*DEAD* Playstation 3D Display Bundle $249.99 (Brand New - Best Buy)

Guess 35 pages of posts on the PS forums about people complaining aren't enough to stop you guys for buying it. Good luck returning it after a month or two. Got mine once, red light of death after a month. Returned it, got a new one and decided to sell it. Don't want anything to do with this flawed product.

[quote name='Crimson Mist']Does the TV come with remote control and is it wall mountable?[/QUOTE]

the remote is the ps3 blu ray remote the new one

[quote name='Rsnuffdog']wow I have $180 RZ points. I think it hit the sweet spot for me. LOL[/QUOTE]

do u buy a fridge every month lol

It can drop as much as it likes...I'll just keep waiting to see if Sony does a larger screen. I have a 42" LG right now...going down to 26" would be awful.

I'm holding out for $200 with game and an extra pair of glasses.
I'm cheap...and this isn't a must have for me especially since I already have a bigger TV.

[quote name='GreyFox787']It can drop as much as it likes...I'll just keep waiting to see if Sony does a larger screen. I have a 42" LG right now...going down to 26" would be awful.[/QUOTE]I already posted links earlier in this thread Sony has long since announce 2 new models that are glasses free. Another 24" & a 46" they just haven't said the prices. At E3 there should be more news though.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']posts like these happen every time this thread/deal pops up :applause:

I game on a 23in Asus236 monitor

guess im just a kid[/QUOTE]
I think hes referring to adults who own houses.

I for one could never put a 24" in my living room, that is ridiculous to me. I own a 55" samsung LED and i wouldn't go smaller, neither would anyone i know with a tv that is 42"+.

Although i don't agree with his "kid" statement, if you are living in an apartment or share a house with roomates i could see the appeal of a 24" but even then i wouldn't go smaller than a 32" for the bedroom but i am a tech guy who loves the newest tech and bigger is better :lol:

then again it doesn't matter if this TV was $49.99 to me because i hate 3D.

what?

Whats wrong with having a tv in your living and having a "small" monitor for gaming? I have a 40" tv I use as my main tv, and I use my monitor for gaming.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']what?

Whats wrong with having a tv in your living and having a "small" monitor for gaming? I have a 40" tv I use as my main tv, and I use my monitor for gaming.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The 24" display is also perfect for a home office.

I'd jump on this if it had a composite input. I'd hook up a digital converter/tuner box to it to have local television channels. Do they even make high definition digital tuners that connect via HDMI, VGA, or component inputs to computer monitors?

Let me get tihs - you can play any game on this t.v with the 3d glasses which will eliminate the split screen crap? For instance a first person shooter where 2 players play offline against each other, how does that work? I hate split screen.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']what?

Whats wrong with having a tv in your living and having a "small" monitor for gaming? I have a 40" tv I use as my main tv, and I use my monitor for gaming.[/QUOTE]

First World problems I guess. I used to game on a 13'' tv/VCR combo.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Let me get tihs - you can play any game on this t.v with the 3d glasses which will eliminate the split screen crap? For instance a first person shooter where 2 players play offline against each other, how does that work? I hate split screen.[/QUOTE]

Yup it eliminates split screen. The TV overlaps two images over eachother and then each user wears the 3D glasses and sees a different full screen view each.
UNFORTUNATELY, it's not every game, only those that support the mode....which is not much sadly. Those games are:

MLB 12 The Show
MotorStorm RC
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Gran Turismo 5
KillZone 3
Super Stardust HD

[quote name='Lkr721993']i'm sure its been asked before, but can i hook up my directv receiver to this and watch things like ESPN3D on this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you have a receiver with HDMI.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Yes, as long as you have a receiver with HDMI.[/QUOTE]
oh man...now i gotta try really hard to hold off on this price

[quote name='poop69']Yup it eliminates split screen. The TV overlaps two images over eachother and then each user wears the 3D glasses and sees a different full screen view each.
UNFORTUNATELY, it's not every game, only those that support the mode....which is not much sadly. Those games are:

MLB 12 The Show
MotorStorm RC
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Gran Turismo 5
KillZone 3
Super Stardust HD[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that. Im gonna skip it at $199.

[quote name='Enuf']I already posted links earlier in this thread Sony has long since announce 2 new models that are glasses free. Another 24" & a 46" they just haven't said the prices. At E3 there should be more news though.[/QUOTE]
Have fun waiting. Those were prototypes. Doubt we'll see them in stores anytime soon if ever, and def not for this price.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd jump on this if it had a composite input. I'd hook up a digital converter/tuner box to it to have local television channels. Do they even make high definition digital tuners that connect via HDMI, VGA, or component inputs to computer monitors?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but they are a bit hard to find now. Here is a list of standalone HD OTA tuners out there

I bought this tv for my son for christmas. I had took it back twice and a final third time today. The first time i estimate 20 hours of use, the second time about 15 hours, and the third time 10 hours of use. The last time was one week out of 90 day warranty so had to use the protection plan i paid $50 for and they only gave me $250. (back paid $300 plus $50 protection plan). It just wont turn on every time. They are junk. I am so pissed. I lost $100 on the tv, plus a pair of glasses $40, and bought 5 3d movies. Its not worth $100. It looks good, 3d is good, but 90 day warrenty and under very light use it breaks. Each time it was a brand new TV. The protection plan only covers 1 break out of warrenty, then you have to pay for another plan each time and if the price goes down thats what you get. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. IF THEY DID NOT BREAK IT WOULD BE GREAT, BUT IT WILL, THAT IS WHY IT KEEPS GETTING CHEAPER AND CHEAPER!!!!!!

[quote name='samone']I bought this tv for my son for christmas. I had took it back twice and a final third time today. The first time i estimate 20 hours of use, the second time about 15 hours, and the third time 10 hours of use. The last time was one week out of 90 day warranty so had to use the protection plan i paid $50 for and they only gave me $250. (back paid $300 plus $50 protection plan). It just wont turn on every time. They are junk. I am so pissed. I lost $100 on the tv, plus a pair of glasses $40, and bought 5 3d movies. Its not worth $100. It looks good, 3d is good, but 90 day warrenty and under very light use it breaks. Each time it was a brand new TV. The protection plan only covers 1 break out of warrenty, then you have to pay for another plan each time and if the price goes down thats what you get. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. IF THEY DID NOT BREAK IT WOULD BE GREAT, BUT IT WILL, THAT IS WHY IT KEEPS GETTING CHEAPER AND CHEAPER!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you not in the US? The display has a 1 year warranty, not 90 days.

[quote name='samone']I bought this tv for my son for christmas. I had took it back twice and a final third time today. The first time i estimate 20 hours of use, the second time about 15 hours, and the third time 10 hours of use. The last time was one week out of 90 day warranty so had to use the protection plan i paid $50 for and they only gave me $250. (back paid $300 plus $50 protection plan). It just wont turn on every time. They are junk. I am so pissed. I lost $100 on the tv, plus a pair of glasses $40, and bought 5 3d movies. Its not worth $100. It looks good, 3d is good, but 90 day warrenty and under very light use it breaks. Each time it was a brand new TV. The protection plan only covers 1 break out of warrenty, then you have to pay for another plan each time and if the price goes down thats what you get. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. IF THEY DID NOT BREAK IT WOULD BE GREAT, BUT IT WILL, THAT IS WHY IT KEEPS GETTING CHEAPER AND CHEAPER!!!!!![/QUOTE]

nice wall of text especially the last part with ALL CAPS!!!!! ;)

[quote name='hostyl1']Five (5) lines is now considered a "wall of text"? Oh my....[/QUOTE]

You didn't see the 2000 words and no paragraph breaks? You need to get your eyes checked. Seriously.

This is what has kept me from buying this thing - I am happy for those who have no problems, I hope you don't have any in the future, but I'm not willing to risk it. Thanks.

[quote name='Mugatu']This is what has kept me from buying this thing - I am happy for those who have no problems, I hope you don't have any in the future, but I'm not willing to risk it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

After some research seems the warranty turnaround period with Sony is a week, after that its Hakuna Matata. I might just take the risk even if I do have to send it in in the long wrong, Sony is making good on the replacements, guess they fixed whatevers wrong. Got this info over at Sony forums...BTW I did notice a few people got back duds, but those were far and few.

I think you might need to put a surge protector or something ;)

[quote name='Carlanga']I think you might need to put a surge protector or something ;)[/QUOTE]

I think your right, to my knowledge the main issue is a shoddy power supply...

I picked up this display for 249.99 yesterday. I have a bigger tv, but just wanted a cheap 3d option.

The picture is amazing. I will just hang onto my receipt and use this display like a MOFO. If I have to get it replaced multiple times, then so be it! (hopefully by the time a year is up, they will have fixed the problems)

yeah, IDK, I have this on a dresser, so its not enclosed, been using it for an hour each night with a Roku box. I put my hand on the back after each use and it is no hotter than a laptop after being on for an hour. It barely even registers, nothing like the heat a console generates..and I'm using a $50 Monster 2-prong surge protector. We love it so far!

I had the tv in 2 separate places, each with a different surge protector. I found a manual that says 1year warranty so im going back to complain. You will see how long the tv last. I too said my tv works fine and has no issues.... Till it started breaking over and over.

Set is a piece of shit. Bought my son one for christmas. It went out January 16th. Exchanged it. New one lasted 3 weeks. Returned it, got my money back, went to Wal Mart and got him a 37" 1080p Vizio. Working like a champ and has a better picture.

Sad because the Sony display really did have a nice picture with some good 3D. Just very unreliable.

This is one thing I talk about when I compare Sears' protection coverage vs. best buy's. At least with sears, you're paying for 3-5 years no matter what.

Finally caved & bought 1, I'll just hold on to my current display, so I'm not left stranded when this breaks down. If it drops again in the next 30 I'll just get an adjustment. Everything I've read points that Sony's making good on the replacements.

[quote name='benjamouth']So this was temp and not a price drop?

Glad I got in ton the $199 deal from the Sony store.[/QUOTE]

Correct, it was a "sale"

MSRP is 299 now

this doesnt double as a PC monitor? I looked but I didnt think I saw any inputs for VGA/DVI. Pretty dumb if thats the case bc I think I read that this isnt a tv, as there's no tv tuner in there.

[quote name='Havok83']this doesnt double as a PC monitor? I looked but I didnt think I saw any inputs for VGA/DVI. Pretty dumb if thats the case bc I think I read that this isnt a tv, as there's no tv tuner in there.[/QUOTE]

It has HDMI, which virtually any PC will support. DVI input isn't neccessary, a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor or cable will work with any PC that has DVI output (DVI is essentially HDMI but only transmits a video stream).

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']That F'n suxx was just about to put in another order for a bud....[/QUOTE]

The deal dying did you a favor.

bread's done
Back