[DEAD] Price mistake: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Blu-ray] $18.99 @ FutureShop.ca

Where's a catapult when you need it to launch anything not LotR related out of my sight and straight to Mount Doom. :(

[quote name='poiuiu']Well, that's the thing. The second movie suffers the same way that all over middle parts of a trilogy will suffer: since they're the middle, it didn't start anything nor will they end anything. In other words, part 2 (of 3s) is the red headed stepchild that not many people will like. Neither will it have the strong start, or the ending that closes up the loose ends. All it can do is continue part 1 so it connects to part 3.

That and also, from what I remember, a lot of people thought part 2 dragged on as well. Hell, I typically don't remember what happened generally in part 2, though I remember important scenes well in part 1 and 3.

What I'm saying is, I understand why you may not like it, even though it's probably not the real reason why. :p[/QUOTE]

The Empire Strikes Back and The Godfather 2 would like a word with you :lol:
But you're generally right, since for every one of those, there's a hundred The Matrix Reloadeds.

Actually I liked part two and found it quite memorable. I thought the ending totally kicked ass with Gandalf the White knocking back the siege of Helm's Deep. That may be the best battle scene in the series. But that's just me

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']No cancellation email yet.[/QUOTE]

Well they have a full 12 days before these ship to cancel. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed :bouncy:

They took the product page down last night, I'd think if they were gonna cancel the orders they wouldn't wait too long. I would have expected them to cancel today...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The Empire Strikes Back and The Godfather 2 would like a word with you :lol:
But you're generally right, since for every one of those, there's a hundred The Matrix Reloadeds.[/QUOTE]

Have words all they want, but I haven't seen tho. However, I'm really more just referring to stories that were written as trilogies to begin with, and not movie series that happen to end up with 3 movies due to success.

While that is the case with the original Star Wars movies, I can't say for sure about Godfather movies.

But you're also right and that there are exceptions to the rule, not that I said otherwise (note: when I wrote that post, I wasn't talking about just movies but stories with trilogies in mind; so yes, I was talking about the LotR books).
:p

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Spider-Man 2 was the best of that trilogy.[/QUOTE]

I found 3 more enjoyable if only because Eric Forman and Venom was in it. But then again, I didn't think too highly of the two Spiderman movies I saw (2 and 3). :p

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']As was T2: Judgment Day[/QUOTE]
Nah; Terminator series ended with a bang with T2. All the other movies released afterwards were just glorified fanfiction that happened to be in movie form. ;)

Actually I liked part two and found it quite memorable. I thought the ending totally kicked ass with Gandalf the White knocking back the siege of Helm's Deep. That may be the best battle scene in the series. But that's just me
Ah I don't really remember that. If anything, the scene near the end of Return of the King with the remnants of the Fellowship's army being surrounded by the remaining Mordor army, which was a significant number, was one scene that continually sticks to mind.

And here I go, continuing to derail sales threads with off topic talk with little reason than just to talk. :p

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']My order has been processed, YES!!!!!!! Cancellation-proof! :D[/QUOTE]
Mine was processed last night, I don't think that means anything. They can still cancel.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']My order has been processed, YES!!!!!!! Cancellation-proof! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah the processing is automatic as well, cancellation is possible, and quite likely.

This is not a price error on the site. On the FS instore system, the LOTR trilogy BD is currently 18.99. If it were out, and you scanned it instore, it would scan for 18.99.

Of course, this is still a price error, but its actually in the system and not just a website glitch. Better chance it wont get canceled IMO. (Although, I'm just trying to be optimistic and give myself false hope...)

[quote name='method47']This is not a price error on the site. On the FS instore system, the LOTR trilogy BD is currently 18.99. If it were out, and you scanned it instore, it would scan for 18.99.

Of course, this is still a price error, but its actually in the system and not just a website glitch. Better chance it wont get canceled IMO. (Although, I'm just trying to be optimistic and give myself false hope...)[/QUOTE]

So if we went in-store to pre-order, it would be $18.99, right? Hmm...

March 25th 2010

Dear valued customer,
We are contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred on March 24th on your futureshop.ca pre-order of the Lord of the RingsTrilogy (Blu-ray), New,,WebID: M2175972.
There was a pricing error and you were charged $18.99 for your purchase instead of the correct price, $49.99. This error was fixed immediately once we became aware of it.

We have faced these situations before and always look to our guiding principles to help us make good decisions. We take the trust you have placed in us as your online electronics store very seriously and strive to balance both the financial viability of the business with doing everything we can to provide excellent customer service.
We will honor the $18.99 price point for one unit to all customers who placed an order while the incorrect price was displayed on the site. Your additional orders placed for the incorrectly priced item will be cancelled and you will receive notification via email. If you wish to order additional units at the correct price, please visit futureshop.ca.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You should receive your unit at $18.99 plus applicable taxes and fees as soon as product is released.

Enjoy the movie and thank you again for your patience and continued loyalty to futureshop.ca.

Sincerely,

The Future Shop team

VICTORRRRRRRRRRY

March 25th 2010

Dear valued customer,

We are contacting you directly to inform you of a pricing error that occurred on March 24th on your futureshop.ca pre-order of the Lord of the RingsTrilogy (Blu-ray) New,,WebID: M2175972.
There was a pricing error and you were charged $18.99 for your purchase instead of the correct price $49.99. This error was fixed immediately once we became aware of it.

We have faced these situations before and always look to our guiding principles to help us make good decisions. We take the trust you have placed in us as your online electronics store very seriously and strive to balance both the financial viability of the business with doing everything we can to provide excellent customer service.

We will honor the $18.99 price point for one unit to all customers who placed an order while the incorrect price was displayed on the site. For your particular order, multiple units were ordered at the incorrect price, the order will be cancelled and you will receive notification via email. Please place a new order for one unit on futureshop.ca and insert the eCertificate provided below to obtain the discounted price.

Your eCertificate code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ($31 Promotional Credit) :D

How do I use my eCertificate code?

If you have received an eCertificate code from futureshop.ca, you can enter the code on the Cart page or the Review & Payment page during checkout.

IMPORTANT: eCertificate codes are easy to use for your online purchases, however you must have an account and a valid credit card* to redeem them. Simply enter the code when you add items to your cart.

*Your credit card will be charged only if the total amount of your purchase exceeds the total value of your eCertificate.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You should receive your unit at $18.99 plus applicable taxes and fees as soon as product is released.

Enjoy the movie and thank you again for your patience and continued loyalty to futureshop.ca.

Sincerely,

The Future Shop team

Best Deal of the Year! :D

Totally awesome. So glad I ordered this on the off-chance that I might actually get it... Especially because I only have the Extended DVD's. Seeing that e-mail made me so happy. OP rocks.

Awesommme deal! I'm not surprised there are transfer issues, I mean if they're going to double-dip with the Extended Editions, they'll have to do more than just include the Extended Editions. Bolstering the video quality would fit the bill.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I got the same email. I guess I'll give it to my brother for his bday, I'm not crazy about LOTR anyway.[/QUOTE]
If you need somebody to sell it to and make some extra $, look no further than me :p

[quote name='Azumangaman']If you need somebody to sell it to and make some extra $, look no further than me :p[/QUOTE]
Agree.

Solid Snake Eyes, C'mon why do you want to give your brother for his bday?

I got the same e-mail as well but when I tried to order, my code wouldn't seem to work. It gets rejected when I'm about to finish the checkout saying that the code is invalid.

I've tried to add another item (not LOTR, but something else) as well but it still doesn't work.

Is there a trick to get it to work?

maybe $ is mistyped and should be the alternate symbol on the button on the keyboard. Since 4 & $ are on the same button maybe $ is supposed to be the number 4.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']For those who ordered 2 units or more. Does your order got canceled or the email instructed you to cancel yourself manually?[/QUOTE]
Auto canceled and they provided a coupon for you to reorder with.

Can you guys use the coupon on anything you want, or just on that one item?

I ordered one copy so I never got the cancelation email...I assume they're just going to honour it without telling me politely that I'm a jerk who took advantage of their mistake.

[quote name='Griptor']Can you guys use the coupon on anything you want, or just on that one item?

I ordered one copy so I never got the cancelation email...I assume they're just going to honour it without telling me politely that I'm a jerk who took advantage of their mistake.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered a single copy, and received my e-mail this morning, so maybe yours is on its way?

I ordered a single copy, and no cancellation email yet. The last email I got from FS was the order processed email. Maybe they are gonna just send it at $18.99 instead making me order another copy at $49.99 minus the $31 coupon?

As long as I get it and they don't cancel my order WITHOUT giving me the coupon to re-order.

Hmm, I never got around to re-ordering, I didn't spot anything I wanted to make free shipping... I wonder if my coupon code is still valid, and if I should wait for a price drop :lol:

[quote name='ragnar14']Hmm, I never got around to re-ordering, I didn't spot anything I wanted to make free shipping... I wonder if my coupon code is still valid, and if I should wait for a price drop :lol:[/QUOTE]
Shipping is never more than $2 for me. You weren't willing to spend $2 to get a $50 item for $19?

bread's done
Back