Dead Or Alive Dimensions Pre-Order $39.99 ($49.99 MSRP)

[quote name='lhfan04']Walmart.com has Dead or Alive Dimensions for Pre-Order for the Nintendo 3DS for $39.99. Not sure how the shipping would work though (how much the shipping charges are). This is a good price for the game because the game has a $49.99 MSRP. This has a scheduled release date of 3/15/11 (3DS releases on 3/27/11)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dead-or-Alive-Dimensions-DS-Nintendo-DS/15727524#rr[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you think MSRP for this is $40. Most 3DS games will be $40 or below including this one.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I thought it was said that 3DS games would cost no more than $40?[/QUOTE]

I've been hearing reports that most will cost $40 to $50.

Here's a recent story.

I think Gamestop is saying "we're not sure at the price, but we know it'll be $50 or less, so we'll set the preorder at $50." Considering Wal-Mart actually has mock artwork (and Gamestop doesn't), Wal-Mart may know something Gamestop doesn't.

Either way doesn't matter to me, I'm waiting for Amazon to list it so I can get $0.99 RRD and not have to pay tax.

Still can't get over the fact that the next DOA is on a handheld. I'm a fan and this forces me to buy the 3DS early at high prices. Plus, this is the first DOA fighting game without Itakagi, it becomes a gamble as well since I can't approve most of the new head's gaming decisions thus far.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Still can't get over the fact that the next DOA is on a handheld. I'm a fan and this forces me to buy the 3DS early at high prices. Plus, this is the first DOA fighting game without Itakagi, it becomes a gamble as well since I can't approve most of the new head's gaming decisions thus far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm super bummed the next DOA is on 3DS, but being a diehard DOA fan, I HAVE to get it (and not because of the boobies). I have a feeling this will be $40 at Amazon and other places if Walmart is selling it for that. At the very least, Amazon will do a g/c deal. Kmart also says they are having launch title deals as well. I'll pass on Walmart's deal basically.

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah I'm super bummed the next DOA is on 3DS, but being a diehard DOA fan, I HAVE to get it (and not because of the boobies). I have a feeling this will be $40 at Amazon and other places if Walmart is selling it for that. At the very least, Amazon will do a g/c deal. Kmart also says they are having launch title deals as well. I'll pass on Walmart's deal basically.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see some other DOA fans. I was worried I was the only one. Any worry about this just being doa4 ultimate edition with a samus level and playable character thrown in?

[quote name='genfuyung']Glad to see some other DOA fans. I was worried I was the only one. Any worry about this just being doa4 ultimate edition with a samus level and playable character thrown in?[/QUOTE]

I think my main concerns are the reports over the framerate taking a rather significant dip when the 3D is turned on.

I'm also a big DOA fan, but mostly from the DOA2 Dreamcast days. DOA3 was good, too, but it could have been so much more. I didn't like DOA4 all that much, though. The Ultimate remake of DOA2 was like DOA4's prototype, and it had enough subtle differences from the original to make me not like it, either. I'm also not a fan of DOA1 in Ultimate, Saturn, or arcade, but I've played and enjoyed DOA++ on MAME. It's the little known arcade semi-sequel. I wonder how it compares to the PS1 port of DOA1. I never played that one.

And of course the volleyball games. Still haven't gotten around to getting the PSP one, but I enjoyed the first two for what they were.

The only thing I didn't like in 4 other than the bosses ridiculous difficulty was that "air grabs" were removed. I dont know if thats the real name for them but thats what I call them. I love DOA 3 though.

[quote name='genfuyung']The only thing I didn't like in 4 other than the bosses ridiculous difficulty was that "air grabs" were removed. I dont know if thats the real name for them but thats what I call them. I love DOA 3 though.[/QUOTE]

I never played as any characters that had throws like that, but I remember seeing Bayman or Leon do one in one of the earliest DOA3 trailers. It was so cool! It was one of the few steps up DOA3 made.

Remember that part of the stage in DOA3 where you ended up after you went out the window and landed on the street? There were guardrails and then some wrestling-style tables behind them. I was so excited to be able to powerbomb my opponents through the tables when I saw them in the trailer, but instead the low guardrails were essentially invisible walls, and you couldn't get to the tables :( That was a step down, IMO. The XBOX was supposed to be so powerful that it could handle powerbombs through tables and invisible walls no longer needed to be made. Ah, 2001.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I never played as any characters that had throws like that, but I remember seeing Bayman or Leon do one in one of the earliest DOA3 trailers. It was so cool! It was one of the few steps up DOA3 made.

Remember that part of the stage in DOA3 where you ended up after you went out the window and landed on the street? There were guardrails and then some wrestling-style tables behind them. I was so excited to be able to powerbomb my opponents through the tables when I saw them in the trailer, but instead the low guardrails were essentially invisible walls, and you couldn't get to the tables :( That was a step down, IMO. The XBOX was supposed to be so powerful that it could handle powerbombs through tables and invisible walls no longer needed to be made. Ah, 2001.[/QUOTE]

That would have been awesome. Luckily for me I picked up DOA3 on a whim and went in with no expectations. It was the first DOA game I played and got myself and a few friends really into fighting games.

If I decide on getting the 3DS, I will choose DoA. :D

People say the launch lineup isn't that good, but the 3DS has about 3-4 games that look good.

[quote name='juanawoman']People say the launch lineup isn't that good, but the 3DS has about 3-4 games that look good.[/QUOTE] I think the general feeling about the 3DS launch window line up isn't that the games in it are bad, but more that there's no game in it that the majority of gamers are going to look at and say, "I absolutely need to play that." When I look at it I don't see games that aren't that good, I see games that I don't want to pay $300 for.

[quote name='sadboy']Man, I hope this is meant to tide fans over until Dead or Alive 5.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. They are making me buy this 3DS just for this game. There better be a 5 years gap like from DOA4 to Dimensions. ;)

[quote name='Chuplayer']I'm also a big DOA fan, but mostly from the DOA2 Dreamcast days. DOA3 was good, too, but it could have been so much more. I didn't like DOA4 all that much, though. The Ultimate remake of DOA2 was like DOA4's prototype, and it had enough subtle differences from the original to make me not like it, either. I'm also not a fan of DOA1 in Ultimate, Saturn, or arcade, but I've played and enjoyed DOA++ on MAME. It's the little known arcade semi-sequel. I wonder how it compares to the PS1 port of DOA1. I never played that one.

And of course the volleyball games. Still haven't gotten around to getting the PSP one, but I enjoyed the first two for what they were.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the DC DOA2 was pretty a$$ kicking for its time. However, both 2 and 3 were on the easy side as far as counters go. 2 Ulitmate and 4 were much harder.

[quote name='Lost Loser']I think the general feeling about the 3DS launch window line up isn't that the games in it are bad, but more that there's no game in it that the majority of gamers are going to look at and say, "I absolutely need to play that." When I look at it I don't see games that aren't that good, I see games that I don't want to pay $300 for.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, if there's a Call of Duty (majority of gamers want and would buy) in the launch line up instead of DOA, I won't even bother with the system. The problem with games that majority of gamers want are played to death already. Publishers are just milking on these same people over and over again. These same people are like zombies, buying the same/similar game over and over again... every year.

bread's done
Back