(Dead) Origin Sale 60% off $16 KoA/BF3/ME3 (PC only)

[quote name='Stry-ker']I don't see those prices show up....

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that, fixed now.

[quote name='bobphone']How did GAF beat CAG to a sale?[/QUOTE]
Good question, that's where I saw it from.

Hmmm. Some OK prices. I have $40 in origin credit I got from gamestop for $30, but even with that discount and this sale, the games still don't hit 75% off!

Oh well, I might still bite on a few things. Or maybe they will have a better sale black friday and I will wait...

[quote name='SeanTM22']Has BF3 ever been lower than $16? I feel like thats a pretty good price[/QUOTE]

ya seems pretty good. tempting for me, but i only want to play the tank SP missions... I'll probably just wait for a 5$ sale idk.

[quote name='Slixshot']-___- i can't convince myself to buy KoA... anyone want to try and talk me into it?[/QUOTE]

The combat is really fluid and action-oriented. I bounce around as a mage tossing lightning at guys, throwing my steel discs of death boomerang-style, then use Mark of Flame to light up a few guys and explode them simultaneously. The quests aren't terribly clever, its very noticeable lack of a jump button is kind of weird, but it's a cool world to run around in. I think it's worth more than $16.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']Well with this, no one can say that Origin never had any Steam-like sale. These are damn good prices. 5 stars.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I feel like Amazon will match these prices or beat them soon..

I have a 25% off code that should stack with this, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna bite on any of these.

Wow, its pretty funny cause I just got a email from Origin with a 50% off next purchase coupon. Clicking on the email sends me to a page similar to the coupon.org promo page. Tried to use the 50 off code it came with but it doesn't stack..

[quote name='Slixshot']-___- i can't convince myself to buy KoA... anyone want to try and talk me into it?[/QUOTE]

Best combat in an RPG ever. IMHO.

Now someone needs to convince me NOT to buy BF3

I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.

Great deal on Battlefield 3. Was going to buy it but got a "Payment Authorization Failed" error after checkout. I've never been able to buy from Origin due to this. Don't have any problems with any other online stores or services. :whistle2:(

Thank you. Man I really want to jump on ME3 at that price but my gamesaves are all on Xbox 360 as are my friends who play it. I'll have to think about it, some decent prices though.

Amalur lacks charm completely. The combat may be fun (which I will say it is way more involved than most Rpgs) but the characters you meet, the quests you go on, etc are all very dull.

I been burning through some Steam games lately and Amalur + Saints Row 3 were up next. I laugh my *** off everytime I play SR3, while I just sit back and sigh while playing Amalur. I just feel so bored.

Thanks OP! Snagged Battlefield 3! I was going to get the premium for 59 but this allows me to see if I will actually get around to playing it girl 16.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It takes a little work, but it is possible:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-how-to-transfer-your-me-2-save-from-xbox-360-to-pc/[/QUOTE]

That's slick. It's a damn shame that Microsoft doesn't try to make the Xbox and PC platforms more connected and compatible with one another since they... control both to a large degree. I'd probably use my Xbox 360 (or a successor) more often if they allowed me to use my downloaded purchases on either platform rather than merely give me Achievements across both with the added cost of dealing with GfWL crap.

On the fence on BF3 and KoA.

Is BF3 worth it for single player and lite MP dabbling? Do I really need the massive spread of map packs?

looks like these are US only? the links in the OP just take me to the store homepage, no signs of any discounts.

oh well, too bad for you EA.

I can get BF3 with a coupon I have for $13.50 which is the lowest price I've seen for the PC version. Ridiculous that I can't buy due to an error after checkout (that seems to happen to other people). No problems buying from Steam but Origin doesn't want my money it seems. They need to fix their payment system.

[quote name='TheKbob']
Is BF3 worth it for single player and lite MP dabbling? Do I really need the massive spread of map packs?[/QUOTE]

The single player is short and not very good. I would only suggest getting the game if you want to play multiplayer.

I think this is the cheapest BF3 has been for PC, but if anyone plans on getting the premium map packs too, then I suggest just getting the Battlefield 3 Premium release for $60. That would be cheaper than buying the base game+dlc even at the discounted Origin price.

[quote name='speedracer']I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

[quote name='speedracer']I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.[/QUOTE]

Dental Plan!

Lisa need braces.

Dental Plan!

Lisa need braces.

Oh, and the loot train in Amalur is insane. At one point I was destroying greens out of my inventory because I was picking up so many blues and purples and you can't fast travel out of a dungeon.

[quote name='Scouter']does a wired controller work with the pc version of bf3?[/QUOTE]

I think so, I think I played the campaign with an Xbox 360 controller - a wireless one but that shouldn't make any difference.

[quote name='Mugatu']I think so, I think I played the campaign with an Xbox 360 controller - a wireless one but that shouldn't make any difference.[/QUOTE]

do you have one of those wireless receivers?

[quote name='Scouter']do you have one of those wireless receivers?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need that for the wireless controller to work with the computer.

Been wanting Dragon Age Ultimate and KOA for so long on PC but been trying to avoid Origin....These prices are to damn good to pass though so I bit the bullet and just installed Origin

[quote name='Scouter']i gave in and picked up bf3, thanks! now to find a wired controller...[/QUOTE]

Get the Xbox wired controller!

wired controller and bf3 you will get owned by mouse/keyboard players lol
The single player was pretty cool, alot better than COD. The graphics where great.

tempted to get me3, i picked up me1 and me2 a while back but still havent played into them yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, have BF3 on ps3 with karkand pack.....nah, not worth it. I'll wait for the complete edition to be on sale I guess, or standard version under $10, andbuy the premium pack

Edit: is the ultimate shortcut pack for $16 just a DLC or does it include the game?

bread's done
Back