[DEAD] Rakuten.com (Buy.com) | $15 off $50+ All Products from Shop Owners

AZR43L

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Rakuten.com - Videogames

Promo Code: 15off
*Offer valid for products from our Shop Owners. Offer valid from 4PM, March 15, 2013 to 11:59PM, March 17, 2013. Offer subject to cancellation at any time. Limit one per customer.

I'm pretty sure you can combine products from different marketplace sellers and get the discount. You can use this code for anything on the site except things sold by Buy.com.

*Bear in mind you must input all of your information and make it to the confirmation page in order to enter the promo code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a decent deal if free shipping is offered. Been a while since I bought from there, do they charge tax?

I will not buy from them as long as they are "rakuten.com" Ridiculous name. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Also, shipping kills deal.

[quote name='Gators300']I will not buy from them as long as they are "rakuten.com" Ridiculous name. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Also, shipping kills deal.[/QUOTE]

I know, I don't care how much money it saves me as long as I don't have to see that name on my credit card bill!

Apparently they're the largest e-commerce site in Japan. They just acquired buy.com and play.com in the uk (I always thought buy.com just renamed).

[quote name='Gators300']I will not buy from them as long as they are "rakuten.com" Ridiculous name. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Also, shipping kills deal.[/QUOTE]
Rakuten is the Amazon of Japan. They are a huge company over there and are expanding worldwide right now. Get use to seeing the name more.

Its global presence has been reinforced through the acquisition of other online retailers such as Buy.com (now Rakuten.com Shopping in the US), Priceminister (France), Ikeda (now Rakuten Brasil), Tradoria (now Rakuten Deutschland), Play.com (UK), and Wuaki.tv (Spain) as well as through investments in Pinterest, Ozon.ru, AHA Life, and Daily Grommet.

Why do they charge 8 to 9 dollars to ship a 4000 microsoft points card? Oh, so they can create promo codes to make it feel like you are saving money even though you aren't.

Just a heads up, they've got some really shady third party sellers there. On Amazon you can pick out the bad ones due to their user reviews but on Rakuten, most sellers don't have a lot of reviews. But another thing is that Rakuten almost... hides the seller reviews, by keeping them at the very bottom of the page (not sure if this has been updated yet). Nevermind, they now show ratings right at the top.

Yeah, it's almost as bad as the name "Gators300."

[quote name='Ionotropic']Why do they charge 8 to 9 dollars to ship a 4000 microsoft points card? Oh, so they can create promo codes to make it feel like you are saving money even though you aren't.[/QUOTE]

This promo code wasn't made for that seller, it's sitewide. There are plenty of other sellers that don't charge $8 to ship. What I bought with the code actually had free shipping and no tax.

[quote name='Gators300']I will not buy from them as long as they are "rakuten.com" Ridiculous name. I can't be the only one who feels this way.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Someone want to fill me in?

Or is there nothing to get, and this is straight-up xenophobia. Oooooo a scary foreign-sounding name!

[quote name='Vegan']I don't get it. Someone want to fill me in?

Or is there nothing to get, and this is straight-up xenophobia. Oooooo a scary foreign-sounding name![/QUOTE]

Yeah. The Japanese aren't xenophobic at all. That's why the XBox is selling so well over there.

I personally don't care what the name is. My decision is based on the best deal. If shipping or tax kills the deal, I'll just go to Amazon and get free prime shipping and no tax.

[quote name='preston181']Yeah. The Japanese aren't xenophobic at all. That's why the XBox is selling so well over there.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gosh, I guess if Japanese people do it, that makes it okay. Two wrongs make a right, just like in algebra!

Yeah, we should let the deals speak for themselves.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Rakuten is just buy.com, a very reputable site. Dunno why this thread has a 1 star rating.[/QUOTE]

I'll bite.

"Rakuten.com (Buy.com) | $15 off $50+ All Products from Shop Owners"
"ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!"

Even ignoring the thread title for the moment, there isn't even one specific video game deal in the OP.

yes they should have kept buy.com what kind of stupid name is rakuten

and when you have such an expensive 3 letter domain, why don't you use it? makes no sense. I don't even know how to spell rakuten

it doesn't matter if it's japense, chinese american or what, going from buy.com to rakuten.com is just stupid

[quote name='gantt']I'll bite.

Even ignoring the thread title for the moment, there isn't even one specific video game deal in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Oh please. Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals OP videogame specific? Better yet is the Best Buy fb app OP videogame specific? Would you and every other butthurt poster feel better if I listed every single "deal" I could find on the site for you??? Maybe I should delete the word Rakuten from the title while I'm at it so it doesn't offend you guys so much. Wow, just wow.

[quote name='gantt']I'll bite.

Even ignoring the thread title for the moment, there isn't even one specific video game deal in the OP.[/QUOTE]

:roll: So it's the OP's job to find specific deals for you? Every once in awhile there is a deal like this (i.e. 10% off Newegg with V.me) and basically it can cover a wide range of deals. The OP could have listed examples, but don't be so damn lazy and find a deal yourself.

This is pretty good and it's the second such deal (I got $20 off $50 on 3/12) they have done in the past week so I hope they keep it up.

[quote name='AZR43L']Would you and every other butthurt poster feel better if I listed every single "deal" I could find on the site for you???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedolley']So it's the OP's job to find specific deals for you? Every once in awhile there is a deal like this (i.e. 10% off Newegg with V.me) and basically it can cover a wide range of deals. The OP could have listed examples, but don't be so damn lazy and find a deal yourself.[/QUOTE]

In other words: we still couldn't actually come up with one CAG-worthy deal, but righteous indignation, that we've got in spades.

[quote name='gantt']In other words: we still couldn't actually come up with one CAG-worthy deal, but righteous indignation, that we've got in spades.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't read the thread...
[quote name='JakeM17']God of War Ascension PS3 with coupon comes out to $45.63 plus $2.68 shipping[/QUOTE]

I didn't post a deal because I don't know what you are interested in. In the previous Rakuten deal I got a 16GB Vita memory card for $32 shipped because my ATT order got cancelled. So there are deals to be had, but it requires searching. If you know what you are looking for it shouldn't be too hard to find some deals. It's not "righteous indignation", just pointing out that you are not always going to be spoon fed deals especially when they aren't specific to video games, but can include them.

Thank you for the post OP!

I was able to snag the Tomb Raider X360 Controller for $37. It was under $53 with free shipping, minus the $15 promo. Great price as I was looking at getting this controller soon :)

[quote name='Katsumi']Thank you for the post OP!

I was able to snag the Tomb Raider X360 Controller for $37. It was under $53 with free shipping, minus the $15 promo. Great price as I was looking at getting this controller soon :)[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I'm glad at least one person got something out of this :)

[quote name='AZR43L']You're welcome! I'm glad at least one person got something out of this :)[/QUOTE]

Some people just like to be rude. It may not be game specific, but it can be used for a wide variety of games and accessories :)

[quote name='jedolley']
I didn't post a deal because I don't know what you are interested in. In the previous Rakuten deal I got a 16GB Vita memory card for $32 shipped because my ATT order got cancelled. So there are deals to be had, but it requires searching. If you know what you are looking for it shouldn't be too hard to find some deals. It's not "righteous indignation", just pointing out that you are not always going to be spoon fed deals especially when they aren't specific to video games, but can include them.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said better myself. Granted I wouldn't have bothered even giving this guy an explanation let alone finding him a "worthy" deal.

[quote name='Katsumi']Some people just like to be rude. It may not be game specific, but it can be used for a wide variety of games and accessories :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I couldn't believe where this thread was headed with all the hate on Rakuten's name :roll:
Anyway, I'm happy with my 2-pack Sandisk Extreme 32GB sd cards for 52 bucks, one for my 3DSXL (video game) and one for my T3i (camera) :D

I only post deals on CAG to give back to the community for helping me save so much money on my favorite hobby. Sometimes you get a gantt, and you want to reconsider if posting any more deals are worth your time.

Thanks for the deal post OP.

[quote name='jwk94']i'm at the place your order part and dont see a field to enter the promo code.[/QUOTE]

It should work if its not from buy.com. Who's the seller?

[quote name='AZR43L']It should work if its not from buy.com. Who's the seller?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I've never used this site before, how would i check?

[quote name='jwk94']I'm not sure. I've never used this site before, how would i check?[/QUOTE]

It should be right below Add to Cart on the item page or right below the name of the item on the "place your order" page (shipped/sold by: xx). If its available from someone other than buy.com you should see "more buying choices" under the add to cart button.

I couldn't make myself buy the Xbox Live points, but I went ahead and got the Tomb Raider controller and the PS Vita trigger grips for $48.71. Thanks OP.

I would be wary about buying from the buy.com seller specifically in the future. They generally do not have in stock what they say they have in stock and your order will be put on back order for eternity.

[quote name='Remoe']I would be wary about buying from the buy.com seller specifically in the future. They generally do not have in stock what they say they have in stock and your order will be put on back order for eternity.[/QUOTE]

Not my experience with Buy.com, but then I haven't purchased from them since the full-blown name change. It would be disappointing if they've gone all TigerDirect like that.

[quote name='preston181']Yeah. The Japanese aren't xenophobic at all. That's why the XBox is selling so well over there.[/QUOTE]

Newsflash - The 360 not selling well in Japan has little to do with xenophobia.

bread's done
Back