Dead Rising 2 $40 on Steam

Hate to be that guy, but it's not technically a deal because the MSRP will be $40 for the PC version of Dead Rising 2.

Thanks though.

[quote name='rayne117']Hate to be that guy, but it's not technically a deal because the MSRP will be $40 for the PC version of Dead Rising 2.

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks for the heads up. I had ZERO idea, thought it would be $60.

So this thread can sink or be deleted or whatnot!

It is very rare for a game to MSRP at $60 for PC, but $50 is more likely than $40, so you are providing me with info that i didn't know. Thanks.

is this coming out for PS3? Or just 360 and PC? I would rather have it on a console but i got rid of my 360 once I got a gaming PC (only game I miss is Alan Wake, most 360 exclusives like spinter cell and mass effect 2 went to PC)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']is this coming out for PS3? Or just 360 and PC? I would rather have it on a console but i got rid of my 360 once I got a gaming PC (only game I miss is Alan Wake, most 360 exclusives like spinter cell and mass effect 2 went to PC)[/QUOTE]

Yup, it will be getting a simultaneous PC, PS3, and 360 release.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Yup, it will be getting a simultaneous PC, PS3, and 360 release.[/QUOTE]
Hm, which one will get the short end of the development stick? :roll:

[quote name='rayne117']Hm, which one will get the short end of the development stick? :roll:[/QUOTE]

PS3 and PC are both missing Case Zero, so they're hosed before the game even comes out.

If the PS3 version has framerate issues or runs at 576p or 630p or some other whacky sub-HD resolution, I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought this was coming out after the console versions. It's actually coming out the same time? Hmm...tempted to go pc for it if so.

[quote name='takotchi']PS3 and PC are both missing Case Zero, so they're hosed before the game even comes out.

If the PS3 version has framerate issues or runs at 576p or 630p or some other whacky sub-HD resolution, I wouldn't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted to play Case Zero, so that's why I pre-ordered the 360 version of Dead Rising 2. Plus the first game was 360-exclusive, so I figure the sequel on the same platform should at least be at the same level of technical competency.

I had heard unconfirmed reports that the PC version is the best running out of all three.

I'm going to be waiting to pick up the game regardless, but if that's true, 20 bucks less for better is good by me.

[quote name='Logain8955']I had heard unconfirmed reports that the PC version is the best running out of all three.

I'm going to be waiting to pick up the game regardless, but if that's true, 20 bucks less for better is good by me.[/QUOTE]

Chances are your "unconfirmed" reports holds validity, as what PC game isn't always superior over its console counterpart? When I saw the graphical/rendered mess Mafia II was on the PS3 I quickly switched over my pre-order to the PC version. I should have known.

Although I love Steam I'd hold off on this one. Something tells me this game will fluctuate in terms of price in no time.

Capcom uses a common engine between PC, 360, and PS3 this generation, and so far, their PC ports this generation have been better than their console counterparts

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Plus the first game was 360-exclusive, so I figure the sequel on the same platform should at least be at the same level of technical competency.[/QUOTE]

It is not the same engine as the first. Blue Castle Games started from scratch, it is not the Framework engine that past Capcom games have been using..

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Chances are your "unconfirmed" reports holds validity, as what PC game isn't always superior over its console counterpart? [/QUOTE]

The vast majority these days, unfortunately. PC often gets the short end of the stick one way or another.

Mafia 2 is one of the rare cases where the developer really focused on making the PC version good.

[quote name='Jigen']The vast majority these days, unfortunately. PC often gets the short end of the stick one way or another.

Mafia 2 is one of the rare cases where the developer really focused on making the PC version good.[/QUOTE]

Not with Capcom games. Its MT Framework engine (I think that's right) makes it easier to port over, and its usually the best on PC. Check out videos of DMC4 and RE5 for reference.

When DR2 was revealed they said it was a whole new engine, not MT Framework. Blue Castle doesn't exactly have a strong pedigree, it might be wise to temper expectations a little until some previews start rolling out over the next few weeks. Bionic Commando was published by Capcom too, and we all know how that one turned out.

So far this gen Capcom has been making amazing "ports", but as everyone said, it's because of MT Framework.

I'm gonna wait for a benchmark/demo before I grab the PC version over the 360.

[quote name='Strider Seven']So far this gen Capcom has been making amazing "ports", but as everyone said, it's because of MT Framework.

I'm gonna wait for a benchmark/demo before I grab the PC version over the 360.[/QUOTE]

all of there PC ports have been pretty darn good, i dont see any reason to expect the console version to be better excluding exclusive content,

It is doubtful but Dead Rising 2 is using some other engine which might not be PC friendly.

Sidenote: I recently ran the Lost Planet 2 Benchmark and it ran very well on my "meh" system. I might upgrade sooner or later mainly for FFXIV or something.

50 FPS Average
E6600 OCed to 3 GHz
9800 GTX+
4 GB DDR2 RAM

yeah thats true, but this isnt even a port from PC, since its on both ps3 and 360, the lead platform is hopefully the pc

besides, the only thing impressive is the on screen amount of characters, our pc's should eat this game :p

err port to pc i mean lol

Why is this retailing for just $40? It boggles the mind!

Sucks though, because I we won't get the prologue. I imagine there is a better chance of us getting it than the PS3 people though. :whistle2:/

[quote name='SeanTM22']Will the PC version have xbox LIVE achievement compatability?[/QUOTE]

This.

Assuming this doesn't suck compared to the 360 version, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. Does Steam accept..... CASH!?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Why is this retailing for just $40? It boggles the mind!

Sucks though, because I we won't get the prologue. I imagine there is a better chance of us getting it than the PS3 people though. :whistle2:/

This.[/QUOTE]

You could just get the prologue on 360 since it is a XBLA stand alone title and get the game on PC if you wanted to. Though I think the prologue unlocks a costume or something in the core game so you would miss out on that if you care about it.

zero is stand alone, so it can be bought on xbox without the actual game
45 bucks total for both compared to 60? i think yes

[quote name='Wompdevil']You could just get the prologue on 360 since it is a XBLA stand alone title and get the game on PC if you wanted to. Though I think the prologue unlocks a costume or something in the core game so you would miss out on that if you care about it.[/QUOTE]

Actually since the PC release is GFWL enabled it's possible any perks from the XBLA game may transfer to that version as well.

[quote name='Oreoleo']Actually since the PC release is GFWL enabled it's possible any perks from the XBLA game may transfer to that version as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I believe RE5 and SF4 had the XBL achievements

[quote name='Oreoleo']Actually since the PC release is GFWL enabled it's possible any perks from the XBLA game may transfer to that version as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it'll require a save file.

I didn't even know there was going to be a pc version. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out especially with a cheaper price point. I remember not really caring for the aiming controls on the original 360 game, maybe with a mouse and keyboard the aiming will be more intuitive.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']It has been confirmed that this game will be for Windows LIVE. So there will be achievements! Yaaah![/QUOTE]

source?

And does steam charge for preorders immediatly?

Great price. I want Case Zero also... I think I may just get the Steam version during the holiday sale, assuming Capcom decides to put it on sale at all (as it did with Devil may Cry 4 and Bionic Commando over the summer).

[quote name='Scorch']......this might be worth picking up for PC if it will be modable.

Just think of the possibilities with weapons :drool:[/QUOTE]

Not a chance.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ahahahaha not a chance.[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter IV on PC is highly moddable (and not intentionally on Capcom's part), so its possible.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I'm pretty sure it'll require a save file.[/QUOTE]

Most XBLA games don't have save files, progress/achievements are usually tied to the gamer tag used to play the game. It's not for certain of course, but there's a chance the PC version can utilize that data.

bread's done
Back