[DEAD] Pontiac Halo 3 winners discussion thread

[quote name='becuzimbrown']go for it....however, the anagram contains a city AND a state abrreviation...so we need to eliminate states first, then do an anagram analysis[/quote]

Which is a good thing why we have brown helping us :D

Ok, well I've got everything set up for the anagram solver except the word list. I plan on adding words in this format:
roswellnm
With the state abbreviation as the last two letters. If anybody wants to help, try and find (or make) a list of cities in that format.

Edit: This will work. I just went to Wikipedia and got the top cities for Alabama:
BirminghamAL
MontgomeryAL
MobileAL
HuntsvilleAL
TuscaloosaAL
HooverAL
DothanAL
DecaturAL

If anybody wants to help out by doing other cities pm me. (So we don't waste time doing the same states)

Ok, lets do this the easy and fair way. I'll start an IRC room on Friday around 10 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) So that A: We have a CAG moderating a room who can ban/kick people who spam or are from SD, and B: Anyone can join.

INSTRUCTIONS!

If you do not use FireFox either get mIRC or goto http://chat.efnet.org/ for a web-based IRC chat, for channel hit other and I'll tell you a channel to join on Friday, as I don't want someone camping it to steal ops or something now.

If you have FireFox goto https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16
and install the Chatzilla addon. The server we will use is EFNet so you all know. I'll post a channel to join on Friday. If I forget tell Demo to message me on Xfire. :D

i just downloaded chatzilla for firefox. can someone help me get it setup i want to get a halo 3 tomorrow. my aim is nyj1218

Click Tools>Chatzilla, let it load up. You should see a listing of servers that have a different text color, as if they are links. Click on the efnet one. You type /join #roomname to join a chatroom. If i say we all join fuzzypickleweasels you'd type /join #fuzzypickleweasels

Then you type text and press enter to talk =P

Also note thats not the room we'll be using.

[quote name='georox']Click Tools>Chatzilla, let it load up. You should see a listing of servers that have a different text color, as if they are links. Click on the efnet one. You type /join #roomname to join a chatroom. If i say we all join fuzzypickleweasels you'd type /join #fuzzypickleweasels

Then you type text and press enter to talk =P

Also note thats not the room we'll be using.[/quote]
Thanks, that helped me greatly.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']I just got an email confirming that i won

it says we have to confirm that our information is correct, so they know where to ship it[/quote]

Just got same and confirmed it.

I'll be in the chat room when this goes down - are we doing this tonight or tomorrow night?

Thanks, guys. I'd love to win something awesome like this.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']I just got an email confirming that i won

it says we have to confirm that our information is correct, so they know where to ship it[/quote]

I didn't get that email....Oh wait, that's because I lost... :D

Do I just reply to them and say "Yes, that is my address"? And do I change the subject title to "Halo 3 - First to Own verification Kenny Nguyen"?

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Do I just reply to them and say "Yes, that is my address"? And do I change the subject title to "Halo 3 - First to Own verification Kenny Nguyen"?[/quote]

I changed the title to Halo 3 First to own verification (name). In body I put That's my correct information.

[quote name='KiLL3r']I changed the title to Halo 3 First to own verification (name). In body I put That's my correct information.[/quote]

yea, thats exactly what i did

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Me and Sockey have come to a alliance so that he'll be in both chats. When our chat figures out the answers so will yours.[/quote]

fair enough :applause: Which chatroom will he be in?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Just told you, both.[/quote]

well one guy is having an IRC chat channel and I'm having a different one. so which one out of those two...?

Chat will be an IRC chat on the EFnet server, I posted instructions for a web based chat and Chatzilla for FireFox a few pages back, which i will copy/paste over tomorrow aswell as post the room we will be using. I am not going to post the room yet as I don't want people camping it and the op/voice status being screwed with people joining/leaving and such before it.

I will post the Chatroom and quote the instructions again at 10 PM EST TOMORROW (Friday the 14th so you all know) If I get bored I'll post it earlier at around 9. IF you feel you may need more time to figure out how IRC works (It is very simple, I PROMISE you) look back a few pages and mess around some now.

BE WARNED! Anyone who floods/spams or attempts to advertise ref links in it WILL be warned one time and kicked, if they come back and continue to spam/flood/advertise they will be removed for the rest of the night, so stay mature guys, we all want to win!

[quote name='nate88']well one guy is having an IRC chat channel and I'm having a different one. so which one out of those two...?[/quote]The one that hes hosting. I don't know which one hes doing, but its his.

[quote name='georox']Chat will be an IRC chat on the EFnet server, I posted instructions for a web based chat and Chatzilla for FireFox a few pages back, which i will copy/paste over tomorrow aswell as post the room we will be using. I am not going to post the room yet as I don't want people camping it and the op/voice status being screwed with people joining/leaving and such before it.

I will post the Chatroom and quote the instructions again at 10 PM EST TOMORROW (Friday the 14th so you all know) If I get bored I'll post it earlier at around 9. IF you feel you may need more time to figure out how IRC works (It is very simple, I PROMISE you) look back a few pages and mess around some now.

BE WARNED! Anyone who floods/spams or attempts to advertise ref links in it WILL be warned one time and kicked, if they come back and continue to spam/flood/advertise they will be removed for the rest of the night, so stay mature guys, we all want to win![/quote]

You should link chats with me and Sockey. Demos in my chat.

So are all of you guys going to have a chat running at the same time? If possible I'd like to be in all three (two?) rooms at once, just to have the best possible chance.

Thanks a bunch for helping out.

[quote name='Ub3rChief']So are all of you guys going to have a chat running at the same time? If possible I'd like to be in all three (two?) rooms at once, just to have the best possible chance.

Thanks a bunch for helping out.[/quote]

Mine is full, that would be a tad unfair too, but if both geo and Sockey let you than go ahead.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Mine is full, that would be a tad unfair too, but if both geo and Sockey let you than go ahead.[/quote]

so youre gonna invite me right?

IRC can accomadate large amounts of people, so anyone can join once I post the room tomorrow. Its not invite-only, noones going to be special. I *will* remove people who flood, and if it is under suspicion you are an SD hoarder we may ask you to tell us your CAG name and post in this thread to be safe.

[quote name='georox']IRC can accomadate large amounts of people, so anyone can join once I post the room tomorrow. Its not invite-only, noones going to be special. I *will* remove people who flood, and if it is under suspicion you are an SD hoarder we may ask you to tell us your CAG name and post in this thread to be safe.[/quote]

Sent you one Ninja, and geo, you really need to stop acting like a douche, AIM can't handle that many people without the bandwith dying and freezing. It was bad enough with 10 people, but we have around 18. You're the one who offered to help me and demo. So don't going around saying I'm greedy because I'm helping 7 other people from CAG, and the chats are being linked so I don't see how its invite only.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Sent you one Ninja, and geo, you really need to stop acting like a douche, AIM can't handle that many people without the bandwith dying and freezing. It was bad enough with 10 people, but we have around 18. You're the one who offered to help me and demo. So don't going around saying I'm greedy because I'm helping 7 other people from CAG, and the chats are being linked so I don't see how its invite only.[/quote]

I told Demo I would help him and your the one who keeps messaging me. If AIM can't handle enough people, then thats why AIM is a horrible messenger and even worse for chat, so it shouldn't be used as it is insufficent, hence why I am going to run an IRC room so people can actually get this done without too much wasted RAM and bandwidth. Please, stop bugging me, stop attempting to call me out, stop acting special. You are very annoying. Thank you.

STOP FIGHTING MOM AND DAD!!! CANT YOU SEE ITS TEARING OUR FAMILY APART??!?!?

Its those damn tricksters at SD again starting fights between CAG's again. Good try you sons of bitches, but i've caught on to your diabolical plans.

[quote name='georox']I told Demo I would help him and your the one who keeps messaging me. If AIM can't handle enough people, then thats why AIM is a horrible messenger and even worse for chat, so it shouldn't be used as it is insufficent, hence why I am going to run an IRC room so people can actually get this done without too much wasted RAM and bandwidth. Please, stop bugging me, stop attempting to call me out, stop acting special. You are very annoying. Thank you.[/quote]

Yes I'm the one who is a very annoying when I only sent you 2 PMs. You need to stop acting like the innocent one. In the CAG chat you were like oh Dragunz I'm gonna help you on Friday. I can have everyone that was in that chat back me up. You're a little liar and should have never helped you get a copy.

so did anyone put together that city/state unscrambler?

I was talking to a guy at the first to play event who said that he'd found a site online that would do that, but I've had no luck whatsoever finding it.

bread's done
Back