[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='shrike4242']
Might also want to talk to these people, since last time I checked, $30K / 900 games qualifies as a coportate purchase and makes you a reseller:
http://www3.toysrus.com/guest/corpSales.cfm

I'd start there, and ask them to find out who the area/district manager is, so you can send along your correspondence. I'd suggest doing something written, sent certified mail with a return receipt, so you know someone took possesion of what you wrote them.[/quote]

I still think you should send the letter but if this person did indeed buy 900+ games and spend $30k, he may already be a corporate purchaser with TRU. Two of the "corporate account" perks jumped out at me:

Flexible shopping hours to meet your needs
A designated register to serve you more promptly

The flex hours could explain why he was in there before everyone else and the designated register tells me that a corp. account could just walk into any store and buy from the store, not from the TRU warehouse.

Personally, if I had $30k to invest, I'd go for stocks ...

[quote name='lilxbbtiff']so strange, my toy r us wont let me get the free game. They want me to return the 2 games first, then rebuy t hem. The two games i want might be out of stock tho.[/quote]

They have to do it as a price match, though in this case, they would need to return your two games, rebuy the very same two games you brought back into them, and rerun the transaction.

There shouldn't be any issue, and if there is, remind them of their pricematch policy, since it is an advertised sale, and their sale as well.

Anyone know if B&M stores will be getting Neo Contra? If so, I might have to purchase a $40 set of games (Neo Contra, Metal Slug 3, and....maybe Silent Hill 4?). Thanks!

what is there price match policy? i called a another toy r us and they said i can get a free game at any toys r us. im not sure if thats really true. Cause i think its a hassle to return my 2 games. I Just want to have ace combat as the free game.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I saw Neo Contra at my TRU last week before the sale.[/quote]

Me too. Saw it yesterday.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']I saw Neo Contra at my TRU last week before the sale.[/quote]

Me too. Saw it yesterday.[/quote]

Thanks guys! I didn't see it at the first one I went to, but I'll check a different TRU. If they don't have it, that'll save me $80 for the time being. :)

I have not read the entire thtread but I ran into one of these re-seller a-holes at TRU on satruday. The funny thing is I recognized the guy. He owns his onw vide game store called Head Games in Martlon Nj on route 73. He had a whole shopping cart full of games. This cart was stacked. I was like " Taking advantage of this sale to resell at your store?" jackass said "yeah can't beat this sale." Instead of causing a scene I slowly walked away releazing how pathetic some people are in this world.

SO THIS MESSAGE IS IF YOU ARE IN NJ BOYCOTT HEADGAMES .

[quote name='HSidwolf']One last thing - I was gonna get a second set of bongos at Best Buy with the GGC, but my local BB was all out. Instead, the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc. I normally avoid third party stuff like the plague, but this sounded interesting. Has anyone had experience with the Pelican bongos or heard anything about them?[/quote]

Donkey Konga lets you adjust the clap mic sensitivity, so a more sensitive mic seems pretty much irrelevant.

I "cased" the place last week and found a few games I wanted (but there were several of my top games that they didn't have). I was gonna go yesterday but I didn't have the money yet. If I go back today they're probably still have plenty of stuff right?

Basically, business-owners came in and sweeped out all the games on Saturday? I'm confused about all that.

[quote name='godzilla123']I have not read the entire thtread but I ran into one of these re-seller a-holes at TRU on satruday. The funny thing is I recognized the guy. He owns his onw vide game store called Head Games in Martlon Nj on route 73. He had a whole shopping cart full of games. This cart was stacked. I was like " Taking advantage of this sale to resell at your store?" jackass said "yeah can't beat this sale." Instead of causing a scene I slowly walked away releazing how pathetic some people are in this world.

SO THIS MESSAGE IS IF YOU ARE IN NJ BOYCOTT HEADGAMES .[/quote]

If you really want to do something, contact TRU about this guy, per the conversation earlier in the thread about a different asshat, since TRU is supposed to be stopping these people in their tracks and not letting resellers buy games. Write them and let them know about what this guy at Head Games is doing.

has anyone seen Katamari Damacy in their B&M stores? my local TRU apparently is a high-traffic store, so they get lots of new releases/special editions that other stores don't get. they have a ton of Shin Megami Tensei, Gradius V (basically harder-to-find games), but not a single copy of Katamari Damacy. I've asked a couple employees about it, no one recognizes the game. I'm curious if it might come into stock later this week, or just stick w/ the purchases I already made.

Woohoo! I got PM2, Pikmin 2 and THUG2... I'm returning THUG2 on wednesday or thursday for GTA:SA... I think... I hope they let me...

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='lilxbbtiff']so strange, my toy r us wont let me get the free game. They want me to return the 2 games first, then rebuy t hem. The two games i want might be out of stock tho.[/quote]

They have to do it as a price match, though in this case, they would need to return your two games, rebuy the very same two games you brought back into them, and rerun the transaction.

There shouldn't be any issue, and if there is, remind them of their pricematch policy, since it is an advertised sale, and their sale as well.
[/quote]

Theoretically can't you return all the games go to the R Zones pick up the 1 game you want, and tell the CSR associate that someone just returned the other 2 games you want?

[quote name='waxHead']has anyone seen Katamari Damacy in their B&M stores? my local TRU apparently is a high-traffic store, so they get lots of new releases/special editions that other stores don't get. they have a ton of Shin Megami Tensei, Gradius V (basically harder-to-find games), but not a single copy of Katamari Damacy. I've asked a couple employees about it, no one recognizes the game. I'm curious if it might come into stock later this week, or just stick w/ the purchases I already made.[/quote]

I did not see it in my TRU.

I went by my TRU this afternoon and picked up:

Paper Mario 2 (GCN)
Shadow Hearts : Covenant (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2)

They still had lots of copies of those games, but no Pikmin 2 (which I really wanted :cry: ) or Katamari Damacy. I'll probably be going back again later this week to get Animal Crossing if I can think of two other $19.99 games to get with it.

Thanks, CAG :)

[quote name='sying'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='lilxbbtiff']so strange, my toy r us wont let me get the free game. They want me to return the 2 games first, then rebuy t hem. The two games i want might be out of stock tho.[/quote]

[/quote]

Theoretically can't you return all the games go to the R Zones pick up the 1 game you want, and tell the CSR associate that someone just returned the other 2 games you want?[/quote]

No, in my reply, I meant that you would use the very games you're "returning" to get the pricematch done right. As it's a pricematch, they're not doing any inventory changes, though they do have to rering it, because of the register's programming on how it handles it.

[quote name='Ondo'][quote name='HSidwolf']One last thing - I was gonna get a second set of bongos at Best Buy with the GGC, but my local BB was all out. Instead, the sales guy told me about the Pelican bongos which many people think are actually better than the Nintendo ones because they have a bigger diameter and more sensitive clap mic, etc. I normally avoid third party stuff like the plague, but this sounded interesting. Has anyone had experience with the Pelican bongos or heard anything about them?[/quote]

Donkey Konga lets you adjust the clap mic sensitivity, so a more sensitive mic seems pretty much irrelevant.[/quote]

Agreed. 10% larger heads aren't going to do much for you. And increased sensitivity in this case is more of a weakness than a strength. I immediately had to ease down the sensitivity of the mic on the OEM bongos because it was registering some of my chuckles as claps during my wife's perfomance of Wild Thing.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Tybee...nice avatar. Fan of Nuetral Milk Hotel are you?[/quote]

Aye. Can you believe they weren't included in Donkey Konga? ;)

Still, we got Rock Lobster, which surprised the Hell out of me.

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='chickenhawk']Tybee...nice avatar. Fan of Nuetral Milk Hotel are you?[/quote]

Aye. Can you believe they weren't included in Donkey Konga? ;)[/quote]

Yeah, what a crock!!!! I might have to return my copy!

[quote name='waxHead']has anyone seen Katamari Damacy in their B&M stores? my local TRU apparently is a high-traffic store, so they get lots of new releases/special editions that other stores don't get. they have a ton of Shin Megami Tensei, Gradius V (basically harder-to-find games), but not a single copy of Katamari Damacy. I've asked a couple employees about it, no one recognizes the game. I'm curious if it might come into stock later this week, or just stick w/ the purchases I already made.[/quote]

Haven't seen that game either. My TRU had a lot of the other newer games like Neo Contra and Blood Rayne 2.

[quote name='lilxbbtiff']I need some help .I bought 2 games at toy r us on saturday. Can i go to any toy r us and pick the 3rd game free? Im asking this cause my local toy r us is making me return the 2 games i bought then re-doing the whole deal. I dont want to do that cause im afraid they wont have the 2 since it might be sold out.[/quote]

No, you can't, or at least I'm pretty sure that you can't. You could ask them if you could return the games and buy them back immediately to take advantage of the deal.

Got to TRU today and started to look around for different games. Just wanted a few 20 dollar games for now. Noticed alot of games missing and half the gamecube section was gone. Then I noticed a guy at the register unloading a basket of games. Must have been at least 100+ games up there! Lots of repeats. Including 3 Donkey Kongas that he just grabbed from the side. One of the things I overheard him say was "I wish I had known earlier".

I don't mind someone trying to make a dollar, but as a gamer it gave me a sick feeling.

[quote name='CheapyD'][/quote]

Thats freakin' nuts.
Too bad you didn't have a camera.
We should start a photo gallery of greedy bastards that we find while we are shopping.[/quote]

That's an excellent idea. I'll bring a disposable camera with me where ever I go. I went to TRU yesterday and got Paper Mario 2, Donkey Konga, and Fable.

[quote name='"godzilla123"']I have not read the entire thtread but I ran into one of these re-seller a-holes at TRU on satruday. The funny thing is I recognized the guy. He owns his onw vide game store called Head Games in Martlon Nj on route 73. He had a whole shopping cart full of games. This cart was stacked. I was like " Taking advantage of this sale to resell at your store?" jackass said "yeah can't beat this sale." Instead of causing a scene I slowly walked away releazing how pathetic some people are in this world.

SO THIS MESSAGE IS IF YOU ARE IN NJ BOYCOTT HEADGAMES .[/quote]

I saw some woman do this at walmart a few months back. She literally had a whole cart load of cheap crappy movies.

Plenty of stock left at the Times Square TRU. I didn't want 3 games myself but went in with two co-workers. I got Paper Mario, and my co-workers got Burnout 3 and X-Men for Xbox.

On a somewhat amusing note, the cashier tried to rip me off....I can't swear that he did it on purpose....our games rang up to be 114 and change. What I had in my hand added up to 110 and my friend was looking for singles, he had 3 but that's all. So he whipped out another 20 and the guy took it and counted everything again and said "120" and handed me back a 5. I admit I was kinda tired, it was after a hard day of work....but I was like HELL no...he recounted 120 again...and I was like let me see that....he recounted a third time 130 and handed me back my other $10. I am pretty sure he tried to pull a fast one...

[quote name='PhrozenFire']I "cased" the place last week and found a few games I wanted (but there were several of my top games that they didn't have). I was gonna go yesterday but I didn't have the money yet. If I go back today they're probably still have plenty of stuff right?

Basically, business-owners came in and sweeped out all the games on Saturday? I'm confused about all that.[/quote]

There should still be a good selection of games. If you're worried, give them a call. That's what I did. I asked if 3 games were in stock and they said they were.

So was anyone able to get their hands on a GTA:SA yet? My local TRU told me they are getting them in tonight but that won't help me because I want to pick up either Ace Combat 5 or Dead or Alive: Ultimate!

Also I'm thinking of getting a GC game for my brother who only ownz LoZ: WW, Metriod Prime and Mario Kart. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of Paper Mario since its got great reviews and you can't go wrong with most Mario games.

Every gamecube owner should have those games you mentioned + F-Zero GX & Wario World ( far better than Super Mario Sunshine, but if he doesn't own that should get that one too it is still a blast). But both those games are hella cheap now....so yeah I'd go with Paper Mario 2 since you can't wait for Metroid Prime 2 to come for this sale :p.

God Damnit!!!!! I almost pull off on preorder 2 and get 1 free. I asked the girl at the register can I preorder 2 and get 1 free and she said yes. I was excited and started searching for preorder tickets for like 15 mins, then I came back and she said she just speak with the manager and said I can't preorder 2 and get 1 free. I should have just take 3 tickets and pay right away.

Hmmmm.... They Charge you $33.3 for each game on Receipt or $49.99 for 2 and the 3 games is FREE ??

I wonder cuz my local TRU don't have any PAPER MARIO 2 left.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hmmmm.... They Charge you $33.3 for each game on Receipt or $49.99 for 2 and the 3 games is FREE ??

I wonder cuz my local TRU don't have any PAPER MARIO 2 left.[/quote]

If they charged $33.33 for each game, then it wouldn't be Buy Two Get One Free, it would be All Games $33.33, which would be a much better deal.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hmmmm.... They Charge you $33.3 for each game on Receipt or $49.99 for 2 and the 3 games is FREE ??

I wonder cuz my local TRU don't have any PAPER MARIO 2 left.[/quote]

They're $49.99 each for the first two, and the third rings up at $0.00.

[quote name='jshorr']Plenty of stock left at the Times Square TRU. I didn't want 3 games myself but went in with two co-workers. I got Paper Mario, and my co-workers got Burnout 3 and X-Men for Xbox.

On a somewhat amusing note, the cashier tried to rip me off....I can't swear that he did it on purpose....our games rang up to be 114 and change. What I had in my hand added up to 110 and my friend was looking for singles, he had 3 but that's all. So he whipped out another 20 and the guy took it and counted everything again and said "120" and handed me back a 5. I admit I was kinda tired, it was after a hard day of work....but I was like HELL no...he recounted 120 again...and I was like let me see that....he recounted a third time 130 and handed me back my other $10. I am pretty sure he tried to pull a fast one...[/quote]

That's interesting. I went there today, but I resisted the urge to buy anything - that and because I had no $. It's a good thing you caught it in time. I'm going to have to be more careful the next time I go to TS. :eek:

Did he even apologize for trying to rip you off? If he didn't offer one it's seems more like an "Oh, you caught me, take your $ back" kind of thing.

So I decided to go check it out, 42nd street seemed well stocked, no GTA but I snagged KOF:MI, paper Mario and Neo Contra for 108 bucks.

I might go back for a few cheaper games later on.

I called my TRU tonight and they expect GTA:SA tomorrow. I have my pre-order down so all I have to do is pick it up and buy another game to get a free one. Hopefully, Ace Combat 5 will be there but they expect that on Weds. Thinking of gettting Fable also.

little confusion here, and may have already been addressed earlier, but, someone mentioned that if I purchase two green tags that are 39.99 BEFORE half off,a nd get a regular 39.99 game, that one will ring up for free. Is this true?

[quote name='rarebucky']For anyone in the NYC area, the Times Square TRU has tons of pretty much everything, including SMT. Just a heads up :)[/quote]

Thanks for giving props to the best Toys R Us store in existance. I was there last month and everything still had green tags on. Nothing is kept behind glass cases, theres no ticket system; no mess bs. I've scored many a cheap ass deal at that joint. I can't wait to stop by tomorrow and see what i can get.

well, I just called my local TRU in Pleasant Hill, CA, and they say they are getting GTA tomorrow, and that you are able to buy multiple copies of games, EXCEPT for GTA!!! I am so pissed can anyone confirm this??

Also, I did not preorder the game, do you think they will still have a few copies of it in around 4 pm?

Well, they sure as hell wouldn't have copies left at 4 pm if they let you pick up infinitie copies, that's for sure. You'd be surprised how many Ebay resellers would show up and attempt to buy every damn copy of that one. Yeah, it's crap, but hopefully this means better odds of people who want one getting one and not getting screwed out of a copy.

I will be heading back to TRU later this week when I have more cash, but here's what I got today:

KOF 00/01 (PS2)
Magic Pengel (PS2)
Fatal Frame (Xbox)

All were green tagged. My store has almost everything, except for three games I really want, which are Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and Shin Megami.

Today's find, more PS2 games:

Maximo vs. Army Of Zin - $0.00
Xenosaga Ep. 1 - $19.99
Devil May Cry - $0.00
Ico - $14.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Sly Cooper & The Thevious Racoonus - $9.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Virtua Fighter 4 EVO - $19.99

Total price + tax - $68.91
Total savings - $64.93

Looks like I ended up with a $19.95 and $19.99 game for free, and bought two $19.99 games, one $14.99 game and one $9.99 game. Saved $15 or so with it rung out that way. Bonus score.

So I got:

Super Mario Sunshine
Manhunt
Ratchet and Clank 2: Goin' Commando

I was hoping for Katamari Damacy, but alas, no luck.

bread's done
Back