(DEAD, NOW @ $19.99) Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (PS2) or (Cube) $4.99 @ BB.com

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edited on 10/17:

Price raised to $19.99 = dead. You snooze, you loose.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02142&id=1087340763501 PS2

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6745542&type=product&id=1087342444044 CUBE (Sold Out for now)

Thanks to member zymase at ByteSizeDeals.com for the PS2 version and ME for the Cube version :)

BTW, get in on this while the getting is good as this might be an error/glitch:

Just order Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and you can pick up Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for PS2, Xbox or GameCube for just five bucks.

Follow these steps:

Choose your version of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.
Choose your version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2.
Select the "Add Items To Cart" button.

Important notes: Two qualifying products must be in your cart to receive this offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart.

As of now, this isn't the case as the Cube or PS2 versions can be ordered alone for that price.

thanks op, should be nice w/pricegrabber rebate.

well, just got an email from best buy saying item cannot be found and that they will cancel the order in eight days. anyone know if best buy can seamlessly tranfer the order to another local store without adding another pending transaction on my card, because I'm not sure if I have enough left in my bank acount to cover it? I'm assuming since they said they'll cancel in eight days, that the pending transaction will also last until then? thanks.

I picked up 2 copies of THUG2 PS2. lol its a good thing TRU was out of stock when i tried to pick it up, and i can finally get my friend off my back who used to play THUG 1 online with me all the time. I grabbed the 2nd copy for his other friend so we have more people to play with online(besides, sell him the 2nd copy for $10 bucks and mine is free :p)

BTW ive owned every THPS and THUG on ps2 and Tony Hawk series has had online play for PS2 since Tony Hawk 3 i think it was.

[quote name='sanjuro']thanks op, should be nice w/pricegrabber rebate.

well, just got an email from best buy saying item cannot be found and that they will cancel the order in eight days. anyone know if best buy can seamlessly tranfer the order to another local store without adding another pending transaction on my card, because I'm not sure if I have enough left in my bank acount to cover it? I'm assuming since they said they'll cancel in eight days, that the pending transaction will also last until then? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can transfer it to another store. You can also have it shipped for free now.

Dunno about double dipping the charge, though...

BTW, for price errors at BB.com, I always find it best to have the item shipped. The instore employees can C-block your purchase if they know it's an error and send you a notice that it's not available for pickup.

[quote name='bmarquardt']
BTW, for price errors at BB.com, I always find it best to have the item shipped. The instore employees can C-block your purchase if they know it's an error and send you a notice that it's not available for pickup.[/QUOTE]

I actually think the opposite... if you were to order today, it won't ship out until Monday (technically), which is plenty of time for BestBuy.com to notice the error and cancel your order.

However, if you ordered in store pickup, you'll be done and gone within an hour. The employee didn't look at my receipt or anything, just got the item, scanned it through, was a very simple process, no scrutiny involved here.

On another note, you can also price match this at Circuit City if you have one close to you... you'd actually get it for around 4 dollars, thanks to the 110% PM.

[quote name='Leavinhope']Just picked this up at Ann Arbor BB, got one that didn't say greatest hits on it, and Red Faction II for the PC for the grand total of $7.40. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Do they have anymore at that Best Buy?

[quote name='slidecage']not really cause i did in store pick up for those spiderman preview disc for a penny and the manager not the Best buy online part wrote in big black pen.

DO NOT SELL THESES FOR A PENNY IT WAS A MISPRINT I DONT KNOW WHERE BUT IT WAS... DO NOT SELL[/QUOTE]

I ordered 3 of those spider-man discs for instore pickup, and they just gave them to me for free.

i got my two 1 for the ps1 and 1 for the gamecube... i will probally trade one off Dont know what one yet...

i walked in and the ps2 was sitting there waiting for me but no gamecube. it took a while before someone from the back showed up with the gamecube version and the worker goes : you know this ISNT the right price and tosses (really tosses) the game to the person behind the found check out .

so i got both of the for around 10.60 could of used the BB coupons to get it free but i didnt want to risk them

[quote name='Roufuss']I actually think the opposite... if you were to order today, it won't ship out until Monday (technically), which is plenty of time for BestBuy.com to notice the error and cancel your order.

However, if you ordered in store pickup, you'll be done and gone within an hour. The employee didn't look at my receipt or anything, just got the item, scanned it through, was a very simple process, no scrutiny involved here.
[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com starts working on your order ASAP. Just because it doesn't ship out until Monday doesn't mean they don't have it all ready and dumped to ship at it's shipping partners by Sunday night.

I've had this experience happen with the Splinter Cell fiasco back in early 2004 (buy SC and get a PH for $5, however you could take SC out of your cart and the PH games would remain $5). In-store C-blocked me even though they had plenty in-stock, but my shipped orders went through fine.

However, all of this is timing based and store based...your mileage may vary based on how early you get in on the deal and which stores are on the ball or not.

Overall, I rather take my chances with shipping. Or, you could do both and let the in-store order cancel over 8 days if your order ships...

Thanks OP, I'll be picking up my copy (PS2) in-store before I go to work today.

It's worth $5 just for the Classic Career Mode.

Thanks OP - Ordered the PS2 version with Best Buy Bucks - Free - and NO TAX! Also thanks to paul6 about the pricegrabber rebate on the PS2 version... I will make money on this game. Plus it's PO at EB games - so I can trade it in for GT4... Cheap Ass Heaven!!!

I ordered online and picked up at the Northridge store in Milwaukee, WI without any problems. They are a little slow in processing store pickup orders today, as it took an hour and a half to process and email me the pickup forms.

Anyone who have ordered online with instore pickup-----

Check your reciept. They are having issues where it rings up $4.99, but then the subtotal is 14.99. The service desk needs to call up customer service and have them fix the total.

[quote name='Rihan']Anyone who have ordered online with instore pickup-----

Check your reciept. They are having issues where it rings up $4.99, but then the subtotal is 14.99. The service desk needs to call up customer service and have them fix the total.[/QUOTE]

This must be new, since I didn't have that problem this morning.

Perhaps Best Buy already started fixing the glitch?

Check your reciept. They are having issues where it rings up $4.99, but then the subtotal is 14.99. The service desk needs to call up customer service and have them fix the total.[/QUOTE]

picked mine up and it showed 10.60 on the recept.. i always check my recept on pickup every since the YS and glowlancer 10 buck deal

does it work with the 5$ off ps2/psp or mcdonald's 5.00 off coupon for in-store pickup?

nevermind, my order was just cancelled!

I had no problem. Since the order had been paid for online - there was nothing to "ring" up. They took my credit card (for verification) and driver's license and entered it into the register as picked up. I got 2 copies of THUG 2 - both free after Best Buy Bucks!

it's sold out everywhere where i live, you think if i print the web page i could get a price match somewhere?

[quote name='PapiChullo']THUG had online play as well, and I think Tony Hawk 4 did as well IIRC. But anyway, $5 for THUG2 is a really good price. It's not as good as THUG IMO, but it's not bad.[/QUOTE]

Fun fact: THPS 3 was the first online title for PS2, coming out a full year before the BB adapter hit. all the PS2 tony's have online play.

[quote name='jcp4322']it's sold out everywhere where i live, you think if i print the web page i could get a price match somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Circuit City.

I did instore pickup and they had like 20 copies of the game, grabbed the 2 i ordered along with a burnout revenege xbox demo and left no problems

can you use the mcdonalds $5 off coupon if you do in store pickup? Anyone know how much this trades in for at gamerush?

[quote name='Follandboy']OOS, Oh well, I hated THUG 1.[/QUOTE]

I no nothing about the TH. I liked TH3 and wanted either the 3 or 4th one. But from what I have seen is that THU1 is better than THU2.

But for like $7 I'll buy the game.

I bought Frogger Beyond because it was cheap too. :)

I bought two copies and my instore pickup rang up as $10.49. I think I'll keep my receipt to make sure that they don't charge it any higher on my credit card.

well, I ordered a copy for in-store pickup this morning and I get a 'not available' email two hours later. I get home a couple hours later in the afternoon and call them up and change my in-store pickup location to the other best buy that still has it in-stock, according to their website. I get an email an hour later saying that the store magically doesn't have any in-stock anymore.

I'm heading that way anyways, so I stop by the initial best buy an hour before closing and there are still plenty of copies left so I take it up to the register and pay cash for it directly, bypassing my previous online order. I guess I'll cancel that one tonight. I suggest you guys bypass bestbuy.com and stop by the B&M and buy it directly from them if you can, although they might fix the glitch tomorrow.

also:
[quote name='bestbuy.com']Store Pickup
Please wait until you receive a Store Pickup Notification e-mail before going to the store. Your credit card will not be charged until we confirm store availability.[/quote]well, it's a good thing there's not a pending charge on my account for the price of the game because I'm close to being overdraft, oh wait, yes there is. :roll:

thanks again though OP, I haven't really played a tony hawk game since part 2 came out a couple years ago on PS1, which coincidentally was also one of my first cheapass game deals(way before this site). there was some deal where you could pre-order it from kaybee for $10 or $20 less than retail, I think.

For the Best Buy (Federal Way, WA) here they still had 4 copies on the floor (GCN version) and the tag said $4.99.

I had already ordered online for in-store pickup, but was curious to see what the price at the actual store was. Picked up my copy no problem!

Thanks again OP!

Ordered it online for shipping even though it says backorderd (since THUG 2 seems like a game that would be restocked). The site said it was available for pickup but when I tried to check out it said it was unavailable.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I had no problem. Since the order had been paid for online - there was nothing to "ring" up. They took my credit card (for verification) and driver's license and entered it into the register as picked up. I got 2 copies of THUG 2 - both free after Best Buy Bucks![/QUOTE]

They take your credit card, but then they also give you a reciept to sign. On the reciept is where the error is. It will say Tony Hawk 4.99, but then the subtotal will be something else.

bread's done
Back