*DEAD* Playstation 3D Display Bundle $249.99 (Brand New - Best Buy)

I notice that the 'regular price' is now 300 bucks. This thing aint moving anytime soon even with another 50 bucks discount. Look for even cheaper price very soon.

So I'll say, hold on this price.

Yeah, I'd bite if it included The Show 12 and the extra glasses for $250. From what I've read an extended warranty is a must buy on this thing, bumping the price back up to $300 anyways.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I seriously doubt it, since this product sold so poorly...[/QUOTE]

is the technology not something they could put into their (Sony) already exisiting 3D TV line?

[quote name='GBAstar']is the technology not something they could put into their (Sony) already exisiting 3D TV line?[/QUOTE]

Yes they could, and probably should have done this.

Sony's TV division should have earmarked several of their 3DTV models to include the Simuview technology, that way consumers could have several sizes to choose from.

When Sony first showed the 3D display last year at E3, $500 seemed to be a good value, but the price of larger 3DTV decreased so much that the Sony 3D display seemed too expensive for its size.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Yes they could, and probably should have done this.

Sony's TV division should have earmarked several of their 3DTV models to include the Simuview technology, that way consumers could have several sizes to choose from.

When Sony first showed the 3D display last year at E3, $500 seemed to be a good value, but the price of larger 3DTV decreased so much that the Sony 3D display seemed too expensive for its size.[/QUOTE]

No I agree. $500 is way overpriced for this particular TV. I know people get upset when that is said; especially early adopters but even someone who isn't savy when it comes to deals should have know this would drop in price fast.

But I agree with the Simuview technology. I'm in the market for a bigger TV. I'd like to go somewhere between 47" and 55" (I have two 42" TV's currently) and I would be willing to spend an extra couple of hundred to A) Go Sony and B) get the Simuview technolgy

I've been waiting for a price drop like this for real long time now. I can do $250 for this monitor, thanks OP!

Is it worth it to get the protection plan or does Sony have a 1-year warranty for these monitors?

It comes with a 1 yr warranty. People with broken sets have claimed Sony will send you a new one. Mine's still OK.

I think the mlb + glasses bundle was still a better deal, because you could easily sell both items and keep the rest for less than $250. But this is good for those who don't want the hassle of selling or the extra items.

Nice find. It's tempting.
hb.jpg

lk.jpg

Considering buying this TV/computer monitor since I'm moving back to LA and selling my 42 inch here before leaving at almost the same price listed.

[quote name='Pounce!']2 hdmi and 1 component inputs.[/QUOTE]

Component, that's what I meant, lol. Ok, so I could plug my Xbox and PS3 in. Hm..

Thanks, OP. Still waiting a little longer for me. My local bestbuy has quite a few of these in stock, and there covered in dust.

I'm definitely one of the "$199.99 or bust" people, but it's still a pretty good price all things considered. I'm pretty sure it would be inferior to a full fledged monitor from a decent manufacturer at the same price, but the 3D capabilities, 240hz refresh, and extra goodies make it a pretty decent option.

Just remember that if you want to take advantage of the 3D capabilities, it only supports two modes from what I understand: 720p/1280x720 at 60hz, and 1080p/1920x1080 at 24hz. For games, you'll basically be restricted to 720p at max, and of course you'll lose out on some brightness from the passive glasses. 3D movies should look nice at 1080p though. Also, if you want to use the 3D feature on a PC, you'll need the appropriate 3D support from your videocard manufacturer; Nvidia I know charges an extra fee to allow output to 3DTV formats, not entirely sure what ATI has for 3DTV support. Although, some games and even Youtube allows for SBS 3D if you don't mind losing the extra resolution.

Edit: Huh, sounds like you can use a custom INF file with an Nvidia card to get it to natively support the display for Nvidia 3DTV Play according to one of the reviews on the Best Buy page, that might make it a bit more appealing for some. Also for those interested, Motorstorm Apocolypse currently trades in for $13 credit at Best Buy, which if you include the 50% bonus going on and a 10% Gamer Club Unlocked subscription, brings it up to just over $20 back if you trade in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']Component, that's what I meant, lol. Ok, so I could plug my Xbox and PS3 in. Hm..[/QUOTE]

Or a cable/satellite box since both my consoles are gonna be plugged into the HDMI ports :lol:

yuck

not to mention it's 3d but if you are into that gimmick i guess it's a decent deal, screen is too small and lacks inputs i would hold out for E3.

Anyone know how the speakers on this thing are? Are they junk?

On a side note, 249 is still i bit high (Considering I can live without Motorstorm and the Glasses and the HDMI cable). 199 would be an insta buy though.

damn, so no co-ax on this? our 6 year old has been busting us for a tv in his room, and while his mother and I are against it, I could see this nicely going in there and for this price just to watch tv cable on..not too bad

everytime they lower the price, the more they're gonna sell. If it hits $200, you'd probably have to go out immediately and hope to get one. Stock on these is disappearing everytime I go to BB..

[quote name='token2k6']damn, so no co-ax on this? our 6 year old has been busting us for a tv in his room, and while his mother and I are against it, I could see this nicely going in there and for this price just to watch tv cable on..not too bad[/QUOTE]

If you're against putting a TV in his room, the lowered price point really isn't a reason to change your mind...

[quote name='Rasen']If you're against putting a TV in his room, the lowered price point really isn't a reason to change your mind...[/QUOTE]

LOL, I get you, but in the end the kid passes out by 8:30pm no matter what. I think back in the day our parents were worried we'd stay up until midnight, maybe when we were teenagers that was possible, but sometimes you gotta do things for the ten and under crowd to get them to stop talking about it :D I just love the form factor on this, want it, just not many places to put it..

[quote name='Abear21']Yeah, I'd bite if it included The Show 12 and the extra glasses for $250. From what I've read an extended warranty is a must buy on this thing, bumping the price back up to $300 anyways.[/QUOTE]
^ this

the 299 bundle with extra glasses and mlb was a better deal than this. For 50 bucks more you got 130 dollars worth of extras

[quote name='token2k6']damn, so no co-ax on this? our 6 year old has been busting us for a tv in his room, and while his mother and I are against it, I could see this nicely going in there and for this price just to watch tv cable on..not too bad.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't have a TV-tuner of any kind in it. It's just a display, pretty much just a monitor with a couple extra ports on it and 3D capability.

[quote name='Crimson Mist']Does the TV come with remote control and is it wall mountable?[/QUOTE]

It's a "display", not a TV, no remote, but EDIT: not wall mountable either, sorry.

If amazon matches, the tax off could break the bank for me...fingers crossed. That 199.99 price could happen but to my understanding Sony's not really making these anymore and it seems like it'll become survival of the fittest.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']If amazon matches, the tax off could break the bank for me...fingers crossed. That 199.99 price could happen but to my understanding Sony's not really making these anymore and it seems like it'll become survival of the fittest.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it! $200 will come soon and Amazon will match. Totally true, when these hit $200, it'll be pure luck who gets them when they disappear.

Another one for the $200 or bust stack.

I'm new to the 3D television. If you wear prescription glasses, could you comfortably wear 3D glasses?

I'm guessing in a few years or if not already 3D glasses that clip onto your prescription glasses.

I didn't realize it had component input. I know it's not a full fledged TV, but does it support 480p? Having a way to play Xenoblade or PS2/Xbox games at my desk has me interested in this now.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm new to the 3D television. If you wear prescription glasses, could you comfortably wear 3D glasses?

I'm guessing in a few years or if not already 3D glasses that clip onto your prescription glasses.[/QUOTE]

IIRC these are supposed to fit comfortably over your Rx frames, unless your wearing Eric Estradas. As for waiting I'm not sure if the $50 is worth playing a round of Survivor.

I picked one up the last time it was on sale and I've gotta say the screen is REALLY good looking! Hope it doesn't crash/die like so many others have reported but I've been amazed--so far--with the 1080P look of the screen. I hate to say it but 1080P @ 24 inches looks even better than 1080P @ 55 inches IMHO.

[quote name='blindinglights']I didn't realize it had component input. I know it's not a full fledged TV, but does it support 480p? Having a way to play Xenoblade or PS2/Xbox games at my desk has me interested in this now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about component either. That does make it tempting for the same reason. Haven't played my PS2 much because that of the lack of component on my current monitor.

All these people saying, "199 or bust" make me wonder... are they saying this so they don't have competition when they get to the store?

"Screw this," he types on his phone as he drives like a mad man toward Best Buy, "I'm waiting for when they pay ME $5!" He runs into the store and finds a line of people waiting, all typing on their phones something similar. Looking up, he says, "Hey, I don't know what you guys are here for, but I'm here for the PS3--"

"--3d display. Yeah, yeah, we know. Get in line. At the back."

"Frak."

[quote name='BetaDemo']I picked one up the last time it was on sale and I've gotta say the screen is REALLY good looking! Hope it doesn't crash/die like so many others have reported but I've been amazed--so far--with the 1080P look of the screen. I hate to say it but 1080P @ 24 inches looks even better than 1080P @ 55 inches IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm currently gaming on a Samsung PX2370,

http://m.cnet.com/reviews/34048108?tag=rb_content%3bcontentBody

Aside from the obvious 3D, inputs, extra inch and lack of speakers( using Logitech Z2300) do you think its worth upgrading solely based on visuals ? Anybody's input would be greatly appreciated. My inner child wants 3D gaming, but is it worth the swap ? I love my current display but this one is newer, um better ? I'm wrestling with my inner Hulk on the BB site, Hulk click, Hulk buy, Hulk don't care...yeah I know, Avengers fanatic here lol

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']All these people saying, "199 or bust" make me wonder... are they saying this so they don't have competition when they get to the store?

"Screw this," he types on his phone as he drives like a mad man toward Best Buy, "I'm waiting for when they pay ME $5!" He runs into the store and finds a line of people waiting, all typing on their phones something similar. Looking up, he says, "Hey, I don't know what you guys are here for, but I'm here for the PS3--"

"--3d display. Yeah, yeah, we know. Get in line. At the back."

"Frak."[/QUOTE]

Or it could be that we are saying that becuase $250 isn't that great of a deal and perhaps isn't even the best deal yet on this.... yet there are still stockpiles of these kicking around.

I mean shit.. tiger direct had this for $299 with FS on eBay and it came with three games (R3, KZ3 and Motorstorm) and it sold just a handful. Same with the other promotions that had this with extra glasses and MLB 12: the Show

Maybe at $150 and I would still be iffy at that. This product is pointless for anyone who doesnt give two squirts for 3D.

yeah, if you want one, I'd strike while its hot. They have a big shelf tag promoting the sale price, store I was at had two left, took the least battered box-wise of the two. Traded in MS:A that I bought for $10 from them during x-mas (which got me $20.80), used some RZ certs and shopkick redemptions to get it down to $230.00 I was happy, got 6 mos. financing for using the BB CC.

don't know if its going in the kids room or another room, but the wife IS pissed, however she just got a $220 Michael Korrs purse yesterday, so thats what I have going for me, except for the fact its mothers day and I bought something for me..oh well

[quote name='Glasscocked']Maybe at $150 and I would still be iffy at that. This product is pointless for anyone who doesnt give two squirts for 3D.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in 3d gaming but there is no way I am going to "experiment" with it until it is under $200 with a free game and 2 pair of glasses. I don't mean the bundled game either.

[quote name='BetaDemo']I picked one up the last time it was on sale and I've gotta say the screen is REALLY good looking! Hope it doesn't crash/die like so many others have reported but I've been amazed--so far--with the 1080P look of the screen. I hate to say it but 1080P @ 24 inches looks even better than 1080P @ 55 inches IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Does it have good contrast and black levels?

Atleast this is within the 30 days(E3) in case they have a $200 sale. $50 back!

I think I'm going to break down and get a 3D TV until I'm ready to spend $1500 +/- on a full HD 3d projector. Going to get a passive tv so I can use theater glasses and not have to deal with rechargeable ones. Those power supply glasses are a bit creepy, to me.

[quote name='lousysmarch']Does it have good contrast and black levels?[/QUOTE]

Yup, the blacks are very black (Yeah, that sounds stupid, but I don't know how else to describe a color). I picked this up at $300 during the original sale and man, this TV is GREAT.

bread's done
Back