(Dead) Origin Sale 60% off $16 KoA/BF3/ME3 (PC only)

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 aren't showing up in the list, even though the link in the OP shows them as being part of the deal. And when I simply search for them on Origin, I can't add them to my cart. Anyone else having this issue?

BTW, I also recommend picking up a wired 360 controller for anyone who wants to play KoA (or pretty much any third-person action game). It works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheKbob']Is BF3 worth it for single player and lite MP dabbling? Do I really need the massive spread of map packs?[/QUOTE]BF3's SP is terrible. A boring, lead-you-by-the-nose, ultra-linear campaign that's a copy of every modern-era Call of Duty game since MW, except with bleeding edge visuals. If you have a beefy PC - and I mean BEEFY* - it's really great looking, but as the story goes, you'll probably hate it pretty hard. MP is where it's at and the Close Quarters pack has been gobbling my time since I got Premium a few weeks ago. Ironically, it's the most CoD-style MP play they've done, but it's crazy fast-paced and fast to rank up. They're doing a Double XP thing now for Premium members. I'm off to play right now, in fact.

The best way to get all the goodies (for those wanted them) is to buy BF3 with this deal and then buying Premium from Green Man Gaming using a discount code for 20% off making the total bundle $56. I'm sure the new BF3 Premium thing will eventually get cheaper, but if you're jumping in now, this is the way to go.

* My PC is a Core i7-920 @3.6GHz, 12GB RAM, and had SLIed GTX 460 1GB cards and couldn't run at 1920x1200 with all the candy on plus AA without murdering the frame rate. I upgraded to a single GTX 670 2GB and it's a solid 60 fps WITH AA ON and it's beautiful.

[quote name='TheKbob']On the fence on BF3 and KoA.

Is BF3 worth it for single player and lite MP dabbling? Do I really need the massive spread of map packs?[/QUOTE]

BF 3 single player is ass. If you're not going to do MP then avoid BF 3.

For $16 though you can have a blast though with the on-disc maps, may have to search a bit to find no-DLC servers.

For those wanting to get into BF3 hardcore, is PC getting the $70 premium edition on Sept. 11 that includes all the mp unlocks & BF 3 Premium, or is that a console exclusive?

[quote name='Scouter']i gave in and picked up bf3, thanks! now to find a wired controller...[/QUOTE]

Does BF 3 PC even support controller controls?

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason I really had a hell of a time getting this deal to work. Depending on which browser I was using (safari or firefox), entirely different games where showing up on the list. Finally got what I needed: Dead Space 1 and 2, the Mass Effect Trilogy, and Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe for about $60. I only recently started gaming on a PC, but man I love these deals. I wish I hadn't missed Steam's recent $5 deals for the Dead Space games, but this kind of makes up for it.

[quote name='speedracer']I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.

I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.[/QUOTE]
Amen. I told myself I was done buying games for a while!

Has it been "a while" yet...?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does BF 3 PC even support controller controls?[/QUOTE]

Technically it does but it's very limited. Single player campaign locks in keyboard/mouse to action events (press certain key to kill someone or do something) and can't be mapped to the controller without a 3rd party program like pinnacle or xpadder.

Iirc mp works okay but I haven't played in long enough to say for sure.

[quote name='kaydigi']Which of those need for speeds are good? Loved highstakes on the psonee.[/QUOTE]

I played the crap out of HS on ps1

Id go with Hot Pursuit. Great game, but does have cheating AI.

[quote name='speedracer']I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.

I'm not buying KoA, my backlog is ridiculous.

Man, that's a a good price for KoA.[/QUOTE]

KoA is worth 3 times that. Buy!!!

No luck getting the deals to work. Can't check out for some reason. It says "order completed", but no games in Origin, and no email receipt. Using Chrome browser.

I got an order in. It was acting funny for me too though. Sometimes I would click the link and it would be 75 games on the list. Next time I clicked it there would be 85 games.

But I finally got my order in:

ME 1 to 3
BF3
Battlefield 2142
Rail Simulator

Total for me was net $43 because I had a 15% off code I got from Origin chat when they were helping me with a problem and then I had two $20 Origin GC I got for $15 each when Gamestop had them on sale a while ago.

Just chatted with a support rep - it seems my order didn't go through. For anyone having trouble, keep this in mind. You may have to start over with a different browser. Not sure what's happening here.

I was having the same browser related issues. I was having trouble adding certain games to my cart in both Firefox and Safari, and depending on which I was using, there was either 75 games (Firefox) or 85 games (Safari) in the sale. Using both browsers, I was finally able to grab the games I wanted and get the hell out of there. Got them downloading now. I actually think this may end up being the one and only time I ever use Origin.

I hear ya. This was my first time to buy via Origin, and it wasn't an easy experience. Usually, I buy through Amazon and redeem through Origin. Grats to everyone who got their deals.

I bought KoA without issue. Downloaded Origin and it popped right up in my downloads screen along with some previous purchases I made from Amazon that I never downloaded Origin to install/play (DA2 & Alice:Madness Returns). Nice to know I have another source to download them from, I guess.

So, does the BF3 ultimate bundle include the game or is it just the weapons and perks unlock pack? Anyone?

KoA $16... damn, tempting... passed on the $10 + $5 BB retail deal (smacked of effort), but this... well at least I have a few days to decide.

ME3 $16 slightly tempting but Amazon should have it for $20 and ME3 DD for $30 ($10 of DLC + goodies). I'm also content to wait longer.

[quote name='6er']So, does the BF3 ultimate bundle include the game or is it just the weapons and perks unlock pack? Anyone?[/QUOTE]
It's just an unlock pack, so you still need to buy the game.

Just a tip: 15% off codes do stack with the promo. I got BF3 for 13.60. All I did was ask a customer service rep for a discount code and they instantly gave me one.

Is there a way to gift this to a friend? I already have a copy and my friend wants a copy as well, but doesn't have a CC. So if I were to purchase from the Origin site, will they just send me a key to activate on any origin account?

[quote name='Blinkerizo']fucking country filter, it keeps sending me to the spanish store -.-[/QUOTE]

Well I just used a PRIVATE TUNNEL to have an US IP and it showed me the list with the correct prices! I was so happy! But when buying them, in the last step, when entering Credit Card or PayPal, it says "Payment Authorization Failed". It appears that your Credit Card AND your PayPal Acc. have to be radicated in the US. Sigh. I was going to have Mass Effect 3 + KoA + Shank 2 for $30 (with 15% discount...). Im bummed.

I ended up buying ME3 anyway - forgot that I bough the Origin credits i have for 20% or 25% (can't remember) at Gamestop anyway. No brainer for $12 or so. Thanks again for the link OP!

PS. I used Chrome and had no problems checking out, I did use Origin credit thoughtm no credit card info so I'm not sure if that helped or not.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Is there a way to gift this to a friend? I already have a copy and my friend wants a copy as well, but doesn't have a CC. So if I were to purchase from the Origin site, will they just send me a key to activate on any origin account?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so - I believe they said they want to implement gift buying but when I purchased ME3 just now I don't recall it giving me any options on that. I just bought it and it appear in Origin automatically. no code to enter or anything. Sorry.

Hah - paydirt! Was finally able to get ME1 and 3. But of course now, BF3 isn't working. It doesn't appear on the 51-60 list, and when you try to browse for it, Origin's site won't let you add it to you cart. It says something about making a "Selection", but doesn't give you anything to select. Will keep trying...

[quote name='ZeTeny']Is there a way to gift this to a friend? I already have a copy and my friend wants a copy as well, but doesn't have a CC. So if I were to purchase from the Origin site, will they just send me a key to activate on any origin account?[/QUOTE]
As stated before purchased games get added to your Origin account, so you can't gift games. The easiest way to handle your problem is getting your friend Origin account info and buying the games with your credit card on their account.

BF3 single player is actively bad. The game does have controller support with the caveat that you will have to key in certain QTEs with your keyboard. ME3 on the other hand, does not have native controller support.

You can also get a 15% off coupon you can use with any of the deals in the OP.
Just log onto Origin and talk to a live chat rep and say you want the 15% off coupon because you want to purchase Mass Effect 3 or BF3 or something. It stack with the OP deals, got my Mass Effect 3 copy for $13.60.

[quote name='stupidproz1']You can also get a 15% off coupon you can use with any of the deals in the OP.
Just log onto Origin and talk to a live chat rep and say you want the 15% off coupon because you want to purchase Mass Effect 3 or BF3 or something. It stack with the OP deals, got my Mass Effect 3 copy for $13.60.[/QUOTE]Hilariously, it actually worked.

Can someone help me out with The Sims Medieval™ Deluxe Pack ? I can send the $16 via PayPal .

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I wonder if/when Amazon will run the KoA DLC at $5/each again, and if KoA will be bundled with DLC for less by then.[/QUOTE]

I believe tony did say they would be running them at 5 dollars each again

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Hilariously, it actually worked.[/QUOTE]

Haha wow, I'm trying my luck out now.

edit: I'll be damned...it worked, now to go and buy ME3

edit2: Ordered ME3, saw a page saying the order was processing and I'd get an email, got no email and couldn't find proof I had purchased the game, I used paypal and there was no transaction there either. Did some searching and found an obscure EA page that has order history, and the order was under pending. So for those who order but don't get any verification check out http://www.ea.com/profile before you try purchasing again.

[quote name='Meeza']Haha wow, I'm trying my luck out now.

edit: I'll be damned...it worked, now to go and buy ME3

edit2: Ordered ME3, saw a page saying the order was processing and I'd get an email, got no email and couldn't find proof I had purchased the game, I used paypal and there was no transaction there either. Did some searching and found an obscure EA page that has order history, and the order was under pending. So for those who order but don't get any verification check out http://www.ea.com/profile before you try purchasing again.[/QUOTE]

A while back I tried buying Bulletstorm and a similar thing happened to me. The order just never processed, and eventually disappeared. I tried again, and same thing. I think Origin has a werid time with Paypal. I ended up just using a CC.

I was also able to get a 15% off code, and I didn't even ask for it. I ended up using it on Amalur, since they wouldn't let me use it to pre-order DS3.

[quote name='BNoyes']I was also able to get a 15% off code, and I didn't even ask for it. I ended up using it on Amalur, since they wouldn't let me use it to pre-order DS3.[/QUOTE]

Yea they hand those 15% off codes out like candy. Pretty much if you talk to the rep about any problem you're having they will give them to you.

I just outright asked the rep for the 15% off coupon and he gave me a code.

Yeah, it's really easy to get this code...

Rajeev:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Rajeev how may I help you?
you:
Hello Rajeev. May I have a 15% off coupon? I'd like to purchase Mass Effect 3 for the PC!
Rajeev:
Hello.
Rajeev:
Please do not worry about this, I'll do my best to help you out.
Rajeev:
Before proceeding further may I have your first and last name please?
you:
[NAME]
Rajeev:
Thanks for the name, [NAME]
Rajeev:
I have an Origin store Discount code for you. Please redeem it on http://store.origin.com to avail a 15% Discount on released games (except Pre-orders and new releases). This code is valid for a month.
Rajeev:
Here is the discount code :
Code:
[B]you[/B]:
Wonderful. Thank you for your help, Rajeev.
[B]Rajeev[/B]:
It is my pleasure to help you today.
[B]Rajeev[/B]:
Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
[B]you[/B]:
Nope, you've done more than enough. Thank you!
[B]Rajeev[/B]:
I'm glad that I was able to help you. It wouldn't have been possible without your co-operation.
[B]Rajeev[/B]:
If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!

Really trying to resist buying Amalur. My backlog is huge. But I will play it and this is a reasonable price....sigh.

Attempting my luck right now for the 15% off code. The rep seems confused.

Edit: Took a bit, but got my code!

Tempted to get ME3 to play multiplayer with friends that got the PC version. I already have the 360 version but friends that played multi on that stopped.

I got KoA and I can see why that game is fairly mixed as far opinions, the combat is really solid (although feels a bit on the easy side) but dear god are there tons of side quests, it's like they wanted to see how many of them they could put in the game, haha. I haven't really found the story very interesting either, but it'll probably be a good game to just pop in when I want to screw around since the controls aren't complicated and the fact I don't really care about the story at all means I'm not going to ever feel like I need to restart the game to get back up to speed.

bread's done
Back