Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition revealed (Steelbook, Art Book, and more) - $79.99

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Capcom releeased officaily details about Dead Rising 2's Collector's Edition. It comes with a steelbook, an art book, and a few other things listed below for $79.99. The 360 version gets an exclusive 84 minute movie called “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun”

Pre-order shipping September 28th:

PS3 Version
360 Version

2fa209a7d73a692189f8879c38cfbc12.jpg

Available for both the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, there are some variations between the two editions. For the full list of content, see below:

PS3 Dead Rising 2 – Zombrex Edition
- Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- Blu-Ray Disc featuring a High-Definition 24 minute “Making of” featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case (described above)
- Zombrex “Syringe” pen
- Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex “Safety” card
- Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)
- Voucher for XMB Dynamic Theme

X360 Dead Rising 2 – Zombrex Edition
- Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun” motion picture and 24 minute “Making of” featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case (described above)
- Zombrex “Syringe” pen
- Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex “Safety” card
- Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

Man i want the UK set. The pen who cares who will display that or use it? If they use it how long until it breaks or gets stolen from a friend/co worker or just lost. The figure is not awesome as hell but its not bad and rather have that then a pen and a art book. I got artbooks from past games which i never even looked at besides one and went wow ok whatever and put back inside the case. The steel case is the only thing i like on this USA ver. I am not sure what i will be doing maybe buy it used off ebay when people sell this ver for $30-40 used.

[quote name='etcrane']But, having seen the pen up close, it is exactly the same level of quality as those that are mass produced as novelty item, correct?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the exact same pen you posted earlier, just with blue liquid instead of red. Also, the box it comes in is real easy to crush, so I won't be surprised to hear rampant reports of boxes being crushed during shipping. Honestly, I just like that Capcom took the time to think up a Collector's Edition that is actually themed to the game rather than lazily slapping an action figure in with the SE of the game.

Action figure/game bundles just seem like a step backwards in terms of CE design, in my opinion. Bioshock 2 and Alan Wake have really raised the bar for CE design (through thematic linking with their games) and I think other games should follow in their footsteps. This particular CE does a good job in that respect.

[quote name='etcrane']Speaking of which, can anyone name a really good Japanese zombie movie, because I don't think it's a genre that Japan has really mastered[/QUOTE]

They will never master it. They can't seem to grasp the concept of undead without tying it to some form of spiritual afterlife.

You can check out Tokyo Zombie if you can find it for rent. It's the closest thing to a true Japanese zombie movie, but it's only bearable with a few good parts. They were going for a Shaun Of The Dead zomedy style with it and failed rather hard.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']CE does not even include the GameStop pre-order ninja outfit. lame.[/QUOTE]

CE does not even include the 'Case Zero' prequel download token. What kind of 'collector's edition' lacks so much? That's right, a Capcom Collector's edition of course! just wait for the mark-downs 2-3 months after release, or in time for the holiday sale.

Capcom suits really know how to screw their fan base.

Normally I'd defend Capcom to an extent, but after the abomination that was Lost Planet 2 ... perhaps they have lost their touch

[quote name='Doomstink']

Action figure/game bundles just seem like a step backwards in terms of CE design, in my opinion. Bioshock 2 and Alan Wake have really raised the bar for CE design (through thematic linking with their games) and I think other games should follow in their footsteps. This particular CE does a good job in that respect.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% here. I wouldn't pay 80 for this CE because I just can't rationalize it but I like the CE in general. I prefer cool HD extras and I really like the personality of the Zombrex casing. It's a shame it gets so much hate because aside from the high price this is the direction I'd take my own CE.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I agree 100% here. I wouldn't pay 80 for this CE because I just can't rationalize it but I like the CE in general. I prefer cool HD extras and I really like the personality of the Zombrex casing. It's a shame it gets so much hate because aside from the high price this is the direction I'd take my own CE.[/QUOTE]

I personally dislike it because of the fact that it's a CE with inexpensive extras for $80. Granted Bioshock 2 was a $100 CE but Alan Wake was $80 and included a soundtrack, developer commentary, a full book and a great case.

This CE has a nice case and possibly nice HD extras (though the discrepancy between the 360 and PS3 version is concerning) but the pen, band aid and pad of paper are all extremely low cost items. Even the Bioshock 2 CE got a lot of flack for being 'paper heavy' but at least that was 3 posters, a really nice box, a record and a stunning artbook among other things. This CE has a tiny artbook, the standard on cheaper CEs, and just doesn't have much else that's "classy" imo to justify a $20 added cost.

Honestly, tell me where the money is going? $10 for a steelbook? $5 for the artbook and $5 for the bonus discs? Because otherwise the rest of the items are mass produced penny materials. Just my own reasons for being disappointed in this set, I'd buy it at $60 and be really impressed, $70 would seem fair but a bit much, $80, to me, simply isn't worth it.

[quote name='lokizz']damn shame they couldnt add dr1 in with the ps3 version. ive always wanted to play that game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would have been great.

[quote name='etcrane']I personally dislike it because of the fact that it's a CE with inexpensive extras for $80. Granted Bioshock 2 was a $100 CE but Alan Wake was $80 and included a soundtrack, developer commentary, a full book and a great case.

This CE has a nice case and possibly nice HD extras (though the discrepancy between the 360 and PS3 version is concerning) but the pen, band aid and pad of paper are all extremely low cost items. Even the Bioshock 2 CE got a lot of flack for being 'paper heavy' but at least that was 3 posters, a really nice box, a record and a stunning artbook among other things. This CE has a tiny artbook, the standard on cheaper CEs, and just doesn't have much else that's "classy" imo to justify a $20 added cost.

Honestly, tell me where the money is going? $10 for a steelbook? $5 for the artbook and $5 for the bonus discs? Because otherwise the rest of the items are mass produced penny materials. Just my own reasons for being disappointed in this set, I'd buy it at $60 and be really impressed, $70 would seem fair but a bit much, $80, to me, simply isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree simply based on the Alan Wake CE which IMO is the best one released in that price range.

I personally think it should be 70-75 but I also think it will be clearanced shortly as well.

The Bioshock 2 one is fantastic but the content sacrifices accessibility for kitsch and is also 100 freakin' bones.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I agree simply based on the Alan Wake CE which IMO is the best one released in that price range.

I personally think it should be 70-75 but I also think it will be clearanced shortly as well.

The Bioshock 2 one is fantastic but the content sacrifices accessibility for kitsch and is also 100 freakin' bones.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really wanted the Bioshock 2 artbook, but had no use for the record. And I don't like splitting up and ebay-ing CEs (assuming anyone would even buy the record) - sort of defeats the purpose for buying one in my book.

I'm holding off on the DR2 CE until it price drops, as the content just isn't worth 70 dollars to me.

The UK/EU CE version is better. At least it gives me a reason to get the EU version on the 360 and the US version on the PS3.

[quote name='JDMoney']I've got a drawer full of pens that look similar to these. The pharmaceutical reps pass these out at work like halloween candy.[/QUOTE]

Wanna send me one? =)

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']Woof. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to my $45 pre-order for the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

where did you pre order for $45?

[quote name='Doomstink']Honestly, I just like that Capcom took the time to think up a Collector's Edition that is actually themed to the game rather than lazily slapping an action figure in with the SE of the game. [/QUOTE]

Seconded. If you're into action figures, I guess that's one thing, but personally, I'd rather have this kind of silly novelty stuff like a pen and prescription pad. It's something different, rather than just one more for the figure shelf.

That said, though, probably my favorite CE pack-in is the MW2 night vision goggles. I'm admittedly not a huge MW fan, but damn that's cool.

[quote name='wwe101']where did you pre order for $45?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking with Gamestop with their previous coupons. Another possible option is Amazon for those who had the ECA codes and pre ordered their games.

[quote name='cupcakex1']I'm thinking with Gamestop with their previous coupons. Another possible option is Amazon for those who had the ECA codes and pre ordered their games.[/QUOTE]

ahh thanks. guess i will have to jump on the next deal.

[quote name='wwe101']ahh thanks. guess i will have to jump on the next deal.[/QUOTE]

DR2 is still working with free ship and 20 off 80. The code ends today so hurry! It is a glitch and not supposed to work on this edition but it does. So order now and cancel later if must.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']DR2 is still working with free ship and 20 off 80. The code ends today so hurry! It is a glitch and not supposed to work on this edition but it does. So order now and cancel later if must.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting it to work with 80SAVE20? It isnt working for me.

[quote name='stonciddta']How are you getting it to work with 80SAVE20? It isnt working for me.[/QUOTE]

Need to add a .01 or more filler, because the game is 79.99, not 80.

[quote name='joen05']Need to add a .01 or more filler, because the game is 79.99, not 80.[/QUOTE]

Just toss in one of the games from the powerplay sale for $3 or so, that's what I've more or less been doing.

I personally don't much care for action figures/statues so I'm not down with that EU version, but I can also sort of understand the sticker shock. I like these kind of bonuses, but this doesn't quite justify a $20 hike, although the steelbook is nice. With the 80save20 I might as well bite on it though, I was determined to buy the game anyways and I'm sure I can make some extra cash from the extras.

bread's done
Back