DEAD Now $38.54 Bioshock 2 (360) $23.54 Free Shipping Walmart.com

[quote name='tagout']Nice find, I wonder why the game is dropping so fast within three months after its release.[/QUOTE]

Because retailers and game manufacturers see that game sales have dramatically sunk.

[quote name='dominator']Oh god dammit... I still have my copy from Gamestop... SEALED! Son of a bitch.[/QUOTE]

lol I still haven't beaten it, too many games to play oh well I only paid like $34 for the PC version

that is definately a 'wow' deal for such a new game. but I still have no interest in playing tho... I guess thats why the price drop!

Not that it is much, but you can also get 5% BCB by using the search term "walmart hdtv"...should knock off at least another $1...

[quote name='beerme']This wasn't nearly as good as the first one.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much exactly the same, so I don't know how you can say this.

I hope Amazon matches this. I'm not a big fan of giving the my state more taxes. They already take lot of money from my paycheck to only give them more nope I'll pass. So come on amazon and match this already.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']I think I shall use my $20 Red Dead Redemption gift card and pick this up. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

Ill probably do the same if amazon matches, wonder if I can get the first and second for about 30$.

I don't remember game prices falling so fast. Pisses me off paying $60 and a few months the game is being given away.

[quote name='bickle']It's pretty much exactly the same, so I don't know how you can say this.[/QUOTE]

Come on dude. Would you kindly refresh yourself of the first one?

Shock value.

The story of the first can't be beaten, tho the gameplay mechanics are obviously the same. Don't bother with the multiplayer in Bioshock 2, It's really meh.
Though I am NOT saying this is a bad game. This is indeed a great game, just not as good as the first thanks to Atlas and It's a "Been there, done that!" with not a ton of improvements. If you enjoyed the first then this is a great sequel.

Getting this for less then $25 is a complete and utter steal.

Also, why is it on sale? Frontloaded. This game sold a boatload in It's first month, and like Splinter Cell will most likely only get cheaper and cheaper in the first few months.

Totally disagree. I'm on the verge of beating BioShock 2 and have enjoyed it allllllmost as much as the brilliant original. Sure, Rapture is no longer a new place to visit, but the areas are unique and the gameplay is more polished than ever. There are some very memorable sequences in the game that really add to the Rapture mythos... My only fault is that the game is still darn easy (even playing on Hard with vita chambers turned off).

Recommended at this price.

Story wise, no it is not as good as the first one, nor does it have the initial "WOW!" factor that the first one had, however, the game play is better and the added online mode is interesting if you get into it.

Got this for $18 and change new from gamestop a few days ago. I wasn't going to play it but at this price I couldn't pass it up.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Man, how are they expecting to make money off these games.[/QUOTE]I'm guessing from the $15+ in DLC they've released in the 3 months the game's been out.

Bioshock 2 is amazing. It's absolutely not a sequel - it's a side-story. It's an incredibly well-written, very personal tale about parenthood - artificial as it may be - with gameplay that's improved from the first. This and the original Bioshock are my favorite single player (yes, I know there's multiplayer in 2 - if you're buying it for that you're doing it wrong) games from this console generation.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Because retailers and game manufacturers see that game sales have dramatically sunk.[/QUOTE]

It was the #4 selling 360 game in the US in Q1, but PS3 sales seem to have been at least a third less, yet it's $38.54 on the PS3 vs. $23.54 on the 360.

[quote name='xpitch']Bought it from gamestop for $26 the other day :p oh well[/QUOTE]

The nice thing about the GameStop sale on Wednesday was that with two other games I wanted and the $20 off $80 coupon, BioShock 2 ended up being $19.50.

This seems like a decent deal, though. I wonder if a price drop is imminent.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Man, how are they expecting to make money off these games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']I'm guessing from the $15+ in DLC they've released in the 3 months the game's been out.[/QUOTE]

So true and the loads of people who bought this day 1. It seems alot of companies have figured out the money's in the DLC, hence why they have no problem dropping the price so soon after release. The more people buy the game at any price, the more people will buy the DLC at full price. You can recoup some of your cash on any game at GS or BBV (and they drop their TIVs as soon as the price drops), but they're keeping every dime of the DLC you downloaded (like Cheapy and Wombat stated, should have been in the game to begin with).

bread's done
Back