Dead Rising 2 CE Zombrex Edition (PS3) - $19.99 shipped at Newegg

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg has the Dead Rising 2 CE for PS3 for just $19.99 and free shipping. I think that's the cheapest I've seen it for

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879233052

79-233-052-S01

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition Contains:

Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- Blu-Ray Disc featuring a High-Definition 24 minute "Making of" featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case
- Zombrex "Syringe" pen
- Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex "Safety" card
- Zombrex "Prospectus" Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)
- Voucher for XMB Dynamic Theme

Last edited by a moderator:
This mirrors their sale they had a few weeks ago except that included the 360 version as well.

I can't believe that almost every retailers has priced this sub $30 and they still can't get rid of them.

For $10 bucks I'd be in for one, hell even at $15 I probably would. (these sales always seem to be about $10 from my buying price, and I'd have to say my wallet is glad)

FYI,

When newegg shipped these out last time many people reported getting them in bubble mailers which will most likely result in the outer packaging being damaged. You can always return them but just something to keep in mind.

[quote name='GBAstar']This mirrors their sale they had a few weeks ago except that included the 360 version as well.

I can't believe that almost every retailers has priced this sub $30 and they still can't get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

Something I was thinking. Perhaps Falcon printed too many collector's edition copies. I mean at what's included, nothing really 'cool'. I picked up my copy last time it was on sale since it was cheaper then the regular edition

[quote name='malethief']Something I was thinking. Perhaps Falcon printed too many collector's edition copies. I mean at what's included, nothing really 'cool'. I picked up my copy last time it was on sale since it was cheaper then the regular edition[/QUOTE]

I was about to point that out. If you want a new copy of the game, this is the cheapest deal. Although I know some people who would like the extras since they have zombie survival guides :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah even if you just wanted the game this is a solid deal. Not sure why anyone gave it a 2-star rating :([/QUOTE]

no 360 version. shouldn't even get 1 star

:beer:

not a big dead rising fan my next zombie game will be dead island but when its under 20.

dead rising 1-2 with their time limit stories just don't feel right to me

[quote name='chunlirocks']no 360 version. shouldn't even get 1 star

:beer:[/QUOTE]

I bet you rated last month's idendical 360 version deal thread 1 star because it didn't have the PS3 version. ;)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I bet you rated last month's idendical 360 version deal thread 1 star because it didn't have the PS3 version. ;)[/QUOTE]

That is a negative bro. The ps3 version has some of the worst loadtimes this gen. Truly disgusting.

[quote name='chunlirocks']That is a negative bro. The ps3 version has some of the worst loadtimes this gen. Truly disgusting.[/QUOTE]

No, it really doesnt. I have the ps3 version and it didnt seem abnormally long to me nor did it bother me.

My guess is your just saying that because your a 360 fanboy since you admitted to rating this deal low because it didnt have the 360 version included.

The fact you rated it low for not having 360 version is proof enough. Because thats as stupid as saying "That car dealership sucks man! They have their trucks on sale but not their cars!". I mean really now, you rated the deal bad just because they also didnt have on sale the game you wanted them to have on sale? Whats next, you going to rate a deal bad because they dont also have a sale going on for tv's or systems? Your just one of those folks that is never happy with anything. This is a deal for the ps3 version and nothing else, how you can dislike it just because it doesnt include the 360 version is beyond me.

Coming from the guy with the broken 360. Most hilarious thing I've read all day.

[quote name='gargus']No, it really doesnt. I have the ps3 version and it didnt seem abnormally long to me nor did it bother me.

My guess is your just saying that because your a 360 fanboy since you admitted to rating this deal low because it didnt have the 360 version included.

The fact you rated it low for not having 360 version is proof enough. Because thats as stupid as saying "That car dealership sucks man! They have their trucks on sale but not their cars!". I mean really now, you rated the deal bad just because they also didnt have on sale the game you wanted them to have on sale? Whats next, you going to rate a deal bad because they dont also have a sale going on for tv's or systems? Your just one of those folks that is never happy with anything. This is a deal for the ps3 version and nothing else, how you can dislike it just because it doesnt include the 360 version is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I have both PS3 and X360, and played several same title games on both consoles. If the X360 version is installed onto the hard drive, most games still load faster on X360 than the PS3 even it's installed onto the hard drive. I would say even it's a few seconds difference but if it's something like saving the game progress, after a while, PS3 version starts to feel slower.

But if the PS3 version has no hard drive install option, then the X360 version is always faster loading and even faster when installed onto the hard drive.

Right. No 360 version is absolutely ridiculous. As a matter of fact not a single thread on the first page has a deal on the 360 version of Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition. All these threads should get 1 star...that's just pure logic.

It is clearly stated in the title that this is PS3 only, so you come in here wanting it for 360, and rate the thread 1 stars? Idiot.

i see this selling for $10-$15 on black friday, i would get this if I already hadnt purchased my copy of dead rising 2 for the same price at bb a few months back, and I still havent touched it since

Thanks op, finally bought Dead Rising 2 ^^
After I missed a couple of times getting DR2 CE for cheap I thought my chances would be slim by now...just how many Zombrex editions are out there?

[quote name='Morpha']I literally just purchased this game like 3 days ago for 27 on Amazon. :|[/QUOTE]

:( same I got mine less than a month ago, I don't think I can get amazon to adjust because its through a different seller but amazon ships it ...oh well great game! For those complaining about load times...really isn't that bad when you grow up playing resident evil with 1000s of 3 sec load times just to open a door . Plus the joy you get out of punching zombies with boxing gloves engulfed in flames is just priceless....or at least 20 bucks.

I'm not sure how your asinine trolling continues to be acceptable on CAG.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not sure how your asinine trolling continues to be acceptable on CAG.[/QUOTE]

this is the internet report it/ignore it/block the user, move on

Mine arrived today.

Packaged very well, in a large box with brown paper as padding.

Game box is in perfect shape.

[quote name='chunlirocks']That is a negative bro. The ps3 version has some of the worst loadtimes this gen. Truly disgusting.[/QUOTE]
are they the same or even longer than the 360 version? That version already had 30sec+ load times.

I feel like the opened box are the ones people returned. I remember people were complaining about how the package is damaged and what not. So maybe these are those returned orders. Very tempted though because I don't have the game yet. But there's nothing I like about the collector's item except a slight interest in the metal case and art book.

How often does the PS3 version game have to load? How long does it load for? You'd figure since it's the latest generation there wouldn't be any long extended loading time.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I feel like the opened box are the ones people returned. I remember people were complaining about how the package is damaged and what not. So maybe these are those returned orders. Very tempted though because I don't have the game yet. But there's nothing I like about the collector's item except a slight interest in the metal case and art book.[/QUOTE]
Yuppers:

"Open Box merchandise are products that have been purchased and delivered to other customers, and then returned to Newegg. Open Box products are sold considerably under cost. Newegg provides a 30-Day Refund-Only Return Policy for Open Box products.

Newegg tests Open Box products for basic functionality only.
Due to the varying quality of products returned to Newegg, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.
Newegg makes every attempt to supply the original accessories for Open Box products. However, regardless of what the product description says, Newegg only guarantees that you will receive the product itself; accessories may or may not be included. Bear in mind that your open box product may not contain cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, fans, etc. Additionally, the product may exhibit cosmetic imperfections as a result of its having been previously opened.

Newegg will not send you any missing accessory, even if the accessory is required in order to properly make use of all the product’s advertised functions.

While Newegg does not like to discourage sales, please purchase open box products only if you know how to deal with potential missing accessories."

[quote name='kouleefoh']I feel like the opened box are the ones people returned. I remember people were complaining about how the package is damaged and what not. So maybe these are those returned orders. Very tempted though because I don't have the game yet. But there's nothing I like about the collector's item except a slight interest in the metal case and art book.[/QUOTE]

The Zombrex pen and pamphlet are both pretty cool, and the game itself is easily worth the $14. I play a lot of games, and I'll be the first to admit that DR2 has many flaws, but it's also a ton of fun and in my top 20 all time list. Worst case, if you don't like it you can probably unload it someplace for $14.

[quote name='Achilles00']The Zombrex pen and pamphlet are both pretty cool, and the game itself is easily worth the $14. I play a lot of games, and I'll be the first to admit that DR2 has many flaws, but it's also a ton of fun and in my top 20 all time list. Worst case, if you don't like it you can probably unload it someplace for $14.[/QUOTE]
You're right, $14 for this game is a decent price.

Edit: finally decided to buy, OOS. lol! Phew, my wallet is relieved.

[quote name='kouleefoh']You're right, $14 for this game is a decent price.

Edit: finally decided to buy, OOS. lol! Phew, my wallet is relieved.[/QUOTE]

Glad a CAG got it. Let us know about the experience with the Open Box item. Hope you get all the contents in the C.E.

Thats a great price!

bread's done
Back