[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

For fellow Indy CAGs...checked the Castleton TRU today.

Pretty good selection. Looked for the PS2 games that people here asked about. No Katamari Damacy, but they did have Shin Megami Tensei and Neo Contra if those interest you.

And in light of the crappy TRU employees we talk about, I gotta say the guy that works at the Castleton TRU (I think his name's Joe--looks like Craig from Malcolm In the Middle) is a really great employee.

Very helpful and nice and he knows his stuff, too. I wish more employees were like him.

I'll probably go back and get more games. Picked up three today.

I was at the Vallejo, CA TRU and they said they won't be putting GTA:SA out on the floor until Thursday which is pretty lame since they no doubt have it. I was able to get the following for today and will be back for GTA later in the week:

Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Paper Mario 2 ("Best Seller")

I already have a copy of Paper Mario 2 so if anyone wants to buy it for $38 shipped send a PM my way.

There were a few more copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne left that I'd be more than happy to pick up if someone wants them. I'll sell them for cost plus shipping. This obviously would work best if I bought 3 copies so hopefully a few people would want to jump on.

[quote name='oxidative']I already have a copy of Paper Mario 2 so if anyone wants to buy it for $38 shipped send a PM my way.[/quote]
...Wha? Why would you re-purchase a game you've already got, then sell the old one?

Anyway, back on topic. Thus far I've picked up:

Burnout 3 (XBX)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2), and

Phantom Brave (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
Star Ocean (PS2).

I'm contemplating going back later on in the week to pick up GTA, DOA, and something else, but man, that's a hard decision.

I'm going to go back around 3 p.m. on Thursday after my local Porter Ranch TRU gets in GTA, but instead of exchanging one of my 3 games purchased on Sunday, I think I'm going to pick up GTA, Ace Combat 5, and Fatal Frame 2. So if any San Fernando CAG's read this, try to leave me a copy of those games if you can.

I just hope my local TRU has DoA:U and GTA:SA, a lower traffic store but they are iffy on quanity. Anyone know whats up with DoA:U? Called my local game stores and they said its suppose to come out tommorow but it hasn't shipped yet. I did see it was just delayed a week in Japan so I hope that doesn't happen here.

Just to be sure; so if I go in today and pick up three games, would I be able to go back on the 28th and exchange one of them (unopened) for GTA:SA? If so, I think I'm going to be able to take advantage of the deal this time :D I'm thinking about picking up Paper Mario 2 and Pikmin 2 as my other two titles.

[quote name='shrike4242']Today's find, more PS2 games:

Maximo vs. Army Of Zin - $0.00
Xenosaga Ep. 1 - $19.99
Devil May Cry - $0.00
Ico - $14.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98 )
Sly Cooper & The Thevious Racoonus - $9.99 (50% off green tag price of $29.98)
Virtua Fighter 4 EVO - $19.99

Total price + tax - $68.91
Total savings - $64.93

Looks like I ended up with a $19.95 and $19.99 game for free, and bought two $19.99 games, one $14.99 game and one $9.99 game. Saved $15 or so with it rung out that way. Bonus score.[/quote]

I got VF4 Evo for $10 after Green Tag sale price last month. Made sure to get one without a sticker over the UPC.

[quote name='The Shiznit']anybody seen Simpsons hit & run for Xbox in Southern California?[/quote]

Heh...I picked that up for GCN in last year's TRU B2G1. :)

Good game. Need to go back and finish it.

Did you get you copy of GTA or was it preorder? Seems weird they are saying the 28th for this, also is the 28th the same for DOAU ?

It's looks as if TRU's sold out of the 49.99 ones and never put the greatest hits one in stock... sleeves are all empty w/ a price of 49.99.

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='The Shiznit']anybody seen Simpsons hit & run for Xbox in Southern California?[/quote]

Heh...I picked that up for GCN in last year's TRU B2G1. :)

Good game. Need to go back and finish it.[/quote]

No one seems to have DOA:U yet, despite it being released already. I'm betting most people won't be able to pick it up at TRU until the sale is over. Bummer.

My b/f was taking my friends and I to school, when he surprised me with a trip to TRU! They didn't have much, but I got James Bond EoN (GC), Maximo non-GH (PS2), and Crimson Skies (Xbox) all for $40. We ended up playing around for a long time though, and we were late for first period :lol:

[quote name='Drico']No one seems to have DOA:U yet, despite it being released already. I'm betting most people won't be able to pick it up at TRU until the sale is over. Bummer.[/quote]

I think some people have said that TRU's will get it in by Thursday. Call up your local store every day until Saturday when the sale ends. That's what I'd do.

the guy in RZone told me today that DOA should be in on thurs. I plan on calling before I show up.

as for GTA, my store got it this morning. I didn't have a preorder. My store though looked like it only got about 50, tops.

Today i got

GTA: SA
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Tales of Symphonia (I might exchange it for something else still deciding)

Wanted to get Jak II and the Two Maximos also but couldn't find a copy of Jak II at two Toys R Us's i went to . Didn't feel like checking the third.

Just called my local EB, BB and TRU and they all said DoA:U hasn't shipped yet and its looking like it will be out next week. This might have killed the TRU sale for me, not much else I want.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='trustcompany1013']when does bards tale come out?[/quote]

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242341.asp

EB has it out today, but I don't know about when TRU will get it in.[/quote]

TRU website shows it available as of today, so you should be able to get it through the TRU site.

I'm waiting for it as well, plus Fatal Frame II and trying to figure out what I'd want for the 3rd game. If I have to get it from the website, I'll probably end up getting Bloodrayne 2. If if I go instore, I'll pick up something else.

Supposedly, it should be in stock, probably around now, in fact, if it arrived today.

I got GTA San Andreas and Burnout 3, no problems. They had lots of stock. I guess my store doesn't let wholesalers rape the stock.

I have been really absent on CAG for a while (due to having spent so much money on the previous TRU, CC, and BB sales), but this new TRU sale has completely sucked me back in....
I totally scored on this sale today! Just to confirm earlier posts: say you pick up 3 $20 games, but one is green-tagged for 50% off. have the register clown ring up the green-tagged one first, then the others, and you'll get 50% off the first game, pay full price for the second, and get the third for free.
So, I got:
GTA:SA - $50
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - $30
Sonic Adv. DX/Sonic Mega collection 2 pack - FREE
Jak & Daxter - $20-50%= $10
Rachet & Clank - $20
NHL 2k5 (XB) - FREE
Total: 7 games for $117.67 after tax.

RAD! Also, when i brought it all to the register, the cashier said he would make sure he rang up the games in the order that would benefit me the most; he even told me to swap out the Jak game for one with the special bar code on the back in order to get me the 50% off. Wow, a really nice register jockey!!

Thanks, CAG - once again, you've broken me... 8)

I went to the Merrillville, IN TRU this morning right when they opened, still no Otogi 2. They did cock tease me though since they had the Otogi 2 display box behind the glass heh. Went to Best Buy a few stores down, asked for the manager, B2G1F was a go, and just my luck they just opened the GTA:SA shipment. Finally got all 6 I wanted, although I might exchange SW:BF for DOA:U later this week. So it looks like TRU will get Otogi 2, it's just a matter of when.

The Bard's Tale and Fatal Frame II aren't part of the online promtion.

When they mean select games, they're not kidding about that, it's those games and only those games.

Today I got GTA:SA, Ace Cobat 5 and THUG 2. I had to ask for GTA and Ace Combat since they didn't have it on the floor yet.

I managed to snag GTA SA today along with a couple others. My store also had a ton of "big" newer games available.

Anyone know the official policy on returns in case I want to return one of them? I don't expect the full price obviously but any problems with getting the $33.33 back?

All this GTA: SA talk is really tempting me to go and get another set of games. Fortunately for my wallet though the earliest I can get back to a TRU is Thursday and they'll probably be out of GTA by then.

Most Best Buy's and Circuit City stores will. Some will call them up to see if they're in stock. Some won't. Basically, it's YMMV but worth a try.

[quote name='kolessterral']does anyone know if CC will price match this?

meh, guess i'll find out myself if no one replys[/quote]

Best Buy will, but that's all I know :p.

EDIT: but they WILL call the nearest TRU to verify they have whatever in stock. (they did my friend anyway - I'm still waiting for DoA U to be released...hope I can still get the other games I want).

My Best Buy would not match the TRU sale. They said that they only match price for price. I even think that the policy states somewhere that they don't match deals/promotions where a free item is given.

[quote name='ericb']I managed to snag GTA SA today along with a couple others. My store also had a ton of "big" newer games available.

Anyone know the official policy on returns in case I want to return one of them? I don't expect the full price obviously but any problems with getting the $33.33 back?[/quote]

No because the games weren't $33.33 a piece. Two of them were $50, and one was free. If you returned one of the $50 games, it'd be buy one get one free. Not gonna happen.

I picked up Burnout 3, GTA: SA and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I've been holding off on Burnout 3 just for this sale. I don't know if I'm happy with Covenant. I might take it back for a diff/better game if anyone has a suggestion or two?

Edit...BTW...If anyone is in the Des Moines area there are a ton of GTA: SA there. I didn't think to check for Ace Combat 5 though.

I went to the ToysRUs in Charlottesville, VA and they're not selling GTA until Thursday...

:/

I pointed out to the manager that they were the only ones not selling it in the entire city, and that they were about to lose a sale (I was going to get it and another game for the buy2get1 deal) as I was going to buy it wherever I could... the guy got huffy, I left... and picked it up at Best Buy, along with Jak II and Max Payne (GBA) for a total of about $52 after GGC...

ToysRUs=pwned ;)

Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.

[quote name='gwill']I picked up Burnout 3, GTA: SA and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I've been holding off on Burnout 3 just for this sale. I don't know if I'm happy with Covenant. I might take it back for a diff/better game if anyone has a suggestion or two?

Edit...BTW...If anyone is in the Des Moines area there are a ton of GTA: SA there. I didn't think to check for Ace Combat 5 though.[/quote]

I have heard nothing but good things about Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

[quote name='gwill']I picked up Burnout 3, GTA: SA and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I've been holding off on Burnout 3 just for this sale. I don't know if I'm happy with Covenant. I might take it back for a diff/better game if anyone has a suggestion or two?

Edit...BTW...If anyone is in the Des Moines area there are a ton of GTA: SA there. I didn't think to check for Ace Combat 5 though.[/quote]

Keep Covenant. One of the better RPG this year IMO.

[quote name='Benaorn']Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.[/quote]

They let you preorder?!?!

Wow...if my TRU let us preorder I would preorder all the great games coming out...
MGS 3, GT4, LOTR: Third Age, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, PoP: Warrior Within, R&C: Up your arsenal, and Jak 3....Wait....thats a lot of money....BUT STILL!!!

Edit...Ok guys....sounds like Covenant was a good pick up. I was debating between that and SMT: Nocturne. Its all you guys' heads if I dont like the game! :twisted: :D

My friend picked up a few games yesterday:

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow ($30) (Xbox)
Chronicles of Riddick ($30) (Xbox)
Sonic Adventure DX/Sonic Mega Collection ($30 -- Free) (GCN)

The funny thing was that the Sonics were bundled together, and that they counted those as his free game! This would also work if you were picking up the Super Monkey Ball two pack as well.

[quote name='gwill'][quote name='Benaorn']Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.[/quote]

They let you preorder?!?!

Wow...if my TRU let us preorder I would preorder all the great games coming out...
MGS 3, GT4, LOTR: Third Age, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, PoP: Warrior Within, R&C: Up your arsenal, and Jak 3....Wait....thats a lot of money....BUT STILL!!!

Edit...Ok guys....sounds like Covenant was a good pick up. I was debating between that and SMT: Nocturne. Its all you guys' heads if I dont like the game! :twisted: :D[/quote]

That guy is one lucky bastard. TRU's mistake. Hopefully they'll let him get Halo 2 and won't tell him it was a mistake. Huge YMMV.

I scoured the posts for more information about the whole "returns count as $33" issue but didn't get a clear answer. Has anyone actually TRIED this or is it still speculation. I've done it in previous years and it's worked fine but it sounds like they're trying to clamp down on this, and I'd like to know before I buy a game I don't want to be stuck with.

I'm getting GTA:SA + 2 other games that I would trade for Metroid Prime 2, and Metal Gear 3.

:D time to do some christmas shopping. i went to TRU today. the deal is good on all games in the store(new and old). but here's the kicker! :lol: its good on presells as well( as long as you pay the total amount up front) :D i picked up halo 2 metroid 2, mario tennis, grand theft san andreas, metal gear snake eater, and another halo 2. booyah !! merry christmas to me :wink:

bread's done
Back