Dead or Alive thread

Mono`

Banned
I am hooked on DOA ultimate:). I'm wondering if I should still get DOA 3 or not, i'm probably going to get voleyball, what do you guys think of DOA?

What's the easiest way to unlock the 3rd secret character?

If you're enjoying DOA Ultimate, then definately pick up DOA 3. It's cheap now, anyway.

For unlocking the 3rd secret character, you need to beat Arcade mode with every character in the game. The easiest way to do this is to run through the game on easy.

Then, you can hit Survival mode. That'll keep you busy for awhile. You can save a lot of time in that by co-ordinating good tag teams and playing through until you unlock a character's 'rare item'. Once you have that, switch that player out for one you haven't gotten the rare item for. Keep doing this until you've gotten the first 50 items on page one. One of the items requires you to have 50 straight wins with one character/tag-team......then you open up page 2, which is much easier to finish off. Collecting all the items in Survival mode unlocks everything - every costume, etc.

set it to easy, and lifebars to lowest. Get someone you can be cheap with and you'll breeze through.
To get hitomi, I think you have to have a DOA3 or DOAXBV save in addition to beating arcade (or story) mode with everyone. You might be talking about Bayman or Tenegu, I just know you have to have a save on there to get hitomi.
I played all the DOA games so much, it's what I got XBOX for. I know I probably played each one for about 50 hours plus (150 with DOAXBV). I just like the exploration part with the environments. Now I'm trying to finish Ninja Gaiden.

Nice, I'm going to try the lifebar thing right now, even on easy I still wasn't getting as high of scores as I was on normal, weird huh?

I just got DOA U the other day and unlocked everything within 5 hours. Beating 50 people in a row didn't cause me much of a problem. I did it with Ayane setting life to the lowest, and on easy. Mix it up alittle by switching from High-Mid and Low attacks. It seemed more difficult to grab as you moved up. So after 20 people I wouldn't recomend grabing much. I think picking someone that hits quickly will probably help also.

Tag team makes it go faster too, especially if you know some good tag combos.

I didn't like DOA Volleyball. The custom soundtrack option and graphics are the only positive things about it. Stale gameplay, boring mini games, and even the gambling wasn't even that fun. Plus it's only 2 players VS. It might have been more fun if it was a 4-player game.

yeah, I hated the 2 player only thing in XBV. I don't like playing barbie, and the absence of 4 players prevented it from becoming a great party game. Exhibition matches are fun every once in a while, so it's on my HD.

You guys who are just starting Ultimate should check out 3, if you are getting into the DoA fighting engine (even though it's more expensive then Ultimate in a lot of places.) There are some nice improvements in it-- it's much faster and the characters have a lot more moves, for one thing. I love Ultimate on-line but it's a big step back from 3, gameplay wise.

[quote name='Apossum']
You guys who are just starting Ultimate should check out 3, if you are getting into the DoA fighting engine (even though it's more expensive then Ultimate in a lot of places.) There are some nice improvements in it-- it's much faster and the characters have a lot more moves, for one thing. I love Ultimate on-line but it's a big step back from 3, gameplay wise.[/QUOTE]

I heard from alot of people that they prefer DOAU over DOA3. I always wondered why they decided to make DOAU with just DOA1 & 2. Why didn't they do a remake of DOA3 with online features since it has more characters, moves, and as you say a step up from DOA2? I hadn't really played DOA3 much so that's why I'm asking.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I heard from alot of people that they prefer DOAU over DOA3. I always wondered why they decided to make DOAU with just DOA1 & 2. Why didn't they do a remake of DOA3 with online features since it has more characters, moves, and as you say a step up from DOA2? I hadn't really played DOA3 much so that's why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

I can see why they'd like Ultimate better, online rules, the graphics are some of the best on the xbox and the costume selection is ginormous. but the fighting engine in 3 is way more fun, imo, at least, in the Japanese version....that said I play Ultimate online more than any game i own on any system.

I think Ultimate was a pride thing-- Itagaki said he wanted to make the Xbox the official home of the "ultimate" versions of all the DoA games.

So I guess he wanted the X-box players to experance the entire DOA series. Guess I'll go pick up DOA3 under your recomendation. It better be good or else!!! jk

DOA3 is definitely a worthy pickup and I really enjoyed DOAU. I'm really thinking about picking up DOAXBV (probably used) but it seems like not too many copies are around. What do you guys think about this game and what would be a good price to pick it up at?

[quote name='Tyga24']DOA3 is definitely a worthy pickup and I really enjoyed DOAU. I'm really thinking about picking up DOAXBV (probably used) but it seems like not too many copies are around. What do you guys think about this game and what would be a good price to pick it up at?[/QUOTE]

Go back 5 posts and you'll know what I think about it. Anything less than $15 sounds reasonable to me.

bread's done
Back