorrow, guys. PM it tomorrow. That's all I can say.

I wish I had somewhere near by that PMed. Sigh.

I got the shipping fee waived also. CSR said they knew it was an "ongoing issue," and I wouldn't be charged.

I'll try and PM it from Sears anyway.

Same here.....may just go and try to have one PM'd tomm if order doesn't go thru....I too got shipping waived but I'm starting to have doubts on this actually happening....I ordered mine right after seeing first post here but this is on the front page of www.joystiq.com now......cross your fingers boys.....maybe Nintendo is just banking that most guys don't own chihuahuas and they're trying to reach out to us. LOL ....no flaming from those of you who do love chihahuas.....i am not a dog breedist or anything....

[quote name='scoobyx2']just about to order and it states that the estimated shipping date is now October 2 :([/QUOTE]

Welcome to the first page of the thread.

what do you mean by save the page? can someone post a screenshot example of exactly which page we're sposta save to get price matched?

I believe they fixed it or are in the process of fixing it as the page only has the $28 and up retailers listed now.

EDIT: Yep, definately fixed now. I am so going to take advantage of saving the page that had the $14.99 price or would that be possibly illegal? ;)

Yeah, it looks like it's listed as being available from office depot now.

I had no idea office depot sold videogames.

Estimated ship date for this item: August 29, 2005
video_games_display_on_website-blue-icon.gif
Nintendogs - Chihuahua
$28.95 - Quantity: 1 - Available to ship by August 29
Condition: new
Shipped from: Office Depot

That's the message you get if you go all the way to the last step before confirmation. Yet my personal order still says October 2nd. Though, I guess, if I get it for $16.16 I can wait on Target until then.

Important Message
We're sorry. The item Nintendogs - Chihuahua is no longer available from the seller you selected. We've moved it to the Saved Items section of your Shopping Cart. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

from office place

Estimated ship date for this item: August 29, 2005

yeah, well..................I was trying to keep optimistic about this deal. I still have my EB games reserved so I'm not out a game just out a deal if and when this thing cancels.

what makes me think they aren't going to cancel is the fact the picture had "57% off" on it. But then again if it's target's mistake, amazon won't cancel it, target has to give them the word to cancel it. Even tho amazon cancels with no reason, maybe target will honor the price?

[quote name='psincubus']what makes me think they aren't going to cancel is the fact the picture had "57% off" on it. But then again if it's target's mistake, amazon won't cancel it, target has to give them the word to cancel it. Even tho amazon cancels with no reason, maybe target will honor the price?[/QUOTE]

That % off logo is just a script. No human put it there. All autiomatic based on list price and selling price.

[quote name='PezRadar']CC wont pricematch amazon of any type.. nice try though :p

(works there)[/QUOTE]

The website is actually Target through Amazon... it's YMMV on CC pm'ing it because it depends on the cashier. Get one that dosen't care, and you'll have no problem.

[quote name='Roufuss']The website is actually Target through Amazon... it's YMMV on CC pm'ing it because it depends on the cashier. Get one that dosen't care, and you'll have no problem.[/QUOTE]

And even though its target and my original post said "of any type" that means nothing?

Cashiers cant change the price to something that large w/o manager approval.. and its not a cashier.. its actually a customer service rep :p

[quote name='PezRadar']And even though its target and my original post said "of any type" that means nothing?

Cashiers cant change the price to something that large w/o manager approval.. and its not a cashier.. its actually a customer service rep :p[/QUOTE]

I've done $20 dollar price adjusts all the time at Circuit City... they never had to call a manager. Hell, I've even done 30 - 35 dollar price adjusts. Even though they aren't supposed to price adjust Amazon of any type, I guarantee that the "customer service reps" don't care enough to actually go through the trouble of checking it out.

Like I said earlier, I've price matched month old ad's at Circuit City no problem... they didn't even check to see what store it was (I had the page opened right to the gmae... it was one of those in store EB ad's). Hell, it could have been a Fry's ad that someone mailed me for all they know.

The point is that just because corporate lays down a guideline, dosen't mean the employees will follow it. That's why these deals are generally YMMV... you either get the CSR that dosen't care about their job, or dosen't even know what the product is, or you get the smart one who knows it's the wrong price and they don't PM Amazon.

All I'm going to tell them, if they even bother to ask, is that it's Target going through Amazon, in which case they'll be like "Oh yea, Target, ok no problem".

I know the cashier I use for all these YMMV pricematch's... she seems to not really like her job, so hopefully she's working on Wednesday if I don't snag a copy from EB (which is what I'll probably do, now that the Nintendogs coupon finally showed up).

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Yeah, it looks like it's listed as being available from office depot now.

I had no idea office depot sold videogames.[/QUOTE] OD sells games through their website, www.TechDepot.com

I guess they just use the Office Depot name on Amazon, since its has much better name recognition.

Thanks for the heads up on the free shipping. I just called and talked to a nice lady named Jennifer or something, and she removed the shipping charges from the order~

On a side note..... one time they had mispriced a preorder on Ms Pacman Maze madness for .99 with free shipping, so I ordered it.... and it did come in fine (for 99 cents no less) - so hopefully they will come through on this too!

well, just waived the shipping charge on my order. it was funny, the csr was asking where did i see the free shipping notice on the product page. i went to the product page and i guess the page has been updated because it's not there anymore.

nevertheless, she didn't say anything about the order being cancelled or anything. she did keep saying "well, you know what? this order..."

so like will sears price match the receipt that you can print off from amazon's webiste...it shows what i ordered it for and the free shipping. Or do you actually have to have the ad or the webpage showing the product?

also did anyone save the page that showed that it was through target? Cuz you might need that to price match.. if you do could you post it

An email to Amazon will also get the job done for free shipping. They emailed me back saying I will get free shipping on this...within an hour after I sent my email requesting so.

[quote name='bmarquardt']An email to Amazon will also get the job done for free shipping. They emailed me back saying I will get free shipping on this...within an hour after I sent my email requesting so.[/QUOTE]

man it looks like these wont come till Oct. I mean they should of shipped by now shouldnt they

bread's done
Back