(Dead - now $43.99) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip complete (DVD set) $12.99 @ Amazon

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Swiped from SD.

Link

Is it as good as The West Wing or Sports Night? That is a matter of opinion, but the answer is no (I really liked the show, but the most of the imitation sketch comedy was cringe-worthy - thankfully, that was not the bulk of the show). Some damn good TV for a damn good price. The series didn't last long, but it was good while it lasted.

Edit: Dead, now $43.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as good as either of those but I liked it.
FWIW, my buddy picked up the old Sports Night set for dirt cheap at bestbuy now that the new one is out.

[quote name='klwillis45']Not as good as either of those but I liked it.
FWIW, my buddy picked up the old Sports Night set for dirt cheap at bestbuy now that the new one is out.[/quote]

How cheap is dirt cheap, and I wonder if it is universal. Not that it really matters to me, I've had the original release for years, and I don't plan on double-dipping unless I can get the new version dirt cheap.

i picked this up awhile ago when buy.com had the google checkout $10 thing through dd i think it was this price or less after, might have been 8.99, but still great price for a good show. i too love sportsnight paid 80 for it when it first came out and is worth every penny.

[quote name='Animal7390']i picked this up awhile ago when buy.com had the google checkout $10 thing through dd i think it was this price or less after, might have been 8.99, but still great price for a good show. i too love sportsnight paid 80 for it when it first came out and is worth every penny.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you are stating that you bought it from deep discount or from buy.com, but either way, I must have missed that deal, or I just don't recall. I used the $10 google checkout on something else at buy.com anyway, and I didn't feel right making a new account to use it again for any of the other deals that came along.

Anyhow, just for comparison, the current price at both dd and buy.com is about $42 and change.

[quote name='guessed']How cheap is dirt cheap, and I wonder if it is universal. Not that it really matters to me, I've had the original release for years, and I don't plan on double-dipping unless I can get the new version dirt cheap.[/quote] It's the original release I'm talking about. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was under $20. Look for the yellow box.

[quote name='klwillis45']It's the original release I'm talking about. I can't remember what he said exactly but it was under $20. Look for the yellow box.[/quote]

I understood that you were referring to the original yellow box release, which is why it isn't really important for me to know how much it was or if it is at all Best Buys (that still have that version). It might help other people, though.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm debating if it's even worth $13. What a mess that show was.[/quote]

If your opinion of the show is that it was "a mess", then I wouldn't recommend you buy it. Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back