[Dead] Retrocon controller (PS2) $10 shipped free at Circuit City

[quote name='jaybird']I think it's only availble for pick-up.[/quote]

I already ordered mine, its being shipped USPS free to me.

[quote name='swinte']Are these any good? Anybody who has one want to give a recommendation/diss on them?[/quote]

I can give it a diss. I bought one when it first came out and it's almost useless since the D-Pad is too clumsy and the shoulder buttons are too close too each other. The analog sticks are tight and work really well though.

Yea, it'll work on a PS1.

I love the controller; it's completely replaced my official Sony DualShock. (And I do *not* use 3rd party controllers.)

The sticks are super tight, and the buttons are all pretty good. (The D pad is a little rough to use in fighting games, so I can't recommend that.)

The shoulder buttons are really close together, and you have to completely relearn how to use them. In a few hours, you'll be just as fast as w/ a regular DShock controller.

The design is small, almost the exact same size as an original NES controller. However, it works great for me, even w/ my large hands. (Total NES nistalga. Yippie!)

I suggest the controller if you still have your old NES hooked up (and actually play it). It's a great controller, and once you get used to the shoulder buttons, will own you.

I got it last time it was on sale, and I love it! I only use it for RPG's though, as the regular duel shock controller feels a little better, but for RPG's it brings back that old school nes/snes feeling.

Circuitcity.com says the the controller is not available online, but you can add the controller to your cart, so I guess it is back in stock online at CC.com, follow CheapyD's link.

I love the RetroCon. Too bad it's too hard to get ajusted to it with WWE SmackDown! HCTP. It's still a good controller though.

- Dr. Worm

is this really that good? cause i would get it, and paint the outside caseing. i would leave the buttons alone, but i want to paint it. it is that cool?

Picked up my online order today and bought a second in-store. I'm digging it so far. Works great for Jak and Daxter. But I can see why people would find the d-pad troublesome.

The best feature though - THE BUTTONS LIGHT UP. RESPECT.

[quote name='BigHow']Picked up my online order today and bought a second in-store. I'm digging it so far. Works great for Jak and Daxter. But I can see why people would find the d-pad troublesome.

The best feature though - THE BUTTONS LIGHT UP. RESPECT.[/quote]

Heh, I just got mine last night and tried it out on R&C:Going Commando. I'm amazed by this little thing. The analog sticks, while small, are surprisingly tight and responsive, the buttons all have a nice press to them and personally I love the old-school style d-pad. The shoulder buttons are a bit of a pain in the ass (small side-by-side buttons instead of stacked buttons) and the controller itself is a bit small for my hands for extended play.. but overall I'd give it a 7 for gameplay and a 9 overall just because the light up buttons and the old-school look are just killer.

bread's done
Back