-dead- ps3 game sale @newegg resistance 2, motorstorm, ratchet n clank oos, EDF: IA

Picking up both Ratchet and Clanks. I have a feeling Motorstorm might be added to PS+ free games roster since it's one of the Playstation 3's marquee roster so I'll hold off on that.

Edit: BTW, this is Front Page @Slick Deals, so if you want something you may want to pick it up sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']ugh it just worked for me.. guess ill do individual links then[/QUOTE]
Thanks OP.

Was the Motorstorm any good? I have Apocalypse already and it's one of my favorites, but wasn't sure about the first.

Picked up EDF to complete my collection of every EDF title and version. Well, at least until the Vita remake of the first one comes out.

Thanks, OP!

In for R&C: CiT. Already own a copy, but I was going to Best Buy tomorrow morning to trade in a few more games and figured I'd trade in my copy along with them. TIV is $7 right now, so hopefully it holds until then.

Thinking about Tools of Destruction, more for my Wife than me but I'll certainly play it too. It's $15 used at GS and $10 at BB but non in my area have it... Plus this is $10 new, so.

Great prices on r&c especially with the collection coming. Could have them all to playthrough if you haven't already.

The R&C games are really good, favorite platformer on play station. Great humor, characters, story and weapons.

[quote name='ijustw1n']The R&C games are really good, favorite platformer on play station. Great humor, characters, story and weapons.[/QUOTE]

If I start with Tools of Destruction, you think I'll be lost story-wise?

I actually started with ToD myself. The stories are pretty much self-contained (though linked), and they'll give you any backstory you really need. It's really more about the insane weapons (among others, there's a disco ball that makes your enemies dance so you can shoot them more easily), the platforming puzzles, the humor, and the "smash-everything-to-get-bolts-to-use-to-buy-better-gear" mentality than the story itself, anyway.

if u like games with crooked cops, drug and human trafficking, prostitution, and a dash of racism its easily worth 10 bucks. but then if u add the screen tear, texture issues and whatnot (on the ps3 version) that might lower the value down to 5.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']is the cartel worth $10? ive heard bad things.... figured maybe I could wait till it was $5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Screw it. In for the 2 R&C games. If anything my 6yr old son might enjoy them.

*EDIT* Nvm.. looks like Crack in Time is sold-out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba']Edit: BTW, this is Front Page @Slick Deals, so if you want something you may want to pick it up sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

That was quick

[quote name='Monoxide1986']If I start with Tools of Destruction, you think I'll be lost story-wise?[/QUOTE]

I started with TOD and was fine.

Even though TOD doesn't have trophies, IMO it's the best one the 3 PS3 R&C games.

I actually went online the other night with Resistance 2 and was able to get into a match with around 40 players (the game supports up to 60 online mp). Also I noticed that there were a ton of co-op matches playing.

[quote name='JKSonic']Thinking about Tools of Destruction, more for my Wife than me but I'll certainly play it too. It's $15 used at GS and $10 at BB but non in my area have it... Plus this is $10 new, so.[/QUOTE]

Both of the R&C games are well worth these prices.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Picked up EDF to complete my collection of every EDF title and version.[/QUOTE]

Is there any reason to pick up EDF:IA on PS3 if I already own it on 360? Assume I'm not a completionist collector like you... :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']if u like games with crooked cops, drug and human trafficking, prostitution, and a dash of racism its easily worth 10 bucks. but then if u add the screen tear, texture issues and whatnot (on the ps3 version) that might lower the value down to 5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, based on your comment and Digital Foundry and that I tend to prefer the 360 controller for shooters, I think I'll hold out for the 360 version of CoJ:Cartel.

I really liked the first Call of Juarez games, but the Cartel was brutal. Avoid it even for $10. Looking to get Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, loved a Crack in Time, I guess I'm working my way in reverse order since the HD collection will be next on my list.

I decided to get Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction.I wish the other one was still available i would have ordred it too.i havent played a Ratchet & Clank Game since playing R&C 1 on the PS2

[quote name='lotsofgames']I actually went online the other night with Resistance 2 and was able to get into a match with around 40 players (the game supports up to 60 online mp). Also I noticed that there were a ton of co-op matches playing.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason why i prefer Resistance 2 over 3 the crazy 60 player Team Deathmatches.I never played the Co-Op in R3 but in R2 its really fun.If anyone is questioning on whether you should buy it or not I say its well worth your money.

FFFFFFFFFFFF- I missed out on both R&C games. Been planning on getting them. ;~;

Think I'll be able to get Amazon to PM? D:

Motorstorm and Tools of Destruction have no trophies, in case anyone cares.

Motorstorm is awesome and both R&C games are great fun, all three are worth $10.

Resistance 2 is pretty fun, but I didn't think it was as good as the first or third entries. Its probably worth about $10. If you're thinking of getting the platinum trophy, you'll need over 10,000 kills on line, so there's that.

Everyone who likes games should enjoy Ratchet and Clank games at least a bit. They are all (PS2 and PS3) great games to me. Just pure fun.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Was the Motorstorm any good? I have Apocalypse already and it's one of my favorites, but wasn't sure about the first.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't recommend getting Motorstorm, it's basically obsoleted by Motorstorm Pacific Rift which you can get for around $15 used. There are only 8 tracks on Motorstorm, all of which are the same visually (brown), and no splitscreen multiplayer like in the later games. I would compare it to Assassin's Creed 1 in that it was more of a proof of concept for the franchise rather than a fully realized game.

[quote name='masterchief2291']any chance that R&C would be black label? im one of those annoying people who hate GH/PH/NS packaging[/QUOTE]

See. I would rather have my GH version back. But, I traded my copy first, and re-bought later...instead of the they way around. You MUST join the red case movement!

R&C:ACIT is $4.50 at Kmart if you are near 1 and can find a copy. Standard, not the red case.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
R&C:ACIT is $4.50 at Kmart if you are near 1 and can find a copy. Standard, not the red case.[/QUOTE]

...if that's the universal clearance price and not YMMV, I will run my ass to my nearest Kmart immediately.

[quote name='MattNortnic']...if that's the universal clearance price and not YMMV, I will run my ass to my nearest Kmart immediately.[/QUOTE]

It was marked $6, but rang up $4.50. So, expect $4.50-$6. Others have found it in the Kmart clearance thread. Seems universal. Sonic Unleashed is $6 and you might find some other good games for cheap, too!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320051

If you see it and it isn't marked, scan it or have it scanned!

bread's done
Back