[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I did one order so far.Got Rahxephon,and the first two parts of the Patlabor TV series Blu-ray. I'll probably do one more order,hoping the last day has some really good stuff.

Welp, nothing today either. Guess I'll see what 13 holds and finally put my order in. Penguin Drum, Patlabor, and the Berserk movies are my definite pickups so far.

Well, here we are at the end of another 12+ Days sale.  Though none of the prices blew me away, there was still enough in the sale to keep me fairly happy.  I'll be making my final purchase tonight once I know if Day 13 has anything worthwhile.

Here's the breakdown if anyone's mildly interested:

Already Ordered:

Time of Eve

Nura:Rise of the Yokai Clan Set 2

Penguin Drum collection 1 and 2

Shakugan no Shana Season 2 pt 1 LE

Going to Order:

Tegami Bachi Season 1 and 2

Towa no Quon

Thinking about Ordering:

You're Under Arrest Seasons 2 and 3

Ruin Explorers

Chaos; Head (probably gets cut)

Baccano (probably gets cut)

Well, here we are at the end of another 12+ Days sale. Though none of the prices blew me away, there was still enough in the sale to keep me fairly happy. I'll be making my final purchase tonight once I know if Day 13 has anything worthwhile.

Here's the breakdown if anyone's mildly interested:

Already Ordered:

Time of Eve

Nura:Rise of the Yokai Clan Set 2

Penguin Drum collection 1 and 2

Shakugan no Shana Season 2 pt 1 LE

Going to Order:

Tegami Bachi Season 1 and 2

Towa no Quon

Thinking about Ordering:

You're Under Arrest Seasons 2 and 3

Ruin Explorers

Chaos; Head (probably gets cut)

Baccano (probably gets cut)
Did you actually receive Time of Eve? I ordered it and they left it out of my order saying it was cancelled by the manufacturer.

Hey, guys. I have a question regarding the many S.A.V.E. Editions animes on sale. Do these value editions have video and audio quality that are inferior to their normal non-S.A.V.E. versions? Or is the only difference that they have very little in terms of extras?

I do not care for extras as I never watch them so if these S.A.V.E Editions have excellent video and audio quality I'm all over them! If anyone can shine some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

A boring last day means that You're Under Arrest makes the cut.  Well kids, it's been fun.  Make sure you get those orders in now to get them shipped to you by Christmas :D

I'll have the list up in the op in a bit.

The site is running extremely laggy atm, so trying to compile the list is just not working out atm.

Hey, guys. I have a question regarding the many S.A.V.E. Editions animes on sale. Do these value editions have video and audio quality that are inferior to their normal non-S.A.V.E. versions? Or is the only difference that they have very little in terms of extras?

I do not care for extras as I never watch them so if these S.A.V.E Editions have excellent video and audio quality I'm all over them! If anyone can shine some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Those editions aren't cheaper because they lack quality, but the main reason really just lies in the packaging. The S.A.V.E. editions are notorious for being incredibly ugly back in the days due to that large green bar on the spine, and on the cover, but in recent years the covers have now been made reversible, so you can turn it inside out for most of the S.A.V.E. editions now if you don't like that ugly cover art with the green bars on them. The video and audio quality will be the same as if you bought those sets in the non-S.A.V.E. editions, so no worries on that. Ugly=Cheaper. That's it really.

They should change the name of the site to wrongstuf. ;)

Oh well, wasn't expecting to find anything and wasn't disappointed lol.

I'll have the list up in the op in a bit.

The site is running extremely laggy atm, so trying to compile the list is just not working out atm.

Those editions aren't cheaper because they lack quality, but the main reason really just lies in the packaging. The S.A.V.E. editions are notorious for being incredibly ugly back in the days due to that large green bar on the spine, and on the cover, but in recent years the covers have now been made reversible, so you can turn it inside out for most of the S.A.V.E. editions now if you don't like that ugly cover art with the green bars on them. The video and audio quality will be the same as if you bought those sets in the non-S.A.V.E. editions, so no worries on that. Ugly=Cheaper. That's it really.
Thank you very much for this information! I'm not very concerned with how the case looks. I'm just concerned with saving big bucks! I will now use what I have just learned and buy about.... $230 worth of S.A.V.E. Edition sets! Hmm... technically that's a redundant term as it would be Super Amazing Value Edition Edition. :D Thanks again, Squarehard.

There are only a few small things I would maybe consider getting now that all is said-and-done. But not enough to reach free shipping. I saw a trailer for "Samurai Girls". Unashamed fanservice up the whazoo, but very interesting and slick animation. Anyone have an opinion on the show? Is there enough action to go around, or is it mostly characters doing a lot of talking and looking and not a lot of fighting?

There are only a few small things I would maybe consider getting now that all is said-and-done. But not enough to reach free shipping. I saw a trailer for "Samurai Girls". Unashamed fanservice up the whazoo, but very interesting and slick animation. Anyone have an opinion on the show? Is there enough action to go around, or is it mostly characters doing a lot of talking and looking and not a lot of fighting?
It's kind of half and half. Many of the episodes are mainly just them sitting around talking, and then as the episode progresses builds up to a big battle in the end that ends somewhat abruptly in an ecchi sort of way. The first episode is rather misleading as to how the rest of the series will go since there's a pretty good amount of action going on in it, but it's definitely not as much action as you would expect there to be, but a decent amount. The series seems to have a hard time trying to define which way it wanted to go, whether it'd be more ecchi harem heavy, or action heavy.

I will also say the first series ends rather abruptly, and doesn't really explain much, if anything, and the second series was kind of a letdown, even more so than the first series (the one on sale now), so depends on if you plan to pursue the series when the second one gets released at some point. The animation is indeed well done, but it just didn't seem to meet my expectations as I had somewhat high hopes for it prior to watching it. It gets an okay from me, but don't put your expectations too high on that particular title.

That said, what else are you on the borderline of purchasing?

As much as I kept saying "I already own all the good stuff" I ended up with 6 orders from this sale.

Order 1:
Captain Tylor Bundle
Utena Set 1
His & Her Circumstances

Order 2:
Aria Set 1
Kimikiss Set 1/2
Wedding Peach Season 1/2

Order 3:
Dirty Pair Bundle
Utena Set 2

Order 4:
Idolm@aster Set 1/2
Early Reigns
Kino's Journey

Order 5:
Akaballion
Amagami SS Set 2
Amagami SS+
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Seasons 1/2 & 3/4

Order 6:
11 Eyes
Utena Set 3
Emma Set 2
Rose of Versailles Set 2

I ordered my utena bundle back near the end of November and I see that it's back ordered in my order status. Should I be worried?

I ordered my utena bundle back near the end of November and I see that it's back ordered in my order status. Should I be worried?
No but their customer service is amazing so if you just shoot 'em an email they will usually give you a status update.

Thanks again, Squarehard.
Squarehard is right. I just picked up the "Birdy The Mighty" Save set as part of this sale. The cover is not very good at all, and is made worse by the green save bar. However, the reversible cover uses art from one of the earlier box sets and looks fantastic. I've had a similar experience with all the other Save sets I've recently gotten. The reversed covers usually look just fine, and fit in much better on my shelf. It definitely makes those sets easier to recommend.

I made a couple of compromises for the sake of value. (dropped the Darker Than Black sets out of my cart) But I still ended up snagging some of the more expensive boxsets. Most notably I couldn't pass up on Shiki, and I went ahead and took a chance on Penguindrum. The Dragon Ball Z movie sets on Blu Ray were also a bit pricey when all added up. There was a considerable amount I got in addition to that, but the rest was very reasonably priced, so I'm not complaining.

They're having issues with the weather making it difficult for them to get shipments in, so there's delays for many items which are backordered. You may want to check with them what the status is with your order as they should be able to help you out with it. If you check your order, does it say it's "Reserved for your order", or is it still backordered? If it's been reserved, that means they have it, but they can't ship it out yet, probably due to the awful weather, and if it's backordered that means they haven't received any stock at all yet.

Squarehard is right. I just picked up the "Birdy The Mighty" Save set as part of this sale. The cover is not very good at all, and is made worse by the green save bar. However, the reversible cover uses art from one of the earlier box sets and looks fantastic. I've had a similar experience with all the other Save sets I've recently gotten. The reversed covers usually look just fine, and fit in much better on my shelf. It definitely makes those sets easier to recommend.

I made a couple of compromises for the sake of value. (dropped the Darker Than Black sets out of my cart) But I still ended up snagging some of the more expensive boxsets. Most notably I couldn't pass up on Shiki, and I went ahead and took a chance on Penguindrum. The Dragon Ball Z movie sets on Blu Ray were also a bit pricey when all added up. There was a considerable amount I got in addition to that, but the rest was very reasonably priced, so I'm not complaining.
It used to be harder to compromise cheap for looks, but now that you can properly reverse the cover art it sure makes it much easier. XD

The old S.A.V.E sets were the worst though because it was give or take that some of them can be flipped over, as they had nothing ready on the spine with title or anything, and it was just the inside cover art. Glad they made the change finally though, and realized people think that green bar is fugly as hell. :3

so is all the stuff that was on sale during past days still on sale?
Yep. Sales are good "through 11:59 p.m. CT on December 25, 2013", although they've been known to extend the deadline through New Year's in the past.

Stock will vary of course, but other than that the prices are good through Christmas, and possibly longer, but for now just through Christmas.

So does anyone think that Persona will come out with a complete collection next year? not sure if I want to spend that much when I might be able to get the whole set next year for around $30

So does anyone think that Persona will come out with a complete collection next year? not sure if I want to spend that much when I might be able to get the whole set next year for around $30
Who knows? Sentai has been consistently slow in release complete collections of sets. Even if they do come out with a complete collection, unlike Funi though, it will be priced much higher most likely, even with the discount, so personally I wouldn't count a complete collection coming out next year to be in the sale for the end of the year for cheap. They work very, very slowly with merging their sets together, unlike Funi who seem to do it rather fast after releasing the individuals, almost on purpose just to screw me over for buying early! :x

Also, if you're only planning to pick up the Persona 4s, DD has them right now for a bit cheaper, and free shipping because it's over $25, so as long as you don't have tax, and you're only planning to get the Persona 4s, it may be a better alternative,

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search.results?Ntk=primary&Ntt=persona+4&N=0

Just recieved the rest of my order from the 27th today. thinking about picking up baccano blu just because its out of print all and everywhere else its $50-60.

They work very, very slowly with merging their sets together, unlike Funi who seem to do it rather fast after releasing the individuals, almost on purpose just to screw me over for buying early! :x
Yes, Funimation is very crafty with their releases. They'll release a series in multiple parts, make as much money as they can off of the die-hard fans, and then as soon as the sales dip they'll release a full season set at a lower price, to get the sales from the less enthusiastic fans who were a bit more price-tag shy. And a year or two after that, they'll re-release the series in a bargain-themed SAVE set for next to nothing, and get the sales from the much more casual fans. (and extreme bargain hunters) Funimation knows how to milk their catalogue for every cent it's worth.

Sentai is much less likely to re-release their series. I wouldn't necessarily wait for a full series set.

It's kind of half and half. Many of the episodes are mainly just them sitting around talking, and then as the episode progresses builds up to a big battle in the end that ends somewhat abruptly in an ecchi sort of way. The first episode is rather misleading as to how the rest of the series will go since there's a pretty good amount of action going on in it, but it's definitely not as much action as you would expect there to be, but a decent amount. The series seems to have a hard time trying to define which way it wanted to go, whether it'd be more ecchi harem heavy, or action heavy.

I will also say the first series ends rather abruptly, and doesn't really explain much, if anything, and the second series was kind of a letdown, even more so than the first series (the one on sale now), so depends on if you plan to pursue the series when the second one gets released at some point. The animation is indeed well done, but it just didn't seem to meet my expectations as I had somewhat high hopes for it prior to watching it. It gets an okay from me, but don't put your expectations too high on that particular title.

That said, what else are you on the borderline of purchasing?
Thanks for the info! Not really any bigger items on the table right now. Just smaller sets in the cart.

I'm having trouble passing on the really cheap sets. Na aka 6/17, Aquarians age, etc. I mean I've never heard of them, but cheap anime helps extend my collection. And I'm sure I'd watch it.... Someday.

I'm just waiting for a full Persona 4 on blu that CONTAINS subs... It should be long enough outside of Japan for them to allow it, right?

Hey everyone. So after browsing the selection again, another set caught my eye. Any opinions on "Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne"?

I was hoping for some Yen Press manga bundles but that did not come to be.  I am definitely picking up the Avatar Hardcover and I need to decide what to get for free shipping.  Looking at the Tekkaman Blade bundle I have a vague memory of watching it as a kid, but I am not sure how it holds up today.  Also looking at the Chobits Omnibus 1 and 2 and I just noticed they aren't even in stock.   From NISA I'm looking at the House of Five Leaves, Zakuro and Katanagatari.  It would be great if Zakuro and Katanagatari had standard editions.  If I pick up Katanagatari I can keep the Blus and try to sell the rest.  There's also a bunch of sentai dvds I could pick but I'll wait until Christmas to see if DD does anything sales wise and decide on what to get if any.

I was hoping for some Yen Press manga bundles but that did not come to be. I am definitely picking up the Avatar Hardcover and I need to decide what to get for free shipping. Looking at the Tekkaman Blade bundle I have a vague memory of watching it as a kid, but I am not sure how it holds up today. Also looking at the Chobits Omnibus 1 and 2 and I just noticed they aren't even in stock. From NISA I'm looking at the House of Five Leaves, Zakuro and Katanagatari. It would be great if Zakuro and Katanagatari had standard editions. If I pick up Katanagatari I can keep the Blus and try to sell the rest. There's also a bunch of sentai dvds I could pick but I'll wait until Christmas to see if DD does anything sales wise and decide on what to get if any.
DD already ran all the sales they were going to run, and the prices now are still their sale prices from BF on the Sentai titles, so they may go up once they decide to not have them on sale anymore. Although, DD does like to run extra 10-15% codes every so often, so you could always wait for that, but since they've ran them during the BF sale even it may or may not happen again for awhile, and when they do the prices might go back up again. Just keep an eye on the prices, etc.

Just placed my order on RightStuf and brought my holiday purchases to a conclusion. My purchases include:

Birdy the Mighty: Decode DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E Edition $14.99

Corpse Princess DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.99

El Cazador de la Bruja DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Girl's High DVD Complete Series (S) - Litebox $7.99

Gun X Sword DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Guyver DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Kobato DVD Complete Collection (S) $24.49

Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Noir DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - Anime Classics $23.49

Phantom DVD (Hyb) $3.99

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E Edition $14.99

Romeo x Juliet DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Speed Grapher DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Tower of Druaga DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Utawarerumono DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

xxxHOLiC DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition $14.09

Done.

Order 1 (during the 3 waves):

Birdy the Mighty Decode DVD Complete Series: $14.99

Clannad DVD Complete Collection: $24.49

Clannad After Story DVD Complete Collection: $24.49

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu-ray: $8

Total: $71.97

Order 2 (placed just now after the 13 days):

Baccano! DVD Complete Series: $18.79

Ga-Rei-Zero DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series: $25.84

Ghost in the Shell: SAC: The Laughing Man Blu-ray: $10

Ghost in the Shell: SAC: Solid State Society Blu-ray: $10

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig: Individual 11 Blu-ray: $10

Rahxephon DVD Complete Collection: $18.99

Total: $93.62

I had about $200 worth of things initially for my order 2, but I wanted to restrain myself a bit lol. Did some price comparisons with Amazon to see what things weren't on sale for too much that I could get later, etc. Ended up removing a bit over $100 worth of stuff and managed to knock the order down to under $100.

Total Price: $165.59, not bad at all!

I don't mind the S.A.V.E. packaging so much. I understand why many don't like it but it's okay for me. As long as the shows are awesome and, as you have informed me, that the video an audio quality are exactly the same as the regular editions, I'll be all over it to save some cash.

Side note: I miss Funimation's old store where they had some crazy deals with B1G1 free and huge discounts. I remember scoring Devil May Cry and Heroic Age both on bloo for less than twelve dollars each. I got DVD sets of Sands of Destruction and Last Exile for ten dollars each. I hope they bring back some of those types of deals now that they re-opened their online store (of which I only recently found out).

I really wish I could get sword art online for something that isn't an outrageous price. I really like this anime. The second halts quality doesn't seem to be on par with the first half though.

So has anyone seen bodacious space pirates? How I it and what should I expect from it if I buy it.
It's great. Basically Star Trek only Kirk and Spock are teenage girls (which doesn't change things as much as you might think).

It's great. Basically Star Trek only Kirk and Spock are teenage girls (which doesn't change things as much as you might think).
Eh....it seemed really clichéd and lame to me. At best I would've put it at average and watchable if you aren't paying a lot or it's free (Crunchyroll).

So you guys remember when I said I didn't like Steins;Gate? I marathon'd episodes 11-25 today, and then immediately turned around and bought it off Amazon for $45 with that $5 off $35 promo credit. The first half of the series was incredibly slow, but the second half was pretty amazing. Needless to say I enjoyed it!

I like how Time of Eve is $5 more now and listed as not discontinued with more arriving soon again.  Never ordered from them before but with such shady dealings like that I probably never will.

I like how Time of Eve is $5 more now and listed as not discontinued with more arriving soon again. Never ordered from them before but with such shady dealings like that I probably never will.
They actually do this with certain things pretty often, but usually they note it in advance.

With the ViZ titles they actually explained it was only a limited quantity at the initial price, and once it ran out, it would go up, but yeah, certain things they just won't note it, and throw it in from under you, but usually those are just the things they have a hard time getting back in stock, and what not, but yeah, still shady. ;D

So does this mean they will eventually get this back in stock?  Up until it was discontinued I held out hope I'd be able to buy it and finish watching.  Instead, I had to finish streaming it off a fansub site and I really, really want to own it.  Easily the best anime I've seen in years and a quick look at Amazon wants almost $100 for it.  To hell with that lol.

bread's done
Back